PDA

View Full Version : A/C Question......

Mrs. Restless22
07-13-2007, 09:26 AM
Our AC always worked good, but yesterday it started not blowing strong like it used to.
It seems like its on, but just not blowing strong. What the hell is wrong with this:confused:
Its a dual AC, so one controller downstairs, one upstairs, and we usually only use the one upstairs.
HELP! Im 9 months pregnant and miserable in this heat!!!!:(

Mandelon
07-13-2007, 09:28 AM
Its cuz you are so hot! :devil:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
07-13-2007, 09:31 AM
Don't know about your A/C but congrats on the baby to be!!!
:)
:D

Mrs. Restless22
07-13-2007, 09:33 AM
Don't know about your A/C but congrats on the baby to be!!!
:)
:D
Thanks hun! ;)

Chubby4Life
07-13-2007, 09:37 AM
Our AC always worked good, but yesterday it started not blowing strong like it used to.
It seems like its on, but just not blowing strong. What the hell is wrong with this:confused:
Its a dual AC, so one controller downstairs, one upstairs, and we usually only use the one upstairs.
HELP! Im 9 months pregnant and miserable in this heat!!!!:(
Sounds stupid but is the filter clean?

charitycase
07-13-2007, 09:38 AM
Check your inlet filters first kiddo.It just sounds like something is blocking air flow.Congrats on the baby.No wonder we haven't seen you guys this year.

Mrs. Restless22
07-13-2007, 09:42 AM
Check your inlet filters first kiddo.It just sounds like something is blocking air flow.Congrats on the baby.No wonder we haven't seen you guys this year.
We checked the big outside unit filter, and that was clean. Is there another filter somewhere else?
Could the ducts be clogged? I thought those things were like 5" round? :confused:
CC- good to hear from you! I hear and "see" your doing well :eek: :D
When is the wedding?

Mandelon
07-13-2007, 09:42 AM
I had a customer with a dirty filter. They had dogs and it was so clogged it was almost closed up. We changed it for them and they complained that it worked too well. Heated or cooled the house in 5 minutes... LOL.
Check at the base of the unit, you may need to lift off the top cover, then the lower one. If its a blue mesh type filter you can probably just hose it off in the driveway. Or replace it with a paper one that is better.
The filter could also be located in the return air grill, but that's less likely.

Mrs. Restless22
07-13-2007, 09:44 AM
I had a customer with a dirty filter. They had dogs and it was so clogged it was almost closed up. We changed it for them and they complained that it worked too well. Heated or cooled the house in 5 minutes... LOL.
Check at the base of the unit, you may need to lift off the top cover, then the lower one. If its a blue mesh type filter you can probably just hose it off in the driveway. Or replace it with a paper one that is better.
The filter could also be located in the return air grill, but that's less likely.
We do have dogs, and Im thinking that might be the issue (as opposed to me being hot, haha) especially since it worked fine untill just yesterday.
So at the base of the main unit......under all that motor stuff is a filter?

Danhercules
07-13-2007, 09:46 AM
You should have a filer in the celing some where. If that is clean, I live in a dusty area and have to hose down my A/C unit a few times a year. Dust gets in there. Use mild water pressure, dont wanna bend the fins.

Mandelon
07-13-2007, 09:47 AM
Yes.
It could also be something electronic as well. There's switches and relays that can go out too. They just pop one day. If it ain't the filter get on the phone for a service call.
Too bad you're not closer, I'd be happy to check out your system........:D

Mrs. Restless22
07-13-2007, 09:50 AM
Yes.
Too bad you're not closer, I'd be happy to check out your system........:D
Tell your wife your taking her on a wine valley excursion, get her really drunk, then when she falls sleep :devil: :D :D
Ill check the filter today, if thats not it, ill just suck it up and call someone. I hate paying people to do something that is probably small and so lame.

Redding Rat
07-13-2007, 10:02 AM
If your two AC's are an ac/ Heater combo then you may have a filter where the air is going into the units. It would be a large grate type affair that normally would be in your ceilings which looks like a large vent. The filter would be inside the grate and can easily be replaced. They are usually throwaway type filters that most hardware stories carry.

Dave C
07-13-2007, 10:06 AM
its probably a bunch of empty beer cans stuck in the intake to that bad-boy.... clean those out and you should be good!!
and tell Ron that ain't a trash can.. and you won't have the problem again.

Xlration Marine
07-13-2007, 10:21 AM
Sounds stupid but is the filter clean?
No it's not. Check your filters and change every month. Some have "IDIOT" lights. Sorry to take your name in vane Bildge. But you can set timers on most of them, and they will blink and let you know to change it. And stay away from those washable ones, they suck.

charitycase
07-13-2007, 11:46 AM
We checked the big outside unit filter, and that was clean. Is there another filter somewhere else?
Could the ducts be clogged? I thought those things were like 5" round? :confused:
CC- good to hear from you! I hear and "see" your doing well :eek: :D
When is the wedding?
As soon as Christina decides what , where & then when.Will let you know.See if you have filters in the house hun.

ratso
07-13-2007, 12:46 PM
Check the filter first... If the freon is low, the coils might also be "freezing" up... they'll be iced over and won't get good air flow then either.

Jbb
07-13-2007, 01:21 PM
.....How does someone not know there is a filter.......:D :D

Mrs. Restless22
07-13-2007, 01:33 PM
.....How does someone not know there is a filter.......:D :D
Whiskey Dick pushes paper all day, how the hell would he know!!! :rolleyes: :D ;)

Jbb
07-13-2007, 01:34 PM
Whiskey Dick pushes paper all day, how the hell would he know!!! :rolleyes: :D ;)
:p

Mrs. Restless22
07-13-2007, 01:42 PM
i have never in my life seen so many "a/c experts" all in one room !!! where the hell are all of you people when i put want adds out, asking for hired help ... i should just come on here ... good luck - and since we're on the a/c subject, check out my new re-designed website www.rohanandsonsinc.com :) keyes
Where is the frequently asked questions section?? :confused: :)