PDA

View Full Version : Scanner

Jerrys59
07-07-2007, 04:28 PM
Sounds like they had a boating Accident out off windsor somewhere. They said 5 transported to the hospital and 1 was unaccounted for. They have divers down looking now. Said the boat was a Aftershock.

Havasu1986
07-07-2007, 05:52 PM
Sounds like they had a boating Accident out off windsor somewhere. They said 5 transported to the hospital and 1 was unaccounted for. They have divers down looking now. Said the boat was a Aftershock.
:(

RitcheyRch
07-07-2007, 06:01 PM
Not good news thats for sure.

Zimm944
07-07-2007, 06:03 PM
I hope the best for all involved.

YeLLowBoaT
07-07-2007, 07:15 PM
thats not good to hear.

Jerrys59
07-07-2007, 07:30 PM
Heard they got the boat up and getting ready to put it on the trailer. That was about 45 min ago. said major damage.

jamesnismo2006
07-07-2007, 07:34 PM
Wish them the best.

Jokers Wild Havasu
07-07-2007, 07:55 PM
Saw the boat looked like a cat floating tips up with a flotation bag attached. It was in the middle of the lake between Windsor and Havasu Landing.

RitcheyRch
07-07-2007, 08:20 PM
Lets hope this doesnt become a trend. Sure dont like hearing of accidents.

6 Dollar Boat
07-07-2007, 09:07 PM
I saw a big cat that was all tore up being towed up 95. It was being followed by a sheriff's truck and the name on the boat was " Top Gun ".

H20Advantage
07-07-2007, 09:09 PM
5 injured, 1 missing after boat accident
Saturday, July 7, 2007 9:40 PM MST
Five people were injured and one was left missing after a single-boat accident off Windsor Beach Saturday.
According to Mohave County Sheriff's Office officials, a 1992 Awesome 30-foot Daycruiser was traveling southeast in the north basin, about one-mile from the Windsor Beach launch ramps at Lake Havasu State Park.
MCSO reports that due to congested boat traffic, the 72-year-old male operator made a hard turn to starboard (right), causing the boat to roll and ejecting himself and five passengers.
Witnesses said the vessel may have been trying to avoid another boat and hit a wake when it went out of control at 4:14 p.m. and it may have tumbled several times and broken apart.
MCSO has recovered the boat and it was brought into shore for further investigation. The vessel is reported to have suffered “significant damage.”
MCSO, assisted by Lake Havasu City Police Department and San Bernardino County Sheriff's Office, conducted rescue dive operations until nearly 8 p.m. Saturday before calling off the search because of darkness. The search for the missing 21-year-old man will resume this morning.
The identities of the victims were not available pending investigation and notification of next-of-kin. Battalion Chief Mike Quijada of the Lake Havasu City Fire Department said the injured included one woman and four men.
Two of the injured were classified as needing immediate medical attention, Quijada said, while the other three were less-seriously injured. All five were transported to Havasu Regional Medical Center.
Alcohol may have been a factor in the crash and investigation is ongoing.

Zimm944
07-07-2007, 09:21 PM
I have never heard of that boat company, cat or v. Daycruisier makes me think v but others have seen a wrecked cat?

Shockwave 25
07-08-2007, 07:51 PM
Its not good to hear things like this. I hope all is well. I have friends that know this Cat "Top Gun" was an awesome boat.

Wmc
07-08-2007, 08:09 PM
is that Bernie's boat? he makes whipple parts in havasu. I hope not

frdvschvy
07-09-2007, 09:25 AM
is that Bernie's boat? he makes whipple parts in havasu. I hope not
Hope not. They were launching the same time we were on Saturday morning. I remember the boat clearly because it was quite large, had old school lines and small Whipple logos on the side. Saw the scene on the water in the afternoon and felt sick to my stomach. Hate seeing and hearing about boat accidents. My regards to the families of those involved.