PDA

View Full Version : Business in China, we are close

Magic34
07-01-2007, 11:20 PM
Not importing something but exporting our products there. Finally going the other way by sending some US good to that part of the world for a change.
This deal came up and because I had a new baby, I sent my younger brother and his wife. I figured it would be a 2nd honeymoon since they just got married in May.
So, the Chinese culture is crazy. The "4 star" hotel is a bigger dump than Motel 6. Everything is super formal and the other night at dinner, he sits next to the main business guy we are working with, they flop a fish on the table. The guy takes his chopsticks and pulls the eyeball out and drops it on my brother's plate.
Now, in China, if someone gives you something you accept or it sows major disrespect. My brother is very picky about food, but for the good of the company, he ate the focken eyeball. Hahahahahahaha. :D
Last night, he had to eat duck tounge. :D They are both sick now over there and have lost a ton of weight due to the lacking of eating. Cant they just eat rice, WTF? hell, maybe I should have gone and came back skinny.:idea:
I am laughing my a$$ off and feeling bad at the same time. All I can say is he better come home with that check!!!!!! :D

Jordy
07-01-2007, 11:23 PM
I am laughing my a$$ off and feeling bad at the same time.
You're so full of shit on the feeling bad part. Hell, I'm a big brother and that's the kind of stuff that big brothers do to little brothers. It's a character builder right??? :D :D :D

riverbound
07-01-2007, 11:31 PM
I would have done the same to my brother. :D

Magic34
07-01-2007, 11:38 PM
Ok, ok.... I dont feel bad. I am laughing my a$$ off every phone call.
I would have said screw it and left for home. I would not have put that crap on my plate, let alone in my mouth.
We are already set up in about 25 other countries, so I would have let China go if the food had to come with it.
What's great is I am going to take the trip to Australia and let him keep China. :D Being the boss is the frickin best somtimes!!!!!:D :D

GRUNION
07-02-2007, 06:27 AM
What do you sell magic34?

Steamin' Rice
07-02-2007, 08:03 AM
haha - The food in china is nothing like PF Chang's!! Did they have any 1000 yr old eggs?? Hopefully your bro had some beers to chase the food down.

cdog
07-02-2007, 08:14 AM
My wife goes for her biz. She's been to Hong Kong twice. She stayed in a real nice place but only ate at the hotel’s American restaurant and starbucks.
There culture is a little strange. She was looking for injection molding manufactures at a trade show. All of them were real proud of their dildos and vibrators. Strange to see a bunch of very conservative suit wearing short Chinese people showing off their manufacturing ability with sex toys.
:eek:

BADBLOWN572
07-02-2007, 09:04 AM
Thailand was just as bad. There were times when I didn't eat because you could never tell what was on the menu. If you got lucky, all that it would say is "beef" or "pork" on the menu. It leaves a lot open for interpretation. Most of the time, there was no pictures and no english. :(
The higher class hotels really vary. We stayed at one place that made a very nice suite, in the US, look like a pile of junk. It came with your own personal cook (which I loved), a butler, and a driver. It was around $300us per night. Their other 4 and 5 star hotels had bugs, non working AC units, etc... It is really just luck and experience on what you are going to get.

Magic34
07-02-2007, 09:18 AM
haha - The food in china is nothing like PF Chang's!! Did they have any 1000 yr old eggs?? Hopefully your bro had some beers to chase the food down.
He doesn't drink. I told him to start.
He isn't in Hong Kong, he is going somewhere else as well as meeting with some big wigs from Mongolia.

Magic34
07-02-2007, 09:19 AM
What do you sell magic34?
Dri Wash 'n Guard Waterless Car Wash

Magic34
07-02-2007, 02:28 PM
Hahaha.. He pulled the sick card today to take a break from it. However, he and his wife really are sick.