PDA

View Full Version : Should I be nervous??

catman-do
07-14-2007, 05:54 AM
So this is going to be one eventful weekend. Wedding, and possible career change in one. This morning I go out for Fontana PD and test with them. Im a little nervous about it, hoping I get past the testings so I can get the fock out of the mortgage industry.
Tomorrow is the BIG day and I get married. So those of you that have met Andrea and myself we will now be Mr and Mrs Lawrence after tomorrow at 130!
The thing is, im not nervous at all about tomorrow, but nervous as fock about today....

Mattman
07-14-2007, 06:24 AM
Firt of all, congrats on the wedding. What tests are you taking today for the PD?

Hotcobra270
07-14-2007, 06:41 AM
good luck.. wow! thats alot of stressful situations back to back

ahhell
07-14-2007, 06:43 AM
A cop in Fontucky and married in the same week.......dude, you are one brave soul
:eek: :eek: :eek: :D ;)
congrats twice (hopefully)

roostwear
07-14-2007, 07:25 AM
You should be nervous. If you get to the point of them doing a background check, they'll see you post on HB, look them over, and you'll be fuqued for sure. Congrats on the wedding though.

RitcheyRch
07-14-2007, 07:50 AM
Congrats on the wedding and good luck on the PD testing.

boats&bars
07-14-2007, 09:12 AM
break a leg bro..

Debbolas
07-14-2007, 09:29 AM
You have a lot going on in your life - all at the same time.
:clover: :D Best of luck to you!! :D :clover:

Mattman
07-14-2007, 09:59 AM
I believe the second Saturday of the month is batoning and tasering. :D
So last Saturday must have been Meth Lab production and how to tattoo your own body.

yopengo
07-14-2007, 10:02 AM
Congrats and good luck.:D

mobldj
07-14-2007, 10:04 AM
2 words...................pre nup

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-14-2007, 12:16 PM
Wow congrats on the wedding and good luck with the testing.. You can do it..:D

OCMerrill
07-14-2007, 12:29 PM
Why with all of the reputable agencies lookin for help would you pick Fontana????
Rio
Kind of my thoughts but congrats none the less.
Post pics after the deed is done.

THATJEFFGUY
07-14-2007, 03:42 PM
Why with all of the reputable agencies lookin for help would you pick Fontana????
Rio
That's exactly what I was thinking. There are plenty of agencies that pay alot more, offer better bennies, and are in better areas than....Fontucky ! I say keep looking bro !

EAZYKILLER2006
07-14-2007, 03:54 PM
congrats
on both
but.... i heard PD has the highest rate of divorce:(
well, good luck

Nord
07-14-2007, 04:32 PM
I say run from both situations.......;)

selfmade
07-14-2007, 05:04 PM
Good Luck in both ventures bro.:)

Tom Brown
07-14-2007, 05:10 PM
About a year ago, someone gave me a piece of advice that I have embraced to tremendous advantage. The guy was a total jack hole but his advice was good.
"No guts... no aviation medal."
Good luck, Mr. Lawrence. :cool:
See if she'll go anal on the wedding night. She'll probably be so happy about her day that she'll go for anything. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif
If she won't go for it, tell her "no guts... no aviation medal." That sound bite is a great way to coax people do shit that will probably hurt them terribly.

Jbb
07-14-2007, 05:14 PM
About a year ago, someone gave me a piece of advice that I have embraced to tremendous advantage. The guy was a total jack hole but his advice was good.
"No guts... no aviation medal."
Good luck, Mr. Lawrence. :cool:
See if she'll go anal on the wedding night. She'll probably be so happy about her day that she'll go for anything. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif
If she won't go for it, tell her "no guts... no aviation medal." That sound bite is a great way to coax people do shit that will probably hurt them terribly.
That's sound advice right there....

catman-do
07-15-2007, 08:21 AM
Firt of all, congrats on the wedding. What tests are you taking today for the PD?
It was my written and physical agility testing yesterday. I passed both and have to start oral interviews (and not the monica lewinski type!) the day after we come back from the honeymoon.

catman-do
07-15-2007, 08:25 AM
Rio
Ive turned in apps for Fontana, Ontario, Azuza, and Anaheim. Out of all those Fontana pays the best while in accademy, its close to home (i live in Rancho), and I grew up there so I know the community well. I also want to work somewhere that I wont get bored. Fontana has lots of crime for me to keep myself busy. Wouldnt want to be an Irvine cop or Rancho cop where they never have anything to do but pull people over.
However, I do have testing dates for Ontario on August 4th, Azuza later in August, and Anaheim in September.

Mattman
07-15-2007, 08:25 AM
I assume they will have a sergeant and lieutenant on the oral board. Possibly a civilian as well. Have you studied at all, as far as what you will say when they ask you the who, what where, when, why and how about police work and Fontucky in general??

catman-do
07-15-2007, 08:55 AM
I assume they will have a sergeant and lieutenant on the oral board. Possibly a civilian as well. Have you studied at all, as far as what you will say when they ask you the who, what where, when, why and how about police work and Fontucky in general??
I have talked to a few people about the questions they ask, and how I need to answer them. They have even gone into detail about the waiting rooms and some departments supposedly have camera's to watch potential applicants to see if they mess around too much with other applicants or if they are figity during the polygraph testing. I figure I will tell them the truth... you know about the drinking and driving the boat every weekend in havasu, the 1/4 pound of weed I smoke everyweek, on and the kilo of coke I had implanted into my left theigh the other day to help pay the bills! :D j/k

catman-do
07-15-2007, 08:55 AM
I have talked to a few people about the questions they ask, and how I need to answer them. They have even gone into detail about the waiting rooms and some departments supposedly have camera's to watch potential applicants to see if they mess around too much with other applicants or if they are figity during the polygraph testing. I figure I will tell them the truth... you know about the drinking and driving the boat every weekend in havasu, the 1/4 pound of weed I smoke everyweek, on and the kilo of coke I had implanted into my left theigh the other day to help pay the bills! :D j/k

Mattman
07-15-2007, 09:02 AM
Hey, honesty is the best policy..ha ha. I tested for LA Sheriff in 1991. The written was given at SDSU to hundreds of us. They tell you right then pass or fail. Then a few weeks later I had to go to the academy for an 8 hour testing day which included oral interview, physical agility, psych test and polygraph. You were able to move on to each test if you passed otherwise they told you buh bye. Talk about a long day...