PDA

View Full Version : 7/13/07 silverwood

bullseye
07-15-2007, 05:31 PM
Decided late Friday to go up to Silverwood Lake with the family ,had a good time even with little problems.I left the boat keys on the tailgate of the truck when I left my house ,so when I got to the launch ramp I had to hot wire the boat ,I'll be damned if I went up there and wasn't going to get on the water .
AS I was hot wiring the boat I get out from under the dash and there is this guy on the ramp that just put his boat in the water ,he had some problems and decided to beach his boat right there on the ramp (concrete ramp) ,I could not stop laughing ,and to top it off their tow vehical was a very small car . The boat had to be about a 21' and I know it weighted more than the car its self .And to top it off he had his kids swimming in the launch area ,some people I just dont know about .
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w47/bulls-i/633.jpg
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w47/bulls-i/632.jpg
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w47/bulls-i/631.jpg

RitcheyRch
07-15-2007, 06:54 PM
Never been to that lake. Always wondered about it.

GunninGopher
07-15-2007, 07:05 PM
OMG that is hilarious.
There are a couple of things seriously wierd about that.
First, as mentioned, dude is launching a 21'? open bow boat with, what, a 1995 Mercedes sedan?
Second, WTF is the trolling motor for. Seriously?!?!?!?!

LUVNLIFE
07-15-2007, 07:08 PM
Is that a trolling motor attached to the back:confused: :rolleyes:

GunninGopher
07-15-2007, 07:18 PM
OMG that is hilarious.
There are a couple of things seriously wierd about that.
First, as mentioned, dude is launching a 21'? open bow boat with, what, a 1995 Mercedes sedan?
Second, WTF is the trolling motor for. Seriously?!?!?!?!
I misspoke, that isn't a trolling motor. Isn't that a kicker? An f'n kicker? I have never seen a freakin' kicker on a lake boat!! I swear sometime I just don't get it. I would have been looking around for some hidden camera's or Ashton Kucher to jump out of somewhere.

meaniam
07-15-2007, 07:51 PM
that is comedy there.
we who live around silverwood should get together in a few weeks out there in silverwood

boatsnblondes
07-15-2007, 08:01 PM
I misspoke, that isn't a trolling motor. Isn't that a kicker? An f'n kicker? I have never seen a freakin' kicker on a lake boat!! I swear sometime I just don't get it. I would have been looking around for some hidden camera's or Ashton Kucher to jump out of somewhere.
I thought it was a trolling motor also...what the heck is a "kicker"???????????

bullseye
07-15-2007, 08:10 PM
it was funny as hell.Im glad I did n't run into them on the lake ,and glad I got off the the lake just bafore they did.talk about some back woods people right there ( no offence to anybody) .
WE did have a good time other than the small problemwith forgetting the keys .
I had my sister and her kids from Georgia there and they had a great time ,did a few laps and then sat on a beach for a while and let the kids swim .It was better than sitting at home all night .
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w47/bulls-i/670.jpg
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w47/bulls-i/696.jpg
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w47/bulls-i/643.jpg

RitcheyRch
07-15-2007, 08:16 PM
Looks like it was empty there. Might have to try that lake sometime.

HocusPocus
07-15-2007, 08:22 PM
i like silverwood, been going to that lake for 30 years even worked there for a couple summers when i was in high school. i wonder that car holds up towing that boat up and down the hill.

bullseye
07-15-2007, 08:32 PM
Looks like it was empty there. Might have to try that lake sometime.
best time to go is on the weekdays ,weekends are just to hard to get in and to many lake lice out there .way to many crazy people that dont know what the hell they are doing .We left my house at 5 pm and got on the water about 6 pm and off at 8 pm . good short quik trip .

RitcheyRch
07-15-2007, 08:38 PM
Typical of the local CA lakes.
best time to go is on the weekdays ,weekends are just to hard to get in and to many lake lice out there .way to many crazy people that dont know what the hell they are doing .We left my house at 5 pm and got on the water about 6 pm and off at 8 pm . good short quik trip .

Racey
07-15-2007, 08:39 PM
Some people just make you wonder :D I've never boated on silverwood, drivin by it a hundred times on my way to arrowhead, I'll have to one of these days, it's a pretty nice lookin little lake.

OCMerrill
07-15-2007, 09:32 PM
That looks like a 190 MBZ? One of the worst cars ever made by MBZ. I just can't imagine him towing the boat up a grade but I am sure we have all been behind him at one point or another. And the kid in the water behind the boat as he works on it? Dumbass!
Silverwood is a nice little lake. We take the motor home up there, camp, play boat during the day. Not bad. Small but not bad. The water is actually pretty clean looking.
On the weekends though it ganster hell with every stolen, old, barely running anything...all on the water at once. Late afternoon or weekday...its yours.
Nice pics by the way. Brings up a few memories.

GunninGopher
07-16-2007, 07:54 PM
I thought it was a trolling motor also...what the heck is a "kicker"???????????
Offshore boats have them as backup propulsion and for mooring and etc. Think of a offshore fishing boat with a big outboard (300HP) and a little one (15HP) just in case the biggie goes out. The 15 would be a kicker. They are often mounted to the same steering gear.
I'm not sure if the sailboats that have them call them kickers or not, since it would be the primary power for it.
As for the boat and owner in question. I hope that is the only motor that ever works on that boat as long as he owns it. That looks like a recipe for an explosion. Here is the formula:
time(enclosed engine + dumbarse) = boom!!

talkinghead
07-16-2007, 09:25 PM
It would be funny except that does not look like the safest place for 2 kids to be playing/swimming - I think...
What an Id10T

Pheelin Phroggy
07-17-2007, 07:24 AM
we who live around silverwood should get together in a few weeks out there in silverwood[/QUOTE]
Our understanding is that they have a 26' limit (same as Big Bear) as well as a 35mph limit ( i am not sure all our boats can get on plane at that speed), so while we are game to go and have some fun, (we have been there just to bbq and enjoy the ramp antics)... we will need to play boat beeotch for a ride!

WYRD
07-17-2007, 07:27 AM
Thats too good James:D we need to set a day for a high desert gathering

bullseye
07-17-2007, 10:00 AM
Thats too good James:D we need to set a day for a high desert gathering
we who live around silverwood should get together in a few weeks out there in silverwood[/quote]
sounds like a plan ,make it weekday like on a friday head up there early in the morning and grab a beach,food and some drinks and spend the day .Sounds like a real good plan .

bullseye
07-17-2007, 10:02 AM
WYRD , how is it going Shane ,I think we are heading up to the river this weekend ,let me know if your going up there. laters and tell the family hello