PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes Benz..You SUCK!!!

Baja Big Dog
07-14-2007, 05:30 AM
So this guy in Glendale hits this girl in the street with his 2003 Benz and kills her, he didnt stop, he didnt even slow down.
The cops find out who it is, the Benz has a locator in it, the cops ask Benz to locate the car, they tell them to pound sand!!!!! They wouldnt do it without a court order, which the cops get and Benz tells them to pound sand again.
I wonder how many posts its gonna take for someone to defend Mercedes Benz???
This is from the Daily News...
As of late Friday afternoon, the Mercedes-Benz of America refused to assist in locating the car that was involved, according to John Balian of the Glendale Police Department. Balian said the New Jersey-based firm originally told police to obtain a court order, which they did, but officials with the company have refused to acknowledge the court order.
Police told the firm that they were concerned that the Mercedes-Benz might be dumped before they can locate its owner. Balian said police are baffled at the refusal of the firm to acknowledge the court order, and pointed out to the firm that "this is a hit-and-run homicide case, not a shoplifting case."
Balian said that it was pointed out to the firm that time is of the essence in this case, to which the firm's representative said it would fight the order and it would take months before they would be forced to comply with an order. No reason for the company's refusal to help in finding the driver was offered, he said.

Cigalert
07-14-2007, 05:45 AM
I saw this the other day one the news. The car would need teleaid or GPS in order to be located. From the video I saw it looked like the grill of an amg series S-class. iirc, the 03 amg series all had GPS and teleaid standard. Then again the car could have an aftermarket grill insert leaving potential for no teleaid present. Then again, maybe it's Diamlers idea of telling america "we already showed you what we think of Chrysler, how many other ways can we flip you the bird!".

OCMerrill
07-14-2007, 05:56 AM
This is purely ridicules.:mad:
There must be more to the story?
As a side thought...
I agree,
Their commitment to Chrysler was a "as long as were doing well" as soon as sales slowed they jumped. Nice relationship commitment.
I did the MBZ thing once. The dealerships try hard but the company it's self is crap. I had a car with tons of issues and they stepped up to nothing. Sure wished I had leased that car.

wsuwrhr
07-14-2007, 06:28 AM
I wonder how many posts its gonna take for someone to defend Mercedes Benz???
I guess it will be three, and what a tough spot for MB to be in.
I have long felt that tracking devices (like OnStar) had potential to be used for what they weren't intended.
It is only a matter of time...OBD II has already been abused.
If the police know what MB it is, then don't they also know who owns it? Why can't they showup on the guy's doorstep?
There has to be more to this story.
Brian

GunninGopher
07-14-2007, 06:29 AM
The other side of the story is the MB does not want its owners/buyers to think that big brother can spy on them using their cars. If 5% of their buyers think that, then they could take a significant hit in sales, and I'l bet a lot more than 5% will think that.
I think that they should have helped, but just kept it on the down-low. Something like, "we're not going to help you due to privacy concerns, but since I got you on the phone, one of our employees saw some trash in the driveway around XXXX and ZZZZ."

wsuwrhr
07-14-2007, 06:33 AM
Exactly.
As unfortunate as it is.
The other side of the story is the MB does not want its owners/buyers to think that big brother can spy on them using their cars. If 5% of their buyers think that, then they could take a significant hit in sales, and I'l bet a lot more than 5% will think that.
I think that they should have helped, but just kept it on the down-low. Something like, "we're not going to help you due to privacy concerns, but since I got you on the phone, one of our employees saw some trash in the driveway around XXXX and ZZZZ."

BoatPI
07-14-2007, 06:49 AM
Having tracked many vehicles in my LE days, this is the first time that I have heard of a company refusing to locate a vehicle.
Generally if the vehicle is NOT reported stolen, they require a court order.
Note: many companies, including ONSTAR, will locate a vehicle if it is reported stolen by the owner, and LOJAC will work closely with LE to locate the vehicle as they have agents that are retired LE throughout the country.
The simple way is the obtain a search warrant, as Glendale PD did. From what I read they obtained two search warrants to adheare to some language that MB wanted in the document. When obtaining the courst document detectives often end up dealing with the legal side of the company, and MB HQ is in New Jersey.
This is really bad press for MB. Understand that any company has the right to refuse such an order but they would normally have an attorney appear in the specific judges court soon after being served with the order to contest the order. But like I said, this is almost unheard of.
I suspect that this will be resolved in a few days, perhaps a few days too late.

Cigalert
07-14-2007, 07:09 AM
Having tracked many vehicles in my LE days, this is the first time that I have heard of a company refusing to locate a vehicle.
Generally if the vehicle is NOT reported stolen, they require a court order.
Note: many companies, including ONSTAR, will locate a vehicle if it is reported stolen by the owner, and LOJAC will work closely with LE to locate the vehicle as they have agents that are retired LE throughout the country.
The simple way is the obtain a search warrant, as Glendale PD did. From what I read they obtained two search warrants to adheare to some language that MB wanted in the document. When obtaining the courst document detectives often end up dealing with the legal side of the company, and MB HQ is in New Jersey.
This is really bad press for MB. Understand that any company has the right to refuse such an order but they would normally have an attorney appear in the specific judges court soon after being served with the order to contest the order. But like I said, this is almost unheard of.
I suspect that this will be resolved in a few days, perhaps a few days too late.
I had a conversation about "big brother" with the developer of lojack a few years ago. I remember him saying he had some tie with Huntington PD when he was first testing. The intention of lojack right out of the box was to work directly with PD's to track vehicles. With that being said, it's weird Mercedes is resistant to this because I have lojack on my benz. If the benz in question doesn't have lojack and just teleaid then that is a service provided by mercedes directly resulting in the privacy theory already discussed by gopher.
It could also be that the owner has already been questioned. Since this happened late at night the owner could have said "that car was stolen while I was sleeping and I don't know where it is".
Or the original owner could have sold the vehicle and the new owner did not update their records. Perhaps mercedes is trying to keep them from questioning someone who had nothing to do with this.

BoatPI
07-14-2007, 07:20 AM
The last thing anyone would want to for someone to lieabout ownership or the theft of a car with LE knowledge. This would taint the investigation, and court orders are not difficult to obtain.

burtandnancy2
07-14-2007, 07:42 AM
Yes, there's got to be another side to this story, but as it stands, this is a real black eye for MB. I have to hide and lock up my new CLS 550 or Nancy will sell it cheap. She's a real law and order nut...

25dic
07-14-2007, 07:52 AM
Anyone want to bet it was an Armo.

AZJD
07-14-2007, 07:58 AM
It seems to me there is a hole in this story somewhere. I don't think MB would flat out refuse a court order and risk being sued aswell as take the chance of having charges drawn against them for obstruction of justice.
Just doesn't make sense. This decision would have to come from the highest official in the corporation, or someone should be handed his walking papers.
I wouldn't be suprised to see a press release or statement from MB real soon clearing this up.....
Just my .02

burtandnancy2
07-14-2007, 08:16 AM
25dic. Are you implying at just because this (alleged hit and runner) guys name ends in ian, and Glendale is heavy in Armenians, there may be a connection? That would be racial profiling and that is not PC...

C-2
07-14-2007, 08:17 AM
I don't know why MB is taking the heat - cell companies refuse the same requests for GPS assistance/phone records during the critical hours of parental kidnapping, vehicle thefts.

burtandnancy2
07-14-2007, 09:15 AM
Bob, are you familiar with the story?

Spotondl
07-14-2007, 09:20 AM
25dic. Are you implying at just because this (alleged hit and runner) guys name ends in ian, and Glendale is heavy in Armenians, there may be a connection? That would be racial profiling and that is not PC...
The police have named the owner of this particular MB as a "person of interest" and yes, he is of Armenian decent.
If the shoe fits....

burtandnancy2
07-14-2007, 02:15 PM
Huff, do we have a consulate in Glendale, CA from Armenia? You only see that kind of stuff on Law and Order...

MudPumper
07-14-2007, 03:38 PM
I have long felt that tracking devices (like OnStar) had potential to be used for what they weren't intended.
If the police know what MB it is, then don't they also know who owns it? Why can't they showup on the guy's doorstep?
Brian
Yes we know who he is and yes we have been to his house. He was not there and nobody seems to know where he is (Bullshit). He knows he is wanted and is either hiding or already jumped a plane back to Armenia.
Anyone want to bet it was an Armo.
That is a sucker bet.
Not Racial profiling, just stating the simple truth. This guy plowed over a young girl while her friend watched and didn't even slow down. With the distance this girl was thrown from the impact and the debris from the vehicle left behind, there is no doubt he knew exactly what happened. This guy is a piece of shit and so are all his friends and family that are helping him hide himself and his car. Believe me, people know about this and know his where abouts and are keeping their mouths shut. No honor, no integrity, period.:mad:
This is in no way racial profiling but Armenians are notorious for hit and runs involving people and property.

MudPumper
07-14-2007, 03:41 PM
:mad: maybe it's one of these assholes that has some kind of diplomatic immunity and thats why mb won't fess up, till they get thier lawyers in line, pretty much b.s.:mad:
He does not have any immunity.

burtandnancy2
07-14-2007, 04:10 PM
They found the MB at a body shop in VN, but no sign of the driver (surprise). I can only hope that good police work did the job. Lets hope we hear from MB soon on their reasoning...

MudPumper
07-14-2007, 05:09 PM
Preliminary info is that MB did activate the locator which led investigators to a body shop in VanNuys. The car was already being repared.:idea:

burtandnancy2
07-14-2007, 05:20 PM
MudPumper, thats great info, now lets hope they catch him before the 11 oclock news...

Baja Big Dog
07-14-2007, 06:12 PM
Brian
As a Mercedes Benz owner, I would be wholly pissed off if Mercedes told somebody where I was or where my car was, even with a court order. I would fully expect Mercedes to tell them, but I would be pissed nonetheless.
Well Bob....hopefully you have enough friends that would tell the police where you were if you hit a girl in the street, so hard she landed 75 ft from where you hit her, killed her and drive off....

Baja Big Dog
07-14-2007, 06:37 PM
Well, there's where you're way off base, because I would never do that. Like most Mercedes Benz owners, I'm a law abiding citizen. The why is irrelevant. They obviously knew this guy was the perp, finding him is the problem. What happens when they don't know for sure? I did not serve for 9 years protecting your rights and your Constitution so that I could have my rights taken away from me, one at a time. You start letting the government have this kind of intrusion and next thing you know, you've got Sears tracking you with your cell phone for missing a payment.
Your right Bob...I have reread my posting and found out I was way off base. I apologize to you, cause I know you would never do anything like this, but what if some stole your car and did this, oh wait, that couldn't happen, again sorry Bob, please accept my sincere apologizes.
Oh by the way, if you did somehow go south and do this to someone and I knew you, they wouldnt have to worry about MB telling them where you were.
Have a better day than the parents of the girl this guy and his MB killed.

Baja Big Dog
07-14-2007, 06:53 PM
Wow. So if I'm unwilling to give up some of my rights I'm going to "go south" and kill somebody with my car? The intellectual level of this board is startling low, it's sad to say. Please feel free to snitch me off should you ever find me breaking the law. :rolleyes:
Reread the post, and don't read into it something that will better justify your responses.
Im afraid to say I cant agree with your "intellectual lever of this board" comment. If your knocking the intelligence of the entire board because you disagree with me then say so, if you think your posts on the subject of someone killing someone are stupid then don't post any further (doubtful I'm sure).
After all I did apologize to you, doesn't that make me a better person ole buddy, if not then again I will repeat, IM sorry Bob!!

MudPumper
07-14-2007, 07:11 PM
Burt, no consulate in Glenadale, i'm sure there is one in l.a. somewhere. he's probably hide in the sun valley area, heavy Aremenian population.
North Hollywood has a bigger population. If he isn't there, he is already back in Armenia.

RT21
07-14-2007, 07:15 PM
Just a question. What amendment states that you have a right to be free from MB telling the police with a court order where your car is? I must have missed that amendment in skewl.

Baja Big Dog
07-14-2007, 07:15 PM
North Hollywood has a bigger population. If he isn't there, he is already back in Armenia.
Or Iran....

Baja Big Dog
07-14-2007, 07:32 PM
Just a question. What amendment states that you have a right to be free from MB telling the police with a court order where your car is? I must have missed that amendment in skewl.
Anyone???:confused:

RitcheyRch
07-14-2007, 08:45 PM
Heard that on the news today. Actually kind of surprised the body shop didnt call the police when the car arrived as am sure someone there had to hear about the accident on the news.
Preliminary info is that MB did activate the locator which led investigators to a body shop in VanNuys. The car was already being repared.:idea:

Hallett19
07-14-2007, 08:49 PM
BMW's are way better.

MudPumper
07-14-2007, 08:52 PM
Heard that on the news today. Actually kind of surprised the body shop didnt call the police when the car arrived as am sure someone there had to hear about the accident on the news.
Don't know for sure, but I will bet my next years salary that the body shop is owned and run by Armenians that are friends of his. I'll find out and let you guys know. There is no mistaking damage done to a vehicle by a living being. There will be bits of clothing, hair, blood and tissue left behind.

Hallett19
07-14-2007, 08:57 PM
Armenians are notorious for hit and runs involving people and property.
This is just a fraction of what they are known to do..... :mad:

MudPumper
07-14-2007, 09:04 PM
This is just a fraction of what they are known to do..... :mad:
You don't have to tell me, I deal with it about 50 Hours a week.:D

RitcheyRch
07-14-2007, 09:09 PM
I agree and am sure that will come out in the investigation.
Don't know for sure, but I will bet my next years salary that the body shop is owned and run by Armenians that are friends of his. I'll find out and let you guys know. There is no mistaking damage done to a vehicle by a living being. There will be bits of clothing, hair, blood and tissue left behind.

C-2
07-14-2007, 10:18 PM
On a similar note….gotta love this story.
A couple of days ago my nephews show me their GPS phones their mother requires them to wear so she can track their whereabouts. Smart arses already have two simple work arounds;
1. They simply turn the phone off and attribute missed calls to bad reception.
2. They leave the GPS phone on and place it at their friends house, where they are allowed to be.
They forward their own GPS cell number into their friends cell number, and then visit all the places they’re not supposed to be at.
If mom calls, they answer on the friends phone, and no problem since the GPS phone is still tracking at the friends house.
Sneaky little punks!
-----------------
Gotta gow with SWB on this one.
Without a court order or warrant, stay the fawk out of my biz. Don't release or disclose shiat.

YeLLowBoaT
07-14-2007, 10:35 PM
yep.
I think I would make a few phone calls about that body shop... you know to the IRS, FTB, EPA, OSHA, BOE... just to make sure they are not doing anything else illegal ;)
I really don't know how anyone could sleep at night knowing that they are helping some one get away with murder.( I know its mansluaghter, but it should be fooking murder)

C-2
07-14-2007, 10:42 PM
Money talks - after all resources have been exhausted (family/friends), a reward will go up and they'll cough him up.
It's amazing what a little money does to family relationships:jawdrop: :sqeyes: :jawdrop: :sqeyes:

MudPumper
07-14-2007, 10:54 PM
yep.
I think I would make a few phone calls about that body shop... you know to the IRS, FTB, EPA, OSHA, BOE... just to make sure they are not doing anything else illegal ;)
I really don't know how anyone could sleep at night knowing that they are helping some one get away with murder.( I know its mansluaghter, but it should be fooking murder)
If this is in fact the case, our Investigators and DA's will no doubt be looking to file charges. All involved will be prosecuted.

MudPumper
07-14-2007, 10:55 PM
Money talks - after all resources have been exhausted (family/friends), a reward will go up and they'll cough him up.
It's amazing what a little money does to family relationships:jawdrop: :sqeyes: :jawdrop: :sqeyes:
$20,000 is already on the table for info leading to the arrest and conviction.:idea: The Department as well as the City want this guy bad.

YeLLowBoaT
07-14-2007, 11:08 PM
If this is in fact the case, our Investigators and DA's will no doubt be looking to file charges. All involved will be prosecuted.
I don't see how it could not be, anyone working in the auto body industry for any lenght of time can tell when a car hits an animal rather then another solid object. I'm sure there were plenty of red flags with this car.

32sunrkt
07-15-2007, 03:03 AM
Geeez.... Armenia is such a quasi-country thanks to the Soviets, Earthquakes, Turks & the rest of history (They cant get a break), So a person dissapearing there is entirely possible...
Also, as for Mercedes Benz .... Read articles 4 & 5 of our bill of rights.
-R

wsuwrhr
07-15-2007, 07:11 AM
Well, there's where you're way off base, because I would never do that. Like most Mercedes Benz owners, I'm a law abiding citizen. The why is irrelevant. They obviously knew this guy was the perp, finding him is the problem. What happens when they don't know for sure? I did not serve for 9 years protecting your rights and your Constitution so that I could have my rights taken away from me, one at a time. You start letting the government have this kind of intrusion and next thing you know, you've got Sears tracking you with your cell phone for missing a payment.
Sad story, no doubt.
The second part I couldn't agree more, hense the posts. It is already happening, one by one.
Brian

Spotondl
07-15-2007, 12:38 PM
Also, as for Mercedes Benz .... Read articles 4 & 5 of our bill of rights.
-R
Ding ding ding... we have a winner...

Baja Big Dog
07-15-2007, 01:43 PM
Yeah, you must have missed it in school. Apparently, the lawyers at Mercedes Benz and the judge that issued the order did not.
Nobody cares about their rights until they need them.
Hey what do you know, yet another stupid post by Bill, or Tom or John or what ever ShockwaveBob (don't call me "Bob") name is, that makes no sence, did you ever go back and read the posts and determine if you responses make any sence? I'm gonna believe yes since you made no other posts saying you may have made an ass out of your self by making senseless posts, because I'm sure your the type that will NEVER admit when your wrong!
My name is DOG!!!

Baja Big Dog
07-15-2007, 02:06 PM
http://static.flickr.com/88/243316596_233870be1c_m.jpg
Sorry, I couldn't resist :D
Im changin my name to Freakstick....Just trying to find out what it is....:D
Thats a pretty handsome picture of me, I just got my new tummy tuck, and a new braid installed!!!
Piss me off and I'm sending the ole lady over, and she is gonna have sex with you!! If that don't give you nightmares..:D

Sherpa
07-15-2007, 03:18 PM
Yes, there's got to be another side to this story, but as it stands, this is a real black eye for MB. I have to hide and lock up my new CLS 550 or Nancy will sell it cheap. She's a real law and order nut...
**Sherpa trying to get in touch with Nancy to assist* in the sale of a new-ish
CLS550....! lol.......
a few other issues in this thread, like this one:
On a similar note….gotta love this story.
A couple of days ago my nephews show me their GPS phones their mother requires them to wear so she can track their whereabouts. Smart arses already have two simple work arounds;
1. They simply turn the phone off and attribute missed calls to bad reception.
2. They leave the GPS phone on and place it at their friends house, where they are allowed to be.
They forward their own GPS cell number into their friends cell number, and then visit all the places they’re not supposed to be at.
If mom calls, they answer on the friends phone, and no problem since the GPS phone is still tracking at the friends house.
Sneaky little punks!
if/possibly when I consider giving my child a phone, and for potential
tracking issues, there would be one issue:
If/when I call, they sure as shit better answer the phone, and damn quick.
if at any time I ask to speak to XX-kid's mom/dad, and there not around, etc
there will be hell to pay..
one other issue on the thread dealing with:
Today 04:52 AM
50 cents, and a 5 minute detour to a U-do-it car wash would cleanse 90%
of what you listed on the car clean.....
either way, I think MB sucks for not assisting, and the dirtbag that owns the
car is in for deep shit....
of course if this was a hit-run/fatality boat driving case, and the guy turned
himself in after a couple days, and even after a trial/conviction, the guy
would get what, 10 months sentence-??
--Sherpa

RitcheyRch
07-15-2007, 04:59 PM
Havent heard the news today but have they found the owner yet?

burtandnancy2
07-16-2007, 07:31 AM
Shockwave, we've beat this to death, but I bet if your wife, or kids, or maybe even you were locked in the trunk of your highjacked MB, you'd wish someone would would turn on the locater...

BoatPI
07-16-2007, 08:00 AM
Some need to understand lawful vs. unlawful search and seizure. that is why we have judicial review and/or approval for searches in this country, MB bill of rights or not. These court orders are just that, and like everything else subject to appeal to a higher court. But as far as records, or this GPS based locator, a court order or search warrant is all that is needed. This includes the perminent installation of tracking devices by LE, a court order is needed

MudPumper
07-16-2007, 04:10 PM
Word on the street is that Mexican authorities caught the suspect trying to board a plane from Mexico City to Moscow Russia without any paperwork. Russia is typically the stop before going on to Armenia. I'll let you know more when I know.

Biglue
07-16-2007, 04:27 PM
Man.......I thought the brownies had it rough on this forum board. :D
I think it would have been more honorable to MB as a whole company to step up and help find the owner. If that was my little girl I know I'd want that sonuvabitch behind bars ASAFP.

BoatPI
07-16-2007, 05:01 PM
Just to throw ot a bit of unbiased observation of Armenians in Glendale area. I delt with many, and most are great people, very family oriented, but somehow the young ones, like 20-35, want that fast money and flash. This observation was even discussed with me while interviewing some parents, they worked hard, and the kids want it all NOW. Now, is that different from other ethnic groups, perhaps not. But I can tell you this, from years of personal experience, be very careful if an Armenian owned body shop in LA, or Glendale, replacing any sheet metal on your car.
There is a good likelyhood that it will be STOLEN. I must have cut up or crushed at least 20 nice luxury cars that I found in repair shops, many salvage title cars, another no-no to get into.
I just call it like I see it.

burtandnancy2
07-16-2007, 05:04 PM
So, are the rights of a car thief who steals your car violated when On Star traces the car to the (alleged) thief?

MudPumper
07-16-2007, 05:49 PM
There is a good likelyhood that it will be STOLEN. I must have cut up or crushed at least 20 nice luxury cars that I found in repair shops, many salvage title cars, another no-no to get into.
I just call it like I see it.
Funny you should mention salvaged titles. I'd say 8 of 10 cars stopped in Glendale and driven by an Armenian have a Salvaged title. I really wonder what is going on when some 20 yr old kid is driving an S55 AMG, has no job and the car is a 2006 with a salvaged title????????? This is how the conversation always goes:
Q: Who's car is this??
A: It's my cousins car.
It never frickin fails.:idea: LOL

burtandnancy2
07-17-2007, 04:48 PM
Its been 24 hours, anyone hear anything new?

RitcheyRch
07-17-2007, 04:50 PM
Been quiet even on the news

MudPumper
07-17-2007, 07:01 PM
Some stuff is being verified....I cannot disclose the info but the news should be coming out in the next couple of days. Our investigators have been working around the clock since this happened to get where we are today. You would not even believe the shit that is going on.
Went by the scene today and talked to the guy who was the first person to find Elizabeth after she was struck. He was in his apartment and heard the crash. He then heard Elizabeth's body land approximnatley 15 feet outside his window. He thought two cars collided and looked out. At first he thought the body was that of a dog that had been hit until he got closer and realized it was a person. This is a witness who will forever have to deal with the image he saw that night. He said, "She was just mangled, I couldn't believe it was a person."
I can't imagine how her friend must be coping. They were crossing the street together when Elizabeth was struck. She witnessed the whole thing.:(

Ziggy
07-17-2007, 07:26 PM
Whats the LEO's opinion of how On-Star may have handled this? From what I know MB's Teleaid service is using On-Stars satelite system, I believe Lexus is too.
Mainly curious how each manufacturers policies differ.
God bless this girls family and friends...this has got to be an extremely trying time.:(

Scapegoat1
07-17-2007, 08:12 PM
seen a pic on one of those flyers with the car and the owner a grigornian was the name ugly sombiatch. He will get what is due in time.
This crap is just a couple of blocks from me sad at least but these armo think the residential streels are drag strips especially glendale and brand and central.
Had a some guys almost run me and 3 others over, my cousin hit the car with a pen as they sped through the cross walk. dudes came back and started to instigate shit. needless to say the driver got droped as he was getting out of the car:D . it was him or me, the rest was to scared to come close after that.

burtandnancy2
07-18-2007, 06:41 AM
News at 11 said he is no longer "person of interest" but a suspect. Police say family isn't helpful. Hope some of you local LE keep us informed...

RitcheyRch
07-18-2007, 06:54 AM
Bet the Family hiding him out somewhere.

dirty old man
07-18-2007, 07:28 AM
As tragic as this story is, this thread has turned very interesting. Do you think shockwave will tell us again how he protected our rights to have MB not trace this car

C-2
07-18-2007, 08:04 AM
Come on guys, it's not just MB.
Cell records, atm/credit/bank records, phone records are also tapped lickety split to find dirtbags. All potential sources, and none kick down info unless they have an order/warrant - just the same as MB required.
If getting from point A to point B without regard for due process and civil rights - then gathering his family and torturing them into giving him up would be the easiest method.
Surely we are not naive enough to think LEO should be given carte blanche to do whatever they deem fit? LEO are regular folks like everybody else, and sometimes, mistakes are made.

Baja Big Dog
07-18-2007, 12:24 PM
I could honestly care less what your name is.
Again, you didn't read the posts, just making your stupid comments that make no sence..your dropping the thread is a good way to get you out of cross hairs. I will give you credit "Bob", you stick to your beliefs to the end, wish I knew more people that were as perfect as you.

Baja Big Dog
07-18-2007, 12:26 PM
I'm done with this thread, it has been beat to death twice.
I will say this in closing. I'm a strong supporter of the rights that all of us enjoy. Like many of you, I served my country in defense of those rights and our way of life. I would never sacrifice those rights for my own personal well being. Obviously, most of you would. I wouldn't.
Makes no sense at all....:mad:

It's all Good
07-18-2007, 02:11 PM
Glendale hit-and-run suspect arrested in Mexico City
By Ari B. Bloomekatz
Times Staff Writer
2:31 PM PDT, July 18, 2007
U.S. marshals arrested a Glendale man in Mexico City today in connection with a hit-and-run accident that killed a 24-year-old woman. Ara Grigoryan, 20, was arrested after he tried to board a flight to Spain, authorities said. He is wanted in connection with the July 10 death of Elizabeth Sandoval of Glendale.
Grigoryan had fled to Mexico City and hoped to fly to Europe, said John Balian, spokesman for the Glendale Police Department. But Grigoryan's travel papers were not in order and authorities became suspicious, Balian said.
"He didn't have the proper documents to leave the country," Balian said. "He was trying to go to Madrid."
The black Mercedes-Benz officials believe was involved in the accident was found Saturday near a Van Nuys body shop, Balian said. The car's license plates had been removed and the front and passenger sides repaired.
Sandoval was struck by the car about 9:45 p.m. while she was walking on Glendale Avenue near Windsor Road. Her body was thrown at least 75 feet, Balian said.
"The pedestrians were crossing on a red light, so traffic did have the right of way," Balian said last week. "However, it is a crime to commit a hit-and-run, and the motorist left the scene."
Grigoryan, who was escorted by marshals back to Los Angeles today, was charged with felony hit and run.

RitcheyRch
07-18-2007, 02:32 PM
Glad to hear they caught him

MudPumper
07-18-2007, 08:26 PM
Glendale hit-and-run suspect arrested in Mexico City
By Ari B. Bloomekatz
Times Staff Writer
2:31 PM PDT, July 18, 2007
U.S. marshals arrested a Glendale man in Mexico City today in connection with a hit-and-run accident that killed a 24-year-old woman. Ara Grigoryan, 20, was arrested after he tried to board a flight to Spain, authorities said. He is wanted in connection with the July 10 death of Elizabeth Sandoval of Glendale.
Grigoryan had fled to Mexico City and hoped to fly to Europe, said John Balian, spokesman for the Glendale Police Department. But Grigoryan's travel papers were not in order and authorities became suspicious, Balian said.
"He didn't have the proper documents to leave the country," Balian said. "He was trying to go to Madrid."
The black Mercedes-Benz officials believe was involved in the accident was found Saturday near a Van Nuys body shop, Balian said. The car's license plates had been removed and the front and passenger sides repaired.
Sandoval was struck by the car about 9:45 p.m. while she was walking on Glendale Avenue near Windsor Road. Her body was thrown at least 75 feet, Balian said.
"The pedestrians were crossing on a red light, so traffic did have the right of way," Balian said last week. "However, it is a crime to commit a hit-and-run, and the motorist left the scene."
Grigoryan, who was escorted by marshals back to Los Angeles today, was charged with felony hit and run.
Hmmmmmmmm......:idea: :D

finsfan4life
07-18-2007, 08:37 PM
Let me tell u my friends, Lo Jack is worth every penny !!!! Cops luv to hunt down Lo Jack signals, i'ts kind of a friendly competition we a signal is activated. But dont pay what the dealer first asks, dont pay over 1k..
Mercedes dropped the ball big time, they should pay for thier idiotic move...From what I know, Onstar will activate and track a vehicle is a vehicle is reported stolen, or if a person is missing...
And remember (in case u didnt know), Lo Jack get activated (or de-activated)when it's reported stolen to the police department..Fyi..