PDA

View Full Version : Who goes to lake Arrowhead?

TRUMP TIGHT
07-05-2007, 12:43 PM
My buddy has a place up there i might be going to in a few weeks. Never been up there. Whats it like and how does your motor respond to the altitude?

Havasu1986
07-05-2007, 12:45 PM
My buddy has a place up there i might be going to in a few weeks. Never been up there. Whats it like and how does your motor respond to the altitude?
Boat or car. :confused:

TRUMP TIGHT
07-05-2007, 12:47 PM
Boat or car. :confused:
Boat. My 18 foot spectra.

Havasu1986
07-05-2007, 12:48 PM
Isn't Arrowhead a private lake. HavaSkank lives up near there.

Xlration Marine
07-05-2007, 12:50 PM
That's close to Big Bear. It wasn't that noticable on the engine performance. I want to go there, but I have read that it is a private lake. Not sure what the rules are for friends of owners, but it doesn't sound like a very user friendly place to take a vacation. Big Bear is a nice place to go to, but I here that it gets crazy there in the summer. End of May was great, kids still in scholl and had the place all to my own. Loved it.

TRUMP TIGHT
07-05-2007, 12:51 PM
Isn't Arrowhead a private lake. HavaSkank lives up near there.
If so the lake lice pop. should be low.

Xlration Marine
07-05-2007, 12:51 PM
http://www.bbmwd.org/recreati.htm
LUV IT.LOL

TRUMP TIGHT
07-05-2007, 12:58 PM
That's close to Big Bear. It wasn't that noticable on the engine performance. I want to go there, but I have read that it is a private lake. Not sure what the rules are for friends of owners, but it doesn't sound like a very user friendly place to take a vacation. Big Bear is a nice place to go to, but I here that it gets crazy there in the summer. End of May was great, kids still in scholl and had the place all to my own. Loved it.
Apparently, i will have access but we will see. My friend has a house and i have a pregnant girlfriend that needs some comfort.:rolleyes:Is big bear close enough to stay by arrowhead and boat on big bear?

Havasu1986
07-05-2007, 01:03 PM
Its about 30 minutes up the hill. Lots of curves to. :(

TRUMP TIGHT
07-05-2007, 01:04 PM
Its about 30 minutes up the hill. Lots of curves to. :(
Yeah the twist concern me a little.

jnmc
07-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Yep it's private, the Arrowhead Lake Assoc. is enforcing that the boat have to be registered in the same name as the property owner. You used to be able to get by being a relative, but it's a little tuff now.

djunkie
07-05-2007, 02:00 PM
More than likely you won't be boating on Arrowhead with your boat. Big Bear is about half an hour farther up the hill. Even with an 18ft boat it might be a little hairy towing that thing up the mountain.

Racey
07-05-2007, 02:31 PM
We have a bunch of customers from lake arrowhead with 22 schiadas, it's not that bad towing up there, just make sure you don't smoke surge brakes on the way down.
As far as getting your boat on the lake, you have to be a property owner or renting a home that is part of the ALA(arrowhead lake asso.) to get the paperwork and sticker to launch, I would talk to your buddy with the house and see if he can get it together for you.
It is a bitchin lake, beautiful up there, it does get rough in the day/afternoon if its busy up there though. Also i believe you can only get 89 octane at the dock up there,but with the altitude your boat will run a little fatter, you will notice some power difference, it think its ~5100 feet altitude. it's not a lake that you launch and pull out everyday, there is really only one launch ramp with one lane on the whole lake, and it is controlled by the ALA, you launch your boat and leave it in the dock for your duration of stay, most people leave their boats in the water at their docks all season.
If you do manage being able to get your boat on the lake, PLEASE make sure you have done the proper zebra quagga mussel deal on it, I'm sure they will find there way up there sooner or later but the later the better.:)
It really is a fun place, you'll have a blast up there, as a kid growing up we would go up there every summer for a few weeks out of the season, i had some of my best times as a kid up there! All my buddies that lived up there had little 12' whalers with 15hp outboards (with 9.9hp stickers:devil:) and we would tear the lake up all day long.:D ahhh memories....

Water Romper
07-05-2007, 02:50 PM
The night life is a bit sparce..they roll up the sidewalks after dark. :(
There are a couple restaurants that have a bar but not much for the kids. Blue Jay has a few things but again, very quiet.
It's nothing like Big Bear (As far as the entertainment goes anyway) Arrowhead it is a beautiful lake and the village has some “outlet” stores. There is a small arcade and a pizza joint on the upper level that the kids may enjoy. A lot of movie stars have cabins there too…maybe you will spot one.:D
You can’t launch a boat unless you live there and have “lake rights”
I want to say they have motor restrictions like Tahoe but I am not sure about that…

socalmoney
07-05-2007, 03:45 PM
I hear people who live on the outskirts of Arrow Head boat on Silverlake. Any comments on that body of water.

Baja Big Dog
07-05-2007, 03:47 PM
The Cuz has a place up there. You cant put a boat on the water unless your nose is up the ass of the association, then you can drive your boat around in a circle at 35 MPH, and you WILL get a ticket if you exceed that speed.
Bunch of snobs, no party life, no noise, they would prefer you don't even use their air to breathe if you don't belong to the right 'Association".
Don't loose the trolling motor, it will soon be an electric motor only lake....
Go up and have fun.......
I can tell you Skank is not part of the "snob" gang!!!

Throttle
07-05-2007, 04:28 PM
I do, when its burning...

HavaSkank
07-05-2007, 06:26 PM
In order to put your boat on Arrowhead you have to blow the Mayor and toss the salad of all members of City Council.....and give me $5.00
Even if your buddy/cousin has lake rights, the boat has to be registered in his/her name AND you have to take a ridiculous boating test in order to get an operating license to be on the water.
The public cant even SWIM on this lake unless they're staying at the Resort.
Big Bear kinda sucks if you ask me. There's a serious seaweed problem this time of year so if you have a jet you'll spend the day under the transom. Because of the elevation you have to adjust the carborator or else the boat will run 'fer shiat.
Silverwood is teeny tiny and is polluted with illegal immigrants and boating amatuers. You'll spend the day getting knifed by some ex-con in a relic Glaston.
I live up here, yet I voluntarily and PURPOSELY boat on Havasu, Mojave and Mead.
Now if you want to come up for a weekend to get out of the smog and heat, the Lake Arrowhead Village has pretty good concerts on Saturday afternoons. They had a band there last night that was a lot of fun. You can drink beer, listen to live music and make fun of the dorks who walk around in Top Siders and flipped up collars on their pink Polo shirts.
I run a Brothel up here, so if you come into town and want a ball wash with an around the world, call me.

HavaSkank
07-05-2007, 06:27 PM
I do, when its burning...
Have I said thank you for saving my house yet?

1 Baja Guy
07-05-2007, 07:23 PM
In order to put your boat on Arrowhead you have to blow the Mayor and toss the salad of all members of City Council.....and give me $5.00
Even if your buddy/cousin has lake rights, the boat has to be registered in his/her name AND you have to take a ridiculous boating test in order to get an operating license to be on the water.
Big Bear kinda sucks if you ask me. There's a serious seaweed problem this time of year so if you have a jet you'll spend the day under the transom. Because of the elevation you have to adjust the carborator or else the boat will run 'fer shiat.
Silverwood is teeny tiny and is polluted with illegal immigrants and boating amatuers. You'll spend the day getting knifed by some ex-con in a relic Glaston.
I live up here, yet I voluntarily and PURPOSELY boat on Havasu, Mojave and Mead.
Now if you want to come up for a weekend to get out of the smog and heat, the Lake Arrowhead Village has pretty good concerts on Saturday afternoons. They had a band there last night that was a lot of fun. You can drink beer, listen to live music and make fun of the dorks who walk around in Top Siders and flipped up collars on their pink Polo shirts.
I run a Brothel up here, so if you come into town and want a ball wash with an around the world, call me.
Your right... Just for the privilege of owning a dock I pay 500.00 a year, 200.00 for the boat and 15.00 for the bullshait lic. Oh yeah 650.00 for a prop. so I can get the boat up to 35mph. Yes the village is about the only thing that worth going to when the have good bands in the summer . The "Answer" played Tues. and are great. Over the 4th we all tied up in north bay and had a mini "Steam Boat" LMAO Havi style.. I still love Havi but I have to say there are good times up here too getting drunk and dock hoping all day.:) :)

HavaSkank
07-05-2007, 07:27 PM
"The Answer" was great! Those old boys rocked! I saw The Tiajuana Dogs yesterday. The lead singer had a really really nice ass.
You gotta go to Papa Gayos outdoor patio for a marg and shrimp taco. I drank 3 yesterday and molested the midget bartender.

1 Baja Guy
07-05-2007, 07:36 PM
LMAO
I was there yesterday too...About 3:30 .. I don't think the food is as good as it was at the old place or in the marina ... but thats me I guess. But then I dont like guys.....:)

HavaSkank
07-05-2007, 07:39 PM
Hmmmm....I was there around 4:00 ish :idea:
Did ya happen to notice a skanky blonde in camo flood pants and a white tank top?

1 Baja Guy
07-05-2007, 07:44 PM
No .... Not yesterday , but Tuesday I did ..she was dancing on the grass behind the cheap seats LOL..
Hmmmm....I was there around 4:00 ish :idea:
Did ya happen to notice a skanky blonde in camo flood pants and a white tank top?

HavaSkank
07-05-2007, 07:45 PM
I was there on Tuesday but I didnt venture further than 10 ft from the beer booth. It's where the locals pretend not to know each other.

1 Baja Guy
07-05-2007, 07:51 PM
We were standing there too. I caught a tee shirt right in front of there beer stand. Didn't even spill it..Not sure if I'm a local.. Been there sense 1991...
I was there on Tuesday but I didnt venture further than 10 ft from the beer booth. It's where the locals pretend not to know each other.

Baja Big Dog
07-05-2007, 07:52 PM
LMAO
I was there yesterday too...About 3:30 .. I don't think the food is as good as it was at the old place or in the marina ... but thats me I guess. But then I dont like guys.....:)
Then your in the wrong place, better bring your little Audi convertible with your docksiders and little white lap dog like the rest of the fags that hang out there!!!

HavaSkank
07-05-2007, 07:54 PM
You bastard! YOU were the one who elbowed me in the left tit for a lame tshirt!
hehe, I was probably making fun of you to my friends :D

1 Baja Guy
07-05-2007, 07:56 PM
Oh did you see me there? I thought they look good riding my Harley...:D
Then your in the wrong place, better bring your little Audi convertible with your docksiders and little white lap dog like the rest of the fags that hang out there!!!

Baja Big Dog
07-05-2007, 07:56 PM
Your the one that put the skuff mark on his topsiders...you BITCH!!!!:D

1 Baja Guy
07-05-2007, 07:57 PM
No I was the one who grabbed your boob.. I think...

Baja Big Dog
07-05-2007, 07:58 PM
Oh did you see me there? I thought they look good riding my Harley...:D
How does that Sportster run in the altitude?:confused:

1 Baja Guy
07-05-2007, 08:05 PM
It runs so so up here.. But the tasiles (sp) don't fly like the do down the hill.. Must be the thin air:)
How does that Sportster run in the altitude?:confused:

HavaSkank
07-05-2007, 08:12 PM
Okay Baja Boys, the next time you're up here you need to give me a little heads up so you can buy mine beers. Sheeeesh. Inconsiderate phucks

1 Baja Guy
07-05-2007, 08:16 PM
No.. I think the beers will be on you.... Being with cool people costs.... :D
Okay Baja Boys, the next time you're up here you need to give me a little heads up so you can buy mine beers. Sheeeesh. Inconsiderate phucks

HavaSkank
07-05-2007, 08:18 PM
Seriously, I wanna see a pic of you. I want to know if I saw you on Tuesday.

1 Baja Guy
07-05-2007, 08:21 PM
Everybody thinks I look like Paul Sr. with dock siders ;) Pm me I will send you one...

Baja Big Dog
07-05-2007, 08:25 PM
Everybody thinks I look like Paul Sr. with dock siders ;) Pm me I will send you one...
He actually had a chick in Cabo (drunk chick) tell him she was gonna blow him if he said he was Paul Sr........
The Fag said he wasnt him!!!! Holy shit...:D

HavaSkank
07-05-2007, 08:27 PM
I'd blow him if he looked like Paul Lynde

Havasu1986
07-05-2007, 08:31 PM
I'd blow him if he looked like Paul Lynde
Is that your stalker from last Sat. :D

HavaSkank
07-05-2007, 08:37 PM
Is that your stalker from last Sat. :D
Oh no. My stalker couldnt hold a candle to Paul Lynde.

Baja Big Dog
07-05-2007, 08:38 PM
Sent....:D

lalhc
07-05-2007, 08:55 PM
Papagayos has the best margaritas :D .
The Village has been attracting some great groups for weekend concerts. I rent my dock out now for the summers and live and boat in Havasu during the summer. We're leaving Monday and won't return till school starts :devil:

HavaSkank
07-05-2007, 08:58 PM
Baller. Sure, rub it in my face that I actually have to work for a living. You take your Top Siders and polo shirt wearing ass off the mountain! who needs ya.
Gimme your address. I want to go rifle through your shit while you vacation.

lalhc
07-05-2007, 09:02 PM
I still gotta work, but I just work remote. Hell, I pay for it, my nephew stays at my house and has party's every night.

HighRoller
07-05-2007, 09:04 PM
Damn...And I thought all the skanks lived in the 909...

HavaSkank
07-05-2007, 09:06 PM
I still gotta work, but I just work remote. Hell, I pay for it, my nephew stays at my house and has party's every night.
Pass my number to the nephew. He's into scary Cougars, right?

lalhc
07-05-2007, 09:08 PM
He's into everything - he's 18, legal, and a recent Rim High grad

HavaSkank
07-05-2007, 09:09 PM
Shit, I probably know him! My daughter just graduated too

lalhc
07-05-2007, 09:11 PM
You probably do, he was pretty well known. He played Varsity Football & Baseball the past several years.

HavaSkank
07-05-2007, 09:13 PM
Yep. Now I know I probably know him. My daughter was a cheerleader and her best buds are the jocks. Hmmm...Swedlow? Brandenburger? Baxter? Madrigal?

HighRoller
07-05-2007, 09:20 PM
Know him? She probably DID HIM! Those dudes from the hood ain't payin' out...

HavaSkank
07-05-2007, 09:21 PM
I do like'em young...which explains why I've been banned from the Boy Scout Camp

lalhc
07-05-2007, 09:22 PM
Offerman

HighRoller
07-05-2007, 09:23 PM
I do like'em young...which explains why I've been banned from the Boy Scout Camp
And from teaching sex-ed. The textbook will suffice but you had to go into classroom demonstrations, didn't ya'!

HavaSkank
07-05-2007, 09:25 PM
Offerman
Matt's a good kid! He's a close friend of my daughter.

HavaSkank
07-05-2007, 09:26 PM
And from teaching sex-ed. The textbook will suffice but you had to go into classroom demonstrations, didn't ya'!
It was the scratch and sniff demonstration that got me into trouble

lalhc
07-05-2007, 09:29 PM
Yes, he is a good kid. It has been great watching all those boys grow up over the years. Matt & Daylan are going to be roommates in college next year. I don't mind him having a few friends over while he's at my house. I have my neighbors and my sister to make sure things don't get out of hand while we're gone. We would be in Havasu now, but my 13 yr old son is still playing baseball. We had a game this evening in Running Springs and lost :devil:

HighRoller
07-05-2007, 09:30 PM
It was the scratch and sniff demonstration that got me into trouble
I'm not touching that one...at least that's what he said....

HavaSkank
07-05-2007, 09:32 PM
Tayler (my kid) and Matt went to a Home Coming dance at Redlands East Valley this year. It turned into a dramafest, which they'll be able to laugh their asses off once they're older.
I heard Daylan is going to Univ of Redlands. Is Matt going there too?

lalhc
07-05-2007, 09:39 PM
Yes, they're both going to Redlands. Daylan pretty much has a free ride. Matt's really excited about Redlands. He was done w/Rim after he had an orientation at Redlands during Easter. He also had an opportunity to go to University of La Verne. Most of our family lives in La Verne, and my sister (Matt's mom) is a U of LV alum. Both of them are going to play football & baseball.

HavaSkank
07-05-2007, 09:41 PM
Yeah, I remember Matt saying he wanted to go to hs at Damien. My ex-husband went to Damien.
U of R is a GREAT school. We'll definately go watch the boys play this year

lalhc
07-05-2007, 09:48 PM
He would of never lasted at Damien. All he would think about would be the weekends so he could go scam on the Pomona Catholic (PC) and St. Juicy, I mean Lucy girls.
Matt & Daylan won't find out till the season starts if they're going to be able to suit up this year. I am pretty sure Daylan will, but they may have Matt pump iron for a year. I can't wait to go watch them. I am sure my sister will have her cow bell at every game like she has since Matt was 8 years old.

1 Baja Guy
07-05-2007, 09:49 PM
Small world my son went there too. When we lived in La Verne. He was class of 2002
Yeah, I remember Matt saying he wanted to go to hs at Damien. My ex-husband went to Damien.
U of R is a GREAT school. We'll definately go watch the boys play this year

TRUMP TIGHT
07-09-2007, 07:36 AM
So, my final decision is..... F THAT!!!
Sounds like waaaaayyy too much hasel for way too little fun.

lalhc
07-09-2007, 07:50 AM
Wise decision on your part. Hell, it's a hassle to get my own boat on the water. Like 1 Baja Guy mentioned, we're charged annually to allow our docks to float in addition to our ALA registration fees. They even charge to put my damn kayak in the water, even though I stopped paying that one several years ago.

TRUMP TIGHT
07-09-2007, 07:54 AM
Wise decision on your part. Hell, it's a hassle to get my own boat on the water. Like 1 Baja Guy mentioned, we're charged annually to allow our docks to float in addition to our ALA registration fees. They even charge to put my damn kayak in the water, even though I stopped paying that one several years ago.
Yea....a kayak, thats ridiculous!

meaniam
07-10-2007, 09:40 AM
you all are a bunch of crack heads:D damn i miss being able to go onto lake arrowhead. setting up the water ballon luancher from the dock and taking aim. while barbaqueing and watching the fireworks on the 4th. i had heard they really tightened up on the rules up there. but the lake patrol does give you warnings more then fines. remember one thing it is a good old boy area up there. meaning they will take care of thier own. i really think there is no chance in hell youll get your boat on the water of arrowhead.
big bear has no beaches for boaters and the water is cold. the wind blows all the time and you will lose 5 to 10 mph on top end. i like this lake alot very few lake lice choppy as hell. boulder bay is cool to hang out
silverwood is a bit of a drive from arrowhead and has a steep decline driving down old mill road to get there. will most likely heat your brakes up. need to check your grease on your bearing when you get down. stay away from the snack bar area. whihc is where raidor nation is at along with lake lice rentals and it will be a nice day
when going out in lake arrowhead if someone states lets do dinner at borderline. do yourself a favor and skip it. Mcdonalds will be better. el papa gayos or however you spell it is alright.
have fun.
the entertainment in the village is pretty good