PDA

View Full Version : Help..........word perfect, not so perfect

Debbolas
07-13-2007, 12:49 PM
I'm writing about my Grand Canyon Dory Boat trip in word perfect verison 11. I've included pictures with each page.
Ok, so I'm done writing, I want to go back and edit the document. Add some things, take some things out, etc...(spell check!) :D
My problem is when I move the words around, they don't line up with the pictures anymore..........any suggestions?
Someone did say I was suppose to write the words and then add the pictures, but this thing is 24 pages long with photos. I didn't want to do that if I can get away with it.
Also I can't send it to FM. Her computer can't open it.....(Canadians!):rolleyes:
Thanks!
Deb
:clover:

barbigrl
07-13-2007, 12:50 PM
I work with Word daily.... I hate it. Try reveal codes. They often help. :)

Debbolas
07-13-2007, 12:52 PM
I work with Word daily.... I hate it. Try reveal codes. They often help. :)
That was interesting............. a little box popped up at the bottom with HTML info in it ?
I'm going to have to move the fricken pictures and re-type the puppy, aren't I :rolleyes:

socalmoney
07-13-2007, 12:53 PM
be sure to save a finished version and re-format a copy of the finished version in case you mess up.

Debbolas
07-13-2007, 12:54 PM
be sure to save a finished version and re-format a copy of the finished version in case you mess up.
yeah, THAT was weird, it has a timed backup so there are 50 million versions of my jounal. I finished it Wednesday and it took me about 15 minutes to find the finished version today.
I miss DOS:(

socalmoney
07-13-2007, 12:54 PM
Try inserting your images and then just copy and paste the text into the doc from your "final version".

socalmoney
07-13-2007, 12:55 PM
yeah, THAT was weird, it has a timed backup so there are 50 million versions of my jounal. I finished it Wednesday and it took me about 15 minutes to find the finished version today.
I miss DOS:(
Just sort by "modified". The last version saved should be at the top.

Debbolas
07-13-2007, 12:57 PM
ok

Debbolas
07-13-2007, 01:04 PM
I'm going to copy and paste each page to it's own file, edit it, then copy into one master file :D

cxr133
07-13-2007, 01:08 PM
i havent used wordperfect in awhile...
but what i remember they have some type of tool for text wrapping around images...

C-2
07-13-2007, 02:08 PM
Sounds like text wrapping. When placing images in docs, an easy trick is to place each one in a table, then adjust the table settings/select no border so you can’t see the table. This ensures you can change up your doc without worrying about text wrapping., borders, page breaks etc.. I often use multiple tables, it’s really easy once you get the hang of it.
Another nice program to use, if you’re sick of Word and WordPerfect, is Open Office Writer. It’s a free suite of programs pout out by Sun Microsystems as an alternative to Microsoft. High quality stuff and has a button which allows you to save to PDF – no more separate actions, no need for full version Acrobat, it’s all built in and FREE.
Say hi to FM :)
http://www.openoffice.org/

socalmoney
07-13-2007, 02:35 PM
You know Debbolas, if you have that much content, you should consider having a book published. There are tons of on-line print on demand and you could included all your photos. They will deliver a hard cover book all bound and everything. They order as many as you like and give them as gifts to those who traveled with you.
http://www.zookbinders.com/index.php

Debbolas
07-13-2007, 03:34 PM
I just sent page 1-8 to FM (cross your fingers)
I was writing this just to get it out of my head. :D A book would be cool. I'll check it out. I want to send this to the company that runs the trips, OARS....I might win a trip ;)