PDA

View Full Version : Just drove thru L.A.

CBadDad
07-12-2007, 11:19 PM
...and it sucked!
I drove my son to quarterback camp at Cal Luthran in Thousand Oaks. Bumper to bumper on the I-5 northbound from the 91 to the 405. Three and a half hours to go 130 miles from North San Diego County. :220v:
After I dropped him off, I cruised with my daughter down PCH thru Malibu to the Santa Monica Pier, were we got out to stretch our legs. Then drove up Santa Monica Blvd to Hollywood. Total gridlock. An hour later we ate dinner at the Hard Rock on Sunset. Tried to get over to see some stars on the sidewalk in Hollywood but it was insane. Jumped on the 101 and headed home instead.
I don't know how you MoFo's that live and work around there do it.

Kilrtoy
07-12-2007, 11:23 PM
Come on its not that bad, It only takes me 1 hour to go 18 miles in the morning and afternoon

CBadDad
07-12-2007, 11:25 PM
Sounds about right.
The idiot drivers are another stoy...

boatsnblondes
07-13-2007, 01:17 AM
We don't put up with it anymore.....we moved up North, no traffic, nice people, green pastures, blue skies, nice river to take the woggies down to....you should should stay out of LA if you can...nothing to see there....also, let me know if your son gets scouted by USC...:D

JetBoatRich
07-13-2007, 03:45 AM
The drive through Malibu is always nice:D

CBadDad
07-13-2007, 05:30 AM
We don't put up with it anymore.....we moved up North, no traffic, nice people, green pastures, blue skies, nice river to take the woggies down to....you should should stay out of LA if you can...nothing to see there....also, let me know if your son gets scouted by USC...:D
Oh I will...shit, everyone within shouting distance will hear me braggin' about that. However that is still a couple of years away. Actually Stanford baseball has their hooks in him. Big lefty. He's been to two invitational only baseball camps there already. Me? I've got no loyalties. If I had a real edumication, I'd have a real job. He'll go to the highest bidder as far as I'm concerned. :D

UltraStealth
07-13-2007, 05:51 AM
...and it sucked!
I drove my son to quarterback camp at Cal Luthran in Thousand Oaks. Bumper to bumper on the I-5 northbound from the 91 to the 405. Three and a half hours to go 130 miles from North San Diego County. :220v:
After I dropped him off, I cruised with my daughter down PCH thru Malibu to the Santa Monica Pier, were we got out to stretch our legs. Then drove up Santa Monica Blvd to Hollywood. Total gridlock. An hour later we ate dinner at the Hard Rock on Sunset. Tried to get over to see some stars on the sidewalk in Hollywood but it was insane. Jumped on the 101 and headed home instead.
I don't know how you MoFo's that live and work around there do it.
You get used to it. You learn the shortcuts. Thursday and Friday is always bad in the afternoon.

Cigalert
07-13-2007, 05:58 AM
This whole topic is a farce. Nobody drives in LA. It's impossible.

HavaSkank
07-13-2007, 06:12 AM
I work in Hollywood and downtown frequently.After awhile you learn the traffic secrets and what streets to avoid from 7-9 am and 4-7pm.
The Hard Rock is lame. You should have had dinner at Cali Pizza Kitchen in the Hollywood & Highland mall. That's where you go for celebrity sightings and freak watching.
Sandy Eggo is just as frustrating when it comes to traffic. One way streets are a pain in my ass.

H20 Toie
07-13-2007, 06:37 AM
Its not bad except for all these tourist that keep coming thru. :)

Partycattin
07-13-2007, 06:54 AM
I try to work from home as much as I can. The occasional trip to the office does often suck though.

Kilrtoy
07-13-2007, 07:12 AM
I work in Hollywood and downtown frequently.
I thought I recognized you from a few different corners

a catered life
07-13-2007, 07:13 AM
The drive through Malibu is always nice:D
what does a country boy like you know about the malibu:D

HavaSkank
07-13-2007, 07:18 AM
I thought I recognized you from a few different corners
I had to give up working Hollywood Blvd. Those eff'ing trannies impede my biz. I hate it when the chicks-with-dicks sell more poon than I can.

Cigalert
07-13-2007, 07:24 AM
Or pehaps it's the welding gloves and framing toolbelt that scares them off.

RitcheyRch
07-13-2007, 07:36 AM
I dont think you ever get used to the traffic. Think you learn to deal with it. I was driving from Castaic to El Segundo for years. The drive in the morning wasnt bad since went in early but the drive home sucked. There were days it took 2-3 hours to go 50 miles.