PDA

View Full Version : It happened again! need vid system

Garrddogg
07-04-2007, 09:52 AM
:mad: Car got broken into again and im fokin pissed! got a bunch of work stuff,Millwaukee 28 volt drill set,garmin nuvi 660 gps tool bag,fluke meter,
2 bluetooth earpieces, big cisco router, and a whole bunch of other shit..
I say fokit I want a video surveillance system installed on my house anyone have a hook up?
And they didnt even touch this,
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/at_home.jpg

HocusPocus
07-04-2007, 09:55 AM
that would be to hard to sell.. the other crap they can sell at swap meets to buy more crack with.

lalhc
07-04-2007, 09:56 AM
What a bummer :mad: and it appears that you live in a nice area of San Dimas.

a catered life
07-04-2007, 10:03 AM
i got a guy that did my house 3 years ago he good but with all the over the counter stuff available now a days check costo first that had a camera system you can install your self and links up to your computer
but if you want a good installer try this guy greg hansmann X3 digital email greg@x3digital.com 661 728 0071

piper
07-04-2007, 10:10 AM
That suxs bro. My truck got broken into recently too. I ended up installing a alarm with a pager but of course it was after the fact. You can also buy an alarm that has a camera inside you vehicle and it will snap pictures if anyone gets inside your vehicle. Nice thing about that alarm is it forwards the pictures to your alarm remote that has a small screen on it as well. It stores the pictures in 3 different locations and the cost is about $500-600.

a catered life
07-04-2007, 10:12 AM
piper how are you i didnt know you were home.....

piper
07-04-2007, 10:19 AM
piper how are you i didnt know you were home.....
I'm doing great! I got back about 6 weeks ago. I've been staying low key for a bit. Just wanted to get used to being back. This past weekend was my first time on the water in almost 4 years. It was awesome!!! So now I'm ready to come out in full force.:D

Kachina26
07-04-2007, 01:45 PM
:mad: Car got broken into again and im fokin pissed! got a bunch of work stuff,Millwaukee 28 volt drill set,garmin nuvi 660 gps tool bag,fluke meter,
2 bluetooth earpieces, big cisco router, and a whole bunch of other shit..
I say fokit I want a video surveillance system installed on my house anyone have a hook up?
And they didnt even touch this,
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/at_home.jpg
Just wondering if they stole the parking brake out of that thing? If not, why the wheel chocks? :D:D:D

robk
07-04-2007, 01:52 PM
If you have the serial, I'd try getting in touch with Cisco about that router. If they'll flag the serial there's a chance you might be able to track it down if the new "owner" tries to purchase a SmartNet contract for IOS upgrades...
I'm considering putting in a camera system at my place as well after having a few things disappear out of my driveway/side yard. Thinking about putting one in at work as well after a few laptops disappeared over a weekend.
Rob

Mountainstone
07-04-2007, 02:54 PM
Sam's club sells complete systems for pretty cheap.
Just curious: What do you intend to do with the footage if you do capture video of some jerkass stealing your stuff? Do you think the cops will be willing to use it, or are you hoping to recognize a neighbor?

Garrddogg
07-04-2007, 05:59 PM
Sam's club sells complete systems for pretty cheap.
Just curious: What do you intend to do with the footage if you do capture video of some jerkass stealing your stuff? Do you think the cops will be willing to use it, or are you hoping to recognize a neighbor?
Yeah Sams was our first thought, but I want some good shiat! I want to see the little fokers faces and iffin I do recognize them Im gonna fok em up (minor or not) then Im gonna fok up thier dads. IM REALLY SERIOUSLY PISSED!

thatguy
07-04-2007, 06:21 PM
I got an X10 wireless system on the web for under $400.00.
Put up 1 on back patio w/ the "ninja pan & tilt". I can remote steer it and sweep the pool and patio area, and tilt up and down. Same deal on the front walk.
Also in the same package I installed a motion light/ camera on the shop drive and parking area. The 4th camera is hidden in the living room, can see both entrances from that one. All are wireless and remote controlled from the bedroom. Can switch from one to the other continuosly.
Also can be set up with motion detectors and record to VCR automatically. AND send still shots to your e-mail so you can look at pics from anywhere from your laptop.
Next one will be wired however. The wireless transmitter/ reciever is not very powerful. 50-60' max through walls. Alot of sh*t for under $400.00.
Check out www.x10.com
Tommy
Oh yeah, all 4 cameras are the "low-light" ones. just a porchlight is plenty for a good picture at night. I wish I had this 20 years ago, when I used to peek out windows!!

Riveratz
07-04-2007, 06:38 PM
Garrddogg.. PM Sent...
I am in the biz and if you want something good and reliable I would stay away from the x-10 and sams products. Just my .02 worth.

thatguy
07-04-2007, 07:00 PM
Rivrat,
Yeah, the X10 stuff is in no way professional grade, as you well know.
But it did more than what I needed and for less money than I expected. I merely was suggesting that it was a better alternative than what I've seen at Sams or Home Depot, etc. Wasn't too hard to get going and is still working 2 years later. Of course, I spared no expense with the actual home security system and contract. Just added the camera deal so I didn't have to get out of bed every time my wife heard a noise. Plus I did catch the kids sneaking out once and busted the idiots TP'ing my front yard one night. They called me a liar when I went to thier parents, till I rolled the tape.
Tommy

Thunder Struck
07-04-2007, 08:00 PM
Even the best video system won’t stop people from breaking in. You will only be able to watch them on tape the next day. We installed a laser system that surrounds our whole house and sets of a silent alarm in our bedroom and or is hooked into our alarm when we are out of town. We have caught many people breaking in and when they sh*t there pants when I come out with a bat in the middle of the night. Is priceless.

DILLIGAF
07-04-2007, 08:09 PM
Sorry Gary...That's ****edf up :( All the kids in my hood know to stay the **** away from my shit. I made sure they understood this from a very young age.

Parker Dreamin
07-05-2007, 08:47 AM
http://www.wilife.com/Default.aspx