PDA

View Full Version : I'm calling for back up ......Dont back up!!

2Driver
07-09-2007, 02:03 PM
I was waiting outside Discount tire today watching an 18 wheeler backing in to make deliveries when this Cadillac driver thinks he can squeeze in around behind him instead of just waiting a few seconds for him to finish backing up
Picture does not really do justice but the 18 wheelerÂ’s bumper caught the caddy and ripped off a good portion of the fender, bumper hood and radiator supports and crushed the caddy against the opposite curb before the truck driver even knew he was back there. The crushing sound was pretty wild Finally an impatient driver gets his due.
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34622&stc=1&d=1184018467

Magic34
07-09-2007, 02:05 PM
I was waiting outside Discount tire today watching an 18 wheeler backing in to make deliveries when this Cadillac driver thinks he can squeeze in around behind him instead of just waiting a few seconds for him to finish backing up
Picture does not really do justice but the 18 wheelerÂ’s bumper caught the caddy and ripped off a good portion of the fender, bumper hood and radiator supports and crushed the caddy against the opposite curb before the truck driver even knew he was back there. The crushing sound was pretty wild Finally an impatient driver gets his due.
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34622&stc=1&d=1184018467
Did the caddy driver act like it was the truck's fault?

yopengo
07-09-2007, 02:06 PM
Serves him rightÂ…stupid Fukk. :eek: :D

2Driver
07-09-2007, 02:09 PM
Did the caddy driver act like it was the truck's fault?
Pretty much. I mean after he put his cell phone and hazelnut carmel frappuccino down he barely made it out of the car. :rolleyes: My 6 year old really thought it was cool. Nobody hurt of course.

Not So Fast
07-09-2007, 03:09 PM
Justice prevails:D We were caught in the 1 lane crap thru Fort Mohave for the storm drain job and after sitting in it for about 30min and being right at the light where the trafic control stopped, third car, some jerkoff goes around us in the left turn lane and cuts off the car in front of us, didnt see the Bike LEO sitting beside us;) I was clapping as the fool was pulled over, sometimes karma works.:D NSF

OCMerrill
07-09-2007, 04:57 PM
Pretty much. I mean after he put his cell phone and hazelnut carmel frappuccino down he barely made it out of the car. :rolleyes: My 6 year old really thought it was cool. Nobody hurt of course.
See now that right there was funny stuff.
I agree...nice to see an impatient dickhead get his due.
Lets hope the trucker fairs well.:idea:

Spotondl
07-09-2007, 04:59 PM
Did you stick around and support the trucker as a witness to the accident?

Mountainstone
07-09-2007, 05:01 PM
Didja give your name as a witness to the LEO who made out the accident report? Backing accidents are almost always the backing driver's fault; I'd hate to see the truck driver get shafted if it wasn't his fault in this case.

RitcheyRch
07-09-2007, 05:12 PM
Why is everyone always in such a darn hurry. The Cadillac driver would have been better off waiting.

HighRoller
07-09-2007, 09:11 PM
A true Rodney Dangerfield moment in the making! I hope the truck driver got out, looked at the Caddy and said, "Hey! You scratched my bumper!"":D If I had a dollar for every time some jackoff zipped between me and the dock I could buy a DCB...

BadKachina
07-09-2007, 09:26 PM
If the truck was moving, its his fault. If the truck was moving in reverse, it's really his fault. If the truck was moving in reverse and hit something while moving, even if it wasn't there before, it's still his fault.
Even though the guy in the Cadi is at fault to the rest of the world, the ins. company that represents the truck will pay, and the company that the driver works for will charge him with an accident. A chargable accident to a truck driver is one that can be avoided. If he wasn't moving, especially in reverse, he wouldn't have hit the cadi. Sucks, but that's reality for truck drivers.;)

soupersonic
07-09-2007, 09:41 PM
If the truck was moving, its his fault. If the truck was moving in reverse, it's really his fault. If the truck was moving in reverse and hit something while moving, even if it wasn't there before, it's still his fault.
Even though the guy in the Cadi is at fault to the rest of the world, the ins. company that represents the truck will pay, and the company that the driver works for will charge him with an accident. A chargable accident to a truck driver is one that can be avoided. If he wasn't moving, especially in reverse, he wouldn't have hit the cadi. Sucks, but that's reality for truck drivers.;)
I thought parking lots were private property. Then each party gets to fix their own :D

pw_Tony
07-09-2007, 09:52 PM
Oooooo Work For Me!:D :D :D

adjones419
07-10-2007, 05:11 AM
I bet it was from Starbuck's. Jackass.

Sherpa
07-10-2007, 07:03 AM
I think it's funny when people try to drive under my pickup.... I just keep
backing like I don't know they're even back there......
--Sherpa

YeLLowBoaT
07-10-2007, 10:57 PM
[/COLOR]
Sorry for the rant. Heed my advice-> It don't make NO matter who's wrong or right nor who has the right of way. Stay the fu(k away from big trucks and YOU might just save the life of the one you love sitting next to you.
Rio
I've always been told... who ever has the most lugnuts wins... They have the right of way no matter what...
oh yeah and U huals need to be avoid like the black death...

BadKachina
07-10-2007, 11:04 PM
[/COLOR]
Good Buddy, you may drive a bad kowjunka but you damn sure haven't been drivin a big truck. You shouldn't be postin such BS as if it's gospel when it's not. It's just not cut and dried. Many factors go into deciding who's at fault and any driver that rolls over and excepts such a decision "just because" probably deserves what he gets. Many times a company will pay a claim, whether justified or not, just to save the cost of litigation. Doesn't mean that the driver will get a chargable.Two completely different venues.
"If he wasn't moving, especially in reverse, he wouldn't have hit the cadi. Sucks, but that's reality for truck drivers."
That's like saying if he hadn't gotten outta bed this morning the accident wouldn't have happened.:D
On the flip side, we have more POS drivers on the road today that don't belong out there than we have POS lakelice riders. It's only going to get worse as these companies don't want to compensate experienced drivers what they're worth and therefore they move to different jobs and you wind up with all of the inexperienced drivers that these "drivers license mills" can put out there. From Swift, Sneider, etc., to the clowns that buy their license in Tiajuana.
Sorry for the rant. Heed my advice-> It don't make NO matter who's wrong or right nor who has the right of way. Stay the fu(k away from big trucks and YOU might just save the life of the one you love sitting next to you.
Rio
Crackerhead, I drove and supervised/managed for 15 years at an LTL company.........
Seen this situation a quite a few times. I'd say there's only a slight chance that this driver or his company will not pay any money to the cadi owner. The truck driver was in reverse and moving, he'll get blamed. I've seen corporate lawyers pay claims even when the company driver wasn't at fault, it's cheaper to pay than go to court. Getting out of bed in the morning has nothing to with the driver being in reverse and moving. If he wasn't moving and the cadi hit him, it would be the cadi's fault. I think you got the wrong meaning, I didn't mean if he didn't exist it wouldn't be his fault, I meant he was the one moving in reverse so it's going to be an avoidable accident. He should have been moving slow enough to stop, he should have had a spotter, he should have walked around his truck before backing up, he shouldn't have pulled up far enough to let someone in between the truck and where he was backing into, you see what I'm getting at? He was moving, he hit the cadi, it will more than likely be his fault, even if it's understood that the driver of the car actually caused the accident.
I agree there are plenty of companies that have beginner drivers. They have to start somewhere, it's the nature of the beast. The company I worked for wouldn't hire anyone without 2 years experience and a clean driving record.

Old school Ultra
07-11-2007, 05:19 AM
I have owned a car transport business company for the last 18 years, Anytime my guys have been involved in any kind of backing accident it's been our fault! it doesn't really matter who, what when or why....... If you are going back wards you are wrong!!! I had a truck hit while parked and my insurance co. paid out, they claim it was cheaper than defending us in the lawsuit...... Yes it sucks bad, but it's the Way it go's.

OCMerrill
07-11-2007, 05:35 AM
It seems to me there is an "avoidable accident" deal that could be argued here. A while back a relative was in a similar accident. She sued and lost because it was proved that she could have easily avoided the accident. Neat deal here is then there was a judgment against her for the defendant's legal fees and time. My wife's family will sue a bird for crapping on their driveway anyway. I distance myself big time.
I do agree that it's more the costs involved to get to that point I suppose, in which makes the ins. co's. just pay out.
The car owner will probably sue Starbucks for that spilled Hot Late and AT&T for making him be on the phone.

BIGJOEDUCKSLAYER
07-11-2007, 07:52 AM
"Crackerhead, I drove and supervised/managed for 15 years at an LTL company........."
Well, I guess I'm outvoted. But, I guess Bill Gates would be outvoted in a room full of welfare recipients when it came to deciding his tax base wouldn't he?
I'm not impressed. Usually when some fu(ktard makes such a statement as yours it's due to the fact that the idiot racked up so many moving violations that he couldn't continue driving as he was such a liability. 15 years? BFD!!! I've owned, operated, etc., for 30 years as of this coming winter so big deal. Everything from road trucks, dirt trucks, to construction equiptment. So as I was saying WTF. Nothing is cut and dried or written in stone and anyone that says otherwise is just plain ignorant, but I guess that's nothing new around this forum.-dah!
As for your statement "He should have been moving slow enough to stop, he should have had a spotter, he should have walked around his truck before backing up, he shouldn't have pulled up far enough to let someone in between the truck and where he was backing into, you see what I'm getting at? " With a statement such as that I can believe that you were a driver wannabe, = a manager. I'll bet you used to ask the drivers when they were late" what's your problem? It's only 2 inches on the map!" GET REAL! It's not always possible IN THE REAL WORLD!
Let's see now, 15 years drove, managed, supervised for a LTL company. Let me decipher that statement for the rest of the audience. "I done got me so many tickets that the only way I could keep my job was to be taken off the road and put in the office where I couldn't hurt anyone in my pos bobtail, BUT, they used to let me drive a 27 footer around the yard and make honk, honk noises on the airhorn so I could pretent that I'm a bigrigger." That comes out to about 5 years per position so just STFU beginner. What we call you would be a local delivery boy! When you start approaching the 2 million mile mark then come tell us all about your experience. What was your secrete CB handle, RUBBER CLUCK? I'd bet a buck you still take an Overdrive magazine with you in the restroom and spend about an hour. 10-4!!!
We're all very impressed with your vast knowledge and experience so just sit back, practice your reading and COMPREHENSION skills and raise your hand when you have something more insightful to add. You're fun, bring it on!:rolleyes:
Nice to hear from you Tom and I'll pm you back but I have my hands full at the moment trying to educate the uneducatable.:D
Rio
oh shit let me get my boots on, it about to get slinged

BadKachina
07-11-2007, 08:02 AM
"Nothing is cut and dried or written in stone and anyone that says otherwise is just plain ignorant, but I guess that's nothing new around this forum.-dah!
I think if you re-read my post you'll see that I used the words more than likely and slight chance.
You're vast reading compresion skills should allow you to comprehend the infered meaning of those statements as not being cut and dry. It's a small oversight on your part but your perception of reality from the window of many pos road trucks, dirt trucks, to construction equiptment, is cloudy. Since we are generallizing about different postions in the trucking industry, dirt truck drivers are usually drivers that can't get jobs anywhere else. They are also some of the lowest paid drivers on the road next to Swift and all the other mills. Most dirt guys I've met have either been fired from a frieght company or are too lazy to get out and do any work.
Next you'll tell me you have more hours in a truck stop bathroom than I have on the road.......
Or you have more miles in reverse than I have going foward........
I should have guessed you were an owner operator:rolleyes: .........Time for you to go back and operate your own tool. Make sure you don't get any on the steering wheel...........;)