PDA

View Full Version : HYDRO THUNDER arcade game

BoatPI
07-14-2007, 02:26 PM
I own several Midway sit down hydro thunder off shore boat arcade games.
These are the ONLY true acrade boat racing game ever made. Midway even made this into a dreamcast game and x-box game, but this is the real thing with subs, 4 speakers, steering wheel, throttle. It allwows the user to select from 10 lakes, and 10 different boats with varying degrees of dificulty. I should know this week but I may be selling one. They sell of E Bay for $1,600 to $,2400 each. The internals include an IBM tower computer to drive the incredible graphics and sound on the 25" color screen. I can make a copy of the original tech manual too.
If anyone is interested, let me know via e mail at boatpi@verizon.net.
I aquirred another larger game for the havasu play room and seem to be short on space. I may bring this one to Surf City for delivery.

pw_Tony
07-14-2007, 02:44 PM
Hydro Thunder Kicks ass!!!:devil:
I wish I could get one.
My favorite boat is the tin fishing boat with the barking dog, and the jet on the back!

BoatPI
07-14-2007, 02:51 PM
These games do kiss ass and the sound can really be jacked up, it has voices too. If you try to select a fast boat, a voice shouts, "you are crazy"!!

Run_em_Hard
07-14-2007, 08:42 PM
This has to be one of the best games ever made...wish I could take one off your hands.

HOOTER SLED-
07-14-2007, 11:22 PM
Those are the shit!!!!!!!!!! My boys love this game. I think I need one for my patio. :D

repo man
07-14-2007, 11:30 PM
fuggin shweet!!!!

BoatPI
07-15-2007, 06:57 AM
I will update this thread on Tuesday when I sort things out. i think I will part with one I have in SO Cal. Up to 5 of these can be linked together!
Just as a side note, they can be detached into two parts easily and rolled around. The graphics are first rate, feedback through the steering wheel when you bump another boat, or crash. Bonus time for doing well. Some of the ten courses include Lake Mead, and Lake Powell. This game can be pushed around by one person, but should be loaded with a lift gate, or a low slung trailer like a u-haul type for easy transport.
If someone had the time and wanted ca$h, I bet they could drop this are various regattas in Havasu, charge whatever per game, and make some $$ throughout the year. Sort of a special event game. It can be adjusted to charge between 25 cents and $2 I believe. The coin section can be modified by a pro to a dollar bill slot.

Her454
07-15-2007, 08:22 AM
Hydro Thunder is the bomb! Love it. Used to have it in one of the Pizza Factory's around here and then they took it out a few years ago. The kids really miss it.

beaverretriever
07-15-2007, 08:29 AM
You never said how much you want for them.
I am interested, but the wife isn't....LOL.:)

BoatPI
07-15-2007, 10:47 AM
$1,500. Maybe less as i have to look at the condition of the decals of the one that I am planning on selling. New decals are on e bay though. check out E Bay and they sell for about $1,7600 to $2,200 plus shipping. It would include a copy of the manual.

BoatPI
07-27-2007, 05:01 AM
As I mentioned this Hydro Thunder is now ready for sale. Sub is loud! Very few are located in So Cal, and shipping is expensive.
I need to move it out of storage. This past week it was cleaned up, decals are good, new high security locks installed, set up for free play or 50 cent play. Screen is clear and all functions work perfect. I will include a manual copy when I locate mine.
HB hot price, $1,200 CA$h buys it. Pick up in Cypress, CA. It has built in rollers.
cell 714/269-0066. These go for $1,500++ on E Bay plus shipping.

Goad
07-27-2007, 07:08 AM
I have never seen this game, but im not an avid gamer either... :D
So i googled to find some info of it and maybe find a flash version of it somewhere ...but I found this wiki on it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydro_Thunder
i love wikipedia!

BoatPI
07-27-2007, 09:50 AM
It is so unique, being the only boat related accade gama, that it sold many Nintendo and PS copies. This is a sit down version as some were made as stand up styles. Up to 5 games can be links with a cable that plugs into the tower computer located within the cabinet.