PDA

View Full Version : Sand Bar Closing for the week?

HavaSkank
06-30-2007, 07:15 AM
I was at the Sand Bar yesterday and heard a rumor it will be closed starting today through next Sunday. Anyone have the official 411 on this?

Blown 472
06-30-2007, 07:24 AM
What did you do????

RitcheyRch
06-30-2007, 07:27 AM
Dont they always close it for the holidays

MBlaster
06-30-2007, 07:27 AM
When we were there last week it was under 2 feet of water.

HavaSkank
06-30-2007, 07:31 AM
What did you do????
He LOOKED older than 18.

Baja Big Dog
06-30-2007, 07:31 AM
Thank God, a whole week of no women showing their tits, guys giving away beads for women to perform sex acts on each other, excessive alcohol cuncumpsion and alot of people having fun enjoying the river......
Maybe they will open it up on sunday for bible services!!!

HavaSkank
06-30-2007, 07:38 AM
Looks like I'll have to go South on the lake today and earn my beads in Steamboat

Havasu1986
06-30-2007, 07:39 AM
Looks like I'll have to go South on the lake today and earn my beads in Steamboat
Are you going to the dedication 1st. There having Coors Lite for lunch. :D

Glamasu
06-30-2007, 07:55 AM
Yes that is correct....Happens every big holiday weekend....There will be the secondary sandbar....this area not as big as the "sandbar" everyone refers too but heading up river from havasu you won't miss it.
Steamboat usually takes the place of the sandbar on the holiday weeknds

HavaSkank
06-30-2007, 08:30 AM
Are you going to the dedication 1st. There having Coors Lite for lunch. :D
The dedication is at 2:00? I need to re-read those threads for the details. Im not certain if it's the lighthouse in Thompson's near the swimming beach or the one at the North end of the Channel

Havasu1986
06-30-2007, 08:36 AM
The dedication is at 2:00? I need to re-read those threads for the details. Im not certain if it's the lighthouse in Thompson's near the swimming beach or the one at the North end of the Channel
Thats the one. :)

Baja Big Dog
06-30-2007, 09:23 AM
Yes that is correct....Happens every big holiday weekend....There will be the secondary sandbar....this area not as big as the "sandbar" everyone refers too but heading up river from havasu you won't miss it.
Steamboat usually takes the place of the sandbar on the holiday weeknds
Its never been closed for a week...including both weekends I wonder?

Baja Big Dog
06-30-2007, 10:54 AM
Let me take a stab in the dark and say it's because the 4th is on Wednesday. I'm just spit balling here.
The 4th was on a Tuesday last year, did they close it all week?:confused:

STV_Keith
07-02-2007, 08:21 AM
It was open both days this past weekend.

WYRD
07-02-2007, 08:23 AM
I'm just spit balling here.
:D :D

Mrs.Racer277
07-02-2007, 08:36 AM
It was open yesterday :D

Not So Fast
07-02-2007, 10:20 AM
Well dont call the Mohave Sheriff sub station like I just did, conversation went like this
I was wondering if you could tell me if the sandbar is going to be closed for the holiday?
No I cant?
Well how could I find out?
I dont know!
So in other words no one is there that can give me this info and you have no way of finding this info either?
Correct:confused: :confused:
How can I find out? Shall I call back later or call Kingman?? Will somebody be there later today to answer my question?
Probably :idea:
Thank you very much, Good bye:eek: :eek: :eek:
Called SBSO and they told me it's not closed and unless something happens on the 4th (trouble) that it will not be closed. Thank you SBSO and its not even their office (agency) that closes it. :D NSF........................................ PS I'm about as pro cop as you can be but sometimes*&**&^%$???????

uLtRADeNniS
07-02-2007, 11:22 AM
Thank God, a whole week of no women showing their tits, guys giving away beads for women to perform sex acts on each other, excessive alcohol cuncumpsion and alot of people having fun enjoying the river......
LMFAO!!!:D
God I cant wait to get up there. Id be up there now but, My girl was called into work tomorrow am.. So I wont be on the road til tomorrow afternoon.:(
So Im just sitting home enjoying not being at work...Maybe I'll go hit the gym to kill time:idea: :D

uLtRADeNniS
07-02-2007, 11:23 AM
God I cant wait to get up there. Id be up there now but, My girl was called into work tomorrow am.. So I wont be on the road til tomorrow afternoon.:(
So Im just sitting home enjoying not being at work...Maybe I'll go hit the gym to kill time:idea: :D
Pretty cool just got 2 random checks in the mail that I wasn't expecting. Some last minute river spending money I guess.

acatitude
07-02-2007, 11:46 AM
was open on saturday:D

Baja Big Dog
07-02-2007, 11:55 AM
Pretty cool just got 2 random checks in the mail that I wasn't expecting. Some last minute river spending money I guess.
Beer is on Dennis!!!!
Dumbshit...dont ever tell us you got "free" money, you wont know how many friends you will have!!:D
Tell you what, meet me a Pinnacle Peaks, and I ll tell you all about it!!!:D Be advised, I was just diagnosed with a mild case of alligator arms, so you will have to pick up the tab...,BRO!:)

KLEPTOW
07-02-2007, 12:18 PM
Well dont call the Mohave Sheriff sub station like I just did, conversation went like this
I was wondering if you could tell me if the sandbar is going to be closed for the holiday?
No I cant?
Well how could I find out?
I dont know!
So in other words no one is there that can give me this info and you have no way of finding this info either?
Correct:confused: :confused:
How can I find out? Shall I call back later or call Kingman?? Will somebody be there later today to answer my question?
Probably :idea:
Thank you very much, Good bye:eek: :eek: :eek:
Called SBSO and they told me it's not closed and unless something happens on the 4th (trouble) that it will not be closed. Thank you SBSO and its not even their office (agency) that closes it. :D NSF........................................ PS I'm about as pro cop as you can be but sometimes*&**&^%$???????
I've watched SBSO head out to place the bouy's every year since they have been closing the SandBar..................they use one of there toon boats from the Landing.

Not So Fast
07-02-2007, 01:31 PM
I've watched SBSO head out to place the bouy's every year since they have been closing the SandBar..................they use one of there toon boats from the Landing.
I'll have to ask about that, I know SBSO does Copper Canyon but was under the impression that Mohave controlled the Sandbar although they both have jurisdiction, anywhere as far as that goes I believe. NSF

Havasu1986
07-02-2007, 01:35 PM
I'll have to ask about that, I know SBSO does Copper Canyon but was under the impression that Mohave controlled the Sandbar although they both have jurisdiction, anywhere as far as that goes I believe. NSF
I was talking to a SBSO at Park Moabi and he said that are in charge of the sandbar because Mohave didn't have the resources or manpower like they do. Don't know how true it is though.

uLtRADeNniS
07-02-2007, 01:57 PM
Beer is on Dennis!!!!
Dumbshit...dont ever tell us you got "free" money, you wont know how many friends you will have!!:D
Tell you what, meet me a Pinnacle Peaks, and I ll tell you all about it!!!:D Be advised, I was just diagnosed with a mild case of alligator arms, so you will have to pick up the tab...,BRO!:)
LMAO!...Yah i guess that was dumb.:D :D
Pinnacle Petes sounds great right now...:idea:

Not So Fast
07-02-2007, 02:23 PM
I was talking to a SBSO at Park Moabi and he said that are in charge of the sandbar because Mohave didn't have the resources or manpower like they do. Don't know how true it is though.
Could be, things change!! At least I got an answer from SBSO unlike the Mohave station. :D NSF