PDA

View Full Version : Lucille's in the OC

Mattman
07-13-2007, 06:33 AM
Went to dinner there last night with some work buddies. Great menu items with every type of BBQ'd carcass you can think of. Big beers...tried their in house stuff called Great White and it was, well, great! Good atmosphere and the place was packed. For all you south county folk, it's at El Toro and Rockfield across from the new Home Depot. If you like ribs and tri-tip try the menu item they call the "back porch". I do realize this is HB and some may be inclined to call it the "back door" which is perfectly acceptable:)

TheCarDudes
07-13-2007, 06:37 AM
That place rocks! The one we go to is off of Imperial Hwy and the 57 Fwy.
Great food.

Havasu1986
07-13-2007, 06:56 AM
That place rocks! The one we go to is off of Imperial Hwy and the 57 Fwy.
Great food.
I drive by this place every day on the way to work. I was at Wood Ranch in Anaheim Hills the other day which I thought had the best tri tip. The waiter told me that Lucilles was even better. Looks like lunch there for me. :)

catman-do
07-13-2007, 06:59 AM
We also have one out here at the Victoria Gardens. That place is good! Huge portions too.

Caljamr
07-13-2007, 07:17 AM
Hey do all the Lucille's look like an old house? The one in Vegas here at Green Valley Ranch looks like an old ranch house. The bar is cool and they have two guys playing the blues after 5pm. Good place to meet up for drinks and dinner.
Oh ya the "Back Porch" is awesome with tri tip and try the ham. Oh ya. :)

a catered life
07-13-2007, 07:23 AM
yea i have always told everyone that place is the best commerical bbq resturant in the business...they are one of those copmpanies that have followed the mcdonalds school of thinking by keeping it simple and make sure it always taste the same no matter which location you go to:D

Mattman
07-13-2007, 07:34 AM
Hey do all the Lucille's look like an old house? The one in Vegas here at Green Valley Ranch looks like an old ranch house. The bar is cool and they have two guys playing the blues after 5pm. Good place to meet up for drinks and dinner.
Yea the one I'm talking about looks like an' old school house from the south with a wrap around porch

RitcheyRch
07-13-2007, 07:44 AM
Wish we had better steak places here in SCV

Havasu_Dreamin
07-13-2007, 07:47 AM
I was at Wood Ranch in Anaheim Hills the other day which I thought had the best tri tip. The waiter told me that Lucilles was even better. Looks like lunch there for me. :)
Really? I've eaten both at both and found Wood Ranch to be far better than Lucilles, all the way around.....

Havasu_Dreamin
07-13-2007, 07:47 AM
Wish we had better steak places here in SCV
Wood Ranch is in Valencia.....

RitcheyRch
07-13-2007, 08:13 AM
Wood Ranch is good but need more than just that place.
Wood Ranch is in Valencia.....

UltraStealth
07-13-2007, 08:25 AM
Wood Ranch is good but need more than just that place.
Couple good sushi places......:D It's not steak.....but....there are a few good one's out there.

cdog
07-13-2007, 08:31 AM
I drive by this place every day on the way to work. I was at Wood Ranch in Anaheim Hills the other day which I thought had the best tri tip. The waiter told me that Lucilles was even better. Looks like lunch there for me. :)
You've got to go to Lucille's. It makes wood ranch's BBQ taste like boring grilled meat. They smoke it over at Lucille's. Probably the best around here. Get biscuits and apple butter to start.

Mattman
07-13-2007, 08:42 AM
As Homer Simpson would say, "MMMMMMMMMMMM, biscuits n' apple butter, AAAHHHHHH!!!!

RitcheyRch
07-13-2007, 08:43 AM
Not much of a sushi eater here. Not much here as far as BBQ other than Wood Ranch and the other chain steak houses.
Couple good sushi places......:D It's not steak.....but....there are a few good one's out there.

OCMerrill
07-13-2007, 09:00 AM
Were at Home Depot accross the street daily. I would say we need a Hotoat lunch there?
Sounds like a winner.
There used to be a Honda Motorcycle dealership sitting in that spot before that entire area of El Toro Road was re-born.
Amazes me how fast they put that shit up...and I am a contractor.

Mattman
07-13-2007, 09:07 AM
And where the Home Depot is was the old K-Mart and a really old school 31 flavors. I see there is a new Baskin Robbins now. Next to Honda was an old movie theater, pet store etc. Grew up in Lake Forest/El Toro since '75. Seen a ton of changes. Definite must for HB hook up at Lucille's!!

OCMerrill
07-13-2007, 09:22 AM
And where the Home Depot is was the old K-Mart and a really old school 31 flavors. I see there is a new Baskin Robbins now. Next to Honda was an old movie theater, pet store etc. Grew up in Lake Forest/El Toro since '75. Seen a ton of changes. Definite must for HB hook up at Lucille's!!
LMAO! The pet store was split in two with the fish store next door. My sister worked at that Fish store for years.
Those old theaters nestled in the corner was total old school. Wife and I went there all the time.

Mattman
07-13-2007, 09:27 AM
I waited in line to see Smokey And The Bandit at that theater..ha ha

OCMerrill
07-13-2007, 09:50 AM
I waited in line to see Smokey And The Bandit at that theater..ha ha
It's funny to see the popularity with just about anything "older" called "Classic" and such.
This sure does not apply to a shopping center. Has to be new and modern to attract shoppers.
So...Smokey and the Bandit - 1977. I moved down here in 1985 or so.

Xlration Marine
07-13-2007, 10:25 AM
Sure looks like it. We are getting one in Tempe, whole lotta knotty pine, with post and beam constuction. Thanks for the tip on how the grub is. Will have to go when they finish it.

RP2
07-13-2007, 10:34 AM
Thanks... I was just trying to figure out what I would have for lunch, bingo! Couple minutes from home, I will be having BBQ and a beer in a few.:D

SHAWNINATOR
07-13-2007, 10:46 AM
Lucilles rocks. I went there for my birthday one year. spent a hundred bucks at the bar before i even sat down to eat dinner.

bunny 166
07-13-2007, 10:58 AM
So when is this HB lunch?? I am getting hungry just reading this.........Somebody make a plan....... :D

Debbolas
07-13-2007, 11:01 AM
We also have one out here at the Victoria Gardens. That place is good! Huge portions too.
I love that place!!! :D
I always get the pulled pork sandwich, but their jam-bowl-eye (Jamboli & a crawfish pie.........) is very good too. ((Ok, how do you spell Jambolie):confused: