PDA

View Full Version : Slip at London Bridge Resort

HPBoats83
06-29-2007, 03:23 PM
Has anybody had any problems with keeping their boat here as far as theft and what not. I have 2 slips there for the 5-8th.

HavasuUncleLarry
06-29-2007, 03:28 PM
You should be ok.. The resort Security watches over the boats.. Always checking if anyone is on a boat to see if they belong... Buy as always caution is the work.. Don't leave stuff out in plain site...
Enjoy the Lake...
"Uncle Larry"

Baja Big Dog
06-29-2007, 03:30 PM
Done it twice, both times the stole shit, complete ice chests, stereo's, ropes, and the dont give a shit, they basicaly tell you to pound sand, this was two year ago.

RiverToysJas
06-29-2007, 03:36 PM
My cooler was stolen from my covered boat in their parking lot several years ago. It was my jet boat, not the Lavey. They had to unbuckle the tow cover though, then unstrap the cooler, and then they buckled the cover back up!!! :mad:
RTJas

HPBoats83
06-29-2007, 03:39 PM
What about the Nautical's cove. It's $70 more per night but I don't want shit stolen on my birthday weekend!
Thank you,
James

John.
06-29-2007, 04:00 PM
we stayed there just over a month ago and had zero issues. nothing stolen. security guys were pretty cool too. they helped us pull the boat in and tie up to the docks every afternoon. just make friends with them and I bet they will keep a close eye on your boat.

HPBoats83
06-29-2007, 04:05 PM
we stayed there just over a month ago and had zero issues. nothing stolen. security guys were pretty cool too. they helped us pull the boat in and tie up to the docks every afternoon. just make friends with them and I bet they will keep a close eye on your boat.
You were talking about the London Bridge Resort, right. I just want a good b-day weekend.

Havasu Doug
06-29-2007, 04:20 PM
I usually take what I can out of the boat. The slips are only guaranteed (supposedly) for overnight as they are open to the public during the day. I pulled up at night once with a permit and there were no spots open. Security said I had to wait until someone left to get a spot. :mad:

John.
06-29-2007, 04:29 PM
You were talking about the London Bridge Resort, right. I just want a good b-day weekend.
yep, London Bridge. We also asked what happens if all the slips are full and they said that they check for the slip pass. if someone doesn't have it, then they tow the boat away. as noted by someone else, gates are unlocked during the day. I think they said that they get locked around 6pm or so.
I was a little nervous about leaving the trailer unhooked from the truck, but the trailer parking area was also patrolled. we put on a tongue lock and put on wheel locks before going. had no issues with the trailer either.
all around good experience. have a good b-day. make sure to make friends with the Havasu locals. there are some great peeps down there!

OverKill
06-29-2007, 04:35 PM
OK I have a stupid question. What is a SLIP and what is it used for. Where do you get one. Just needed more info. for my notes.
Thanks
OverKill :)

OverKill
06-29-2007, 04:41 PM
ShockwaveBob
Thanks for the Info. I will remember that

smoker
06-29-2007, 05:08 PM
If this has been posted before, my apologies.
We bought a wireless motion detector for the back of the boat when we hotel it at the river or fishing in Mexico.. Most use them for monitoring their driveways or business entrances. Put it on the "fan pattern" and sat it on the floor of your boat. Someone reaches in, it goes off in your room around 1000 feet I think. The wireless transmitter and base are around $120.00. Pretty cheap considering. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

HPBoats83
06-29-2007, 06:00 PM
Thanks for the advise. Any idea where I can get that? Thanks alot for the input.
If this has been posted before, my apologies.
We bought a wireless motion detector for the back of the boat when we hotel it at the river or fishing in Mexico.. Most use them for monitoring their driveways or business entrances. Put it on the "fan pattern" and sat it on the floor of your boat. Someone reaches in, it goes off in your room around 1000 feet I think. The wireless transmitter and base are around $120.00. Pretty cheap considering. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

smoker
06-29-2007, 06:14 PM
Home Depot has one called a Reporter Motion Detector. GOOGLE "wireless driveway alert". You'll find a few there.

2Driver
06-29-2007, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the advise. Any idea where I can get that? Thanks alot for the input.
Sounds like you are going to be up all night worring either way. We stayed 5 days there in November ( My aunt has a timeshare there which she would like to give away) anyway, and had no issues but there were no people there at that time either.
For me, I didn't like the whole boat in water, trailer unhooked from your truck at night deal. There is way too much public access with the bar, bridge and channel. I tossed at night thinking about it. We only rent homes now. Cheaper, more fun and secure for the most part. Nautical has the same issues plus you have the beaching next to someone issue vs the slip.

ultra26shadow
06-29-2007, 06:32 PM
I stayed there many times with the slip and havent had any problems (knock on wood) just take out your valuables and dont leave the stereo face on the boat..

SUBPRIME
06-29-2007, 06:41 PM
stayed 3 times, no problems, take the coolers out of the boat every night and put my cockpit cover on and there were no issues

Havasu Doug
06-29-2007, 06:43 PM
Sounds like you are going to be up all night worring either way. We stayed 5 days there in November ( My aunt has a timeshare there which she would like to give away) anyway, and had no issues but there were no people there at that time either.
For me, I didn't like the whole boat in water, trailer unhooked from your truck at night deal. There is way too much public access with the bar, bridge and channel. I tossed at night thinking about it. We only rent homes now. Cheaper, more fun and secure for the most part. Nautical has the same issues plus you have the beaching next to someone issue vs the slip.
I have stayed at the London Bridge Resort many times and I have spent many nights tossing, turning, and worrying about my boat. It really pisses me off that the LBR makes you unhook your trailer. It seems to me like it's a red flag saying "come F with my boat because I am NOT nearby" as in I've driven my truck away and I'm not near. :mad: Would it kill them to allow us to keep our trailers attached? :mad:

HPBoats83
06-29-2007, 06:55 PM
The thing that got me really nervous about this in the first place was one of my friends (about 3 years ago) had a 28' SXT w/ a blower motor and they stole the carb's and got away with like 4k in stuff total. I just hate having to be up at like 6 in the morning to get the boat on the water. One day (last memorial I think) the lines were so long by about 10:00 am most of the ramps were shut down and the only place to launch was the Nautical and they charged me $100 for just one day.

John.
06-29-2007, 07:55 PM
I'm a pretty high anxiety type person. with that said, I was able to relax with my boat in the LBR slip and the trailer detached from the truck. I have a pretty nice trailer and pretty nice wheels and still felt pretty secure. just put on wheel locks or throw a cable lock between a couple of the wheels. Make it so the next guys trailer is easier to mess with than yours.
We took our cooler out and put everything away in the boat and it was good at the slips. like I said, make friends with the security staff. They are nice guys and will watch your boat closely for you all night.

BajaMike
06-29-2007, 10:32 PM
I'm a pretty high anxiety type person. with that said, I was able to relax with my boat in the LBR slip and the trailer detached from the truck. I have a pretty nice trailer and pretty nice wheels and still felt pretty secure. just put on wheel locks or throw a cable lock between a couple of the wheels. Make it so the next guys trailer is easier to mess with than yours.
We took our cooler out and put everything away in the boat and it was good at the slips. like I said, make friends with the security staff. They are nice guys and will watch your boat closely for you all night.
I've stayed at the London Bridge many times with a slip and never had a problem,thier security is pretty good. I often left everything in the boat all night (due to beging tired or drunk) and never lost anything.
Same at the cove at the Nautical....although I read of problems here but never met anyone who had things stolen. You can't reserve a spot at the Nautical, you can at LBR. I think it's nice to have your boat in the water and be on the lake....night cruises are fun.
:idea:

NdaWind
06-30-2007, 05:59 AM
I believe if you get one of the 4 big (expensive) rooms at the Nautical you do get a slip with it.

HPBoats83
06-30-2007, 07:18 AM
At the Nautical, they charge $15 per night for the lagoon and their ramp. They also said it's a first come first serve basis though as to exactly where you park in the lagoon. You may have to park down the beach a little ways.

SummerBreeze
06-30-2007, 07:36 AM
I would'nt leave anything in that spot.
Just think of the drunk punks that come out of the CoCo's bar. They might piss all over your stuff.
Put it on the trailer and cover it up and park out of that area.
Punks are every where.

mark49
06-30-2007, 10:21 PM
I just got back today staying at the resort, the #1 reason i stay there is the boat slip, it's an additional 40 bucks a night but we got the jet ski free. My mother lives in Havasu, but loading and un-loading a Campbell every is a pain in the ass. Book your rooms from Travelocity they have the best deals.
Yes they do have security that checks on the docks and at night you can only get in with a room card.
I'll be there again on July 10th for another week, you can park it next to us, i'll only steal your beer.
Mark

BLOWN SLEEK 32
07-01-2007, 08:32 AM
We stay there every week for two to seven days at a time and never had one problem except for ants (BRING RAID) and spray your ropes at the dock. Good luck!!!

HPBoats83
07-09-2007, 11:16 PM
Just got back from a great trip and I'm happy to report there were no problems, besides the ant's. Thanks for the advise everybody.

Boozer
07-10-2007, 05:44 AM
A friend of mine was working for the LBR for a long time and as a benefit he got to keep my boat slipped there for a few months. In 3 months of sitting in the slip it was not messed with a single time. Life jackets, paddle, throwable, and a couple other small things were the only things left in the boat so there was really nothing of significant value that could be stolen.

Not So Fast
07-10-2007, 06:09 AM
Just got back from a great trip and I'm happy to report there were no problems, besides the ant's. Thanks for the advise everybody.
Check out the bottom of your boat for the "Havasu Dung" that accumulates rapidly and if not cleaned makes it stick more with every use. For supposedly fresh water it leaves a hard ass scum!! Shower Power works pretty well. NSF