PDA

View Full Version : Morton's Steakhouse is the bomb!

Jyruiz
07-16-2007, 09:39 AM
Took my wife (Mrs. Jyruiz) for our anniversary last night and I am still full, her first time, my third. I had the Porterhouse steak and she had the Double Cut Filet Mignon, Sauce BĂ©arnaise. Went to the new one in Anaheim and I highly recommend it, man it was good, glad I have half my Porterhouse left.:D

Racey
07-16-2007, 09:55 AM
You gotta try the Ribeye Cajun style, it's unreal. mmmm, i'm drooling just thinkin about it. By far the best steakhouse around. I haven't been in a while, i think its time to make a trip.

32sunrkt
07-16-2007, 10:53 AM
Morton's is a glorified Sizzler:D ... MASTRO's, now that's a fuigg'in steakhouse

sintax
07-16-2007, 10:57 AM
Morton's is a glorified Sizzler:D ... MASTRO's, now that's a fuigg'in steakhouse
I may have to agree with you. That bone in ribeye is pretty damn solid.

BoneDaddy
07-16-2007, 11:20 AM
Where is Mastro's?
Morton's is my first choice after my own home cooked steak. I haven't found anything close except for Flemmings in Newport.

John.
07-16-2007, 12:13 PM
You gotta try the Ribeye Cajun style, it's unreal. mmmm, i'm drooling just thinkin about it. By far the best steakhouse around. I haven't been in a while, i think its time to make a trip.
I agree. the Cajun Ribeye is the best steak I've ever had. add in their lyonaise potato's, a Morton's salad (or lobster bisque) and the key lime pie for desert...the best meal ever. and oh, their bread is the best too.

Jyruiz
07-16-2007, 12:15 PM
I agree. the Cajun Ribeye is the best steak I've ever had. add in their lyonaise potato's, a Morton's salad (or lobster bisque) and the key lime pie for desert...the best meal ever. and oh, their bread is the best too.
Had that for the first time, and it was great.

Troy McClure
07-16-2007, 12:17 PM
Where is Mastro's?
http://www.azeats.com/Mastros/default.htm
OOPS, just went to the website, I guess that is the AZ locations. There is a Mastro's at South Coast Plaza and one on Coast Hwy. between Npt and Laguna.

Mrs. Jyruiz
07-16-2007, 02:56 PM
I just finished my Mortons left over lunch. It was damn good. This time with a little A1 sauce. Love the stuff. Didn't want to ask for A1 at the resturant. Thought they might give me dirty looks. Today A1 came out of hiding. Sorry honey, I had to do it. You can take the girl out of the barrio, but not the barrio out of the girl.

Tons of Fun
07-16-2007, 03:28 PM
Just a head up...
Mortons is running a special on a dinner for 2 thru Sept 30. It is the deal of the year!! it includes all 4 courses and then some for only $99.00. Go to their website www.mortons.com and click on the "Steak and Seafood for Two" link in the middle of the page. You just enter your email and print the coupon. It is worth it!! Im not called tons of fun for no reason, I love FOOD!!!:D :D :D :D :D

Havasu1986
07-16-2007, 03:39 PM
Do you need reservations..or walk in.

Riverdog1
07-16-2007, 03:42 PM
Havn't been to Morton's yet, that was my next on the list to try. I went to Red's at the Wig Wam last week, excellent food, good wine list, atmosphere sucked though for a big ticket dinner.
My fav is Roy's at Spanish Bay (Pebble Beach), not rated as high but IMO, the best all around.
I would like to hear more opinions of Mortons, that's next on my list.

Mrs. Jyruiz
07-16-2007, 03:42 PM
We had to make reservations. The steak was sooo good.

Jyruiz
07-16-2007, 03:43 PM
I think you can walk in, but I would make a reservation just to make sure, and I made it about 3 hours before on the same day.

Mrs. Jyruiz
07-16-2007, 03:44 PM
We had to make reservations. The steak was sooo good.

BoneDaddy
07-16-2007, 03:46 PM
Now I have a dilema. I was thinking of taking advantage of the diner for 2 special at Morton's. Now I think I may have to try Mastro's instead....I think either way I am going to win!
Beef, it's what for dinner!
Mike

Ion
07-16-2007, 07:14 PM
Next time try the prime rib, where they wheel out the cart and carve it up right at your table. (like Homer) Mmmmmmmm, prime ribbbb....*drool*

John.
07-16-2007, 07:51 PM
Just a head up...
Mortons is running a special on a dinner for 2 thru Sept 30. It is the deal of the year!! it includes all 4 courses and then some for only $99.00. Go to their website www.mortons.com and click on the "Steak and Seafood for Two" link in the middle of the page. You just enter your email and print the coupon. It is worth it!! Im not called tons of fun for no reason, I love FOOD!!!:D :D :D :D :D
this is a very good dinner too. some of the best crab cakes I've ever had.

acatitude
07-16-2007, 07:55 PM
this is a very good dinner too. some of the best crab cakes I've ever had.
maybe you better quit eatin the crab cakes, lime pie and desserts and get rid of them man boobs:D ;) :jawdrop:

RaceFace
07-16-2007, 08:37 PM
Mortons rocks! Ruth's Chris is pretty good too.....just too freegin foo foo though! I havent heard of Mastros....where is that?? Its next on the list!!!
Flemmings rocks too!!!!:D :D

USCFAN
07-16-2007, 08:43 PM
I haven't had a steak better than the ribeye at Flemings.

onetallhd
07-16-2007, 08:44 PM
Morton's in my opinion is probably one of the best for the price. Not too high and definitely not cheap. The cajun ribeye is the bomb. The best steak I have had was at Cut in Beverly Hills. The Kobe beef is unreal and just melts in your mouth, but it sure does leave a dent in the wallet.