PDA

View Full Version : Havasu neighbor keeps calling the cops

bohica
07-03-2007, 10:06 PM
I have a neighbor that keeps calling the cops on me for noise complaints. I usually like to fire the BBQ up when I get off the lake and turn the stereo on in the Rhino to keep us entertained. I'm talking in the 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm time range, and not really that loud, about 1/2 volume. Every single time, one of Havasu's finest will drive up to the house and says they received a noise complaint and to turn it off. It's really starting to piss me off. This morning it was at 11:00 am, while washing the car, another visit from the cops. I very politely asked the cop what the law was, and he said any noise complaint no matter what time, and I'll have to turn it off.
Anyone familiar with the laws in Havasu? Does this old grouchy neighbor, across the street and 4 house down really have the right to complain, no matter what time or what volume. All my immediate neighbors have never complained, and most will stop by for a beer or two.

YeLLowBoaT
07-03-2007, 10:09 PM
Do you know who it is??? if so I would go talk to them...and look for code violations to call on them...

Havasu Carrera
07-03-2007, 10:12 PM
Wow I feel for you. That crap is why I was so excited to move To Havasu.
I got lucky and my neighbors keep pounding on my door wanting to hang out or go boating. HECK! one came by a few trips ago and handed me a blended drink just out of no where. Thanks Keith! Maybe give your neighbors a break and use my BBQ and STEREO !!! :D Sorry to rant but I feel for you. Your neighbors should have bought in Donkey Acres. Bunch of asses.

Mrs.Racer277
07-03-2007, 10:13 PM
Geez that would suck....I guess we have been lucky

Mrs.Racer277
07-03-2007, 10:13 PM
Wow I feel for you. That crap is why I was so excited to move To Havasu.
I got lucky and my neighbors keep pounding on my door wanting to hang out or go boating. HECK! one came by a few trips ago and handed me a blended drink just out of no where. Thanks Keith! Maybe give your neighbors a break and use my BBQ and STEREO !!! :D Sorry to rant but I feel for you. Your neighbors should have bought in Donkey Acres. Bunch of asses.
LMAO :D

trawfish
07-03-2007, 10:48 PM
I have a neighbor that keeps calling the cops on me for noise complaints. I usually like to fire the BBQ up when I get off the lake and turn the stereo on in the Rhino to keep us entertained. I'm talking in the 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm time range, and not really that loud, about 1/2 volume. Every single time, one of Havasu's finest will drive up to the house and says they received a noise complaint and to turn it off. It's really starting to piss me off. This morning it was at 11:00 am, while washing the car, another visit from the cops. I very politely asked the cop what the law was, and he said any noise complaint no matter what time, and I'll have to turn it off.
Anyone familiar with the laws in Havasu? Does this old grouchy neighbor, across the street and 4 house down really have the right to complain, no matter what time or what volume. All my immediate neighbors have never complained, and most will stop by for a beer or two.
Section 9.12.010 Loud music or animals.
It is a public nuisance and unlawful for any person owning a residence or operating or in
control of any restaurant, hotel, dancehall, show, store or any place of public amusement,
entertainment or accommodation, to play or permit to be played any music or musical instrument
or instruments, whether played by individuals, orchestra, radio, phonograph, music or other
mechanical device or means, or maintain any animal in a loud or unusual manner as to be
offensive to the senses, or so as to disturb the slumbers, peace and quiet or otherwise interfere
with or annoy the comfortable enjoyment of life or property of any considerable number of
persons in the neighborhood, and is no less a nuisance because the extent of the annoyance
inflicted is unequal. (Prior code § 7-1-10(A))
Section 9.12.040 Annoying noise generally.
It is unlawful to make, cause or contribute to any noise or sounds of such volume or of such a
nature as to cause annoyance to residents of the city. (Prior code § 7-1-10(D))

Daytona100
07-03-2007, 10:53 PM
:D Mount some cameras facing there house front and back annoys the shit out of people!!!!!!!!!!! Working or not they,ll hate it. Tell them you,ll tone it down when they quit calling the cops.

79centurion
07-03-2007, 11:00 PM
Just do what I did. My neighbor keep calling the cops on me, so at 3:00 in the morning I politely knocked on there door and asked them to stop. Amazingly enough they stopped.
Dan

MudPumper
07-03-2007, 11:30 PM
Or you could just keep the noise down, comply with the laws and not annoy your neighbors. Just a thought.:D

TOBTEK
07-03-2007, 11:47 PM
I think you have a case towards the yahoo that built a rhino with that much stereo in it.... I mean come on, do you REALLY need 2200 watts, 8 seperates, and a 10" L7 Sub. FREAK!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/medium/135rhino_stereo_001.jpg
hehehehehe...... buy your neighbor a lude:D

Kachina26
07-04-2007, 02:21 AM
Or you could just keep the noise down, comply with the laws and not annoy your neighbors. Just a thought.:D
Well there's a novel idea. Sorry, but I have to agree. Of course that's why I went by my neighborhood at different hours of the day and night before I bought, just to make sure it wasn't a party place. I like to go where it's a loud party place, not to live in it. Ya know, home should be a retreat. And Dia, your parties, as big as they get, are pretty chill. That's what I like about them. Of course I've only crashed two of 'em. :D

BoatPI
07-04-2007, 02:58 AM
you may want to set up your tunes so the speakers face your house.

Spotondl
07-04-2007, 04:00 AM
Turn the tunes up to 3/4 or more for a few rounds... after a few rounds of that when you turn it up only half way they will think that you are keeping it mellow and let you slide... :D :D :D

duner21
07-04-2007, 04:12 AM
You are just a trouble maker :D Call me if you are out this weekend we are getting the conquest on thursday!

phebus
07-04-2007, 04:44 AM
Most of the people here in Havasu are at a minimum half deaf, so you just got unlucky on your choice of neighbors.
Must be Californians. :D

Chipster27
07-04-2007, 04:57 AM
I think you have a case towards the yahoo that built a rhino with that much stereo in it.... I mean come on, do you REALLY need 2200 watts, 8 seperates, and a 10" L7 Sub. FREAK!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/medium/135rhino_stereo_001.jpg
hehehehehe...... buy your neighbor a lude:D
The FIRST thing I though was, good thing he doens't have the stereo in my boat....then I saw who's rhino it was :D :D LMAO
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p206/Chipster27/DCB/135almost_1_retouched.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p206/Chipster27/DCB/135almost_3_retouched.jpg

Danhercules
07-04-2007, 05:55 AM
4 houses down? Dude, thats loud.

dragboat
07-04-2007, 05:56 AM
:idea: :idea: :idea:

dragboat
07-04-2007, 05:57 AM
you may want to set up your tunes so the speakers face your house.
:idea: :idea: :D

bear down
07-04-2007, 06:06 AM
Well there's a novel idea. Sorry, but I have to agree. Of course that's why I went by my neighborhood at different hours of the day and night before I bought, just to make sure it wasn't a party place. I like to go where it's a loud party place, not to live in it. Ya know, home should be a retreat. And Dia, your parties, as big as they get, are pretty chill. That's what I like about them. Of course I've only crashed two of 'em. :D
Knowing Bohica he is not one to crank up the music...He probably has the stereo on as wallpaper music as he BBQ's and cleans the boat. He has total respect for people around him. Good luck on the issue. I say if they are going to call the cops on you during those hours CRANK IT UP and make the trip by Havasu PD worth the trip. I am sure the P.D. will get tired of coming and in the future will be more of a casual visit. I know your pain..

bear down
07-04-2007, 06:07 AM
Stop swimming in "your" pool and I am sure the calls will stop.

Not So Fast
07-04-2007, 06:11 AM
Agreed, and there are always two sides to the story. It pays off to be a good neighbor. You are lucky that the Police dont enforce the Dennis Rodman law of charging you for a service call after the 2nd time. I'm not being a smart ass but I understand Havasu has that law in place but I could be wrong:idea: just turn it down and be done with it. NSF

catman-do
07-04-2007, 06:48 AM
How about this novel idea. Go to the neighbors house and invite them over for a bbq, as well as a couple of the other neighbors. Then spend some time getting to know them and show them some interest in what they like to talk about (politics, bunko, classic cars, young punk kids) and watch them open up to you. A neighbor that is cool with you will either avoid the small complaint calls, or will come over and tell you first hand to keep it quiet. But if they dont know you by first name, then one of you arent being a good neighbor (if its him, then take the extra effort to make sure you are the good one). Worked for me... twice

Dribble
07-04-2007, 06:59 AM
You're not going to get very far with logic like that around here.:D :D

vmjtc3
07-04-2007, 07:13 AM
Get rid of the bass and you problem is likely to stop. The bass is annoying as fock when you are trying to relax at the house and all you hear is boom boom boom. Get a normal stereo with out the 10' sub, keep it to a normal volume and you problem will probably stop. When all you can hear from 5 houses down is the bass it gets old quick :idea:

ACEB36TC
07-04-2007, 07:13 AM
In Our County There Is A Limit Of 80 Decibels At The Property Line. Go To Radio Shack And Buy A Decibel Meter. Go To Your City Ordinance People And Ask That You Be Given A Specific (not Subjective)noise Level Via Ordinance And Then Abide By It . When The Cops Come Show Them The Ordinance And The Decibel Meter. It Fixed My Neighbor But Good. I Asked That The Next Time The Cops Come That They Cite The Complaining Nieghbor For Filing A False Complaint. They(the Police) Communicated This To The Neighbor. Partied On Ever Since. And By The Way The Decibel Level Was In The Mid 50`s When I First Tested It My Self. Jerky Neighbors. Now Silent Jerky Neighbors.

LHC30Victory
07-04-2007, 07:33 AM
Not to be an armchair lawyer but the ordinance specific to music will over ride the "general" noise ord. The key on the specific ord is the provision that it has to annoy a "considerable number" of people. Show that to the PD next time they show up and have them explain the law to the complainer. If it continues, seek a civil restraining order against them....

GHT
07-04-2007, 07:35 AM
You're not going to get very far with logic like that around here.:D :D
Why you gotta go around here acting all smart and Sh1t? You crazy!!:D

bohica
07-04-2007, 07:37 AM
I'm all for respecting the neighbors but at the volume they are complaining about is not loud at all. If I go into the house, you can barely hear the music. I've tried talking to the guy, since they are always sitting in their garage with the door open, no matter what time of day. They close the garage door as they see me approaching, and won't answer the front door.

GHT
07-04-2007, 07:37 AM
Not to be an armchair lawyer but the ordinance specific to music will over ride the "general" noise ord. The key on the specific ord is the provision that it has to annoy a "considerable number" of people. Show that to the PD next time they show up and have them explain the law to the complainer. If it continues, seek a civil restraining order against them....
For someone that doesn't whant to be a "armchair lawyer", you are a good one:idea: :sqeyes: :D

phebus
07-04-2007, 07:39 AM
I'm all for respecting the neighbors but at the volume they are complaining about is not loud at all. If I go into the house, you can barely hear the music. I've tried talking to the guy, since they are always sitting in their garage with the door open, no matter what time of day. They close the garage door as they see me approaching, and won't answer the front door.
You sound like trouble to me :D I'm going to get a restraining order. :hammer2:

LHC30Victory
07-04-2007, 07:39 AM
For someone that doesn't whant to be a "armchair lawyer", you are a good one:idea: :sqeyes: :D
Yeah, it is kinda fun beating down (in court) some of those folks who spend a lot of time in school with no life experience....

Not So Fast
07-04-2007, 07:45 AM
Then maybe, from the sound of this, you are in the right here if indeed you dont blast your music. All I ever ask is be respectful, do unto others and crap like that, 8pm and they complain ?? One thing to consider is how noise travels here with ups and downs of the topography unlike the city where houses are all generally built at one elevation and sound gets stopped by the buildings. Have the police listen and let them decide, might work since they have to field complaints like this all the time. Good luck, NSF

GHT
07-04-2007, 07:46 AM
Yeah, it is kinda fun beating down (in court) some of those folks who spend a lot of time in school with no life experience....
BULLY!
:D

Ion
07-04-2007, 07:48 AM
...I very politely asked the cop what the law was, and he said any noise complaint no matter what time, and I'll have to turn it off.
Now there's some irnoy!
I have been complaining about some old cuss across the fairway literally for years, who throws his old lab out behind his garage before he goes out fishing and from that point until he returns, about 10:00 pm, the dog goes off non-stop. Through the years I have learned the dog has seperation anxiety, but the law is NOT enforced. I should get your cop's name and call him directly!

Smokin Joe
07-04-2007, 08:10 AM
That's a downside to having a vacation home in a normal community your there to relax and get away and they "your neighbors" live there full time. One solution is make peace or play your IPOD as loud as you want with your head phones on. :D
joe

wsuwrhr
07-04-2007, 08:27 AM
If it's not within your charitable self to provide the neighbors dog with psychiatric counsuling then I would suggest a trip to your local gunstore and puchase a silencer. End of problem.
Rio
Shoot the owner, not the dog.

mdunn01
07-04-2007, 08:49 AM
You can do few things.
1. Go talk with the neighbor and try and resolve the problem
2. just dont make any focking noise
3. fight fire with fire and start calling the cops on him for things wrong with his place.
You wont win with the cops. sorry. People dont understand BUT in almost every city i know and every law i know is simple, If its bothering me its too loud you will HAVE too turn it off or down, whatever it may be. You wont win, its almost like if i call the cops first, I win.
Mike

Baja Big Dog
07-04-2007, 09:12 AM
Simple...
Go buy a DB meter...
Set it up at a central point where the sound would travel towards the neighbors house....
Get the neighbor and set him up with a walkie talkie......
send him home and have him radio you when the noise is at a level he is uncomfortable with.....
Note the level......
When you play the music, keep it at the level he was happy with......
Then invite him over for a beer and have one of your bros hit his wife and take pictures......:D
Does anyone else think its a little trailer park, when you drive your rhino to the back yard for music when your bar-b-q?:confused:

billet racing 1
07-04-2007, 09:22 AM
If thier sitting in the garage with the door open, they can hear your music pretty well. But if they hide anytime you approach, just walk by thier house prior to starting the BBQ. They will hide in the house, and can't hear the music.
Jerry

bohica
07-04-2007, 09:23 AM
Simple...
Does anyone else think its a little trailer park, when you drive your rhino to the back yard for music when your bar-b-q?:confused:
No trailer park here. I live on a corner lot with a 52' drive thru garage with driveways in both the front and back of the house. Since the Rhino has a stereo system that will rival most home systems, might as well make use of it.:D

KLEPTOW
07-04-2007, 09:25 AM
He sounds like a chicken shit old geezer that needs to turn his earing aid down...

Dribble
07-04-2007, 09:44 AM
Since the Rhino has a stereo system that will rival most home systems, might as well make use of it.:D
I think you have just hit on the problem.

dragboat
07-04-2007, 10:09 AM
That's a downside to having a vacation home in a normal community your there to relax and get away and they "your neighbors" live there full time. One solution is make peace or play your IPOD as loud as you want with your head phones on. :D
joe
Great solution! Enjoy your music.
This works, unless you're just "attempting" to "show off"....their not impressed. No one is.
Maybe they don't like to here your F'N Michael Jackson albums over and over and over and over!
It's a dumb ass law, someone in the past was such a dumb ass that the city council had to make and pass a law to keep stupid people from ruining a nice area.
Getting stupid people to understand this simple concept is impossible.
They would rather blame the very neighbors that they're imposing on.
It's simple, it's RESPECT! .........EARN SOME!
Rant Rant Rant I know... go ahead... ask me what I really think.:D :D :D

Spotondl
07-04-2007, 11:12 AM
No trailer park here. I live on a corner lot with a 52' drive thru garage with driveways in both the front and back of the house. Since the Rhino has a stereo system that will rival most home systems, might as well make use of it.:D
Sounds to me as if the old geezer has driveway envy...:D

ratso
07-04-2007, 11:25 AM
I think it was stated earlier... probably need to do away with the bass...

andy01
07-04-2007, 11:41 AM
Have the police listen and let them decide,
Wouldn't you think it is on when they roll up? And if they are telling him to turn it down then they too think it is to loud. Just a thought.
I say it is the bass that is causing the problem, not the music itself.
Andy

eman1625
07-04-2007, 11:59 AM
two weeks ago our old man came over from across the street and two houses up and said music was to loud. We had a one of the portable Ipod players so it was not like we had full on house speakers pumping. We had the BBQ going and just playing music while cooking grub. This guy wasn't even in his garage. He was full on in the house. We could barely hear music from middle of the street!

bohica
07-04-2007, 12:02 PM
The cops are saying it's gotta go off, not down. Not playing any big bass/hip hop stuff either. Just some mellow tunes like Johnny Cash, Clapton unplugged and other easy listening river tunes. Since this is Tobtek's old Rhino, I'm sure he'll agree that at 30, when the volume control goes to 60, it's not very loud.
I'm beginning to wonder if the guy is wearing a hearing aid that amplifies even the littlest sound.
I repect the guys right to peace & quite, but have to have a right to listen to music while out around the yard doing stuff in the middle of the day. I'm sure thiss guy is on a tight budget and not able to run his a/c in the house all day/night. Why else would he be sitting in the garage where it's shaded when it's 110 outside. Maybe I should offer to pick up his electric bill so he can go inside. I'm positive he couldn't hear a thing if he was in the house.

Jbb
07-04-2007, 12:08 PM
Put one of those giant sounding train horns on the Rhino....Invite the neighbor over for a cool one.....when he gets near...hit the horn........as he retreats into his garage with his ears bleeding....turn up the music......he wont hear it over the ringing in his ears for a day or two...:p

Not So Fast
07-04-2007, 12:15 PM
Wouldn't you think it is on when they roll up? And if they are telling him to turn it down then they too think it is to loud. Just a thought.
I say it is the bass that is causing the problem, not the music itself.
Andy
You are probably right and if they come out they just want it settled and the easiest way is to tell you to turn it down. I think there are always two sides to every story though:idea: NSF

fatboy95
07-04-2007, 12:35 PM
Put your house up for sale and invite all the Mexicans in town to bid on it. that will piss off the neighbor.

DSW
07-04-2007, 01:20 PM
Mail him a box of dog shit with no return address.:D

pw_Tony
07-04-2007, 01:25 PM
After about 2 years of my neighbor calling the police on me about 4-5 times a week, the police stopped appearing when he was the only one calling. They would show up if other people called as well, but not if he was the only one calling.
You're not breaking any laws if it's in the middle of the day and it's under 55 decibels. They can threaten you, lie, and do all the other stuff police do(no offense boatcop) but they never did anything.
And out of all the officers that came to my house there were the ones that would tell the truth, and say they can't do anything unless the neighbor puts me under Citizens arrest.
And then there's the ones that tell you that if they come back again you're going to jail blah blah blah...

Wet Dream
07-04-2007, 01:35 PM
Put one of those giant sounding train horns on the Rhino....Invite the neighbor over for a cool one.....when he gets near...hit the horn........as he retreats into his garage with his ears bleeding....turn up the music......he wont hear it over the ringing in his ears for a day or two...:p
And then you have to install a compressor and large tanks because the train horns use air like like its going out of style. Next...

Rvr Swpr
07-04-2007, 03:25 PM
When your on your boat,driving your car, and you want to blast music and enjoy a awsome system,that's fine . But when you bother neighbors you are showing your sorry ass is lacking attention,and probabably nobody listens to anything you have to say,and it's been that way all your life.

Jbb
07-04-2007, 03:31 PM
I pod.....?

lalhc
07-04-2007, 03:42 PM
It sounds like you're not really out of line. I live full-time in Lake Arrowhead and nothing pisses me off more when our part-timer neighbors come up for the weekend and think they can do whatever they want. Some people are just clueless.
Anyways, after purchasing our home in Havasu, I went out and met all most my neighbors, provided them our #, and warned them that we may rent the house out a few times a year. Fortunately, we picked a great neighborhood where they all like to boat in the summer and ride buggys or bikes in the winter.

pw_Tony
07-04-2007, 03:45 PM
When your on your boat,driving your car, and you want to blast music and enjoy a awsome system,that's fine . But when you bother neighbors you are showing your sorry ass is lacking attention,and probabably nobody listens to anything you have to say,and it's been that way all your life.
What the fock are you talking about? He says it isn't loud so what's you beef?
I have had a neighbor or two like that, that have nothing better to do than complaign or call the cops, or the county:mad:
You are an iggnorant azz-hole so go crawl back in your hole and talk to yourself

Rvr Swpr
07-04-2007, 03:54 PM
knew you would respond,your who i was talking about. From all of your posts can't imagine who listens to you.

pw_Tony
07-04-2007, 04:02 PM
knew you would respond,your who i was talking about. From all of your posts can't imagine who listens to you.
Go ahead and say anything you want RvrSwpr:) I don't have to bother arguing this 'cause I already know you're a dumb fock:eek:

YeLLowBoaT
07-04-2007, 04:25 PM
What the fock are you talking about? He says it isn't loud so what's you beef?
I have had a neighbor or two like that, that have nothing better to do than complaign or call the cops, or the county:mad:
You are an iggnorant azz-hole so go crawl back in your hole and talk to yourself
I would say if the person across the street and 4 doors down is hearing the music, its too loud.

Wicked Performance Boats
07-04-2007, 04:47 PM
park your boat in front of his house to help block the sound. Then put it away at nite:D

thatguy
07-04-2007, 04:59 PM
Too loud or not it sucks when you can't cut loose on your own patch.
I guess i'm lucky, we got 4 acres, all my nieghbors have 1.5 -2.5 acres. We still hear each other, but since we are ALL AS*HOLES it works out. I run my boats on the hose to tune, with dry headers of course. The reverb off the trees and houses is awsome when you snap 6 grand or so! Then the nieghbors cows and stuff start in. Then my other nieghbor, my buddy, about 350' away starts up his '67 camaro SG car. The wife beater/ hillbilly behind me has to crank up his Merle Haggard full volume to hear it, so I counter with godsmack or Tool. We can't see each other for the trees. Oh yeah, a redding cop moved in behind and down from us last fall. He didn't make it till summer.
And so another evening begins!! I just can't imagine zero lot line ever again.:D :D
Tommy

pw_Tony
07-04-2007, 05:03 PM
Too loud or not it sucks when you can't cut loose on your own patch.
I guess i'm lucky, we got 4 acres, all my nieghbors have 1.5 -2.5 acres. We still hear each other, but since we are ALL AS*HOLES it works out. I run my boats on the hose to tune, with dry headers of course. The reverb off the trees and houses is awsome when you snap 6 grand or so! Then the nieghbors cows and stuff start in. Then my other nieghbor, my buddy, about 350' away starts up his '67 camaro SG car. The wife beater/ hillbilly behind me has to crank up his Merle Haggard full volume to hear it, so I counter with godsmack or Tool. We can't see each other for the trees. Oh yeah, a redding cop moved in behind and down from us last fall. He didn't make it till summer.
And so another evening begins!! I just can't imagine zero lot line ever again.:D :D
Tommy
That's what I'm talkin bout!:D

Riverdog1
07-04-2007, 07:43 PM
Section 9.12.010 Loud music or animals.
It is a public nuisance and unlawful for any person owning a residence or operating or in
control of any restaurant, hotel, dancehall, show, store or any place of public amusement,
entertainment or accommodation, to play or permit to be played any music or musical instrument
or instruments, whether played by individuals, orchestra, radio, phonograph, music or other
mechanical device or means, or maintain any animal in a loud or unusual manner as to be
offensive to the senses, or so as to disturb the slumbers, peace and quiet or otherwise interfere
with or annoy the comfortable enjoyment of life or property of any considerable number of
persons in the neighborhood, and is no less a nuisance because the extent of the annoyance
inflicted is unequal. (Prior code § 7-1-10(A))
Section 9.12.040 Annoying noise generally.
It is unlawful to make, cause or contribute to any noise or sounds of such volume or of such a
nature as to cause annoyance to residents of the city. (Prior code § 7-1-10(D))
I used to get the cops called on me for the same crap all the time. I got to know the neighbor and even invited them to my shin-digs. Anyway, turns out there was an ordinance for quiet time--just like at the lake. 10PM to 7AM. Anything in between was cool, but silence after that if the neighbors didn't like me.:mad:
They pissed me off so I took the mufflers out of my boat and fired it up aimed at the service door on the side of the garage, right at their bedroom window at 3AM on Monday Morning. Sweet revenge...

dragboat
07-04-2007, 07:47 PM
Jonny Cash does sound better cranked.

Riverdog1
07-04-2007, 07:59 PM
Mail him a box of dog shit with no return address.:D
:D :D :D Very Nice:devil: Make it runny cat shit though:D :D :D ROTFLMAO:D :D That's funny!!!

Chipster27
07-04-2007, 08:23 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if the guy is wearing a hearing aid that amplifies even the littlest sound.
Here's a picture of your neighbor taken from your front yard...
http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_dec2004/MegaHearingAid.jpg

vmjtc3
07-04-2007, 10:14 PM
Funny thing about this post is, I just called the cops on the pos Mexicans two houses over from me for playing there mexican umpa circus music focking loud at 11 pm. some people just cant buy a clue.:mad: Cant understand why some people cant have a little bit of common courtesy. Same type of tattooed dirt road skizzerd raiders fans that drive past everyone in line at the launch ramp cause they don't give a fock about anyone but them selfs.

Mrs 2LKHVSU
07-04-2007, 10:18 PM
Funny thing about this post is, I just called the cops on the pos Mexicans two houses over from me for playing there mexican umpa circus music focking loud at 11 pm. some people just cant buy a clue.:mad: Cant understand why some people cant have a little bit of common courtesy. Same type of tattooed dirt road skizzerd raiders fans that drive past everyone in line at the launch ramp cause they don't give a fock about anyone but them selfs.
Happy 4th of July ... Independence Day...:D

Cole Trickle
07-05-2007, 08:50 AM
We had 3 houses rocking the same station from our garage stereos yesterday and no one minded:D:D
<------ lives in a cool ass neighborhood where everyone likes beer and music:devil: :)

IDRPSTF
07-05-2007, 09:49 AM
I had the same issue. Family next door calling the police two to three times per day on my dogs. I was getting red tags on my door every day when I got home for lunch and again after work. Everything from "Loid Barking Dogs" to "Dogs not on a leash".(They are in my backyard!!!)
I was even sited two times when the dogs where in California?
Not one time did the guy, his wife, or anyone else ever knock on my door. One note was left on my car and when I went over to discuss it (Because thats what civilized people do) his kid lied and said they didnt write the note and they had no complaints.
A week later I am at the police station to deal with the red tag I had recieved that morning and discuss the fact that 3 of my dogs had died with 48 hours of being at the house in Havasu and now my neighbor is calling the cops three times per day and my wife gives me a call to get home and bring a officer with me...
I show up to find the neighbors kids leaningaround the corner and yelling "Bark Bark Bark Doggies".
They walked back in before the Police showed up. This happened two more times and I could not get to a camera. I have had his home builders shooting nail guns AT my dogs and delt with the forman directly.
Kids at the front and back gate.
And workers on his roof (It has taken a full year to remodel his house... that means tools all hours of the day seven days a week and I never complained). And workers whisteling at my wife and female house sitters while they are by the pool.
During the Poker Run I was pushed over the edge. I had clients at my home and had been keeping the dogs indoors the whole weekend. My clients found two red tags in one day on my front door and said they would feel more comfortable at a hotel. So now I am embarrassed and pissed. The dogs again.. Are Inside When The Cops Sited Me!!!!
I asked the guys 16 year old if his dad was home... He leis and says no!
Then Mom comes out using the F bomb like a trucker!
Then Dad (Who it turns out was home) walks out and takes his wife by the throat telling her to go inside!!!
I started asking why he never has walked over and even introduced himself? Why I have put up with powertools and sexual harrassing builders (To wich his answer was "Thas what contractors do" WTF Thats my wife and a 17 year old girl they are looking over the fence and whistleing at!!!)
Why could he not bring up the dog barking situation when he see's me out front so I can explain that his kids are taunting them and THAT MAKES DOGS BARK!!!
And best of all... why the investigation into HIS direct involvment in the death of three of my dogs got shelved by Havasu PD? He is a doctor after all!
I explained if he didnt take five minutes to figure out a comprimise I am lawyering up for a harrassment suite considering I get Red Tags twrice a day buy his buddies at the local boys club that lost my complaint and I have witnesses that have seen his kids provoking the noise... Guess what??? He stopped to listen.
We agreed my dogs would be in by 9:00 PM
And he would talk to his kids.
As you guessed after all of that... No more Red Tags. All it took was one conversation instead of wasting all of our resources with the PD.
We did have one more call three days after. His dog came over to my house and pinned our housesitter in a corner. A ran out and got the dog away.
This time I had a video camera. The Police said the 5 year old girl left unattended at his house had left the front door open and the dog got out and ran over to my house.
I dont expect another complaint any time soon!

Wet Dream
07-05-2007, 10:23 AM
Great solution! Enjoy your music.
This works, unless you're just "attempting" to "show off"....their not impressed. No one is.
Maybe they don't like to here your F'N Michael Jackson albums over and over and over and over!
It's a dumb ass law, someone in the past was such a dumb ass that the city council had to make and pass a law to keep stupid people from ruining a nice area.
Getting stupid people to understand this simple concept is impossible.
They would rather blame the very neighbors that they're imposing on.
It's simple, it's RESPECT! .........EARN SOME!
Rant Rant Rant I know... go ahead... ask me what I really think.:D :D :D
Damn, thats beautiful. So simple, honest and to the point. Do you think anybody will see this for what its worth? Naw, didn't think so. That would be too simple.

vmjtc3
07-05-2007, 12:06 PM
Happy 4th of July ... Independence Day...:D
Well I guess on the fifth of may I will have to play my music loud and act like an assclown on there holiday :D Except I have more respect for the people that live in my area than to act like an assclown where I live.;)

SummerBreeze
07-05-2007, 12:21 PM
I get the dam roosters sitting on the back fence about 4:15 am this time of the year. They are doing over 100dcb

vmjtc3
07-05-2007, 12:36 PM
I get the dam roosters sitting on the back fence about 4:15 am this time of the year. They are doing over 100dcb
Nothing A BBQ grill cant fix :notam:

Ziggy
07-05-2007, 01:30 PM
Get rid of the bass and you problem is likely to stop. The bass is annoying as fock when you are trying to relax at the house and all you hear is boom boom boom. Get a normal stereo with out the 10' sub, keep it to a normal volume and you problem will probably stop. When all you can hear from 5 houses down is the bass it gets old quick :idea:
LOL, might have a point, most walls out there are pretty thin.
I'd go meet him myself and invite him and his spouse/kids over for a bbq...getting to know them will answer your questions on how to handle it best the next time, cuz likely there will be a next time.

dragboat
07-23-2007, 06:46 PM
Damn, thats beautiful. So simple, honest and to the point. Do you think anybody will see this for what its worth? Naw, didn't think so. That would be too simple.
Thanks for noticing , and yes it's just to simple, way to simple.

PHOTOGLOU
07-23-2007, 07:29 PM
Thanks for noticing , and yes it's just to simple, way to simple.
Buy an Ice cream truck and park it out in front of their house with the little horn going giving away free ice cream:D .... Every neighbor will love you... Well almost everyone

RiverRatMike
07-23-2007, 07:34 PM
I'm about ready to call the cops on the kid on the motorized scooter going up and down my street for hours. :confused:

Racey
07-23-2007, 07:36 PM
Let em keep calling the cops, maybe they'll get so pissed they'll move :devil:
or get a scanner and wait for the call to come across the air and turn it down before the popo's show up :D then it'll make them look like pricks to the cops

J540
07-23-2007, 08:19 PM
:idea: :idea:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/gs-firehouse02.jpg
Just a thought:idea: :D :D