PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to pi$$ some one off!!

Xlration Marine
07-10-2007, 12:32 PM
Ford vs Cheby
http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos/06-15-07page-4x4-Chevy-vs-4x4-Ford.htm

redneckcharlie
07-10-2007, 12:42 PM
Nice staged gimmick. I don't care what manufacturer it is, next time put the dragged vehicle in gear! They simply locked the brakes on the Ford and drug it. That gag has been around for a long long time.:rolleyes:

Xlration Marine
07-10-2007, 12:51 PM
Well um maybe, but with ABS the wheels won't lock up. And I did see a large amount of smoke coming from the right front on the ford. Care to explain?? You must be a ford fan.

Devilman
07-10-2007, 12:55 PM
Nice staged gimmick. I don't care what manufacturer it is, next time put the dragged vehicle in gear! They simply locked the brakes on the Ford and drug it. That gag has been around for a long long time.:rolleyes:
I'm not particularly brand loyal to Chevy or Ford, but yeah, it was staged.
Right as they lay into it, you can see the Ford doin the one wheel peel, smoking the right rear tire while the Chevy is just holding the brake. After that all the Chevy guy had to do was drive away. LOL
Been there done that, pulled plenty of people across the parking lot that way. :D

Xlration Marine
07-10-2007, 01:01 PM
I'm not buying it. That cheby just walked away with that gutless ford. To much smoke, ABS brakes don't lock up.

buzzaro
07-10-2007, 01:06 PM
I'm not buying it. That cheby just walked away with that gutless ford. To much smoke, ABS brakes don't lock up.
Thats stupid, would you say a chevy sucked if they both were chevys? Both cant win? Why would one chevy be better than the other? Whoever breaks traction first is gonna lose, and that comes down to the driver not the truck. Even more so when the drivers both know what the result is supposed to be.

YeLLowBoaT
07-10-2007, 01:14 PM
um actaully yes they do when your standing stil...
that same trick has been done forever... I've seen it done atleast 4 times at diffrent cardealer ships.
as soon as one side get thier tires spining just a little bit its over...

Racey
07-10-2007, 01:20 PM
ABS will lock up if all tires are locked from a standstill, the ABS system doesn't detect motion it detects wheel rotation. :D

RiverDave
07-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Well I like chevy's and Fords.. LOL I think my navigator would drag both those trucks down the street in 4x4 low though... Just outta sheer weight displacement if nothing else. Probably break something in the driveline doing it though.
RD

buzzaro
07-10-2007, 01:28 PM
ABS will lock up if all tires are locked from a standstill, the ABS system doesn't detect motion it detects wheel rotation. :D
Thats why you can stay stopped on a hill:D

lucky
07-10-2007, 01:51 PM
Well um maybe, but with ABS the wheels won't lock up. And I did see a large amount of smoke coming from the right front on the ford. Care to explain?? You must be a ford fan.
I'm not a ford fan - and i did notice that the ford took up the slack inthe line putting him in less than desrirable traction conditions