PDA

View Full Version : Beachcomber

Advantage
07-14-2007, 09:47 PM
Thinking about buying a place in Beachcomber - good or bad investment? What is the story on the properties / ramp / boat docks? Any help would be appreciated....

Hardly Satisfied
07-15-2007, 03:36 AM
There was talk that the owner was going to sell the entire place because everyone pays space rent. You might do a lot of checking into before you buy.

shueman
07-15-2007, 06:50 AM
I'd do some homework...my bud just sold his, after 10 years, due to the rent increases, and the rumors..:)

Advantage
07-15-2007, 10:05 AM
Thank you for the responses. Any idea what space rent is? How would we find out if owner is really planning on selling?

duner21
07-15-2007, 10:19 AM
My best friend just bought a place in there. The beachcomber told him they have a new lease on the property for 25 or 50 years cant remember. You cant beat the price for being so close to the water. Ask the office and they should be able to provide you with a copy of the new lease.

Danhercules
07-15-2007, 10:39 AM
They are nazi's there. My brother in law has a place there. When we visit him I cannot even pull my boat in the parking lot. I have to leave it outside or pay somthing like $45 a day. Very strict on noise. Other than that, the location is nice. Nice pool and beach is not bad either.
One more thing, my bother in law wanted to do a small addition, many others have, and they wont let him.

BoatPI
07-15-2007, 10:45 AM
Rent is about $550 per month and increases 5 to 6 percent per year. Owner is his way or highway, but things from what i hear have calmed down in the park recently. I use to have a place in the rear full size area. use of launch ramp and slips has alot of value to it.

bigkyle
07-15-2007, 11:16 AM
We've owned a park model at the Beachcomber for nearly 10 years. Space rent was $265 whn we got there and it is now about $530. You also get tagged with a charge for water, sewer, AZ land fee and electric. My bill each month averages about $620. Rent has increased 5-8% each year. As someone stated, the park owner is indeed a Nazi dictator, but if you follow the rules, you'll have no problem. Use of the docks, secured area for kids to roam, and avoiding the launch lines keeps us here. Management has been extremely up and down with a lot of turnover. Many were knucklesheads, some pretty cool. Fortuantely, the group running the place right now is real decent.
A little more background -- the owner of the Beachcomber has two properties (1) the mobile home park, which he owns in fee; and (2) the RV section near the water, which is a BLM leasehold property. The owner made an atempt to build a hotel and condos on the mobile home section he owns, but the city was not buying into the proposal. I think the proposal is still on the shelf, but honestly don't see anything happening for many years. Let's not forget that the owner is close to 90 years old and has more money than most will ever see in their lifetime and he has several property interests in town. Another reason I don't see the changes coming to the park. If you stick with the RV section (or BLM Lease property) you should have no worries.
See you on the water.