PDA

View Full Version : Boat jumps 70ft over land at Pleasent

HTM SR-24 Mitch
07-04-2007, 06:43 PM
So the fireworks at Lake Pleasent went off with a bang in more ways than one could ever expect.
At about 10:30pm I was headed back to the north lane boat ramp of the harbor. I'm in the middle of the lake doing about 30mph when I look to the left and see the green light of another boat way to the left of me. He starts to overtake my speed when all of a sudden I see the gren light go staight up and hear this big bang over my loud boat. I quicky hurry over there with spot light in hand when I remember that there is a reef there at the entrance. Sure as you can expect...He jumped the reef. He almost cleared it. It was a Sea Ray and I would say about a 19 to 21ft. The 3 people in there, Husband, Wife and Teenager were ok. Him needing stiches to the head. All of this and he was trying to get people to tow him to the ramp and not call the police. Can we say drinking? Needless to say all of a sudden 6 police boats showed up.
The boat was still there this morning and didn't look to have any hull damage at all. Too bad for this guy, he will never forget this 4th of July.

roostwear
07-04-2007, 06:45 PM
The driver's name was Bond.... James Bond..... he was a little shaken, not stirred

Jbb
07-04-2007, 06:49 PM
http://www.classicglastron.com/james-bond-jump-100dpi.JPG

Xlration Marine
07-04-2007, 07:06 PM
There were a buch of goof balls like that about 16 years ago. Most of them ended up on land, with daddy's boat.

HavasuSelect
07-04-2007, 08:39 PM
Wow! Thank goodness there were no injuries. Good thing that boat was built Sea Ray tough....

Classic Daycruiser
07-04-2007, 09:19 PM
Ok....where are the pictures....or do we need to find them on sheriffs website under mugshot:eek: :eek: :eek:

Some Kind Of Monster
07-04-2007, 09:22 PM
Just saw it on the news. He was drunk with his wife and kid on board. Genius.

Jordy
07-04-2007, 10:55 PM
The Jbb, what does Brown have to do with this???? :confused: :confused: :confused:
p.s. RD still SUX!!! :D :D :D

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-05-2007, 07:15 AM
That sucks. Im glad that everyone is ok.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-05-2007, 07:19 AM
Just saw it on the news. He was drunk with his wife and kid on board. Genius.
Thats not good at all.....

LuckyStrike
07-05-2007, 07:31 AM
I have pics from 4 years ago Same spot and pics from 2 years ago Same F..ing Spot ....Pleasent Does Drop Folks.....Alot around the 4th...:eek: So much I pull the boat off the Lake .....

AZJD
07-05-2007, 07:36 AM
Um, ya that big chunk of land you had to go around to get out of the Marina......It's still there!:D

TAF
07-05-2007, 07:37 AM
I have pics from 4 years ago Same spot and pics from 2 years ago Same F..ing Spot ....Pleasent Does Drop Folks.....Alot around the 4th...:eek: So much I pull the boat off the Lake .....
When Photochic was out a couple weeks ago I awoke Sun. at 5 AM to see a yellow wakeboard boat that had almost done the same thing. It's nose was touching the water on the far side (back end and prop on top) of the rock bar leaving the marina just outside the bouys. They had it towed off by 10 or 11am Sun:sqeyes: :(

LuckyStrike
07-05-2007, 07:43 AM
When Photochic was out a couple weeks ago I awoke Sun. at 5 AM to see a yellow wakeboard boat that had almost done the same thing. It's nose was touching the water on the far side (back end and prop on top) of the rock bar leaving the marina just outside the bouys. They had it towed off by 10 or 11am Sun:sqeyes: :(
Yea they used the luckystrike to pull it off.. The Peoria Fire Boat was Broke:D

HM
07-05-2007, 08:20 AM
The driver's name was Bond.... James Bond..... he was a little shaken, not stirred
:D

Baja Big Dog
07-05-2007, 08:23 AM
Bilgie is gonna have a good time with this one...:D

Biglue
07-05-2007, 08:37 AM
Does anyone know where you can buy one of these all terrain boats? :D :D

syke-o
07-05-2007, 08:47 AM
so when did they put in a freestyle jump ramp??

squirt'nmyload
07-05-2007, 11:45 AM
what a fukkin moron

Chico&Zeus
07-05-2007, 11:59 AM
We seen this happen also, after the fireworks, I see this green light...(we were anchored at the north entrance of the Marina) this boat is movin' faster than it should be at night...all of the sudden, the light jumped into the air and we heard the "THUMP" the police boats showed up pretty quick so we just let them do their jobs. My younger brother is like "did they just hit land" and I'm like........either that or the Giant Squid got em':D

squirt'nmyload
07-05-2007, 12:02 PM
We seen this happen also, after the fireworks, I see this green light...(we were anchored at the north entrance of the Marina) this boat is movin' faster than it should be at night...all of the sudden, the light jumped into the air and we heard the "THUMP" the police boats showed up pretty quick so we just let them do their jobs. My younger brother is like "did they just hit land" and I'm like........either that or the Giant Squid got em':D
did you make it out to humbug last saturday? i thought i saw your boat as we were coming in at about 3ish :)

vee-driven
07-05-2007, 12:06 PM
i thought fountains were the only boats that came with 4 wheel drive. hahahahahah

Benjhamina
07-05-2007, 12:50 PM
I was on Mojave a couple of years ago and there is this natural rock jetty exposed at one of my favorite beaches and this dude in a jetboat keeps doing hot circles through our cove. So of course one time he comes in too hot and gets scared and lets off the gas. (he obvoiusly doesn't know how to drive a jet) He goes right at the rocks and jumps them cleanly to the water on the other side. We go running over to make sure he is ok and when I get over there the MFer has a baby in a car seat on the boat. I wanted to punch him in the face. We pulled him to shore to check the hull. It was ok and he was back at the hot laps after a good yelling at from his wife. I don't know if he kept the baby in the boat or not......

Chico&Zeus
07-05-2007, 04:31 PM
did you make it out to humbug last saturday? i thought i saw your boat as we were coming in at about 3ish :)
I was out for the "Maiden Voyage" on the A/C system....you didn't want to be around when it didn't work:mad: I stayed for a couple of hours but then said F-IT because I wanted to get home and re-check all of the wiring on the A/C. I wanted to get it fixed for Tuesday night (fireworks) because we were spending the night....electrical worked flawless.....damn plumbing was the problem this time:mad: :mad: Too drunk Tuesday night to work on it, Wednesday morning (with hangover) found problem...ran A/C for 30 minutes and went home. Packing up right now for Powell...going to be there for a week:)
We'll try to hook up with everyone when we get back from Powell...talked to Magic34 and he's thinking of getting togeather on the 28/29 of July at Pleasant.

squirt'nmyload
07-05-2007, 04:43 PM
I was out for the "Maiden Voyage" on the A/C system....you didn't want to be around when it didn't work:mad: I stayed for a couple of hours but then said F-IT because I wanted to get home and re-check all of the wiring on the A/C. I wanted to get it fixed for Tuesday night (fireworks) because we were spending the night....electrical worked flawless.....damn plumbing was the problem this time:mad: :mad: Too drunk Tuesday night to work on it, Wednesday morning (with hangover) found problem...ran A/C for 30 minutes and went home. Packing up right now for Powell...going to be there for a week:)
We'll try to hook up with everyone when we get back from Powell...talked to Magic34 and he's thinking of getting togeather on the 28/29 of July at Pleasant.
boat looks good. it looked like you were getting ready to head out. have a safe trip up there and we''ll see you when you get back!!

Tom Brown
07-05-2007, 05:13 PM
I'm thinking about asking my barber for a Steven Seagal so I look cool each weekend when I re-enact that Live and Let Die scene. :cool:

Moneypitt
07-05-2007, 07:17 PM
At least the Searay had an excuse, wasted......So why did the wakeboard boat hit it?...........MP

BadKachina
07-05-2007, 07:27 PM
Sea Ray has jumped the shark...........;)

HTM SR-24 Mitch
07-05-2007, 09:16 PM
I should have pictures this weekend. We took pictures in the morning of the boat still on the island. What a site. One 4th of July I will never forget.