PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Las Vegas with a 22' Cole

Creator
07-01-2007, 03:23 PM
I am getting ready to buy a boat and torn between 2. My husband checked out a 22' Cole today but I have not seen it first hand and am trying to get an idea of size, but pictures just don't show that very well. I live in Vegas and am looking for someone in or near Las Vegas that has a 22 foot Cole that I can take a quick look at to see how big the boat is first hand. Send me an email at Teri7513@msn.com if you have one I can see. Thanks!

clownpuncher
07-01-2007, 04:00 PM
I'm thinking it's roughly 1 foot bigger than a 21 footer:D :D

Creator
07-01-2007, 04:04 PM
If only all boat manufacturers went by the same size scale. According to my husband the 22 foot cole is actually smaller than his old 21' Lavey and in looking at boats I keep noticing that 22' does not always mean 22'.

Pheelin Phroggy
07-01-2007, 04:33 PM
or a 19' with a 3' swimstep

Outnumbered
07-01-2007, 07:25 PM
You guys are a lot of help:)

brianwhiteboy
07-01-2007, 07:43 PM
I don't know if this helps...but I have a 20' 6" Cole Super Sport and it has plenty of room for me and the family. You can easily get 6 adults in it and if you needed to you could get up to 9. My dad has a 21' Ultra and I think my boat is way more comfortable....especially to drive. :)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/DSC01924.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/DSC01923.jpg

Creator
07-01-2007, 09:12 PM
Nice boat. Thanks for the pictures. Trying to get an idea of room, do you by chance have any pictures of your boat with people in it? Your description helps a lot too. Have you ever taken your boat out on Lake Mead? That is where I do most of my boating.

XtrmWakeborder
07-01-2007, 09:40 PM
If only all boat manufacturers went by the same size scale. According to my husband the 22 foot cole is actually smaller than his old 21' Lavey and in looking at boats I keep noticing that 22' does not always mean 22'.
The 21' Lavey is a really big boat for a 21. I don't think the 22' cole is going to be even close to the size of that Lavey.

eliminatedsprinter
07-02-2007, 08:48 AM
Cole usually measured their boats from bow tip to the transom. They did not have Euro swim platforms (except on their newer 25 ft model) that artificially added to their length, thus the lengths they listed them at were pretty accurate. They had more than one 22 ft hull. They had the lower profile "Hawk" models and they had the, higher freeboard, Skiers. They are all awsome performing hulls that are among the smoothest riding and efficient hulls in their size class.

brianwhiteboy
07-02-2007, 01:59 PM
Nice boat. Thanks for the pictures. Trying to get an idea of room, do you by chance have any pictures of your boat with people in it? Your description helps a lot too. Have you ever taken your boat out on Lake Mead? That is where I do most of my boating.
I've never taken it out to Mead...usually Blythe. Also I don't have any pictures right now with people in it...sorry!
You can't go wrong with Cole boats. They are extremely well built, handle well, and definitely hold their value. I'm very lucky to have gotten this boat (even though we couldn't afford it!) but I couldn't pass it up!
Good luck! :2purples:

eliminatedsprinter
07-02-2007, 02:05 PM
Keep in mind his boat is a 20.06. The Cole 22s have more room and are even better in the ruff stuff. I have seen the 20.05 and the 22s (Night Hawk and Skier models) and they are all fantastic boats...
However, I am biased, the Cole Night Hawk is my favorite V hulled boat, in any size.:D

scoobydoo7513
07-02-2007, 04:25 PM
Thanks everyone for your help. I decided to go ahead and buy the boat. ;) C ya out on the water.