PDA

View Full Version : How about a desk?

wsuwrhr
07-12-2007, 10:01 PM
Anyone have one they are thinking of getting rid of?
My new shop has a 5 star office. I was going to bring over my normal computer desk, but I thought maybe a nicer desk would be cool too.
Anyone have any ideas where to get a nice one?
Brian

YeLLowBoaT
07-12-2007, 10:04 PM
Billet baby...
If your up to a little bit of work you can get some very nice stuff at nude furniture stores. Alot better then you can get at the office supply store anwayws.

mxbundy
07-12-2007, 10:10 PM
Hey Brian,
Where did you end up at?
How much per square foot?
Lendon

Outnumbered
07-12-2007, 10:10 PM
My new shop has a 5 star office. I was going to bring over my normal computer desk, but I thought maybe a nicer desk would be cool too.
Brian
My dad got a pretty nice one at a desk place in the IE area a few years back. I'll ask him where he got it and I'll let you know. The cool thing was it that you can customize it to your style, layout, etc. Price was pretty fair too.

wsuwrhr
07-12-2007, 10:12 PM
Hey Brian,
Where did you end up at?
How much per square foot?
Lendon
I rented Unit D next to Racers Edge.
When are you coming by?
Brian

wsuwrhr
07-12-2007, 10:13 PM
Billet baby...
If your up to a little bit of work you can get some very nice stuff at nude furniture stores. Alot better then you can get at the office supply store anwayws.
Nothing like a nice wood desk.

wsuwrhr
07-12-2007, 10:13 PM
My dad got a pretty nice one at a desk place in the IE area a few years back. I'll ask him where he got it and I'll let you know. The cool thing was it that you can customize it to your style, layout, etc. Price was pretty fair too.
Cool deal

YeLLowBoaT
07-12-2007, 10:18 PM
if you do deside go nude, shoot me a PM and I'll be more then happy to tell you exactly what to do to make the finish come out perfect.
One of the major probs with wood(solid wood) is that the wood itself cost a arm and a leg.

BoneDaddy
07-12-2007, 11:34 PM
I have a full size dark cherry wood desk I may be willing to part with. It is too big for my current home. It is a normal size executive desk with plenty of drawer space. Really nice looking and in good shape. PM me if you would like some pics and more info.

HPBoats83
07-13-2007, 06:17 AM
Private Message sent.

HavaSkank
07-13-2007, 06:19 AM
Nothing like a nice wood desk.
Isnt that redundant? OH! He said "Desk" my bad.

Outnumbered
07-13-2007, 04:02 PM
The place is called Adair. Their prices are not that great unless you check the clearance section. My dad got a new exec desk that retailed around $1,500 for about $350 I think. Go have a look...
http://www.adairof.com/

socalmoney
07-13-2007, 04:39 PM
Cool stuff on this site.
70% off
http://www.jetagefurniture.com/dine_gallery.html

BoneDaddy
07-13-2007, 04:45 PM
I got your PM. I'll work on getting a picture posted in a few. I am local here in Temecula Valley.
I think I have the reciept around here too... I'll check.

BoneDaddy
07-13-2007, 05:12 PM
Sent you an e-mail of some pics. Let me know what you think. It really is a nice desk. I wish I had room for it.:)

boats&bars
07-13-2007, 05:31 PM
Brian
Brian do you have a cnc machine?

superdave013
07-13-2007, 05:36 PM
I like my old Steelcase (USA made). It's the same exact style I used at Huges Aircraft in '85.
But it's far from 5 star.

HighRoller
07-13-2007, 06:24 PM
Mr Macheenest, I think an aluminum desk machined from a huge chunk of billet would be appropriate for your business as well as a great conversation piece and verification of your skills. Get on it!

wsuwrhr
07-13-2007, 06:26 PM
Brian do you have a cnc machine?
Yes sir,
Up until this week, two of them were in my garage, a stones-throw away from your house.
Brian

wsuwrhr
07-13-2007, 06:29 PM
Mr Macheenest, I think an aluminum desk machined from a huge chunk of billet would be appropriate for your business as well as a great conversation piece and verification of your skills. Get on it!
I have long thought of billet furniture to be honest, however the reception I recieved seemed that the market wasn't there.
A few guys thought it would be cool, but more of a novelty item. I would love to do it, but I just don't think there is enough interest to return the investment.
Brian
Brian

HighRoller
07-13-2007, 06:41 PM
All kidding aside, billet lawn chairs or office chairs would be cool. You pre-fab small pieces that fit together so you don't have to make it all in one shot and waste a lot of material. Then you have the padded leather surfaces attach with Dzus fasteners. Definitely a "racing" type office or lawn chair but pimp nevertheless. PM me if you want to know where to send my royalties...

wsuwrhr
07-13-2007, 06:42 PM
Sent you an e-mail of some pics. Let me know what you think. It really is a nice desk. I wish I had room for it.:)
Nice desk.
Exactly what I had in mind, very official looking. I like it.
Brian

wsuwrhr
07-13-2007, 06:45 PM
I definitely wasn't talking about a singlechunkobillet you turd, haha
I was talking about billet components.
Problem is, I can never find the pimp to buy the first set. Belly up to the bar bud, I got the perfect machine coming.
Brian
All kidding aside, billet lawn chairs or office chairs would be cool. You pre-fab small pieces that fit together so you don't have to make it all in one shot and waste a lot of material. Then you have the padded leather surfaces attach with Dzus fasteners. Definitely a "racing" type office or lawn chair but pimp nevertheless. PM me if you want to know where to send my royalties...

yopengo
07-13-2007, 06:49 PM
Try Costco.com they have nice stuff...cheap.:D

wsuwrhr
07-13-2007, 06:49 PM
I am looking for something budget and nice enough.
My brother, readying the shop, and lastly, HAAS machine tools, took the remainder of my working capital, I am hoping for the kind deal like I give to fellow ***boaters. ;) ;)
Brian

HighRoller
07-13-2007, 06:52 PM
I definitely wasn't talking about solid billet you turd, haha
I was talking about billet components.
Problem is, I can never find the pimp to buy the first set. Belly up to the bar bud, I got the perfect machine coming.
Brian
When I get my river house I'll order some pimped out Billet Bar stools from SB products complete with wheels, steering wheel and a golf cart battery. Last time I checked, drunk driving inside one's residence wasn't a crime. (Until Hilary gets elected)Oh, a roll cage might be necessary. Can you knock that out?

wsuwrhr
07-13-2007, 06:56 PM
When I get my river house I'll order some pimped out Billet Bar stools from SB products complete with wheels, steering wheel and a golf cart battery. Last time I checked, drunk driving inside one's residence wasn't a crime. (Until Hilary gets elected)Oh, a roll cage might be necessary. Can you knock that out?
"What you want store"
I am not scared.
So far I have been successful in giving the custumer what they asked for. What I can create is usually directly related to what the custumer would like to spend. :) :)
Brian

HighRoller
07-13-2007, 07:08 PM
Okay, I'll take you up on that. If I can afford to drop a mil on a river pad I'll order this:
A miniature aluminum flatbed trailer on duals that I can use as a rolling bar. I'll pull it around the house with one of my barstools. Don't forget the spread axle configuration and custom mud flap mounts.

wsuwrhr
07-13-2007, 07:25 PM
Okay, I'll take you up on that. If I can afford to drop a mil on a river pad I'll order this:
A miniature aluminum flatbed trailer on duals that I can use as a rolling bar. I'll pull it around the house with one of my barstools. Don't forget the spread axle configuration and custom mud flap mounts.
"What you want store"

HighRoller
07-13-2007, 07:30 PM
Oh, and I want a mini semi truck to pull it with that has one of those miniature alky burning V8's under the hood. I could add a splash of nitro and turn down the lights....SWEET

boats&bars
07-13-2007, 08:27 PM
"What you want store"
Fire extinguisher holder?