PDA

View Full Version : River Trip - Priceless

rmarion
07-08-2007, 08:43 PM
First weekend river trip to Blythe
1. Ran the boat last week for the 1st time of the season at Lake Elsinore. Steering cable was froze up.
2. Tige Corona Water sports, said bring in the boat on Thursday for repair.
3. While returning Boat to storage on Monday, tarp ripped to shreds. Tarps on order.
4. Brought in Boat for repair and took her home after repair complete.
5. Came home Friday at 5:15 pm. Had to ready boat, install speakers, skis, boards etc. Check tire pressureÂ….. rear side wall tire crackedÂ…Â…Â…Â….getting ready to replace with spareÂ…..all 4 tires are cracked and tread ready to separate. 3 y/o boat & tires.
6. Friday 5:30 PM, debating weather to cancel trip, Wifey said youngest is excited about trip and is brining two friendsÂ…Â…Â…Â….yep my 19 y/oÂ…Â….
7. Friday 5:45 pm, called seven local tire stores, all stores closed at 6 pm, but can order tires and have ready for install at 8 am Saturday.
8. Friday 5:50 pm, called one more tire store, Just Tires – Corona, open till 8PM, have set of tires, Goodyear Marathon, bring her in, will get her done. $558
9. Saturday morning into Blythe, Breakfast for 7 at Steaks & Cakes $75, two rooms at Roach Motel $140.
10. Get the boat on the water around 9am.
11. Playing in water, boarding around second bridge, few boats see local LEO, wave to LEOÂ’s, local LEO flips on lights and pulls us over.
12. Local LEO, do you know why I’m pulling you over, Me – NO, Local LEO, your two passengers are sitting on side of Boat ( they were sitting on the cushion side storage compartments which are 12” wide, their feet resting on the seats inside the boat) , that’s illegal and I’m gonna write you up. That’s two infractions, (Local LEO had started paper work, and running boat ID before were even tied up). Local LEO, were gonna conduct a Boat inspection, Me – OK. Local LEO, you have seven passengers, you must have at least seven Coast Guard approved vest, we have 8 vests, plus 12 orange Coast Guard approved. Local LEO – Ok that’s good. Local LEO – Show me you’re Fire Extinguisher. Me – OK (now thinking 3 Y/O fire Ext, probably no good) I hand him the POS fire extinguesur that was barely in the green, which probably can’t extinguish a cigarette, but is approved. Local LEO, you need to shake the fire extinguisher up once a month. ME – I’ll take note on that. Local LEO, please sound you horn, (it works), Local LEO- do you know when you should operate your horn? Me – while over taking another vessel. Local LEO – also while entering a marina or cove. Me – thank you, Local LEO – show me you throw able cushion. Me – I get the cushion from the storage compartment. Local LEO – the throw able cushion must be within reach of the driver, this is another infraction. Me - if there was an emergency, I would probably toss a life vest before I toss that cushion. Local LEO – since you passed the attitude test, I will not write you up for the throw able cushion and only one passenger infraction. Me – Thank you, would you like some water and have a nice day. How I really feel, all I’ll say, they would have shot me if I didn’t pass the attitude test. Like I said, Barney Fifthe and Deputy Dog were writing me up before we were hooked up to there boat. Thirty five years of boating (I thought safety) you learn something new everyday. We were wake boarding an ruining at 17 mph. NO other boats around. Last time I wave at the LEO.
13. Saturday dinner at the Sunset grille - $100
14. Sunday breakfast at Micky Dees - $45
15. Sunday boarding, 19 y/o goes wake to wake for his first time.
16. 19 y/o loses $100 sunglasses in river (no floaties, I finally purchased floaties after my 2nd pair of Ray Bans took a dive. Like father like son), son now pissed off.
17. Returning home, late lunch at Del Taco - $40
18. Kids are driving Moms 04 Ford Expedition, (oldest son driving) kids pull away from us and head on home, trying to get my Daughter in-law home earlier. SheÂ’s has a midnight work shift.
19. As were transitioning onto the 60 from the 10, thereÂ’s a 6 car wreck. Lead driver misses off ramp and decide to pull a uey while in traffic. The kids are in the wreck, about $1k car damage to wifeys car, a few cars are totaled, light injuries, none to my kids.
20. Rest of trip home, uneventful.
21. Kids said they had a GREAT F-N TIME - PRICELESS:D

boatnam2
07-08-2007, 08:50 PM
Sounds like a normal river weekend,just think you get to keep doing it all summer long.

19Kona
07-08-2007, 09:33 PM
I am sorry.
Now my probs at the river this past weekend -> no longer problems, just little hiccups on the road of life.
Thank you for a good story.

OCMerrill
07-08-2007, 11:29 PM
Wow $45 at McDonalds? I did not know that was possible. :D
You have to have these weekends every once in a while. That way the uneventful ones are never forgotten.
Pricless....classic!

Riverbass
07-09-2007, 05:16 AM
Wow $45 at McDonalds? I did not know that was possible. :D
You have to have these weekends every once in a while. That way the uneventful ones are never forgotten.
Pricless....classic!
McDonalds hell, how do you get a 75.00 bill at steaks and cakes?
Sounds like a great trip you still got on the water with the wife and kids Pricless. :D :D :D :D :D

boat boy
07-09-2007, 06:15 AM
hey, at least you did not sit on the side of the road all night waiting for a tow, beacause you lost a bearing. Its all priceless...LOL

lalhc
07-09-2007, 06:27 AM
Sounds like he has a 19 year old son w/a couple of friends that can eat a lot:D
Glad to hear everyone is OK after the accident.

RitcheyRch
07-09-2007, 06:54 AM
Sounds like a good trip except for a few hiccups. Where did you launch from?

Baja Big Dog
07-09-2007, 07:25 AM
When are you gonna get to the point when things turn to shit.....:D
This is one of those trips when you get home and kiss the fricken ground....:D

roostwear
07-09-2007, 07:30 AM
I'm just surprised you put Marathons on it and didn't have any blowouts

OCMerrill
07-09-2007, 07:37 AM
When are you gonna get to the point when things turn to shit.....:D
This is one of those trips when you get home and kiss the fricken ground....:D
LMAO!:D :D :D

havasu522
07-09-2007, 12:00 PM
Don't feel alone 1) dogs (3) got out on the 4TH cost $370.00 to get them out of jail 2) had to have new gate installed $300.00 3) opened gargare door found frig stopped working all food spoiled $300.00 4) frig smelled so bad after cleaning had to throw it away 5)Look of little womans face when I told her how much the vacation cost .. Priceless

rmarion
07-09-2007, 12:26 PM
My 19 y/o thanked us again last night.
I though 7-7-07 was a lucky number??????? Maybe for Business's..........:D
Richey, we launch at Mac's.
Were goin to Havazoo at end of month, Sunday thru Wednesday. This will be our first time at the Zoo. We'll probally be spoiled being their during the week..(I hope so:D )
We'll be back on the lower river next month.
IN my crew last weekend, 4 young adults (kids) 19 thru 23. They tend to consume some grub.........:eek:

Chipster27
07-09-2007, 12:45 PM
you missed an item somewhere between 9 and 11....gas :D :sqeyes:
No matter what I spend on a weekend at the lake or on the river it's always a great time! Glad you and the family had a great time.

mobldj
07-09-2007, 12:48 PM
i say sell the boat,get you and the wife go get spayed and nuetered (just 2 b safe)and move to mexico to escape the lawsuits from the accident.lol

RitcheyRch
07-09-2007, 12:49 PM
Maybe will see you guys out at McIntyre sometime.
My 19 y/o thanked us again last night.
I though 7-7-07 was a lucky number??????? Maybe for Business's..........:D
Richey, we launch at Mac's.
Were goin to Havazoo at end of month, Sunday thru Wednesday. This will be our first time at the Zoo. We'll probally be spoiled being their during the week..(I hope so:D )
We'll be back on the lower river next month.
IN my crew last weekend, 4 young adults (kids) 19 thru 23. They tend to consume some grub.........:eek:

waxer
07-09-2007, 01:03 PM
Good read, LMAO. I learned a lesson too, never wave @ LEO while operating a boat.
Glad the kids are alright, cars can be fixed, your kids are priceless.