PDA

View Full Version : Harley Davidson - Live by it......

RiverToysJas
07-02-2007, 07:42 AM
Pretty sweet video.... (http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2789685)
RTJas :D

Caljamr
07-02-2007, 07:53 AM
Makes me want to go for a ride even though it's going to be 113 in Vegas today. :mad:

Kim Hanson
07-02-2007, 09:30 AM
Makes me want a Harley.............( . )( . )................:cool: :cool:

07-02-2007, 09:40 AM
i am taking tomorrow off now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAHotRodBoy
07-02-2007, 09:45 AM
Makes me want to go for a ride even though it's going to be 113 in Vegas today. :mad:
I hear ya! I got a free day today and would love to go for a ride but it's already over 100 and getting hotter. I got two Harleys sitting in the garage collecting dust and I guess they'll stay there until October or so. :(

mobldj
07-02-2007, 10:07 AM
speaking of harleys just read in the paper sales are down 11 per cent,which said they are making more than they can sell so prices will drop.if you like huge roto tillers....(just kidding,some of my best friends ride harleys):D

cola
07-02-2007, 11:45 AM
I just came back Sat. from a week ride to Oregon & down the coast. I would have to say I feel pretty good. Now let's stick it to the man.:D
Mike
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/0152.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/040.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/0241.JPG

SummerBreeze
07-02-2007, 12:49 PM
brotherhood

Baja Big Dog
07-02-2007, 01:03 PM
speaking of harleys just read in the paper sales are down 11 per cent,which said they are making more than they can sell so prices will drop.if you like huge roto tillers....(just kidding,some of my best friends ride harleys):D
The fad is dead....notice the Harley commericals on TV?

mdunn01
07-02-2007, 01:50 PM
I am a motorcycle owner, I am into vintage bikes from 1930-1945, anyway...I am sure I wont make any friends with this statement BUT " harleys are like cell phones, everyone has one"
Mike

RiverToysJas
07-02-2007, 02:04 PM
The fad is dead....
Great, now we just need Havasu to fall out of fad and we'll all be good. ;)

cola
07-02-2007, 05:28 PM
I've owned Harleys since 1980 when they were owned by AMF and far from a fashion statment.

mdunn01
07-02-2007, 05:34 PM
Riding Harleys has been popular for some time now. The recent TREND in the 2000's seems to be not as strong as it was say 4 years ago. Regardless, the bandwagon riders will move on to something else and old school riders will keep riding. The custom choppers will fade away for a bit and than come back again, its a fad , its trends. I know its not what people will agree with BUT Harleys are like cell phones, everyone has one and they all look the same. I am sorry , rice rockets are the same too. Go over to England and every dick and harry has one and its nothing exciting too see one. BUT still too this day my classic 1936 will get more looks and more complements than any other bike i have ever owned.

3 daytona`s
07-02-2007, 06:38 PM
when a commercial appeared on TV the other day. Never ever used to advertise. Harley has gotten greedy demanded all their dealers to do mega remodeling buy huge inventory and then it`s their problem. I had a Harley years ago before it was the in thing. My old college roommate own Rapid City Harley Davidson near Sturgis and we laugh when the "BIKERS" put theie rides in a trailer pulled by a motorhome stop outside of the Sturgis Rally and ride in ,big bad biker the majority of bikers could not ride a couple hundred miles let alone a couple thousand miles.They will always sell but the hay day is over,they tried some years ago to limit production and cause a demand now there are so many bikes around I would hate to own one and need to sell, but same with boats.

beaverretriever
07-02-2007, 06:43 PM
Funny you say that, I had a record month and sold 36 bikes. :D

DILLIGAF
07-02-2007, 07:40 PM
I liked the video Jason. Thursday I leave to ride up to Hollister for the weekend. Looking forward to it.

CAHotRodBoy
07-02-2007, 07:58 PM
I got my 1st Harley in 1976. I kind of miss the days (pre-Evo) when you had to know how to turn a wrench to ride one, especially customs. There wasn't a custom bike shop on every corner if you rode a Harley you were a "biker". Then they went and made a reliable bike and everybody bought one.
I have a love/hate with The Motor Company. I love the product but they are greedy basterds. They have had there recent hay days and want to suck every last dollar they can. I don't think they are going anywhere and it certainly isn't doom and gloom for them. They've been around since 1903 and will be for a long time to come. Some people call them tractors but guess what? I like tractors too!:D

charlyox
07-02-2007, 08:01 PM
Riding a Harley isn't a fad ,it's a lifestyle!

Kindsvater Flat
07-02-2007, 08:28 PM
I try and ride as much as I can. Would love to hit hollister but family is up at the ranch and that only happens twice a year, now and christmas. I just switched tires from the dunlops to the avons. The ride isn't as smooth but hopefully they will last a little longer than 6000k.

mdunn01
07-03-2007, 08:14 AM
when a commercial appeared on TV the other day. Never ever used to advertise. Harley has gotten greedy demanded all their dealers to do mega remodeling buy huge inventory and then it`s their problem. I had a Harley years ago before it was the in thing. My old college roommate own Rapid City Harley Davidson near Sturgis and we laugh when the "BIKERS" put theie rides in a trailer pulled by a motorhome stop outside of the Sturgis Rally and ride in ,big bad biker the majority of bikers could not ride a couple hundred miles let alone a couple thousand miles.They will always sell but the hay day is over,they tried some years ago to limit production and cause a demand now there are so many bikes around I would hate to own one and need to sell, but same with boats.
You know I agree with you on the part about hate to own one and need to sell one. Man, its not much of an investment and well like jet boats, neither are they. But thats life.
Mike

RiverToysJas
07-03-2007, 08:19 AM
Bikes, boats, rails, rhinos, trucks......toys are toys, regardless of the cost.......With the possible exception of guns, very few other toys are also investments......no matter what you're all telling your wives. ;)

cola
07-03-2007, 08:52 AM
I liked the video Jason. Thursday I leave to ride up to Hollister for the weekend. Looking forward to it.
Tom, I was thinking of riding up on Fri. The 2400 mile ride to Oregon wasn't enough.
Mike