PDA

View Full Version : Pets and Losses

Wet Dream
07-10-2007, 02:00 PM
It seems that everybody at one point or another has pets. Be it cats, dogs, horses or some animal that interacts and depends on us. My last dog died 9 years ago after having him for 12 years. It took almost 5 years to get another dog, nobody could replace him, and I didn't want to go through that heartbreak any time soon. Summer was the first, and only lasted 4 1/2 years, and it still hurts just as bad. But as people, we get pets, dogs in particular to this thought, knowing that we will have to watch them tear up everything in the house, mess everything up, get shots, take them to parks, rivers, lakes, the wagging tail when you walk through the door, the 2am wake up whine for close calls, to watch them grow old, and turn grey. The extra weight they put on, the slower steps, running is a thing of the past for any more than 3 strides, getting up requires a lot of will power and determination, the vet visits to make things more comfortable when they're ill, and of course the final days. We all know theres a damn good chance that we'll outlive our pets and we're faced with the task of that moment. You have to watch it happen, find it the next day, or make the call to stop the pain. We greive, cry, suffer and hope we did the best we could and pray that they had a happy life with us. And after all of that, we'll go out and do it again. We'll get another companion to share life with. The years of happiness we get out of our furry friends, far outweighs the moments of sorrow and pain that come at the end of thier life. Our compassion for animals and the gratitude they give to us in a simple lick, is well worth doing it all over again.

Nord
07-10-2007, 02:22 PM
Well said:)

NdaWind
07-10-2007, 02:40 PM
So true, the things we do for the love of our pets.

RiverDave
07-10-2007, 02:52 PM
Me and Neva are going out in a Blaze of Glory.. LOL
In all seriousness, now that my dog has some health problems it's something I've given alot of thought about. I don't think I'm going to react to it that well when her time is up. :(
RD

Xlration Marine
07-10-2007, 03:04 PM
You took the manlyness out of this tread. My wife and I went to the pound, yellow lab staring us down, and hard. Just a pup, took him to the park down the street in Mesa Az. It's across the road from the new Bass Pro. No name yet, sitting on a bench watching him play. He sticks his head inside an empty thirst buster cup and runs right into a tree, buster was his name. That dog would pick stuff up and bring it in the apartment. One day, about 6 months old, he walks in with a tampon hanging by the string. Oh boy this is one crazy dog. 2 years latter comes a weener dog, she went 30 pound, and could tug that lab across the floor. They loved old socks, played with them for hours on end. Loved the pool, and going for drives. But one day, 9 years ago the 4th of July, the little weener dog, lost the battle. Some thing about the nerves in her back, which dogs like this have problems with. She was nine at the time. The lab left us a year latter, he was an old boy. 3 years after that the wife gets a race dog. I don't have much to do with it, it's not much of a buddy. As much as I want another dog, I hold back and say no. Nothing will replace my BoBo and Buster. I couldn't look at that little dog without her taking a leek. We would have to take her out side just to talk to her. And they knew people too. BoBo nearly bit my mother in law, sick her BoBo sick her.:D :D :D
No more threads like this.

Biglue
07-10-2007, 03:55 PM
You took the manlyness out of this tread. My wife and I went to the pound, yellow lab staring us down, and hard. Just a pup, took him to the park down the street in Mesa Az. It's across the road from the new Bass Pro. No name yet, sitting on a bench watching him play. He sticks his head inside an empty thirst buster cup and runs right into a tree, buster was his name. That dog would pick stuff up and bring it in the apartment. One day, about 6 months old, he walks in with a tampon hanging by the string. Oh boy this is one crazy dog. 2 years latter comes a weener dog, she went 30 pound, and could tug that lab across the floor. They loved old socks, played with them for hours on end. Loved the pool, and going for drives. But one day, 9 years ago the 4th of July, the little weener dog, lost the battle. Some thing about the nerves in her back, which dogs like this have problems with. She was nine at the time. The lab left us a year latter, he was an old boy. 3 years after that the wife gets a race dog. I don't have much to do with it, it's not much of a buddy. As much as I want another dog, I hold back and say no. Nothing will replace my BoBo and Buster. I couldn't look at that little dog without her taking a leek. We would have to take her out side just to talk to her. And they knew people too. BoBo nearly bit my mother in law, sick her BoBo sick her.:D :D :D
No more threads like this.
That brought a tear to my eye there. :D

Xlration Marine
07-10-2007, 04:08 PM
That brought a tear to my eye there. :D
Shit I haven't stopped.

photo chick
07-10-2007, 04:21 PM
WD that's the neatest thing you've ever written......so true!