PDA

View Full Version : Boat interior stains

Lavey29
07-06-2007, 04:48 PM
Hey everyone, I was out last week at Havasu and my 3 year olds new 4th of July bathing suit bled blue dye all over my white interior :jawdrop: I guess it did not get washed before we left. I have tried Mr. Clean, Vinyl sauce, Simple Green, some liquid stuff with bleach and nothing seems to take it out. Any suggestions on how to clean it??? Thanks for the help...

GHT
07-06-2007, 04:49 PM
Hey everyone, I was out last week at Havasu and my 3 year olds new 4th of July bathing suit bled blue dye all over my white interior :jawdrop: I guess it did not get washed before we left. I have tried Mr. Clean, Vinyl sauce, Simple Green, some liquid stuff with bleach and nothing seems to take it out. Any suggestions on how to clean it??? Thanks for the help...
Did you try the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser? That gets EVERYTHING off...

SmokinLowriderSS
07-06-2007, 05:21 PM
I don't know the name of the product, but there exists something that is designed to remove KOOL-AID stains from carpeting and upholstery (without it, that task is impossible).
Check with some coomercial cleaning people or apartment complex people for advice here and it may be the magic bullet you need.

DMOORE
07-06-2007, 05:27 PM
I've used Soft Scrub to get stains out on white vinal.
Darrell.

OverKill
07-06-2007, 05:33 PM
Trust me on this. Use OXY Clean. Apply the powder right on the stain, spray some purified water on it, use a bristel brush and start scrubing. I swear it works. I have white seats and thats all that will get the dirt and stains out.

Zaairman
07-06-2007, 05:34 PM
Magic Eraser or Soft Scrub.

Classic Daycruiser
07-06-2007, 05:41 PM
Buy the 3 year old a red bathing suit and do it again this weekend. It will be very patriotic:D :D :D (red/ white / and blue):idea:

Lavey29
07-06-2007, 06:07 PM
Thanks guys, I have tried soft scrub and the magic eraser with negative results...Will try that oxy clean stuff and see what happens...

Lavey29
07-06-2007, 06:07 PM
Buy the 3 year old a red bathing suit and do it again this weekend. It will be very patriotic:D :D :D (red/ white / and blue):idea:
If only everything in life was this simple....thanks for the suggestion :D

2Driver
07-06-2007, 06:53 PM
Did you try the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser? That gets EVERYTHING off...
Yeah and the first layer of everything. I've found them to remove the stain but are damaging abrasive.

Mandelon
07-06-2007, 06:58 PM
Sunlight. It should fade over time. Use this as an excuse to use the boat every weekend. :D
If Oxyclean doesn't do it, check with a supply house for professional cleaners, like Waxie janitorial supply.

OverKill
07-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Thanks guys, I have tried soft scrub and the magic eraser with negative results...Will try that oxy clean stuff and see what happens...
Lavey for real if it don't work I will be in Parker for Labor Day weekend and will buy it from you. It also works great for cleaning your tile on the floor and if you have a white refrigerator it works well there to. Heck I even brush my teeth with it J/K
OverKill

Ziggy
07-06-2007, 08:08 PM
Mandelon has the right answer, sunlight will fade it out over some time.
ZEP has a product I've used for ballpoint pen ink...forgot the name but its something like #57 or 357 or ????? Got it at Home Depot.

LEADFOOTjosh
07-06-2007, 08:38 PM
i know your gonna think I am nuts.. but try some UNLEADED GASOLINE.. works like a champ.. trust me.. i use it on mine never had any problems. just wipe it down with soapy ater after you wipe it clean with the gas..

Ziggy
07-06-2007, 08:42 PM
i know your gonna think I am nuts.. but try some UNLEADED GASOLINE.. works like a champ.. trust me.. i use it on mine never had any problems. just wipe it down with soapy ater after you wipe it clean with the gas..
An off-brand would be better too, less 'other' additives ;) Mostly, if you have to resort to this harsh a chemical, you need to renurish the material with some vinyl treatment. Long term use will definetely yellow white the vinyl.

LEADFOOTjosh
07-06-2007, 08:44 PM
An off-brand would be better too, less 'other' additives ;) Mostly, if you have to resort to this harsh a chemical, you need to renurish the material with some vinyl treatment. Long term use will definetely yellow white the vinyl.
good point.. but the gas will brightn that sh*t right up..

Old school Ultra
07-06-2007, 08:48 PM
My wife the Queen of clean recommends a little baby oil on a microfiber towel... Cant hurt

lalhc
07-06-2007, 08:52 PM
Magic Eraser & sunlight will take it off over a couple of weeks. I had the same problem w/my wifes bathing suit that she's not allowed to wear on the boat anymore. I was freaking when that damn stain wouldn't come off, but it eventually did.

KineticoH20
07-06-2007, 09:16 PM
There is a guy floatin around the forum with a really good product called junkyard juice. His website is junkyardjuice.com it works great on boat seats.

GHT
07-06-2007, 09:34 PM
Magic Eraser or Soft Scrub.
Okay, it might seem a little extream but...... A new upholstery for your boat sounds like the BEST and only fix... Let me know if you find a good upholstery guy because I need one too.
Don:D

Big Inch
07-06-2007, 11:09 PM
There is a product made by Mopar called Total Clean. You used to be able to get it through the Dodge dealerships. I live in Cali and several years ago they discontinued it in California. Not sure if it's available out of state but this stuff is amazing. When I found out it was being discontinued I bought all of the remaining stock from my local dealership and still have a few cans left. You can check a Dodge dealership for it if you are not from California. I have used this on virtually every type of stain imaginable and it works. It removed stains on my white seats when I took one of my wife's friends out on the boat and her bikini bled on it, another reason to only allow girls in G-strings on the boat, as if we needed another:devil: If you can't find it, or another means to remove the stain. I should be in Havasu every weekend for the next month or so and I keep a can on the boat and would be happy to let you sample it if you are around.

boatnam2
07-07-2007, 12:52 AM
Swing by lavey they have some stuff that will take off just about anything,if it will not take it off, probaly looking at redoing the seats or living with the stains.

Wavemaker
07-07-2007, 04:18 PM
Try using whatever you used to get the blue stains off your child, (lol). Seriously, let us know if the Oxy-Clen worked.

Daytona100
07-07-2007, 06:50 PM
Ask Kilr what he used on his DCB He SHIT all over the seats and managed to clean it up!!!!!!!!!:D

desertbird
07-07-2007, 11:04 PM
Check out Boat Bling's "Vinyl Sauce"
...all of the "Sauce" products are the $hit ..er I mean, the sauce!
:D

Bite the Bullet
07-08-2007, 09:21 AM
Same thing happened to me. I took the cushions out and placed them in the sun and the stains faded very quickly. All of those "cleaners" were useless.

OKIE-JET
07-08-2007, 09:44 AM
Fast Orange waterless hand cleaner worked perfect for me.

Lavey29
07-08-2007, 03:44 PM
Thanks a lot for all the interesting suggestions to get this crap off my seats. I have tried most of them with no luck but still need to try the OXY clean and the orange stuff. I am pretty sure that you guys are right and a few weeks in 118 degrees should bleach them out (I hope). This is the first time in 20 years of boating that I have had this problem on my white interior seats. I appreciate all the helpfull advice... :D

Seasday
07-08-2007, 04:27 PM
Thanks a lot for all the interesting suggestions to get this crap off my seats. I have tried most of them with no luck but still need to try the OXY clean and the orange stuff. I am pretty sure that you guys are right and a few weeks in 118 degrees should bleach them out (I hope). This is the first time in 20 years of boating that I have had this problem on my white interior seats. I appreciate all the helpfull advice... :D
had orange and blue all over one cushion. So far used the Eraser and the OXY/Sunlight. Getting much better, going round two today. I will try the hand clearner next. A little afraid of the unleaded!

phebus
07-08-2007, 07:45 PM
I suggest that if you have trouble removing stains, you try to let the sun bleach them out before you try every chemical in the world. You may find that you destroy the vinyl and shorten it's life by a great extent.