PDA

View Full Version : Kachina is Being sued in California

thumper
12-21-2005, 11:48 AM
[QUOTE=C-2]
You can pursue fraud in civil court too, not all fraud is criminal in nature. Attorney's love to include fraud allegations in their complaints - it enables them to seek punitive damages beyond actual damages sustained (the cost of the boat and/or options). Fraud/punitive claims are also the first to be attacked by the defense.
They must have bought the boat from the OC boat show since the case was filed here and not in AZ where Kachina does biz.
truth is, if Kachina has insurance coverage then they simply pay a deductible and turn it over to their carrier. The plaintiff's attorney knows their only chance at revovering big coin is pursuing a fraud charge since most policies do not cover fraud.
__________________________________________________ _______________
The boat was ordered in AZ
Thumper

Kilrtoy
12-21-2005, 11:51 AM
Ok enough of the cat in the hat riddles.
Spill the beans or go away

Garrddogg
12-21-2005, 11:54 AM
Either elaborate or go back under your bridge!
Gary
Fricken Troll

OGShocker
12-21-2005, 11:54 AM
No shit, Kilr and F26! You gotta love these POS's.

RiverDave
12-21-2005, 11:59 AM
Why not just come out and say whatcha gotta say?
So Kachina screwed ya.. Tell me about it, I'd like to hear!
RD

redi4fun
12-21-2005, 12:02 PM
Everybody here loves to hear a story about a good screwing. :)

C-2
12-21-2005, 12:06 PM
[QUOTE=C-2]
Thumper
POINT?

ROZ
12-21-2005, 12:14 PM
[QUOTE=C-2]
You can pursue fraud in civil court too, not all fraud is criminal in nature. Attorney's love to include fraud allegations in their complaints - it enables them to seek punitive damages beyond actual damages sustained (the cost of the boat and/or options). Fraud/punitive claims are also the first to be attacked by the defense.
They must have bought the boat from the OC boat show since the case was filed here and not in AZ where Kachina does biz.
truth is, if Kachina has insurance coverage then they simply pay a deductible and turn it over to their carrier. The plaintiff's attorney knows their only chance at revovering big coin is pursuing a fraud charge since most policies do not cover fraud.
Thumper
So which is it? Bought at the oc boat show, or in arizona?

Sleek-Jet
12-21-2005, 12:17 PM
So did the newbie troll not know how to quote, and thus started a new thread???
Nice.
Docket number (I guess that would be the term) or such would be helpfull so we could go do our own research.

NOTALENT
12-21-2005, 12:17 PM
What's the point of posting this accusation without detail's??? I call B.S!!! :rolleyes:

Cole Trickle
12-21-2005, 12:27 PM
So which is it? Bought at the oc boat show, or in arizona?
I am pretty sure Kachina wasn't allowed at the OC boat show.....
Something to do with Disneyland already having all of the permits in Anaheim for Dragons,Fairys and Dalmations. :idea:

dicudmore
12-21-2005, 12:29 PM
Something to do with Disneyland already having all of the permits in Anaheim for Dragons,Fairys and Dalmations. :idea:
that there is funny :cool:

Tom Brown
12-21-2005, 12:33 PM
Thumper doesn't sound particularly twutterpated. :idea:

Holland
12-21-2005, 01:09 PM
Alright, Here is the whole scoop on this whole deal. I bet some of you will remember this guy when I am done!
Over the last year or two, this guy "Thumper," initials R.S., has been around. Had Louie known who this guy was before he made a deposit, Louie would have asked him to leave.
RS Came in buy a boat from Kachina... Yeah... gave his deposit and did his drawings. He had 17 revisions on his drawing. Most of them only moving a stripe or flame an inch here or an inch there. Louie was Louie... Kept making the changes until the guy was completely satisfied!
His third trip out there was to see the boat come out of the mold. He was jumping up and down with hapiness. He even took the gelcoater to lunch. Before he left, he was giving hugs, high fiving everyone, and was extremely happy with everything. (This is on tape)
Well, an hour after his plane landed back here in So Cal, he called up and said that Louie had threatened him with a gun, everything was wrong with the boat... so on... Louie (Blindsided) tried to keep RS happy by listening to what he said was wrong. Louie even offered to make changes to the gelcoat that were not on the drawing... The guy is screaming "I want my money back."
That is where that stands now. I think Kachina is even still trying to work with the situation.
Here is the hilarious part. This guy, R.S. has done this to other builders in the past year or so. He did it to Commander, ask Si, LaveyCraft and Shockwave.
What the hell is this guys problem...
If he is so adimate about his case, why did he get a new screen name? Because we could track old posts from where he did this to the other builders?
Bob.

Garrddogg
12-21-2005, 01:13 PM
Alright, Here is the whole scoop on this whole deal. I bet some of you will remember this guy when I am done!
Over the last year or two, this guy "Thumper," initials R.S., has been around. Had Louie known who this guy was before he made a deposit, Louie would have asked him to leave.
RS Came in buy a boat from Kachina... Yeah... gave his deposit and did his drawings. He had 17 revisions on his drawing. Most of them only moving a stripe or flame an inch here or an inch there. Louie was Louie... Kept making the changes until the guy was completely satisfied!
His third trip out there was to see the boat come out of the mold. He was jumping up and down with hapiness. He even took the gelcoater to lunch. Before he left, he was giving hugs, high fiving everyone, and was extremely happy with everything. (This is on tape)
Well, an hour after his plane landed back here in So Cal, he called up and said that Louie had threatened him with a gun, everything was wrong with the boat... so on... Louie (Blindsided) tried to keep RS happy by listening to what he said was wrong. Louie even offered to make changes to the gelcoat that were not on the drawing... The guy is screaming "I want my money back."
That is where that stands now. I think Kachina is even still trying to work with the situation.
Here is the hilarious part. This guy, R.S. has done this to other builders in the past year or so. He did it to Commander, ask Si, LaveyCraft and Shockwave.
If he is so adimate about his case, why did he get a new screen name? Because we could track old posts from where he did this to the other builders?
Bob.
WOW WHAT A BUNCH NOF SIHT!

RiverDave
12-21-2005, 01:13 PM
Bob.
Guy sounds like a whack job.. Either that or he has some get rich quick (or boat for free) method that he's working on ?
RD

Holland
12-21-2005, 01:51 PM
He is one of a kind... We Hope!

superdave013
12-21-2005, 01:55 PM
what was his old screen name?

slink
12-21-2005, 01:57 PM
I think I met this guy at the SW booth last year. Complete Bafoon if it's the same guy. BD or DAB is this the same guy? RD you are right, complete wacko and has no business around boats at all. If it's the same guy, he was dealing with DAB (dave) on the purchase of his boat. He kept calling Dave, "Steve". It became a running joke all year with DAB.

my21advantage
12-21-2005, 01:57 PM
That's funny shiat

Holland
12-21-2005, 02:05 PM
I am going to let him come out with it if he has the balls... I bet we dont hear from this guy again.

spectratoad
12-21-2005, 02:06 PM
I think I met this guy at the SW booth last year. Complete Bafoon if it's the same guy. BD or DAB is this the same guy? RD you are right, complete wacko and has no business around boats at all. If it's the same guy, he was dealing with DAB (dave) on the purchase of his boat. He kept calling Dave, "Steve". It became a running joke all year with DAB.
But I thought he was doing the RWB with the CEO & CFO?, of course that was before the BWI down in the OC after LE pulled him over for the BWI. J/K :)
Sounds like the guys is a little of balance. I hate scammers. :mad:

NOTALENT
12-21-2005, 02:07 PM
WTF??? This guy is a joke...Why would someone try to impose this type of burden on someone...??? Fockin A-HOLE!!!
Must be Schizophrenia

Holland
12-21-2005, 02:07 PM
But I thought he was doing the RWB with the CEO & CFO?, of course that was before the BWI down in the OC after LE pulled him over for the BWI. J/K :)
Sounds like the guys is a little of balance. I hate scammers. :mad:
LMAO.... oh was that another acronym???? sorry!!! :rollside:

shockwavebd
12-21-2005, 02:36 PM
Yes jeff thats the same guy..................... :rolleyes:

Sane Asylum
12-21-2005, 03:06 PM
I don't know what you guys are getting so wound up about.......Louie ran out of dragon, evil wizard and troll patterns when his clients boat was in the mold. Clear case of fraud.........He was only left with large breast, face and lizzard patterns.........The guy should have been mad....
The Kachina staff has since gone to see all of the Lord of the Ring, Harry Potter, and Little Mermaid movies and an abundance of new patterns have now been placed into the graphics portfolio
Restitution has been served.........Case closed......

Focker
12-21-2005, 03:12 PM
SHADOW :rollside:

DAB
12-21-2005, 03:12 PM
That's pure comedy... thanks for the reminder... yeah it was Steve all year :) Jeff, I think it's the same guy... man o' man... If he actually purchases a boat and takes delivery, I'm selling my toy cause that guy should not be allowed on the water...

Holland
12-21-2005, 04:06 PM
I don't know what you guys are getting so wound up about.......Louie ran out of dragon, evil wizard and troll patterns when his clients boat was in the mold. Clear case of fraud.........He was only left with large breast, face and lizzard patterns.........The guy should have been mad....
The Kachina staff has since gone to see all of the Lord of the Ring, Harry Potter, and Little Mermaid movies and an abundance of new patterns have now been placed into the graphics portfolio
They only paint what people pay money to have on there...
a $ is a $...

Garrddogg
12-21-2005, 04:20 PM
hey douche bag is it your relative or what? they will paint or gel to the customers specs!

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-21-2005, 04:21 PM
LMAO

Sane Asylum
12-21-2005, 04:25 PM
They only paint what people pay money to have on there...
a $ is a $...
Easy Killa...........Read your sig line.......Just piling on a little. I think Louie does a great job.....Almost bought a 34'er a couple of years ago........
Gotta admit.......There's a lot of strange chit that comes outta that paint booth.........On the other hand, I've seen some very nice work.....
It's the lure of "CUSTOM" and allowing those with an imagination to personalize a boat........The "you want it, I'll paint it" is going to bring some different customers in and some strange paint out..........
Just poking a little fun at the numb nutz that's got you wound up........

Holland
12-21-2005, 04:48 PM
Easy Killa...........Read your sig line.......Just piling on a little. I think Louie does a great job.....Almost bought a 34'er a couple of years ago........
Gotta admit.......There's a lot of strange chit that comes outta that paint booth.........On the other hand, I've seen some very nice work.....
It's the lure of "CUSTOM" and allowing those with an imagination to personalize a boat........The "you want it, I'll paint it" is going to bring some different customers in and some strange paint out..........
Just poking a little fun at the numb nutz that's got you wound up........
:D
I was just there when a customer was ...designing.... their boat.
Your statement of "you want it, I'll paint it" is absolutely true!!!!

Biglue
12-21-2005, 04:56 PM
If what is posted here is correct this guy is way fallen off his rocker. What is his point in doing this? I just don't see it. Way wrong to take up the boat builders time like that.

Sane Asylum
12-21-2005, 05:09 PM
hey douche bag is it your relative or what? they will paint or gel to the customers specs!
It's Mr Douche Bag to you focker.............. :crossx:

thumper
12-21-2005, 05:16 PM
Over the last year or two, this guy "Thumper," initials R.S., has been around.
Had Louie known who this guy was before he made a deposit, Louie would have asked him to leave.
Bob.
I feel your scorn and I accept it. However your facts are wrong on all points. Remember what Elvis said, "Truth is like the sun, you can shut it out for a time, but it ain't going away." It will all come out in the soap suds.
Deceit is always in haste, however honesty can wait a fair leasuire.
The fewer the facts, the stronger the opinion.
Author: Arnold H. Glasow
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
BAD Kachina:
Outstanding rational post. Thank you...time will tell.
The time is always right to do what is right. ~Martin Luther King Jr.
*I tried for months to resolve the problem but without ever getting ONE response...ALL ATTEMPTS DOCUMENTED!!!
Happy Holidays to all.

ChumpChange
12-21-2005, 05:18 PM
I feel your scorn and I accept it. However your facts are wrong on all points. Remember what Elvis said, "Truth is like the sun, you can shut it out for a time, but it ain't going away." It will all come out in the soap suds.
BAD Kachina:
*I tried for months to resolve the problem but without ever getting ONE response...ALL ATTEMPTS DOCUMENTED!!!
Happy Holidays to all.
and the plot thickens...........

soupersonic
12-21-2005, 05:25 PM
Its sort of comical how he wont just say what his problem is with the boat. Only that hes filed some suit over it. I have been to the Kachina shop and Louie struck me as a guy who would do anything for anybody to make them happy with the boat they chose.

Rexone
12-21-2005, 05:41 PM
Its sort of comical how he wont just say what his problem is with the boat.
Drama queen.

ClownRoyal
12-21-2005, 05:44 PM
BAD Kachina:
Happy Holidays to all.
Wow...very articulate I must say. Is he composing these at the Library? This is getting interesting :argue:

Totally IncapASSitated
12-21-2005, 06:06 PM
Wow...very articulate I must say. Is he composing these at the Library? This is getting interesting :argue:
No kidding...looks like someone just picked up a book of notable quotes.
How about not stealing what others have already said and come up with some original thoughts of your own there TubThumper!!!!!???

Sane Asylum
12-21-2005, 07:34 PM
No Hobbits were harmed during the making of this thread.....

Sleek-Jet
12-21-2005, 07:56 PM
This guy is making his posts straight off one of the "Quote of the Day" calendars. Nice purchase.
Opportunity... Yes, that's your boss... no, that's not his wife.
There is no "I" in "Team".... but there is one in "Kiss My Ass"... :D

rrrr
12-21-2005, 08:11 PM
Drama queen.
This has all the makings of the Perfect Hot Boat Thread. We have the requisite bashing of the boat manufacturer without background. We know that thumper is a repeat offender in the drama department.
All that is missing:
SWINGERS!!!!
Thumper's messed up boat coasts to a stop just outside the channel. He decides to swim for it, going to land to alert the POS manufacturer that the clapped out piece of fiberglass for which he paid $200K has blown up its twin Whipplechargers again.
So thumper dives in the water. Meanwhile, there is a stirring on another boat in the channel. The evil being languishing on the deck of the Bananarama sees the unprotected prize in the afflicted overpriced Havasu slutboat. As thumper swims toward shore contemplating legal action against the evil boat manufacturer, the low profile of the Bananarama's captain skulking toward the tribal flamed splashmobile is unnoticed.
NEXT CHAPTER:
Who Let the Dogs Out?

Holland
12-22-2005, 08:08 AM
BAD Kachina:
Happy Holidays to all.
Dude... Put down the trivial pursuit quote edition and fess up to your actions... Trying to be eloquent is not scoring brownie points here on the boards... Besides, it is not working.

NOTALENT
12-22-2005, 08:14 AM
Damn....Anyone can throw quotes out all day about something that is not even relevant to the topic...why dont you just come out and say what its about???? Stop beating around the bush!!

Old Texan
12-22-2005, 08:42 AM
It's coming across like a pig trying to wear a tuxedo.
I believe Thumpie put up all his cash on the deposit and can't buys his meds. His Bipolar a$$ is now completely out of control and being sucked up his own exhaust.:220v:
Let's hope he isn't flying out for the holidays, you now how those air marshalls can get with his kind. :cry:

thumper
12-22-2005, 02:25 PM
First, I want to sincerely apologize to any Hot Boater who was offended by my post directly or indirectly. It was not my intention. Specifically, I was only trying to be a citizen consumer and inform my fellow hobbyist's of a new development, nothing more nothing less.
Secondly, lying in bed last night, I couldn't understand why people are so upset. For example, if I were looking to buy a very large ticket item ( in the tens of thousands) I would want to know as much as I could about that company, any company, good and bad.
In summary, nobody was bashing Kachina, I wasn't even offering an opinion. I was simple relaying my experience, a real development, to anyone who might be interested.
Buy why is a barber who cuts hair more regulated (POS'S) than companies that build boats? Go figure.
I'm sorry I bothered you.
Happy Holidays to all.
When things are at the worst they can sometimes mend.
Author: Proverbs
Kachina, I am still open to discussion.

Kilrtoy
12-22-2005, 02:28 PM
First, I want to sincerely apologize to any Hot Boater who was offended by my post directly or indirectly. It was not my intention. Specifically, I was only trying to be a citizen consumer and inform my fellow hobbyist's of a new development, nothing more nothing less.
Secondly, lying in bed last night, I couldn't understand why people are so upset. For example, if I were looking to buy a very large ticket item ( in the tens of thousands) I would want to know as much as I could about that company, any company, good and bad.
In summary, nobody was bashing Kachina, I wasn't even offering an opinion. I was simple relaying my experience, a real development, to anyone who might be interested.
Buy why is a barber who cuts hair more regulated (POS'S) than companies that build boats? Go figure.
Happy Holidays to all.
Im not bashing you, BUT YOU STILL HAVENT SAID WHAT THE PROBLEM IS....

Sane Asylum
12-22-2005, 02:28 PM
Secondly, lying in bed last night, I couldn't understand why people are so upset. For example, if I were looking to buy a very large ticket item ( in the tens of thousands) I would want to know as much as I could about that company, good and bad.
Happy Holidays to all.
Why is your post count going down instead of up? Is this a reverse post count membership.........If so, does this mean you've got 6 left??
"Hoping in AZ"

NOTALENT
12-22-2005, 03:12 PM
He can quote, but for some reason he can't take the hint..... :rolleyes:

CornWater
12-22-2005, 03:37 PM
Happy Holidays to all.
http://members.cox.net/jw791/bunny.jpg

ClownRoyal
12-22-2005, 04:01 PM
Happy Holidays to all.
That is all dandy and fin. But dude - I am so confused I could puke. For god's sake - no more quotes or I will put a gun to my head :mad:

Kachina26
12-22-2005, 05:34 PM
A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush :D

RealityBoatCo
12-22-2005, 06:37 PM
Actually boat builders are very highly regulated. And getting more so everyday.
We just want to know what happened. Nothing else.

Kachina26
12-22-2005, 06:43 PM
Actually boat builders are very highly regulated. And getting more so everyday.
We just want to know what happened. Nothing else.
a stitch in time saves nine

thumper
12-22-2005, 08:11 PM
You deserve details. However I can't comment on said complaint yet, except to say it was filed. After complaint surfaces (public information) you and other Hot Boater's will get some answers.
"a stich in time saves nine"
26, I didn't wait to deal with the perceived problem but attempted to take care of it within AN hour after I sensed trouble. Unfortunately for everybody, it didn't go the way I expected. Hopefully it's not too late or only the lawyers will benefit.
I hope this helps.
Happy Holidays.

thumper
12-22-2005, 08:17 PM
That is all dandy and fin. But dude - I am so confused I could puke. For god's sake - no more quotes or I will put a gun to my head :mad:
Sorry dude, no more quotes...today...LOL

C-2
12-22-2005, 09:06 PM
You deserve details. However I can't comment on said complaint yet, except to say it was filed. After complaint surfaces (public information) you and other Hot Boater's will get some answers.
"a stich in time saves nine"
26, I didn't wait to deal with the perceived problem but attempted to take care of it within AN hour after I sensed trouble. Unfortunately for everybody, it didn't go the way I expected. Hopefully it's not too late or only the lawyers will benefit.
I hope this helps.
Happy Holidays.
Again, the fact you filed a lawsuit does not mean anything. Wackos file cases against public officials/large corporations on a daily basis. For all we know and without details - you could be one of those guys.
It's clear to many of us you put the post up to discredit Kachina (as reflected by two seperate posts).
Be careful what you ask for when it comes to "public information"; I doubt your attorney would like ongoing details of the case posted in a public forum -especially if things don't go your way. Absent your fraud allegation, your case is headed to mediation/arbitration - not exactly the kind of "bombshell" you're hoping to create.

upsman105
12-22-2005, 09:15 PM
The guy is a freak, if he were legitimate, with a legitimate complaint, then he would say what it was. Obviously he is an idiot trying to discredit Kachina, or just stir something up. :rolleyes:

CornWater
12-22-2005, 10:10 PM
No, it doesn't really help at all. You probably should have waited to come on here and post until you could discuss the problems outwardly. You can sue somebody for just about anything, that doesn't mean your case has any merit.
This is ***boat, and your voice of reason obviously has no place... Thinking before you speak, Bah Humbug.. :220v:

Nord
12-22-2005, 10:22 PM
O.k, I've been watching this thread and ..........................
Who cares!!!!
Why do you guys get all worked up over this?
Yeah, the guy posted a thread that was very loaded over a public forum....
Goes on every day around here. Why not just wait and see what what pans out?
Instead, you guys let this guy win by getting all upset.
All I can say is let the thread die and see if the lawsuit surfaces or not.
Just my .02 :cool:

C-2
12-22-2005, 10:31 PM
O.k, I've been watching this thread and ..........................
Who cares!!!!
Why do you guys get all worked up over this?
Yeah, the guy posted a thread that was very loaded over a public forum....
Goes on every day around here. Why not just wait and see what what pans out?
Instead, you guys let this guy win by getting all upset.
All I can say is let the thread die and see if the lawsuit surfaces or not.
Just my .02 :cool:
What if somebody posted a one sided slam against your biz? Wouldn't you feel it's a bit unfair without additional details?
I've been on the receiving end of a couple of meritless lawsuits, which cost money to defend. The guy isn't winning anything, in fact, he's already flushed out a coouple of witnesses for the defense.
I agree with the waiting part; like I said, come on the board when the case has been decided.
Besides, what else we gonna talk about - the big surf is going away soon! :)

Nord
12-22-2005, 10:36 PM
I'm sure Kachina has good lawyers, plus I don't think anything has materialized yet.
Guess we'll see :cool: