PDA

View Full Version : fastest elminator eagle?

epeagle
07-10-2007, 04:53 PM
was wondering what top speed the eliminator eaglexp?
i have heard of a twin turbo but never heard how fast it was...
i dont expect to break any records with my HO..i was just curious...

Zimm944
07-10-2007, 09:57 PM
I was passed by a white, red, and yellow one last week moving pretty well. I'm sure that narrows the field down.

boatmarine
07-16-2007, 02:50 PM
I dont understand !

RiverDave
07-16-2007, 03:06 PM
was wondering what top speed the eliminator eaglexp?
i have heard of a twin turbo but never heard how fast it was...
i dont expect to break any records with my HO..i was just curious...
Dawn Patrol on here has a 25 or 26 Eagle XP with a blower motor, stand off box etc.. His runs in the upper 90's, but it's kind of a scary ride running that hard in that boat from what I understand.
RD

Glamasu
07-16-2007, 07:13 PM
Dawn Patrol on here has a 25 or 26 Eagle XP with a blower motor, stand off box etc.. His runs in the upper 90's, but it's kind of a scary ride running that hard in that boat from what I understand.
RD
I would imagine the chine walk at those speeds will make ya nervouse.....Friend of mine has 28 dcb with the twin whipple teague motor..At 95+ it starts the chine walk and neither one of us have the SEEDS to keep the stick down and see what happens :D best I've seen was 98 on gps

bigq
07-16-2007, 07:43 PM
RD
Is that because of the step design? or the angle of the V?

Zimm944
07-16-2007, 10:11 PM
Wow 95+, I would like to run 75 with mine. I would think 85+ would start to get a little interesting

BOBALOO
07-17-2007, 06:35 AM
Go to Offshoreonly.com and scroll down the forums to the area that lists Eliminator. If I remember correctly there are a couple fast ones there.
I had a 25 Eagle w/a 454 that did a best of 66 mph in good water. I cant imagine going 85 in one. If I was to go faster in one I would DEFINITELY get some trim tabs to help the chine walking. It got a little busy going over side rollers.
Still wish I had the boat though. We had some GREAT times on it.:D

shippingguy
07-17-2007, 08:27 AM
RD
Does he run up in the Needles area at all? About a month ago I was up there floating down river back to the launch ramp at the end of the day and a guy in a v made some passes. He was hauling the mail for sure, but it did not look like too much fun ride wise though:idea: A nice boat though for sure.

ULTRA26 # 1
07-17-2007, 09:52 AM
Does he run up in the Needles area at all? About a month ago I was up there floating down river back to the launch ramp at the end of the day and a guy in a v made some passes. He was hauling the mail for sure, but it did not look like too much fun ride wise though:idea: A nice boat though for sure.
Same here,
About a month ago, I had a guy chasing me down in 25 Eagle that was fairly fast. His boat was faster than my 26 except he couldn't pass me do rough water. That sucker was all over the place. Looked like a wild ride, at best.
JM

RiverDave
07-17-2007, 09:56 AM
I don't think he runs in Needles to often.. He lives in new mexico (I'm pretty sure) and just makes the drive out to Havi / Parker a few times a year.
RD

shippingguy
07-17-2007, 10:05 AM
I don't think he runs in Needles to often.. He lives in new mexico (I'm pretty sure) and just makes the drive out to Havi / Parker a few times a year.
RD
Got it. Well there is a guy running up that way that I can tell you is tapping 100 mph, but the boat rocks back and forth real bad. Does not look safe when looking at it coming towards you and going by.

scarabrick2
07-17-2007, 12:21 PM
i know of a fast one at mead does 80-81 gps 280 eagle chine walks bad...

epeagle
07-17-2007, 02:32 PM
wow..im pretty happy with mine then..i have hit close to 75mph with a 24p
and stock ho..
i wonder what speed a gps speedo would say.
thanks for all the good info

playdeep
07-17-2007, 02:57 PM
RD
....That be me:D ,Actually I've had the boat at your Parker house on a couple of occasions...w John&Michelle(Mr.&Ms Havasu)...never been to Needles,but the boat is white w/Red scallops coming up from the back,w/yellow pinstripes.
I have a 98 25ft.Eagle,Blown 510,Stand-off box,full hydraulic steering,280-s K-tabs...light weight lay-up...
As it currently is set up...4lbs. of boost,91 octane fuel,I can run 95-98,spinning a labbed 32p bravo.
Keith Sayre I believe was in the boat with it's prior owner(moto-X racer, Kyle Lewis)and I'm pretty sure they ran 102,with a a couple of pounds more boost.
Ron Ehde who did the original Daytona's for Bob Leach,designed the bottom,and they like to run loose,for speed.
Up to about 80,they're pretty much stupid proof...80-90,they start do dance.and become a driver's boat,95 on up you start to run out of bottom REALLY quickly...
A couple of guys over on OSO,have 25-26 Eagle's that run triple digits as well.
...At the Eliminator regatta,a couple of years ago,I spoke to a guy from the midwest,who owned 4 Eliminator's,one of which was a 25 Eagle,that he said ran 112,he seemed pretty stand up,not the kind of guy prone to hyperbole,so I'm thinking he was telling me the truth.

Glamasu
07-17-2007, 03:00 PM
Got it. Well there is a guy running up that way that I can tell you is tapping 100 mph, but the boat rocks back and forth real bad. Does not look safe when looking at it coming towards you and going by.
Is a 28 dcb with yellow and purple ?? That would be the one i was refering too...he stays up in Willow Valley...
I know your talking "eagle" here but isn't the 28 dcb and eagle pretty much the same ?

shippingguy
07-17-2007, 05:30 PM
Is a 28 dcb with yellow and purple ?? That would be the one i was refering too...he stays up in Willow Valley...
I know your talking "eagle" here but isn't the 28 dcb and eagle pretty much the same ?
You may be right, but I am almost positive it was an Eagle. I want to say they had headsets on too. I am not positive, but it definitely does not look too stable at speed:eek: The weekend I saw them making runs was Father's Day weekend.

Glamasu
07-17-2007, 07:45 PM
Not the one I'm thinkin....I see you at topock from time to time...I'll have to introduce myself next time...My wife always drools over the silver on your boat...We both like the colors...Good Job

shippingguy
07-17-2007, 08:05 PM
Not the one I'm thinkin....I see you at topock from time to time...I'll have to introduce myself next time...My wife always drools over the silver on your boat...We both like the colors...Good Job
Thank you very much for the compliment:) Definitely come introduce yourself and I will do the same if I see you first. We launch out of Jack Smith all the time. We will be back out the weekend of the 27th. We seem to be ahning more and more at Park Moabi during the day instead of running down to Havasu.

Zimm944
07-17-2007, 08:46 PM
epeagle is your but a 25, or 26ft. The best I have ever seen out of my boat was 68 GPS perfect conditions(slight chop) its a 28 with a HO

FASTERDAMITT
07-17-2007, 09:20 PM
With the Eliminator name you would think they would be rock solid at these speeds, I'm suprised at the posts your getting on 90+ mph boats and how they chine walk. I almost bought one a couple times but heard the same stories and it steered me elsewhere. It must be the size of the pad and inabillity to stay on top of it. Still very nice boats.

bigq
07-17-2007, 09:37 PM
Anybody know if the 236 would be the same?

epeagle
07-18-2007, 07:51 AM
mines a 26 xp
im having my prop labbed, and also thinking of buying a 26p
saving my spare change, like to buy some headers this winter.
so far the boat has been very fun and easy to drive.
my wife had it wide open through lots of chop, while i was shotgun and i never once was worried.

ULTRA26 # 1
07-18-2007, 08:27 AM
You may be right, but I am almost positive it was an Eagle. I want to say they had headsets on too. I am not positive, but it definitely does not look too stable at speed:eek: The weekend I saw them making runs was Father's Day weekend.
Mike,
The Eagle we saw that same weekend was drivin by an older guy and had a lady with him. The river was rough on Sat and that thing was all over the place. It was a nce looking boat but the that way it rode would scare me
We are headed up this weekend and will miss you the weekend of the 27th. I have to deal with that same legal issue again. We are hoping to conclude it on the 26th.
John

shippingguy
07-18-2007, 08:57 AM
Mike,
The Eagle we saw that same weekend was drivin by an older guy and had a lady with him. The river was rough on Sat and that thing was all over the place. It was a nce looking boat but the that way it rode would scare me
We are headed up this weekend and will miss you the weekend of the 27th. I have to deal with that same legal issue again. We are hoping to conclude it on the 26th.
John
Yeah definitely not too stable looking. Well we will have to hook up in August. Have a good trip.
Mike

playdeep
07-18-2007, 09:43 AM
The 236 and 250 Eagle's share the exact same bottom,only difference is the 250 has the built in swim platform...
Almost EVERY smaller V-bottom that I've been in chine's at 85 on up.
Counter steering helps at high speeds...

ULTRA26 # 1
07-18-2007, 06:52 PM
The 236 and 250 Eagle's share the exact same bottom,only difference is the 250 has the built in swim platform...
Almost EVERY smaller V-bottom that I've been in chine's at 85 on up.
Counter steering helps at high speeds...
Thanks, I wasn't aware that these boats shared the bottom.
I had a Team Warlock 25 Euro with a mild blown 502. In the 80's, it was hard to handle. The narrow beam and the lack of a pad, didn't help.
Be safe in that V bottom rocket
John M

Pussywhippled
07-27-2007, 08:55 AM
My boat is pretty slow...

Beer-30
07-27-2007, 10:29 AM
My boat is pretty slow...
LIAR! :D

TRIMMIN
07-28-2007, 07:20 AM
Playdeep is pretty much right about the speeds. I could get mine to dance a little at 72GPS. I don't think they (25') are safe at over 85mph.

Not So Fast
07-28-2007, 11:13 AM
wow..im pretty happy with mine then..i have hit close to 75mph with a 24p
and stock ho..
i wonder what speed a gps speedo would say.
thanks for all the good info
At least you leave the question open as to what GPS would say, 75mph with an HO/24 p is a big stretch in that boat, more like 66-67 I would think:idea: NSF

ULTRA26 # 1
07-28-2007, 11:43 AM
At least you leave the question open as to what GPS would say, 75mph with an HO/24 p is a big stretch in that boat, more like 66-67 I would think:idea: NSF
Bobby,
I'd have to agree. The theoretical speed at 5100 RPM, a 24P prop and 10% slip is 69.5 mph. 10% is an exceptioanlly low slip est for a 25' V-bottem. Using the same data with 26P prop, the T-speed is 75.2.
High 60's would be my guess too

Not So Fast
07-28-2007, 04:04 PM
Bobby,
I'd have to agree. The theoretical speed at 5100 RPM, a 24P prop and 10% slip is 69.5 mph. 10% is an exceptioanlly low slip est for a 25' V-bottem. Using the same data with 26P prop, the T-speed is 75.2.
High 60's would be my guess too
Yeah John, thats my estimate but you know how SOME of these HO's run a lot better than everybody else's:) Hell, Throttle tells me his Cobra (26 V I believe) runs 76mph :rolleyes: What can I say except I sure like the way my boat runs now and am willing try any of these guys (except you of course) and my best has been 73mph. As the ole saying goes "The BS stops when the flag drops" ;) NSF

epeagle
07-28-2007, 06:49 PM
be back at the river aug 20-22 with gps so i will get a accurate reading.
had my 24p labbed too!

Not So Fast
07-29-2007, 06:21 AM
be back at the river aug 20-22 with gps so i will get a accurate reading.
had my 24p labbed too!
Please post results OK? And dont forget GPS reads downstream current speed also in its numbers!!:idea: NSF

bigq
07-29-2007, 07:15 AM
Playdeep is pretty much right about the speeds. I could get mine to dance a little at 72GPS. I don't think they (25') are safe at over 85mph.
So is the Howard Bullet the only safe step V to take over 85 and on up into the 100's?

epeagle
07-29-2007, 07:45 AM
ok..ill make sure and give you my down river results only

Not So Fast
07-29-2007, 09:25 AM
ok..ill make sure and give you my down river results only
There you go:D :D NSF

ULTRA26 # 1
07-29-2007, 01:43 PM
Yeah John, thats my estimate but you know how SOME of these HO's run a lot better than everybody else's:) Hell, Throttle tells me his Cobra (26 V I believe) runs 76mph :rolleyes: What can I say except I sure like the way my boat runs now and am willing try any of these guys (except you of course) and my best has been 73mph. As the ole saying goes "The BS stops when the flag drops" ;) NSF
Bobby,
Either HB or Powerboat tested the 26 Cobra V with an HO and as I recall, top speed was 75.5
I wish I had your motor in my 26 and hope to find a 500 or 525 one of these days. My HO already has 145 hrs on it and still running great (13 months)
BTW, when shippingguy paced me at 81 and change, we were going down river. My 80.6 was up river with 40mph + headwind.
So is the Howard Bullet the only safe step V to take over 85 and on up into the 100's?
The Bullet is supposed to be amazing. Not sure what Howard did to make if different but they did something. Top motor builder Gary Taylor (TPI Performace) has said the Bullet is the best handling V, in this size, ever. This guy has been around all of the best. The're beautiful looking boats too. I don't know of another V this size that is stable at or above 90.

OLD MAN ON THE LAKE
07-30-2007, 08:35 AM
Bobby,
Either HB or Powerboat tested the 26 Cobra V with an HO and as I recall, top speed was 75.5
I wish I had your motor in my 26 and hope to find a 500 or 525 one of these days. My HO already has 145 hrs on it and still running great (13 months)
BTW, when shippingguy paced me at 81 and change, we were going down river. My 80.6 was up river with 40mph + headwind.
The Bullet is supposed to be amazing. Not sure what Howard did to make if different but they did something. Top motor builder Gary Taylor (TPI Performace) has said the Bullet is the best handling V, in this size, ever. This guy has been around all of the best. The're beautiful looking boats too. I don't know of another V this size that is stable at or above 90.
Mostly center of gravity. I think. They are very well balanced.My 25 is almost boring in the low 80s without using tabs. They ride very flat at speed and do not require a lot of trim.

playdeep
07-30-2007, 07:38 PM
I don't think the 25 Eagle is unsafe at 85-90...
Just depends on how much seat time you have in a motored up smaller V-bottom.
Two people from the HB boards have driven my boat at over 80,Mr. Havasu(John) ran 80+ with 4 people on board and he told me she felt like she was on rails,the whole time.
Jim Nichols(Desert storm,pres.) jumped in it,when he was with Extreme boats magazine...first pass was 95 and climbing when we blew a water hose off...
Like with any step bottom hull,you have to be carefull,and learn the handling characteristics of each platform....
Having said that....
I know of a couple of v- bottoms that get REALLY evil at 70 or so...and even with big tabs,they still are scary to be in.

BLOWN HOWARD
07-30-2007, 08:28 PM
Does the eagle have a pad in the back??? I know most big Vee bottoms dont have the pad and that cause's the chine walking, from what i've heard.

revndave
07-30-2007, 08:55 PM
My dad had a 1995 eagle with 502 415hp.It ran 76 with Hill 26p and 80 with Hydromotive 27p.Hard to get on plane with 27p.It was kinda loose at 80.Also he didn't have hydraulic steering.

Fast Freddy
08-02-2007, 06:39 PM
my buddies friend has a single engined V-hulled eliminator eagle. as i recall the length of it is 28'. he has been slowly building up this boats performance for a long time and currently has a whipplecharged larry peto engine in it with a lil over 900 hp. the fastest he has gone is 96 mph. he wants to hit 100 mph but he seems to have reached the limit with this boat. he has tried mounting his trim tabs in different positions which are plenty long enough but he can't seem to get it past 96 mph despite some very favorable atmospheric conditions. obviously if he were to strip the boat bare and put more hp to it he would bust the century mark. but as it is now he keeps breaking drives way to often.

Fast Freddy
08-02-2007, 06:42 PM
it can be done with other boats but my definition of "safe" might be a little different than yours. plenty of nordic boats of lengths ranging from 22-35' have done it. a proper installation of trim tabs and the use of them i so important

BrianB
08-10-2007, 06:08 PM
We have a 96-236XP with Blown ZZ502-Merc 28 four blade-Dana tabs.After the boys at Wilkes finished the build Jimmy invited me on a testride.He wound it up and I thought my face was about ready to peel off"What do ya think boy?"It would have been fast enough at 500HP
Very efficient 65MPH cruiser.
I chase down alot of 25 Daytonas and make them cry.No accurate data on top speed but overall were happy with the boat and set up.
As everyone has already said,be prepared she will get loose.
It needs a bigger prop,I may ask my wife if I can take my Ballz one weekend and try a 30P:)

Riverkid
08-10-2007, 09:35 PM
We have a 96-236XP with Blown ZZ502-Merc 28 four blade-Dana tabs.After the boys at Wilkes finished the build Jimmy invited me on a testride.He wound it up and I thought my face was about ready to peel off"What do ya think boy?"It would have been fast enough at 500HP
I chase down alot of 25 Daytonas and make them cry.No accurate data on top speed but overall were happy with the boat and set up.
It needs a bigger prop,I may ask my wife if I can take my Ballz one weekend and try a 30P:)
It needs bigger tabs. What are yours, 3 feet? :D

Riverkid
08-25-2007, 03:20 PM
Liar.
What did the Garmin say? :D
That thing gets spooky...

BrianB
08-29-2007, 07:55 AM
She runs flat and clean early in the day.
Later,when the coolers are empty and I'm driving with one eye closed it can get a little wild :eek: