PDA

View Full Version : Pick up your damn trash!!

lewiville
07-13-2007, 10:02 AM
Its happening again. Trash left in the coves, on the beach. I was coming down from Moabi on Friday and saw a tons of trash in the river. What is with people???? :mad: :mad:

topless
07-13-2007, 10:04 AM
Its happening again. Trash left in the coves, on the beach. I was coming down from Moabi on Friday and saw a tons of trash in the river. What is with people???? :mad: :mad:Define tons.....:eek:

WYRD
07-13-2007, 10:07 AM
Its not just at the river, people are dumping their garbage all over. Everyday I see new piles near my house, face it people are SLOBS......

socalmoney
07-13-2007, 10:09 AM
You mean to tell me that California is starting to look like Tijuana? How could that be?

atomickitn
07-13-2007, 10:11 AM
wwaaaaaaaaaaaht:) what is this place you speak of ?:idea:

fasthtm
07-13-2007, 10:15 AM
The only thing ever left on a beach should be foot prints!

HalletDave
07-13-2007, 10:18 AM
The Siera Club is responsible, they are trying to get the river shut down.;)
Some people just don't give a shit. :mad:
You should see the WINCO parking lot in Lancaster, go F'n figure.
:idea: What if our elementary schools would include ecology in their curriculums.
Maybe the next gereration would have a better chance.

FOREVER2DOXIES
07-13-2007, 10:22 AM
You mean to tell me that California is starting to look like Tijuana? How could that be?
quel surpris !!! and we wonder....

FOREVER2DOXIES
07-13-2007, 10:23 AM
The Siera Club is responsible, they are trying to get the river shut down.;)
Some people just don't give a shit. :mad:
You should see the WINCO parking lot in Lancaster, go F'n figure.
:idea: What if our elementary schools would include ecology in their curriculums.
including ecology in the schools wouldbe a great idea but are you kidding?! they are too busy cutting education budgets.....:mad:

socalmoney
07-13-2007, 10:51 AM
We have to model the behavior we want from our kids. Do as I say not as I do doesn't work anymore. (it used to when beating your kids was OK 50 years ago)

OverKill
07-13-2007, 10:56 AM
We have to model the behavior we want from our kids. Do as I say not as I do doesn't work anymore. (it used to when beating your kids was OK 50 years ago)
Spare not the Rod. Take the Bible out, stop spanking your kids, America turn to S**T...

Debbolas
07-13-2007, 11:06 AM
Ok, not to defend the trash in Moabi, but the water comes up really high there certain nights. We can sit on the beach and watch shit float by.....lawn chairs, jet skies, cups, sand buckets,etc...:jawdrop:
If we find trash on the coves at Mojave we just pick it up and pack it out.:D

Mrs 2LKHVSU
07-13-2007, 11:07 AM
cute :)

mmered8299
07-13-2007, 11:09 AM
We shit and piss in ours. Lake Mead. Whats your problem.:(

lewiville
07-15-2007, 06:22 PM
exactly!!

Phat Matt
07-15-2007, 06:39 PM
Speaking of trash, I took my daughter to McDonalds for lunch on Friday afternoon. While we're eating in the play area, this guy comes in with his two young boys and there's nowhere to sit. The only available table is dirty because the previous slobs didn't clean up their mess. This guy, I shit you not, takes the back of his hand and sweeps the entire contents of the table onto the floor. Then he grabs a handful of napkins off his tray, wipes the table and throws about 50 napkins on the floor. Then, him and the kids sit down to enjoy their meal. I about lost it. Everybody in the place is looking around with that deer in the headlights look. After about 10 seconds of mulling it over, I looked at an elderly gent sitting next to us and he just shrugged like "WTF?" I said, as loud as I possibly could, "You've got to be kidding me, you freakin' slob." I got up and headed to the front to get one of the workers to clean up. As I'm coming back into the play area, he looks at me and says "What? That wasn't my mess, those people didn't clean up." I said "So you sweep the garbage onto the floor where the kids have to walk around it?" He said "It wasn't my mess", real emphatically like he did nothing wrong. Me and the older gent said, at exactly the same time, "Is that what you're teaching your kids?" He finally succumbed to the embarrassment and said "I think we should leave." Half the people in the place clapped when he got up to leave. In 41 years, I've never seen such a blatant disregard for manners and/or doing the right thing.
I told you it wasn't my mess. :argue:

jbone
07-15-2007, 06:49 PM
I love all the full diapers in the parking lots.
How many people on here are bashing litter bugs while you flick your butts in parks and playgrounds.
I go to the beach and make sandcastles with my daughters. I can't even count the cigarette buts we come accross.
And what makes it okay to empty your car ash tray in the parking lot???
J

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-15-2007, 06:55 PM
They can't they are too busy trying to get kids who don't speak English and handicapped kids to pass the English and Math tests for the president. Don't get me started. 1/2 of our middle schoolers at my school have so much English and math they only get 1 semester of science and 1 semester of social studies. :mad:
As for trash, it is my biggest pet peeve. Why should someone else have to pic of YOUR trash? Furthermore, if you see trash, pick it up! I don't care if it's not yours. Someone has to do it, why not you? I pick up trash almost everywhere I go.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-15-2007, 07:01 PM
Speaking of trash, I took my daughter to McDonalds for lunch on Friday afternoon. While we're eating in the play area, this guy comes in with his two young boys and there's nowhere to sit. The only available table is dirty because the previous slobs didn't clean up their mess. This guy, I shit you not, takes the back of his hand and sweeps the entire contents of the table onto the floor. Then he grabs a handful of napkins off his tray, wipes the table and throws about 50 napkins on the floor. Then, him and the kids sit down to enjoy their meal. I about lost it. Everybody in the place is looking around with that deer in the headlights look. After about 10 seconds of mulling it over, I looked at an elderly gent sitting next to us and he just shrugged like "WTF?" I said, as loud as I possibly could, "You've got to be kidding me, you freakin' slob." I got up and headed to the front to get one of the workers to clean up. As I'm coming back into the play area, he looks at me and says "What? That wasn't my mess, those people didn't clean up." I said "So you sweep the garbage onto the floor where the kids have to walk around it?" He said "It wasn't my mess", real emphatically like he did nothing wrong. Me and the older gent said, at exactly the same time, "Is that what you're teaching your kids?" He finally succumbed to the embarrassment and said "I think we should leave." Half the people in the place clapped when he got up to leave. In 41 years, I've never seen such a blatant disregard for manners and/or doing the right thing.
Now see, this is how I get my husband into trouble with my big mouth. I would have went over, picked it up right in front of him and his kids and said, "I guess the trash can was too far for you to walk." Then went and sat down to finish my meal. Glad to see that you said something. Most people don't and that is the problem. Silence = Acceptance

Sportin' Wood
07-15-2007, 07:04 PM
Now see, this is how I get my husband into trouble with my big mouth. I would have went over, picked it up right in front of him and his kids and said, "I guess the trash can was too far for you to walk." Then went and sat down to finish my meal. Glad to see that you said something. Most people don't and that is the problem. Silence + Acceptance
She lies.... She would have beat him with a ruler and made him write 300 time " I will not litter";)

lewiville
07-15-2007, 07:30 PM
I recognize the fact that trash is everywhere we go. When I started this thread I was noticing the amount of trash that is showing up at our Colorado River. I have been going out there for 20 years and would show up at a beach and never see the amount of trash the people leave behind today. In fact I would even back it out if I found some when I go there.
Sorry for the bitchen session, I hate lazy people.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-16-2007, 06:51 AM
I recognize the fact that trash is everywhere we go. When I started this thread I was noticing the amount of trash that is showing up at our Colorado River. I have been going out there for 20 years and would show up at a beach and never see the amount of trash the people leave behind today. In fact I would even back it out if I found some when I go there.
Sorry for the bitchen session, I hate lazy people.
It's not everywhere we go. Just everywhere we go in SoCal/Arizona and New Mexico and all the big cities. Maybe Southern Texas, too. I haven't been there. Get out past Kingman and Bakersfield and for some reason most of the trash is gone. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif

Dave C
07-16-2007, 08:10 AM
this sucks. We are from Norcal and when we visited Havasu the first thing we noticed was all the trash in the water... :mad:
First we dismissed it as dumb ass spring breaker kids....:( sorry to hear that this is happening outside of spring break :(
up here so far people have been pretty respectful (most of the time) and packed out their trash.

THOR
07-16-2007, 09:06 AM
These are the same POS slobs that throw the cig butts out the window.

lewiville
07-16-2007, 03:15 PM
These are the same POS slobs that throw the cig butts out the window.
my point exactly