PDA

View Full Version : bringing a shine back to last

Strippoker
07-13-2007, 08:06 PM
ok so here is a little bit of info to check out about a product that im proud to use on my boat.
http://badassindustrial.com/leverage.htm

boats&bars
07-13-2007, 08:39 PM
They $ure are proud of their products...

Leverage
07-13-2007, 09:34 PM
This link might help you in your decision. I know that 1 bottle of Polish will do a 36ft boat twice. IMO I think that's a lot for the money. Look at how much 3M and Meguires charge for a small bottle of wax that is usually enough to do a 16ft boat if your lucky. ;)
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140741

phebus
07-15-2007, 08:50 AM
Leverage was first started being used on brand new Cobalts that came from a local dealerships. It was found that applying Leverageā„¢ Polish when the boat is brand new or like brand new keeps the finish perfect and is extremely easy to maintain. You can wipe off the water line, spider feces or any dirt with just a wet towel. It also protects against UV rays and oxidation.
Sorry, but I've never had a "Spider feces" problem on any boat I have ever used. :confused: WTF????

TRG
07-15-2007, 11:13 AM
Please do not take this the wrong way, but, this product is being displayed in the same way that Mcguires and Most all of the other products are (Best stuff on earth), aside from the "Sex sells" campaign ( Though Damn nice to look at!), i have found that those products are far less superior to some of the "No name" products that i use in my shop, i am interested in trying your product (hell, i'll try most anything once or twice) but i am not interested in the commitment Of upwards $80 to test it out, Yacht Bright is just about the best stuff that ive found for cutting (asside the late Rollite) and a 3M grey foam pad polish for swirl remover and a final Auto magic "Bananna wax" for polish.
I tend to jump around a bit to find a few sidelind products for the situation when my usual is not avail.!
Will you (In your own words) explain to me why i should carry your product and use it on my customers boats?
Yacht Brite- $100 10lbs. that will go quite a ways!
1Qt 3M grey foam pad polish $22 sticks around for quite a while!
1 Gal. Auto magic Bananna wax $25 last purchase, before Xmas
So for under a $150 stones i have a few products that stay stocked up in the shop cabinet for quite some time and the performance is flawless!
Is there a test sample that is avail. or does it cost me somewhere in the neighborhood of $80 to test your product?
Again, Please do not take this the wrong way!
I am always interested in trying the next best thing!
My tax guy this year wondered why i spent so much money on finish products this last year rather than the year prior? lol
Todd
TRG custom fiberglass
4691 Arrow Hwy unit B
Montclair Ca. 91763

Leverage
07-17-2007, 04:08 PM
Leverage was first started being used on brand new Cobalts that came from a local dealerships. It was found that applying Leverageā„¢ Polish when the boat is brand new or like brand new keeps the finish perfect and is extremely easy to maintain. You can wipe off the water line, spider feces or any dirt with just a wet towel. It also protects against UV rays and oxidation.
Sorry, but I've never had a "Spider feces" problem on any boat I have ever used. :confused: WTF????
That is more of a Midwest problem I guess. Our marinas/boat docks tend to get over run by spiders throughout the year. It becomes a real problem when the spider crap stays on the finish and the owner does not wipe it off. I've attached a couple of pics, so you can see the black dots. These are before I detail them. I posted the after below.

Leverage
07-17-2007, 04:50 PM
Please do not take this the wrong way, but, this product is being displayed in the same way that Mcguires and Most all of the other products are (Best stuff on earth), aside from the "Sex sells" campaign ( Though Damn nice to look at!)
Will you (In your own words) explain to me why i should carry your product and use it on my customers boats?
Yacht Brite- $100 10lbs. that will go quite a ways!
1Qt 3M grey foam pad polish $22 sticks around for quite a while!
1 Gal. Auto magic Bananna wax $25 last purchase, before Xmas
So for under a $150 stones i have a few products that stay stocked up in the shop cabinet for quite some time and the performance is flawless!
Is there a test sample that is avail. or does it cost me somewhere in the neighborhood of $80 to test your product?
Again, Please do not take this the wrong way!
I am always interested in trying the next best thing!
My tax guy this year wondered why i spent so much money on finish products this last year rather than the year prior? lol
Todd
TRG custom fiberglass
4691 Arrow Hwy unit B
Montclair Ca. 91763
Hey Todd,
To begin with, I had to cut your post a bit, so I had room to reply. ;)
I originally started as a 'NO' name business developing my own products. My wife and I own two businesses, 'Marine Clean' and 'Leverage'. Marine Clean is my original business that started it all. I began over ten years ago detailing boats on the side and then turned it into a Full time operation. I average between 12-15 boats per week year round ranging from 16ft. to 110ft and have eleven well trained employees.
I tried many different compounds and polishes in the beginning, but longevity really didn't seem to be there. I started researching the effects of Carnauba, Petroleum Distillates and Silicone on Fiberglass. I found that they can cause damage to the surface if not removed over time. If you use Petroleum Distillates for buffing/stripping the surface it will work, but if it's left on then it can cause discoloration. I've found that Carnauba will cause a boat to yellow similar to the effects of leaving it in the water over time. So that's the shorter version of why I developed Leverage.
My retail prices are very fair for the quality and amount you receive, especially compared to many others on the market. Have you priced a 32oz bottle of 3M Finess-it lately? Ex... We did a 1991 18ft Malibu yesterday morning that was in bad need of some TLC. I wet sanded in a couple of areas then used my Oxidation Remover (1/4 of the bottle) and then hand polished it with my Polish (1/8 of a bottle). My Oxidation Remover is a low sling formula and my 24oz. bottle of Polish will do a 36ft. boat twice.
Todd, I hope this helps answer some of your questions. If you have anything specific post up and I will check back often or call me at 866-581-SHINE. Also, like with anything else, discounts are given depending on what and how much you order. ;)
Get in touch with Jason over at Ultra and see what he can do. He is also my West Coast guy.
Donnie

Leverage
07-17-2007, 05:06 PM
After Cleaning and Polishing.