PDA

View Full Version : Howard 28 Bullet "Possible Sale"

TPI
02-15-2006, 08:47 PM
I am hoping this will stay in the Hot Boat Forum for a bit and not get moved somewhere else(spam). Maybe this could just be a hypothetical discussion? :)
Now that it has been moved, it is no longer hypothetical. The boat is for sale!
Lets just say I have a friend that has a 2001 Howard 28 Bullet fully loaded with 2001 options on a triple axle trailer with an HP500 and approx 80 hours. If he was ever to sell it, I think he would ask $77K for it, "IF" it was for sale. I do not have any pictures of the boat, but it is a hard deck(closed bow) and it is almost an exact twin to the first one ever tested. It is white with blue and yellow. If you go to the powerboat mag web site, you will find pics of its twin from 2000-2001. This boat is very, very nice. Its been garaged it's whole life, and is in Havasu now. Seeing how this is all "hypothetical" I am curious to see if there would be any interested parties in this boat. Here is the link
http://www.powerboatmagazine.com/2001tests/apr4.php

djunkie
02-15-2006, 10:24 PM
Your killing me here GT. Too bad I really think I want an open bow. :cry:
However I have seen this one in Havisu that I have to have. It white base color with blue and grey stripes. Seen it a few times now. Any idea who that may be?

roln 20s
02-15-2006, 10:52 PM
Sounds like a good package there GT :) Hypothetically...I think someone will jump up and be interested.
Djunkie--you talking about this 28 Bullet? I got to see this one be delivered, plus seen it run up and down Havi a few times-- super nice :D
Roln 20s

djunkie
02-16-2006, 01:21 AM
Sounds like a good package there GT :) Hypothetically...I think someone will jump up and be interested.
Djunkie--you talking about this 28 Bullet? I got to see this one be delivered, plus seen it run up and down Havi a few times-- super nice :D
Roln 20s
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11346
Yup!!!! Thats the one. I want this boat. Hopefully I'll run into the guy this summer out there. I wanna give him my number in case he wants to sell it in a year or 2. :rollside: :rollside:

TPI
02-16-2006, 06:21 AM
I like that boat a lot. That thing looks really cool. The Hypothetical boat is very nice also. The main difference between the one they tested and my friends boat is: none of the lines on my friends boat are straight, they are all curvey and wavey up close by design. It looks good and the gel is still like new.

NOTALENT
02-16-2006, 07:52 AM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11346
Yup!!!! Thats the one. I want this boat. Hopefully I'll run into the guy this summer out there. I wanna give him my number in case he wants to sell it in a year or 2. :rollside: :rollside:
That's a bitchen boat. It would be nice. Wouldn't mind the closed bow for the ocean.

djunkie
02-16-2006, 05:02 PM
That's a bitchen boat. It would be nice. Wouldn't mind the closed bow for the ocean.
If I wanted an ocean boat I'd go buy a Boston whaler on a galvanized trailer. That boat would stay in Havasu at my house and only be used in fresh water.
Closed bow is my first choice also but I think I would be happier with the extra room of the open bow.

ChumpChange
02-16-2006, 06:05 PM
I want a closed bow.......but I got to get rid of my open bow first. Need a boat for the ocean here is SoCal.
Are Howards good for the ocean?? J/K. Don't want to start that discussion, arguments are for the sandbar.

hotlavey
02-16-2006, 06:28 PM
I am hoping this will stay in the Hot Boat Forum for a bit and not get moved somewhere else(spam). Maybe this could just be a hypothetical discussion? :)
Lets just say I have a friend that has a 2001 Howard 28 Bullet fully loaded with 2001 options on a triple axle trailer with an HP500 and approx 80 hours. If he was ever to sell it, I think he would ask $77K for it, "IF" it was for sale. I do not have any pictures of the boat, but it is a hard deck(closed bow) and it is almost an exact twin to the first one ever tested. It is white with blue and yellow. If you go to the powerboat mag web site, you will find pics of its twin from 2000-2001. This boat is very, very nice. Its been garaged it's whole life, and is in Havasu now. Seeing how this is all "hypothetical" I am curious to see if there would be any interested parties in this boat. Here is the link
Gary, what other options might there be on a hypothetical Howard. I read that the one tested had Bennett Tabs and not K's. Would it also have full hydraulics? XZ drive? Covers? What would I do with my 2750?
Thanks, Tom(I tried to buy the Whipple)

TPI
02-16-2006, 07:14 PM
Tom,
The hypothetical Howard would have the following
HP500 w/ AZSM Monblade and MSD (approx 80 hrs)
Standard Bravo Drive/Gimbal(not an X, XZ, or XR)
Hot and cold running water off of the transom
IMCO dual ram Hyd Steering
Leather interior/ seats under the bow
TV(no inverter)
Sony Stereo
Bennett Sport Tabs(Dont need them, throw them away :) )
Powder coated seat bases
Tilt helm
Dual batteries
Triple axle trailer with wide package and chrome fenders
Switchable exhaust
2 Deck hatches, centered in the bow
cabin fans
I think thats about it. The boat is nice. $77K would be a good hypothetical asking price
Drop an 800 or 900 in this thing and it would be running hard! Hypothetically speaking of course.

djunkie
02-16-2006, 07:25 PM
Tom,
TV(no inverter)
Sony Stereo
Powder coated seat bases
Tilt helm
Dual batteries
Switchable exhaust
cabin fans
I think thats about it. The boat is nice. $77K would be a good hypothetical asking price
Drop an 800 or 900 in this thing and it would be running hard! Hypothetically speaking of course.
How about you toss one of your 700's in it and I'll take it? For $77k of course. :crossx: :crossx:

djunkie
02-16-2006, 07:31 PM
Shit...If mine was sold I might consider this one. Howards are beautiful boats. I try not to get to close to them at the boat shows as I will want to buy one :)
That is if it wasn't such a hypothetical situation....
Hypothetically speaking, I am in the same boat as you. :rollside:

TPI
02-16-2006, 08:09 PM
No problem on the 700, just a few weeks late for this pretty blue and polished one. It would have looked perfect in there. It actually went to Germany last week. I could always build up another one. I really love the 28 with a Whipple motor too, I am kind of partial to them.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/383Cart06_009m.jpg

hotlavey
02-16-2006, 08:48 PM
Tom,
TV(no inverter)
Sony Stereo
Powder coated seat bases
Tilt helm
Dual batteries
Switchable exhaust
cabin fans
Not sure I like the two deck hatches in the bow- too nice a deck for that. Hey, how about we swap my Whippled HP EFI for that stock HP and you sell my 2750 for me and I'll take the Howard. Is the bottom on that '01 the same as the current one? Hypothetically speaking of course.

TPI
02-16-2006, 09:28 PM
I personally prefer a flat deck with no hatches. Howard could probably smooth them out pretty easily if you really didnt like them. swapping motors? I dont know, sounds like a lot of work. I wish someone would hypothetically buy my buddy's 2001 Bullet. I'll bet if mine was for sale someone would buy it.(I Love that boat!)

TPI
02-17-2006, 06:16 AM
Thanks JR,
Yes, there is now ANOTHER 100 mph 28 Bullet. Fortunately it will be lurking the lakes of the New Mexico area. It runs very well. I have been cruising it around the last couple of days, and just like the "Red Barron" 28 Bullet, it's making me really miss my boat. Oh well, Summer is coming, and there is a hypothetical boat that might be looking for a new owner. Anyone that might be considering a boat like this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just PM me and I will give you the phone number to contact my friend. Thanks again JR.

Kilrtoy
02-22-2006, 07:49 PM
Up until the last line I was sold on this boat, with that said, I would buy a new one with my own graphics and drop a 800 or 900 in it

TPI
02-23-2006, 08:09 AM
Yep,
and it would cost $175,000 + tax. If a guy bought this one and sold the 500 engine package, and shopped around for a 800 or 900 package, and dumped it in this boat he could be into it for lets say...............$120K-$130? A savings of about $50,000 or more. You never know, some thrifty fireman might be all over it! :) I think this boat will probably sell a little closer to Summer. Its too close to Tax time. :cry:

Ivan Dan
02-26-2006, 11:30 PM
Yep,
and it would cost $175,000 + tax. If a guy bought this one and sold the 500 engine package, and shopped around for a 800 or 900 package, and dumped it in this boat he could be into it for lets say...............$120K-$130? A savings of about $50,000 or more. You never know, some thrifty fireman might be all over it! :) I think this boat will probably sell a little closer to Summer. Its too close to Tax time. :cry:
Any hypothetical pics of this hypothetical boat you could hypothetically send to me? :D IvanDan@aol.com How much to throw a whipple on it? What kind of speeds would we be hypothetically talking then?

RiverOtter
02-27-2006, 04:05 AM
Tom,
TV(no inverter)
Sony Stereo
Powder coated seat bases
Tilt helm
Dual batteries
Switchable exhaust
cabin fans
Hypothetically speaking.... How fast will this boat go with the current hypothetical 500HP set up :idea:

TPI
02-27-2006, 07:03 AM
72-74 mph, real world speed. I am sure the boat could run 75-76 in perfect testing conditions.

TPI
03-21-2006, 07:00 PM
This boat is available........................................

blackcloud75
03-21-2006, 07:34 PM
Yep,
...................You never know, some thrifty fireman might be all over it! :) I think this boat will probably sell a little closer to Summer. Its too close to Tax time. :cry:
Only if it had SCHIADA written on the side!!!!!!!!!!!!
J/K Howard is my second choice......

little rowe boat
03-21-2006, 08:18 PM
Only if it had SCHIADA written on the side!!!!!!!!!!!!
J/K Howard is my second choice......
Buy it and put schiada on the side. :D

TPI
03-23-2006, 08:29 PM
ttt

FireSternTube
03-24-2006, 07:16 PM
[QUOTE=GT]This boat is available........................................[/QUOT
?Do you have a hypothetical phone number?

TPI
03-24-2006, 07:48 PM
Call Steve. He lives in Ventura, but the boat is in his garage in Havasu.
(805)642-9427
Thanks

TPI
04-08-2006, 05:45 PM
Sold,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,what a bargain! :)