PDA

View Full Version : Private High Def video of your boat/s...

Spotondl
07-05-2007, 05:04 PM
As some may know, I am the exec/technical producer for some of the offshore racing circuit races... I am doing the POPRA race later this month, July 22. As part of that production I have a $500,000 Cineflex camera mounted on an airplane, with pilot and operator available the week prior to the race. If you are manufacturer or a team that would like to have some true HD footage for commercials, print ads, promotions, etc. or just someone that would love to see their boat on plane in the big blue in HD PM me and I can get you a screaming deal on a private session on the ocean in Long Beach, basically prop time & operator time... Thought I would throw that out here since it is available...
Example video... same airplane, same operator & pilot that will be flying in a couple of weeks. Internet compression sucks but you can get the idea...
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=12336925

vmjtc3
07-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Nice, sounds like a good offer.:) To bad I have nothing worth putting on Hd:(

pw_Tony
07-05-2007, 07:29 PM
What do you use to edit? Looks like possibly FinalCut Pro?

Spotondl
07-05-2007, 08:02 PM
What do you use to edit? Looks like possibly FinalCut Pro?
Indeed.. FC Pro 5 HD
The camera is a Sony HDC-950 mounted in a gyrostabilized Cineflex housing... Makes for some awesome footage...

Havasu Hangin'
07-06-2007, 08:08 AM
Like this? (http://www.scopeinfo.com/Videos/Catalina/2004-1-Kenny.wmv)

yopengo
07-06-2007, 08:12 AM
I have a neighbor that likes to tan naked in the back yard. Can you do a fly by and get some HD of her? :idea: :D

jayd_jr
07-06-2007, 08:55 AM
I have a neighbor that likes to tan naked in the back yard. Can you do a fly by and get some HD of her? :idea: :D
Can I get your address and I will take the pics....:devil:

Spotondl
07-06-2007, 09:08 AM
Like this? (http://www.scopeinfo.com/Videos/Catalina/2004-1-Kenny.wmv)
Sort of, that footage was shot out the side of a helicopter and was restricted to that one angle...
The major difference is that we can fly 360 degrees around and directly over in very smooth moves... Also, with the lens on the Cine, we can focus on sponsor graphics, manufacturer graphics, in this example Kenny would have seen his mug, full frame, from time to time...
Highlighting sponsors in incredible beauty shots goes a LONG LONG way...
What's the address... we can get fuzz and morning dew from so far away that she will never know that she was being filmed... :D :D :D

V-DRIVE VIDEO
07-06-2007, 10:11 AM
It doesn't get any better than that!
I've worked for spotondl several times and his equipment and quality are best in the biz. If you are someone who needs to make a promotional or sponshorship video here is your chance to get top quality footage for you to arrange later depending on your application.
Check out his short sample (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=12359120)
Video samples are downsized for internet play so they are a much lower quality than the original media.

Spotondl
07-06-2007, 12:49 PM
It doesn't get any better than that!
I've worked for spotondl several times and his equipment and quality are best in the biz. If you are someone who needs to make a promotional or sponshorship video here is your chance to get top quality footage for you to arrange later depending on your application.
Check out his short sample (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=12359120)
Video samples are downsized for internet play so they are a much lower quality than the original media.
Thanks Jerry...
Just to give an idea. The show rate for this plane, camera, pilot & operator starts @ $25K and is used on Monday Night Football, NBA, PGA, MLB, NASCAR, etc as the HD blimp shot or HD overhead stadium shot when a Cablecam goes down or is not installed... Because the plane is idle the week prior to the races I have access to it for literally pennies on the dollar...
Another cool thing about the plane is that it is faster than a helicopter so it can keep up with the really fast guys on the water... ;) ;) ;)

V-DRIVE VIDEO
07-06-2007, 06:36 PM
Thanks Jerry...
Just to give an idea. The show rate for this plane, camera, pilot & operator starts @ $25K and is used on Monday Night Football, NBA, PGA, MLB, NASCAR, etc as the HD blimp shot or HD overhead stadium shot when a Cablecam goes down or is not installed... Because the plane is idle the week prior to the races I have access to it for literally pennies on the dollar...
Another cool thing about the plane is that it is faster than a helicopter so it can keep up with the really fast guys on the water... ;) ;) ;)
Maybe you could send him by Long Beach stadium. I'll be in need of some cool B roll for the August race... ;)

pw_Tony
07-07-2007, 11:21 PM
As some may know, I am the exec/technical producer for some of the offshore racing circuit races... I am doing the Catalina Ski Race and the POPRA race later this month, July 21 & 22. As part of that production I have a $500,000 Cineflex camera mounted on an airplane, with pilot and operator available the week prior to the race. If you are manufacturer or a team that would like to have some true HD footage for commercials, print ads, promotions, etc. or just someone that would love to see their boat on plane in the big blue in HD PM me and I can get you a screaming deal on a private session on the ocean in Long Beach, basically prop time & operator time... Thought I would throw that out here since it is available...
Example video... same airplane, same operator & pilot that will be flying in a couple of weeks. Internet compression sucks but you can get the idea...
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=12336925
That Vid is just sweet! The music matches the editing perfect... that song kicks ass too, they did the same thing in that movie Transformers...but you did it first ;)

SternDrive1
07-08-2007, 04:30 AM
Spotondl,
If you convert those videos to Divx, then you can post them in 720p or 1080i on the the divx website:http://stage6.divx.com/?cid=divxtopnav
They will host your video indefinitely and I've uploaded huge HD files there.
It's a shame to waste good footage on a youtube like website.
You can also link to the website just like youtube.....
SternDrive

reb939
07-08-2007, 07:53 AM
Are you going to be working with Goldfinger to film the Catalina ski race?
They put on a excellent show last year and the DVD came out great.
If you are not working with Goldfinger and will be producing another DVD of the race let me know, I would be interested in a copy

Spotondl
07-08-2007, 10:07 PM
Are you going to be working with Goldfinger to film the Catalina ski race?
They put on a excellent show last year and the DVD came out great.
If you are not working with Goldfinger and will be producing another DVD of the race let me know, I would be interested in a copy
I was the one who put that show together for Goldfinger and was sitting in the directors chair for the live Jumboscreen show. Jeff edited the DVD which turned out very cool indeed. Hopefully there will be a few DVD's highlighting the Long Beach Seafest, Catalina ski race and the POPRA offshore race on Sunday. Those details to come after the live show.

Spotondl
07-08-2007, 10:09 PM
That Vid is just sweet! The music matches the editing perfect... that song kicks ass too, they did the same thing in that movie Transformers...but you did it first ;)
Thanks. The editing was done by the guy that was actually operating the camera on all of those shots. I too was very impressed with the way that compilation turned out.

Spotondl
07-08-2007, 10:11 PM
Spotondl,
If you convert those videos to Divx, then you can post them in 720p or 1080i on the the divx website:http://stage6.divx.com/?cid=divxtopnav
They will host your video indefinitely and I've uploaded huge HD files there.
It's a shame to waste good footage on a youtube like website.
You can also link to the website just like youtube.....
SternDrive
Great tip... Thanks... I will play with that sometime soon after things settle down from this upcoming race...