PDA

View Full Version : Booze on the Delta?

NdaWind
07-10-2007, 12:52 PM
Anyone know if it is illegal to have booze on your boat while boating on the Sacramento River or any part of the delta?

NorCalCat
07-10-2007, 12:54 PM
Anyone know if it is illegal to have booze on your boat while boating on the Sacramento River or any part of the delta?
Never heard anything like that before.

Ms. AquaBoogie1
07-10-2007, 01:04 PM
That would be a new one!!!:idea: Never heard of that....

bocco
07-10-2007, 01:08 PM
Don't think it's illegal to have booze or even drink while your driving. But you still can't be over the legal limit. The laws should be the same across the state.
But if you go to Lost Ilse, loose the wrist band before you leave the dock. That's a sure way to get pulled over.

Caljamr
07-10-2007, 01:16 PM
Don't think it's illegal to have booze or even drink while your driving. But you still can't be over the legal limit. The laws should be the same across the state.
But if you go to Lost Ilse, loose the wrist band before you leave the dock. That's a sure way to get pulled over.
Ya it's kind of hard to say you weren't drinking with a wrist band. :)
Have a mai tai for me, there the best on Lost Isle. I think they hold a world record for most Mai Tai's served in one day.
http://www.lostisle.com/

Aqua Boogie1
07-10-2007, 01:53 PM
The wrist band doesn't say you were drinking, but it does give them a reason. Trust me.................... been there,done that.

Roaddogg 4040
07-10-2007, 02:19 PM
If the Delta was in Canada it would be illegal...:D
Steve

Sanitariumflat
07-10-2007, 02:28 PM
I asked the same question of the San Juaqin (spelling?) sherrif's last year and they said "The driver cannot have an open container, just as in a car. And obviously cannot have a bac of .08 or higher." Now when you are anchored it is a different story. I have a cuddy cabin that they told me is considered my residence while spending the night, etc. and therefore can act as I would at home (i.e. firearm), within reason / common sense applies. They also told me that they don't just pull up to boats to see what they're up to (don't know how much I believe that) because they're too busy with obvious violators, speeders in no wake, jet skis, etc. I would talk to them myself though as laws change without notice. There is also this bizarre "anyone whos land touches the waterway at any point has juristiction" thing. Seems like all law enforcement, San Juaqin, Sacto PD, West Sac, Yolo Sherrif, etc. all can patrol as they wish, where they wish. My brother got a ticket for fishing with two poles off of my boat in downtown Sacramento from the S.J. sherrif and had to go to Stockton to go to court. Go figure. Good luck & be safe.

Sanitariumflat
I asked the same question of the San Juaqin (spelling?) sherrif's last year and they said "The driver cannot have an open container, just as in a car. And obviously cannot have a bac of .08 or higher." Now when you are anchored it is a different story. I have a cuddy cabin that they told me is considered my residence while spending the night, etc. and therefore can act as I would at home (i.e. firearm), within reason / common sense applies. They also told me that they don't just pull up to boats to see what they're up to (don't know how much I believe that) because they're too busy with obvious violators, speeders in no wake, jet skis, etc. I would talk to them myself though as laws change without notice. There is also this bizarre "anyone whos land touches the waterway at any point has juristiction" thing. Seems like all law enforcement, San Juaqin, Sacto PD, West Sac, Yolo Sherrif, etc. all can patrol as they wish, where they wish. My brother got a ticket for fishing with two poles off of my boat in downtown Sacramento from the S.J. sherrif and had to go to Stockton to go to court. Go figure. Good luck & be safe.

Sanitariumflat