PDA

View Full Version : Just me and my little girl all week..

Mandelon
07-12-2007, 09:50 PM
Mama's been with my son at a boy scout camp up in Idylwild all week. So far they've suffered squirrel attacks, bear scares, no women's bathroom and food poisoning from the funky food and water. Nothing like barfing and the runs to make a trip more memorable.
But my daughter (12) and I are having a pretty good time. I have to work, but she's hooked up with the Humane Society with some friends for a day camp from 9 to 3. I pick her up after from a friends house. They do cool animal stuff all day.
We've had a good time hanging out. Made dinner and done dishes, saw a preview of Harry Potter, made popcorn, gone swimming, shopped for groceries and other just lame stuff. But its fun just the two of us.
It's odd how different kids are. she's great at helping out, she enjoys it...my son is the opposite.
She's growing up so fast......I'm gonna miss my little girl......

JetBoatRich
07-13-2007, 04:08 AM
Priceless moments:D

Shreve "T"
07-13-2007, 04:27 AM
Mama's been with my son at a boy scout camp up in Idylwild all week. So far they've suffered squirrel attacks, bear scares, no women's bathroom and food poisoning from the funky food and water. Nothing like barfing and the runs to make a trip more memorable.
But my daughter (12) and I are having a pretty good time. I have to work, but she's hooked up with the Humane Society with some friends for a day camp from 9 to 3. I pick her up after from a friends house. They do cool animal stuff all day.
We've had a good time hanging out. Made dinner and done dishes, saw a preview of Harry Potter, made popcorn, gone swimming, shopped for groceries and other just lame stuff. But its fun just the two of us.
It's odd how different kids are. she's great at helping out, she enjoys it...my son is the opposite.
Know how you feel my daughter is (11). They grow up so fast .....

shueman
07-13-2007, 04:51 AM
Great times...enjoy 'em to the fullest :cool: Before you know it, you'll be out shopping for a prom dress...;)

centerhill condor
07-13-2007, 06:15 AM
ahhh, the good life.

Ms.Havasu
07-13-2007, 06:22 AM
Savor every precious moment (as it looks like you are)
Mine went away to college and never came back, She's a doctor now on the east coast and we are flying out for her 30th in a few weeks. Seems like just a couple of years ago I was at her bobbie sox's game cheering her on. Best times in my life...No doubt.
Thanks for the reminder.:)

HavaSkank
07-13-2007, 06:27 AM
I live real close to a Boy Scout camp and my daughter and her friends LOVE scaring the campers. It's a favorite, local past-time to run through the camp at night making growling noises.
Hey man, it's a small hick town. What else do you expect her to do? Make moonshine and play banjo all day? (the booze and banjo only consume about 4 hours of her day)

lucky
07-13-2007, 06:32 AM
Mandy- I can relate to you sooooo welll . My daughter(13) and i have became even closer this summer . Little girls are Precious !!! We have been bonding up a storm - from Camping to firworks on
th hole with all HER Friends and their famililes to Driving the Boat and staying up till 3a.m with her messing with people on the Internet :) :D No offence to any one - but i iwll raise a girl over a boy anyday :) ps Maybe we as men can fix the next generation of women :) :D She started her babysitting Job yesterday -every thursday she gets 50bucks for watching three kids ! I'm sooooooo proud of her !!!

lucky
07-13-2007, 06:35 AM
I live real close to a Boy Scout camp and my daughter and her friends LOVE scaring the campers. It's a favorite, local past-time to run through the camp at night making growling noises.
Hey man, it's a small hick town. What else do you expect her to do? Make moonshine and play banjo all day? (the booze and banjo only consume about 4 hours of her day)
Let me Guess ? life size pic of the gay boyscout camp photo chopped with Their camp name :) purley evil you are :) :D

HavaSkank
07-13-2007, 06:37 AM
Pure Evil is my baptism name

TheCarDudes
07-13-2007, 06:38 AM
Good stuff. Pic of our little girl in the avatar. She is truly a "Daddy's little girl."

1 Baja Guy
07-13-2007, 06:40 AM
Dueling Banjo's ?

Wild Horses
07-13-2007, 06:43 AM
All this time I thought it was the Dad's that went with their boys to Scout camp! Yes I know there are a few women that can show their boys a thing or two about camping and Orienteering but in the long run to me it is a male rite of passage! I always thought they did things different in California.:D :D
Clint
Yes I am an Eagle Scout!

lucky
07-13-2007, 06:53 AM
All this time I thought it was the Dad's that went with their boys to Scout camp! Yes I know there are a few women that can show their boys a thing or two about camping and Orienteering but in the long run to me it is a male rite of passage! I always thought they did things different in California.:D :D
Clint
Yes I am an Eagle Scout!
I avoided boyscouts as ours was run by the Cathloic Church ! Tieing knots was a bitch - especialy on a four poster bed :D

BajaMike
07-13-2007, 06:53 AM
At age 12, dad knows everything.......at 14, dad knows nothing and her friends are experts on everything in the 'real world'........:idea:
Enjoy the next few years.......:D

HavaSkank
07-13-2007, 06:57 AM
Clint
Yes I am an Eagle Scout!
I knew I wanted you for a reason. Gotta love a man in uniform, especially one with dozens of colorful merit badges on it from cooking chicken kiev to saving the whales

RitcheyRch
07-13-2007, 07:31 AM
Enjoy it while you can. They grow up way too darn fast.

CoolCruzinCobra
07-13-2007, 07:43 AM
[QUOTE=BajaMike;2670033]At age 12, dad knows everything.......at 14, dad knows nothing and her friends are experts on everything in the 'real world'........:idea:
Yep! So true

Tremor Therapy
07-13-2007, 08:21 AM
At age 12, dad knows everything.......at 14, dad knows nothing and her friends are experts on everything in the 'real world'........:idea:
Enjoy the next few years.......:D
Isn't that the ever loving truth! For 13 years my daughter and I were buds! Now I am the meanest, dumbest, biggest waste of her life that exists. Oh, until it comes time to open the wallet, then she loves me again.

Mandelon
07-13-2007, 08:27 AM
Clint
Yes I am an Eagle Scout!
I do the weekend events, but can't get away from work that long to do a whole week up there. My son is diabetic and needs someone to keep an eye on him. At 13 his responsibility level just isn't high enough yet to monitor his blood sugar levels. At least not high enough to keep mom happy....:rolleyes:
It seems when you have two kids, that the time you get with just one at a time is special. There's no competition, there's no fighting......its just better.
Sometimes they get along like best pals, and other times the door slamming and yelling makes me grit my teeth so hard I'm afraid they'll break! :mad:

Tremor Therapy
07-13-2007, 08:31 AM
Mandy,
I feel your pain! My daughter is 14, and my son is almost 11. There are days when they get along so well and it just seems everything is perfect. Then there are days that you swear they are trying to either drive you insane or that they are going to kill one another!
I miss the one on one as my daughter doesn't really want to spend any of her free time with my wife or I. But I am glad that my son still likes to hang around...they just grow up to damn fast!

Ziggy
07-13-2007, 08:43 AM
Ha, I got a week alone with my woman too, whilst the daughter was in GirlScouts camp ;) :D
I'm excited to have her coming home today though...I miss the daily teenaged arguements :D

RitcheyRch
07-13-2007, 08:56 AM
Our kids must be related.
Isn't that the ever loving truth! For 13 years my daughter and I were buds! Now I am the meanest, dumbest, biggest waste of her life that exists. Oh, until it comes time to open the wallet, then she loves me again.

Mrs. Restless22
07-13-2007, 09:14 AM
Thats so cool!
She is going to grow up remembering those silly fun things with dad!:)

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-13-2007, 09:16 AM
Thats so cool!
She is going to grow up remembering those silly fun things with dad!:)
:jawdrop: :D Hey Honey.. :devil: :D

Mrs. Restless22
07-13-2007, 09:17 AM
:jawdrop: :D Hey Honey.. :devil: :D
Hey! :)
I miss you :devil:

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-13-2007, 09:18 AM
Hey! :)
I miss you :devil:
Miss you more.. :D :devil:

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-13-2007, 09:22 AM
There is a song my hubby listens to alot.. It reminds him of our Daughter who is also growing up so fast..
It is called Butterfly kisses..
You want a tear jerker for a song.. Try and listen to it.. Makes me cry everytime..
Here are the lyrics for you..
There's two things I know for sure.
She was sent here from heaven,
and she's daddy's little girl.
As I drop to my knees by her bed at night,
she talks to Jesus, and I close my eyes.
And I thank God for all of the joy in
my life, But most of all, for...
Butterfly kisses after bedtime prayer.
Stickin' little white flowers all up in her hair.
"Walk beside the pony
daddy, it's my first ride."
"I know the cake looks funny,
daddy, but I sure tried."
Oh, with all that I've done wrong,
I must have done something right
To deserve a hug every morning,
And butterfly kisses at night.
Sweet sixteen today,
She's looking like her momma
a little more everyday.
One part woman, the other part girl.
To perfume and makeup,
from ribbons and curls.
Trying her wings out in a great
big world. But I remember...
"You know how much I love you daddy,
But if you don't mind,
I'm only going to kiss you on
the cheek this time."
With all that I've done wrong
I must have done something right.
To deserve her love every morning,
All the precious time
Like the wind, the years go by
Precious butterfly
Spread your wings and fly
She'll change her name today.
She'll make a promise,
and I'll give her away.
Standing in the bride room
just staring at her,
she asked me what I'm thinking,
and I said "I'm not sure,
I just feel like I'm losing my baby girl."
Then she leaned over....and gave me....
Butterfly kisses, with her mama there
Sticking little flowers all up in her hair
"Walk me down the aisle, daddy, it's just about time"
"Does my wedding gown look pretty, daddy?"
"Daddy,
don't cry."
With all that I've done wrong,
And butterfly kisses
I couldn't ask God for more, man, this is what love is
I know I've gotta let her go, but I'll always remember
Every hug in the morning, and butterfly kisses...

socalmoney
07-13-2007, 09:30 AM
I agree that men should lead boys in scouting. That's how it was when I was in it. These days some Moms just can't let there kids go have a fun week at camp without them. Not implying that Mandelon's wife is that way, I just see it being involved in our troop with my kid. So many kids without any real male role models. Scouting is good for filling this void. Now on the other hand, if Manelon's wife if the one in his signature line, I am switching troops.
Enjoy your time with your daughter. I know if feels like she thinks your lame but your the most important person in her life.

Screaming Pete
07-13-2007, 10:00 AM
very cool Mand. me and my 10 yr old girl McKayla went shopping last night and daddy got the I can't say No's. did pertty well for her self

bunny 166
07-13-2007, 10:51 AM
Enjoy, Mandy... ;)

Debbolas
07-13-2007, 10:58 AM
Interesting...............Scream is up at a Scout camp with our son, they come home tomorrow:jawdrop:

lucky
07-13-2007, 11:00 AM
There is a song my hubby listens to alot.. It reminds him of our Daughter who is also growing up so fast..
It is called Butterfly kisses..
You want a tear jerker for a song.. Try and listen to it.. Makes me cry everytime..
Here are the lyrics for you..
There's two things I know for sure.
She was sent here from heaven,
and she's daddy's little girl.
As I drop to my knees by her bed at night,
she talks to Jesus, and I close my eyes.
And I thank God for all of the joy in
my life, But most of all, for...
"Walk beside the pony
daddy, it's my first ride."
"I know the cake looks funny,
daddy, but I sure tried."
Oh, with all that I've done wrong,
To deserve a hug every morning,
Sweet sixteen today,
She's looking like her momma
a little more everyday.
One part woman, the other part girl.
To perfume and makeup,
from ribbons and curls.
Trying her wings out in a great
big world. But I remember...
"You know how much I love you daddy,
But if you don't mind,
I'm only going to kiss you on
the cheek this time."
With all that I've done wrong
I must have done something right.
All the precious time
Like the wind, the years go by
Precious butterfly
Spread your wings and fly
She'll change her name today.
She'll make a promise,
and I'll give her away.
Standing in the bride room
just staring at her,
she asked me what I'm thinking,
and I said "I'm not sure,
I just feel like I'm losing my baby girl."
Then she leaned over....and gave me....
Butterfly kisses, with her mama there
Sticking little flowers all up in her hair
"Walk me down the aisle, daddy, it's just about time"
"Does my wedding gown look pretty, daddy?"
"Daddy,
don't cry."
With all that I've done wrong,
And butterfly kisses
I couldn't ask God for more, man, this is what love is
I know I've gotta let her go, but I'll always remember
Every hug in the morning, and butterfly kisses...
thanks , now my eyesballs are sweating

HavaSkank
07-13-2007, 11:03 AM
thanks , now my balls are sweating
Whoa! TMI dude, TMI

Wild Horses
07-13-2007, 11:08 AM
I knew I wanted you for a reason. Gotta love a man in uniform, especially one with dozens of colorful merit badges on it from cooking chicken kiev to saving the whales
You have been in California way to long. Real Scouts learn how to harpoon the sucker and make lantern oil. Chicken what?? :idea: Barbeque baby!!!!!!
Really a Blue Grouse in the mountains over an open fire!! MMMMMM:D

Debbolas
07-13-2007, 11:10 AM
My husband is a boy scout chick magnet:D

Wild Horses
07-13-2007, 11:11 AM
I do the weekend events, but can't get away from work that long to do a whole week up there. My son is diabetic and needs someone to keep an eye on him. At 13 his responsibility level just isn't high enough yet to monitor his blood sugar levels. At least not high enough to keep mom happy....:rolleyes:
It seems when you have two kids, that the time you get with just one at a time is special. There's no competition, there's no fighting......its just better.
Sometimes they get along like best pals, and other times the door slamming and yelling makes me grit my teeth so hard I'm afraid they'll break! :mad:
How do you expect all of the other Boy Scouts to learn first aid with her around. :D J/K As a father of a boy and girl I understand.

Wild Horses
07-13-2007, 11:14 AM
Whoa! TMI dude, TMI
Can't handle a guy with an emotional side??? LOL :eek: :eek:

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-13-2007, 11:24 AM
thanks , now my eyesballs are sweating
sorry But that just means you are a Man. ;) who cares about your family.
I was reading this and it sounds like I'm telling you who cares about your family..
That's not what I was trying to say.. I was saying.. you care so much about your family it showed when you read my last post.

lucky
07-13-2007, 11:39 AM
Whoa! TMI dude, TMI
no really - its ****in hot up here lol :D

lucky
07-13-2007, 12:13 PM
hey congrats to the moms that are helping ! I wonder if they hand out a MILF badge:) :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-13-2007, 12:16 PM
hey congrats to the moms that are helping ! I wonder if they hand out a MILF badge:) :D
That would be a thread all in itself..:D :jawdrop:

OutCole'd
07-13-2007, 12:18 PM
Mandy, can I send Nicole down there to hang with Morgan? Please??????:D

Wild Horses
07-13-2007, 12:58 PM
We have quite a few moms that help out with our troop. One is going to camp this year...not really her choice, 2 leaders required per troop. She's helping the entire troop out by going.
I see parents doing what they can when they can for their kids. If mom has the time to help out, cool.
If you start getting too manly (men, men, men, men) you start getting a little gay. Let it go.
Madelon, have fun with your daughter!
Somebody always has to Gay up a thread!! :idea: