PDA

View Full Version : Wakeboard inst video

lovemyultra
07-15-2007, 12:33 PM
My neighbors my kids and I are going to bass lake for a week wondering if someone had a name of a good instr vid so his teenagers could possibly give it a whirl I cant teach them and cant find lessons up there ,by the way any lake info is appreciated

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-15-2007, 12:40 PM
My neighbors my kids and I are going to bass lake for a week wondering if someone had a name of a good instr vid so his teenagers could possibly give it a whirl I cant teach them and cant find lessons up there ,by the way any lake info is appreciated
most people Companys, stores who sell wakeboards usually have a video .. may not be real up to date but they work..
what is it they want to know.. how to get up, how to drag themselves, how to ride the wake back and forth..maybe someone on here can give some instruction as apose to a video.. it is pretty simple once you get the hang of it..
how old are they?

Mandelon
07-15-2007, 01:04 PM
Bass is a great lake. Very pretty. We were there two years ago for a weekend. It does get choppy so if you want good water go early. Also its fairly small.
When you first get there you need to go get the boat inspected at the floating lake patrol office. They check your boat and equipment and give you a sticker to put on the boat.
The narrows are pretty cool, its in the middle of the lake on the north side, anchor and hang out. At the enty to this there is a very high rope swing. Be careful and don't fall. Lots of people did. Way in the back of the narrows was another rope swing for little kids.
Also at the north end is a fresh water inlet with some smooth rocks you can slide down. Kinda shallow in the basin, may want to walk the boat in.
The lake water is slightly acidic I think. Our prop and underwater chrome parts all came out shiny and clean after just a couple days in the water.

XtrmWakeborder
07-15-2007, 09:11 PM
I taught myself pretty quickly. Just stay tucked and they will pop up. I started doing tricks so I bought "The book" and it goes all the way from choosing a board to doing crow mobes. It's freaking great, but pricey.

Sheeprides
07-15-2007, 10:54 PM
Try http://www.thebookdvd.com/. Pretty good vid with varying levels of instruction from beginner to very advanced.

HM
07-16-2007, 06:00 AM
The best all time instructional video on wakeboarding is called "Detention"
It is very funny and appropriate for all ages. It also teaches almost every trick possible on a wakeboard. I use this all the time and there isn't anyone I can't get up on a wakeboard after watching this video.
BTW - had my 4 year old up on a wakeboard this weekend. I invented a teaching rope for kids that usually gets them up the very first try and they don't have to think about turning the board as the rope does it for them.