PDA

View Full Version : How early is too early

Hotcobra270
06-29-2007, 08:54 AM
My neighbor had a construction crew cutting bricks with one of those big
industrial saws at 6:30am!!
There was light out but 6:30am is way too early I think..
Isnt 8am the rule in residential construction?
They better not do that tomorrow morning (im sleeping in) or I'm going have to go out there ...
what do you think?

Jordy
06-29-2007, 08:56 AM
This time of year, here??? 6:30 is halfway through the day. You're lucky it wasn't earlier. We used to start at 5:00 and be done by 2:00. :)

wsuwrhr
06-29-2007, 09:02 AM
I'd say on a weekday, 7am is probably the norm. I'm not sure if being a "weekend" matters much, but you'd think they'd give you another hour just out of courtesy.
If I have any sawing or such to do, I use the 7am rule myself.
Me too here.
Most times I do sawing that I need done in the morning, at 5 or 6 at night the previous day if I can swing it.
Brian

MudPumper
06-29-2007, 09:02 AM
Check your city's website for ordinances (sp) or municipal codes. They all have them regarding construction. Weekdays are usually 7am, weekends are usually later and in some cities prohibited all together without special permit.

Tequila-John
06-29-2007, 09:05 AM
Out here where i live they start mowing lawns at 4:30am during the summer. Have fun bud

Jordy
06-29-2007, 09:08 AM
Check your city's website for ordinances (sp) or municipal codes. They all have them regarding construction. Weekdays are usually 7am, weekends are usually later and in some cities prohibited all together without special permit.
Yeah, we're in Phoenix, not Kalifornistan. We can construct, deconstruct, wash cars, take a shit, do laundry, etc. without special permits or government permission. :D :D :D

adjones419
06-29-2007, 09:09 AM
6:30 is way too early?? That's news to me. I'd say around here they usually start at 7 or a little after.

Throttle
06-29-2007, 09:22 AM
not in AZ... they are tryin to get work done before the heat cranks up... dont worry though, they will be done by 1 or 2 so your afternoon kindergarden nap will not be effected...

Jordy
06-29-2007, 09:27 AM
As long as you do it between the hours of 2:30-7:00am, before it to hot to breathe. :D
Bingo. :)
Lots of the big commercial projects will start pouring concrete around 1 AM so it has time to get out of the truck before it sets up. I had a big industrial chiller on rent to one concrete batch plant and they were mixing concrete with water that was around 36* so they could run it out during the day. Things work a bit differently around here. :D

Quest4Fun
06-29-2007, 09:28 AM
When we had our pool put in several years back it was July (Hot in Havasu!) and the crew would arrive around 4:00 AM to start work. They would tell me which days they were coming and I would pre-warn my neighbors, but they all understood due to the extreme heat.

Mr. Naudio
06-29-2007, 09:29 AM
in AZ work starts first lite.

drtywhat
06-29-2007, 09:29 AM
Actually the city mandates when construction crews can work. I am on a site that the city of phoenix allows construction in the summer to begin at 6am. If there is no neighborhoods or people living buy you will see concrete companys starting at 3 am to 5am to beat the heat and get a good finish before the sun eats the concrete up. So be thankful they started at 6:30 am:eek:

Jordy
06-29-2007, 09:30 AM
I've worked construction in Phoenix. 11:30pm-8:30am. :D
Yeah, by 11:30 it's usually in the mid 90's. It was 103 at 10 PM one night last week. The residual heat is getting worse and worse as things keep getting built up around here. :notam:

AZJD
06-29-2007, 09:46 AM
Check with your HOA if you have one. Usually it is 7am and contractors will try to cheat a half hour to see if they can get away with it. So tommorow will be 6....:D

C-2
06-29-2007, 09:48 AM
The gardner and pool guy show up at 6:30 - on different days. I hate being first on their list.

76ANTHONY
06-29-2007, 09:51 AM
i think the neighbor shoulda warned you about the start time, but im sure they where just tryin ta beat the heat. go over and ask the neighbor what time they are starting tomorrow so at least you know.

Mountainstone
06-29-2007, 10:04 AM
In my neighborhood "quiet hours" are from 10PM - 7AM. I assume that is every day; dunno if weekends are special. Call your local cop shop and ask the question. Go see your neighbor and ask the construction schedule; demand one beer per minute of noise before the "official" start of noise...

AirtimeLavey
06-29-2007, 10:11 AM
6:30's too damn early. I hate inconsiderate neighbors. I'm good at inconspicuous pay back, though. :devil:

rocket98
06-29-2007, 10:31 AM
In most of the Phoenix area, construction can start 1/2 hour before sunrise and end 1/2 after sunset. That is what is stated on the construction permit. I'm starting right now at 5:00am and out of there at 1:00. So you have time to get the boat and hit the lake.:) :) :)

MudPumper
06-29-2007, 11:13 AM
Yeah, we're in Phoenix, not Kalifornistan. We can construct, deconstruct, wash cars, take a shit, do laundry, etc. without special permits or government permission. :D :D :D
Thats right.....I forgot those desert Meth Labs start production early. :D

Hotcobra270
06-29-2007, 11:17 AM
It's all good.. I got a good set of ear pluggs ready just in case..
Thanks

Throttle
06-29-2007, 12:09 PM
The gardner and pool guy show up at 6:30 - on different days. I hate being first on their list.
just be glad you are not the gardner or the pool guy... they get up earlier... but if he aint home hittin it you could be... lol
my ex is the only one that will understand that one... the plummer get out early too.:idea:

BadKachina
06-29-2007, 10:17 PM
I think I'm the first stop on the garbage route, my guy is here between 5:30 and 6:00 once a week. All the dogs bark, it wakes the whole house up. Im used to it.
When I built my detatched garage, we started at daybreak in the summer on a Saturday. I had about 10 friends come over with enough nail guns for everybody. I was out at about 4 am setting up the compressors, tools and water wating for the sun to hit so I could fire up the saws and nail guns. I figured we were only framing for a couple of Saturdays and that the neighbors could handle it. It's not like I'm doing construction here but once ever few years. If it's an everyday occurance for a period of time than I would complain, but a once in a while project, you really can't blame them.

Magic34
06-29-2007, 11:32 PM
My fockin neighbors are adding 1200 sq ft to the side of their house right now. It is the side that my master is on. Great!!!!
At first is wasn't bad because they had a flaky contractor who only showed up 1 time per week. They framed it out in 1 day and then it seemed like they never came back.
Well, my neighbor fires that guy, hires a new one, and they have been starting around 6 AM on a regualr basis. Where they are doing work is probably 30' from my bedroom window. They are building to the edge of the setback and I am close to mine as well (wide houses).
It wouldn't have bothered us all year except when they finally get started again, we have a baby and get very little sleep as it is.
The other day, the commercial dumpster was dropped in front of my house and I had enough. As I was backing my truck out to hook it up to the tow strap, the company showed back up to move it. Good thing because I was going to tow it into a park.

mmered8299
06-30-2007, 05:40 AM
Our crew would pull up to a job early and the neighbors would come out in the robes all one eyed screaming at us. I tell them to shut there trap. The improvements that we are doing on this house is going to raise the value of your home so you should thank us and quit bitching.

ratso
06-30-2007, 05:45 AM
Until you've had to work in the conditions that these people do... STFU...:D
Be glad you're even able to be in bed at all. ;)

Magic34
06-30-2007, 11:34 AM
Our crew would pull up to a job early and the neighbors would come out in the robes all one eyed screaming at us. I tell them to shut there trap. The improvements that we are doing on this house is going to raise the value of your home so you should thank us and quit bitching.
Nah, the other neighbors already have bigger, more expensive houses so I am covered there.
Do it right the first time!!!! :D