PDA

View Full Version : wife drove the boat for the 1st time tonight

John.
06-29-2007, 08:00 PM
and she did a great job! she's going to start practicing so she can do a 'girls day out' on the boat. I'm nervous about it, but with some practice I'm sure that she'll do just fine. she made some good low speed turns dropping the trim tabs and also did some good gentle 60-70mph turns too. got all the way up to 80mph on a straight stretch. remembered to check all the guages and fluids and such. I'm proud! Next time we're talking about to moving up to taking the boat off the trailer. :D :) :D :sqeyes: :sqeyes: :sqeyes:

Napanutt
06-29-2007, 08:16 PM
Can she back the trailer,consistently,thats our biggest issue ...my better half can't back...(take the good with the bad)...:D

Devil's Advocate
06-29-2007, 08:18 PM
and she did a great job! she's going to start practicing so she can do a 'girls day out' on the boat. I'm nervous about it, but with some practice I'm sure that she'll do just fine. she made some good low speed turns dropping the trim tabs and also did some good gentle 60-70mph turns too. got all the way up to 80mph on a straight stretch. remembered to check all the guages and fluids and such. I'm proud! Next time we're talking about to moving up to taking the boat off the trailer. :D :) :D :sqeyes: :sqeyes: :sqeyes:
Well if taking the boat on and off the trailer is the hard part, then I'm going to have to try my hand at driving the damn thing since I already launch it.:D Good for her.:)

YeLLowBoaT
06-29-2007, 08:22 PM
let me know when she is going to be doing this... so I can stay off the lake... :D

Devil's Advocate
06-29-2007, 08:25 PM
let me know when she is going to be doing this... so I can stay off the lake... :D
I don't think Havasu is big enough for me to practice driving...:D

YeLLowBoaT
06-29-2007, 08:30 PM
I don't think Havasu is big enough for me to practice driving...:D
Folsom lake is just a little bit smaller then havasu...

pw_Tony
06-29-2007, 08:31 PM
Grew up putting a Jet Boat with no skeg on a trailer since a kid.... since then every boats been with ease:D
Next thing is she's gonna wanna take it out for Girls trip :D

Devil's Advocate
06-29-2007, 08:31 PM
Folsom lake is just a little bit smaller then havasu...
Hmmm...maybe Lake Superior, that should be enough room for me.:D

YeLLowBoaT
06-29-2007, 08:34 PM
Hmmm...maybe Lake Superior, that should be enough room for me.:D
lake pacific, just keep the bow pointed west :)
Actaully, its the idiots you have to watch out for. If you keep scaning and avoid the idiots like the plague, you will be fine.

riverbound
06-29-2007, 08:39 PM
Going straight and doing some turns is the easy part even getting it up to 80 in a straight, anyone could do. I would make sure she get the boat ON the trailer getting it off the trailer is easy.
Also being abe to dock is VERY important.
Being able to read water conditions
there are so many things......I guess thats why my ex just let me drive all the time :idea:

John.
06-29-2007, 09:01 PM
wife is already excellent at backing the truck and trailer. I agree that getting the boat on the trailer and docking are the hardest. we're going to work on those next. baby steps...for her and for me. :D
she also did very good with reading the water conditions. was a little nervous as the water got a little rough, but stayed in it and did well.

Daytona100
06-29-2007, 09:50 PM
Congrats to your wife. Boat looks great on the water from your pic!!!!!! Some stupid but easy rules that work. Never approach anything at a speed that your willing to collide with it. When things seem out of hand just turn it off and regroup and when trailering just remember slow and easy. Works for me. Mike:D

Jordy
06-29-2007, 10:03 PM
Good for her. Just remember if anything goes wrong, sue someone who has nothing to do with it. Seems to be the John's Period way. :notam:
When things seem out of hand just turn it off and regroup
Not to nitpick this, but it seems to me that turning it off would be a bad plan, especially in the case of heading towards someone/thing, where power-steering and/or reverse/forward to keep from hitting them/it could come in handy. Just my $0.02 on it though.
I guess whatever works for you, even if it is apparently just closing your eyes/sticking your head in the sand. :notam:

djunkie
06-29-2007, 10:06 PM
Even if my g/f promised me a BJ 3 times a day for a month I still wouldn't let her take the boat out with out me. :rolleyes:

Jordy
06-29-2007, 10:08 PM
Even if my g/f promised me a BJ 3 times a day for a month I still wouldn't let her take the boat out with out me. :rolleyes:
You obviously don't have anyone to sue, or a cocksucker of a "friend" like Greg Lennon aka Grads to cheerlead your bullshit lawsuit for you though... :D :D :D

djunkie
06-29-2007, 10:10 PM
You obviously don't have anyone to sue, or a cocksucker of a "friend" like Greg Lennon aka Grads to cheerlead your bullshit lawsuit for you though... :D :D :D
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :D

riverbound
06-29-2007, 10:10 PM
Good for her. Just remember if anything goes wrong, sue someone who has nothing to do with it. Seems to be the John's Period way. :notam:
Not to nitpick this, but it seems to me that turning it off would be a bad plan, especially in the case of heading towards someone/thing, where power-steering and/or reverse/forward to keep from hitting them/it could come in handy. Just my $0.02 on it though.
I guess whatever works for you, even if it is apparently just closing your eyes/sticking your head in the sand. :notam:
LOL....on the first part
And I thought the same thing about the second part.

BajaMike
06-29-2007, 10:15 PM
Your boat looks great in that picture......letting a girl drive a boat who doesn't usually drive a boat is a real panty-dropper....they love it!
Aside from launching and retrieving the boat, it's important to teach them how to dock, it's very simple but takes some practice and some confidence.
It's scary thinking about turning your women loose with your boat and truck.....:eek:

Daytona100
06-29-2007, 10:31 PM
More of a low speed docking maneuvering thing. Dude can,t you give it a rest on other issues not related to this thread or are you going to be like a BITCH and keep bringing shit up forever and ever!!!!!!!!!!
Mike

riverbound
06-29-2007, 10:35 PM
More of a low speed docking maneuvering thing. Dude can,t you give it a rest on other issues not related to this thread or are you going to be like a BITCH and keep bringing shit up forever and ever!!!!!!!!!!
Mike
So if you were coming into the dock and things werent going right....your advice would be kill the motor???
You mean leavethe other issues outt like Ultra John did in all those other threads???:idea:

Jordy
06-29-2007, 10:36 PM
More of a low speed docking maneuvering thing.
Either way, cutting power and losing power-steering/reverse/forward is just a dumb idea. Then again, it's not my boat.
Dude can,t you give it a rest on other issues not related to this thread or are you going to be like a BITCH and keep bringing shit up forever and ever!!!!!!!!!!
Mike
I sure can give it a rest. Just as soon as he and his little cocksucker buddy Greg want to come on here and issue apologies for being little bitches with all their little remarks about the big hush-hush lawsuits. Gee, how do I get the ULTRA stitching out of the seats, how do I get the ULTRA off the trailer.... They sure did talk alot of shit, take shots at me, and then pull the big pussy move of deleting a bunch of their shit talking posts when called to the carpet on it. Phuck both of those little pussies.
Do you have a dog in this fight??? I know I was called into it, so yes I do. Calling me a little bitch really isn't going to make be back down when dealing with these two little cocksucking homos... Wait, are you John's daddy or something??? Sure seems as though he always has a bunch of people sticking up for his hummingbird ass once his crocodile mouth overrides it (which never takes long)... :notam:
I really need to find that post that hit the nail on the head. It was the one about John's Period being a dork and finding a boat with "F UCKER" all over it and going in over his head/budget to try and look cool. Give me a minute and I'm sure I can find it.

Jordy
06-29-2007, 10:44 PM
Wow, so I found a few of them. Mr. Nice Guy sure has a way with words...
Mrs Grads you just keep digging yourself a hole. You and your girl Ultra Jane really should leave the big kid sandbox. It's not for little ones. Ultra Jane is nothing more than a kid that was beat up in high school. Nowadays, he needs to buy his wife an enormous and ridiculous blow up rack that looks like something out of a freakshow. And buy a USED BOAT owned by an infamous character. He blows up a couple outdrives, grenades a motor and now decides it is time for some retribution. Then his buddy Grads runs his pie hole every chance he gets about the lawsuit. YOU my friend are a DOUCHE BAG! That seems to be the label used by all that have posted. Check yourselves!
You should go back to Hummer John it suits you better. Why would Ultra or any other company want a pasty white dork like you representing them. It is pretty sad that you had to buy the wife a new rack so her tits would be bigger than yours. I think I know why you hang out at pasty cove now:)

BajaMike
06-29-2007, 10:47 PM
Either way, cutting power and losing power-steering/reverse/forward is just a dumb idea. Then again, it's not my boat.
Cutting power, especially on a jet boat, is always a great solution when you get in a tight situation......:idea:

Jordy
06-29-2007, 10:52 PM
Cutting power, especially on a jet boat, is always a great solution when you get in a tight situation......:idea:
Yeah, works great with Jet Skis too!!! When in doubt, just cut the throttle, kill the engine, and then try to turn... :idea:
You know, short of a drag boat, or a v-drive with just an in and out box, cutting the power has just gotta be some of the worst advice I've ever heard, especially when talking about a good sized 27' ULTRA cat with an I/O. Nothing like going dead-stick when you're in trouble. :notam:

riverbound
06-29-2007, 10:54 PM
Yeah, works great with Jet Skis too!!! When in doubt, just cut the throttle, kill the engine, and then try to turn... :idea:
You know, short of a drag boat, or a v-drive with just an in and out box, cutting the power has just gotta be some of the worst advice I've ever heard, especially when talking about a good sized 27' ULTRA cat with an I/O. Nothing like going dead-stick when you're in trouble. :notam:
I guess he could have given the advice to stab the throttle when in trouble.:rolleyes:

Daytona100
06-29-2007, 10:54 PM
Just passing along some tips that were giving to me when I first started boating, You see people around the docks panicking forward reverse to much gas etc. Boats slow down real fast when not under power come to a slow crawl just what you need when around solid objects. And no I don,t have a dog in your fight really don,t give a shit. Who cares how much he spent or how big a rock he bought. Does,nt affect me in any way. Have a nice day. Mike:D

Jordy
06-29-2007, 11:05 PM
Just passing along some tips that were giving to me when I first started boating,
Then I'd find someone else to get tips from...
You see people around the docks panicking forward reverse to much gas etc.
So you tell them to stay out of gear, off the throttle, and don't go at anything around the docks any faster than you're willing to BUMP them at. Notice I said BUMP, not hit. Killing the power won't help you with any of that.
Boats slow down real fast when not under power come to a slow crawl just what you need when around solid objects.
Sure, in a perfect world, with no other boats, no wind, no current... in the real world, you're better off with an engine running so you at least have power steering and can go in and out of gear as need be. But hey, that's just my thoughts.
And no I don,t have a dog in your fight
Really??? Why not scroll back up to the part where you asked if i was going to keep acting like a "bitch" about things not related to this thread, then we'll talk. John's Period has run his mouth enough around here, in tandem with his little gay buddy Greg, to the point that they should both just STFU and go away. Mr. Lennon has somewhat gotten the point. Seems as though John's Period needs to be taught to heel just a little more.
really don,t give a shit. Who cares how much he spent or how big a rock he bought. Does,nt affect me in any way. Have a nice day. Mike:D
You made a point of calling me out, after giving your bad advice. Have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to rocks. Don't care what he spent. He acknowleged that he bought a used performance boat AS IS with NO WARRANTY, then a few months later blew it up and now he's trying to sue, after he and Greggie came on here like little high school bitches and ran their mouths, then deleted their posts. Big pussies.
Hell, Mr. Lennon was running this as his avatar for a while:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34087&stc=1&d=1183187004
I still sincerely hope that they both get countersued and have their asses handed to them for the bullshit they've pulled on here. But then again, that's just my opinion on it. Must have struck a chord as right after the first time I suggested it, posts started disappearing. Too bad that the posts don't go away after you've been quoted, not to mention, I'm sure that there are full transcripts of the threads before they were edited. Seems as though they're really not all that smart afterall.

BajaMike
06-29-2007, 11:06 PM
The term "dead in the water" is just what it sounds like....not a good idea. A boat is a lot like an airplane, you want to have water flowing over your control surfaces or you are screwed.....no control!
:eek:

Pheelin Phroggy
06-30-2007, 05:22 AM
Sooo.. back to the thread for a second, as I still need to get my post count up to be taken seriously around here.
My lady handles everything but backing the trailer in the water, she puts the boat on and off, docks it, pulls it, runs it at 60 over 3-4 ft rollers... and as much as it hurts to say, is probably better then me at it (except for the fast stuff of course). She has patience!
And when alot of pecker heads get in the way at the launch ramp... a little blond piloting a 28 ft boat screaming "watch out, I've never done this before" has amazing results at clearing a launch ramp area!

Parker Dreamin
06-30-2007, 05:28 AM
so how about some pics ?

tntperformance
06-30-2007, 05:29 AM
Sooo.. back to the thread for a second, as I still need to get my post count up to be taken seriously around here.
My lady handles everything but backing the trailer in the water, she puts the boat on and off, docks it, pulls it, runs it at 60 over 3-4 ft rollers... and as much as it hurts to say, is probably better then me at it (except for the fast stuff of course). She has patience!
And when alot of peckers heads get in the way at the launch ramp... a little blond piloting a 28 ft boat screaming "watch out, I've never done this before" has amazing results at clearing a launch ramp area!
Now that's funny shiat right there!!!:) :D

NdaWind
06-30-2007, 05:39 AM
And when alot of pecker heads get in the way at the launch ramp... a little blond piloting a 28 ft boat screaming "watch out, I've never done this before" has amazing results at clearing a launch ramp area!
And when she starts yelling in German everyone gets off the docks too. Some have even let him go ahead of them in line at the launch ramp. Thats his real secret for getting off the water quick.

Havasu Hangin'
06-30-2007, 05:48 AM
so how about some pics ?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/DSC01715_2_.JPG

thatguy
06-30-2007, 06:13 AM
I don't own any big boats like your's, but I do have a 19' Jet and an 18' V-Drive. My wife drives them just fine, once they are on the water. Can hardly get her out of the driver seats. I have to wait until she jumps in the water to get my turn. The saving grace is that she CAN NOT back up the trailer without jack knifing. Just can't do it. Thats OK since I work away from home. Never have to worry about any solo trips while I am gone. She also doesn't know how to hook up the trailers, and I make sure she is not around when I do it!
As far as docking, with us it is not a concern since most every dock is avoided. She just idles toward shore, then kills it and we get out in knee deep water. I can not imagine what would happen if she tried docking a boat like yours! God bless her! :D :eek:
Tommy

lalhc
06-30-2007, 07:20 AM
LMFAO
My wife FINALLY backed up the trailer for the first time this week. You'd think she won the Lotto. Anyways, I was proud of her. It get's tough at times doing everything yourself, and I am looking forward to the extra help at the launch ramp this year :D

Dribble
06-30-2007, 07:21 AM
Irrespective of the alleged suit and and whatever other BS that went down, it would appear that John. is taking the high road in this thread.

Jordy
06-30-2007, 07:49 AM
it would appear that John. is taking the high road in this thread.
Too bad it's a little late for that, without the aforementioned apologies that are due a few people on the board. Just acting like nothing happened doesn't prove John's Period is taking any kind of high road. Just shows him to be the chicken shit he's proven himself to be by going back and deleting his posts. :notam:

Pheelin Phroggy
06-30-2007, 08:24 AM
Too bad it's a little late for that, without the aforementioned apologies that are due a few people on the board. Just acting like nothing happened doesn't prove John's Period is taking any kind of high road. Just shows him to be the chicken shit he's proven himself to be by going back and deleting his posts. :notam:
I dont want to sound rude or nothing.. and since I dont know either of you... I honestly don't give a shiat who did what, but I thought this thread was about giving wives credit for there accomplishments in the "boating world" (which are very far and few between on the boards), how about we keep it for the ladies accomplishments and I will start a "beat each other up thread" for the other stuff.

Jordy
06-30-2007, 08:35 AM
how about we keep it for the ladies accomplishments and I will start a "beat each other up thread" for the other stuff.
That's a really great idea. Start a new thread to beat each other up in, and keep this one going, since it's already been hijacked. :idea: :D
Hey, I know, how about starting a new thread about the ladies accomplishments and just let this thread die??? Wouldn't that make a little more sense??? :D :D :D
I really don't care either way. John's Period and his buddy Greggie have proven themselves to be spineless pussies repeatedly so starting another thread really won't change that. :D

squirt'nmyload
06-30-2007, 08:45 AM
just passing through...thank god for pleasant harbor marina wireless internet:D :D :D

squirt'nmyload
06-30-2007, 08:48 AM
oh and jordy it was 63 in the moho this morning....i fixed it :D :D

Havasu Hangin'
06-30-2007, 08:52 AM
oh and jordy it was 63 in the moho this morning....i fixed it :D :D
They have this new invention....maybe you've heard of it? It's called a "telephone".
Do they have those in Arizona, yet?
:notam:

squirt'nmyload
06-30-2007, 08:59 AM
They have this new invention....maybe you've heard of it? It's called a "telephone".
:D :D

Jordy
06-30-2007, 09:04 AM
I think he traded his phone for wireless internet and A/C in the coach. I got a text message pic this morning, a comment on myspace, a post in a thread... I think they're just happy because last time it was like 97 degrees in the coach. :D

raff
06-30-2007, 09:25 AM
Good for her, but who really cares. I guess I should have come on here and did this ten years a go when my wife first drove the boat. LOL
how long have you guys been boating?:idea: and she just now drove the boat for the first time, WOW.:confused:
Now this is what my wife can do or does, ;)
She can take the boat on and off the trailer, Pick me up at the dock or on the beach. she can dock the boat or undock the boat by herself.
She can driver the boat(wot) and under stands what the trim does, she can take the boat out when I'm not around.:eek:
Well good for you guys keep up the good work and you will make a good team sooner or later, that way you can go out and not have to take your Buddy's with you all the time.

thatguy
06-30-2007, 09:30 AM
You know, I was looking forward to reading other boaters experiences and progress with the wives and girfriends driving the boats. That is a big part of many of our boating trips. Well, I see that is shot straight to hell.
Thanks to all you gender challenged thread jackers for totally focking up a meaningful topic. Can't you just text your gay shat? You seem like you all probably have pink razor phones with unlimited texting.
Tommy

ratso
06-30-2007, 10:03 AM
You know, I was looking forward to reading other boaters experiences and progress with the wives and girfriends driving the boats. That is a big part of many of our boating trips. Well, I see that is shot straight to hell.
Thanks to all you gender challenged thread jackers for totally focking up a meaningful topic. Can't you just text your gay shat? You seem like you all probably have pink razor phones with unlimited texting.
Tommy
lol...:D

djunkie
06-30-2007, 10:06 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/DSC01715_2_.JPG
:D :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34109&stc=1&d=1183226733

John.
06-30-2007, 10:15 AM
so how about some pics ?
we didn't take the camera with us this time. will work on snapping a few pics of Ericka driving next time.
she's always done an awesome job at towing and backing the trailer. She also did good with driving the last boat, which was a v-hull. she just hadn't driven this boat yet since we got it. We still have lots more things to practice, but she really did do a great job. I was impressed.

Baja Big Dog
06-30-2007, 11:20 AM
Good for her, but who really cares. I guess I should have come on here and did this ten years a go when my wife first drove the boat. LOL
how long have you guys been boating?:idea: and she just now drove the boat for the first time, WOW.:confused:
Now this is what my wife can do or does, ;)
She can take the boat on and off the trailer, Pick me up at the dock or on the beach. she can dock the boat or undock the boat by herself.
She can driver the boat(wot) and under stands what the trim does, she can take the boat out when I'm not around.:eek:
Well good for you guys keep up the good work and you will make a good team sooner or later, that way you can go out and not have to take your Buddy's with you all the time.
I think you may be showing your age, (don't know how old you are), 30 years ago I think it was UN common for the spouse not to do the above.
Mine used to drive my drunk ass to the docks, get the truck, land the boat and drive my passed out ass home!!!m I didn't know many bro's spouse's that couldn't do the above. It sure makes life a lot easier when they can help, it is normally a "throw them in the water and make them swim" things.

Parker Dreamin
06-30-2007, 12:16 PM
we didn't take the camera with us this time. will work on snapping a few pics of Ericka driving next time.
she's always done an awesome job at towing and backing the trailer. She also did good with driving the last boat, which was a v-hull. she just hadn't driven this boat yet since we got it. We still have lots more things to practice, but she really did do a great job. I was impressed.
Good deal bud. I bet it is exciting for you.

Dribble
06-30-2007, 03:45 PM
Yeah but can she do this.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1234.JPG

RUCAV
07-01-2007, 07:47 PM
My wife has been boating now for 3 years. It was either learn one of the two tasks, drive the boat or back the trailer, or have a fight when I had to do both. She is an awesome at getting the boat on the trailer first try. She used to have to do it at Windsor on busy weekends with knuckleheads around, but now at Havasu Springs, its a breeze. Good Training!