PDA

View Full Version : Ruined my day

Mattman
07-13-2007, 11:05 AM
Wife calls and says she got a frantic phone call from girlfriend that she just found her dog hanging from a lower branch on a tree. English Bull Dog was in backyard barking at neighbor's workers in yard. Went on for a little bit then stopped. Twenty minutes later has not heard a peep from back yard. Goes to check on her and found she hung herself after getting cought up on branch. Said her paws were only a fraction of an inch off the ground. I guess she was wearing a choke collar at the time. Tried to resusitate to no avail. Next to her son this dog was her pride and joy.:(

RiverDave
07-13-2007, 11:08 AM
That's terrible.. :(
RD

shippingguy
07-13-2007, 11:09 AM
Wow very sad. I am sorry to hear this. I have an English Bulldog and they are so much like kids. I would be devastated.:(

RitcheyRch
07-13-2007, 11:11 AM
Thats terrible news.

havasurat27
07-13-2007, 11:12 AM
DUDE! the 13th........not good for some.

shrek
07-13-2007, 11:21 AM
Thats terrible...........That is why you can never let your dog keep a choke chain on when they are not attended.
Shrek

FOREVER2DOXIES
07-13-2007, 11:27 AM
sad to hear this and brings back HORRIBLE memories for me. about 6 years ago when i lived in Ojai, i had a sweet german shorthair pointer mix who used to jump the fence. the "humane" society fined me for putting her in our front yard on a leash claiming i was "cruel" to her. i tried to tell them that she jumped fences and she liked being out front and on a leash; that she was really safer out there since she enjoyed seeing things going on rather than being behind a fence...i was following all ordinances. they told me to put her out back in a fenced yard...not listening to what i had to say.
about a week later, i came home from work and looked out back. no dog in sight. i walked out back and saw her hanging from the fence by her collar!! she was already dead. my daughter and i were distraught...took her body over to the "HUMANE" society, walked in and dumped her on the counter and told them that she was now their responsibility.
i feel so badly for any person who has to come home and see what i saw that day...:cry:

selfmade
07-13-2007, 11:27 AM
I have an english also and I would absolutely lose it if anything happened to him. Sorry to hear about that

NoWorries
07-13-2007, 11:32 AM
:( Sorry for the loss man, I spent eight years in our beloved Corps and our mascot is the bulldog. I have a soft spot in my heart for the bullies and never like to hear when one passes, sorry again let me know if I can do anything.

Havasu1986
07-13-2007, 11:35 AM
Sad to hear....Put down my beer drinking buddy Marina on Mon. nite. :(

SummerBreeze
07-13-2007, 11:36 AM
Sorry to hear
I guess we need to keep the collars off when in fenced yards

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-13-2007, 11:36 AM
:( That is just horrible. I can't even imagine what she was thinking or feeling when she saw that. :( :(

Daytona100
07-13-2007, 04:02 PM
Sorry about your hound. From a fellow dog lover. Mike