PDA

View Full Version : Sirens on the London Bridge

SandbarScot
07-16-2007, 08:06 PM
I was with my family at the Javelina Cantina Saturday afternoon. When we walked in, there was a guy laying on the floor. He had just passed out from heat exhaustion. They gave him some water and called the medics.
We sat at a table out on the patio and heard the firetruck coming with its sirens on. Now tell me if any one has ever hear of this...when the truck went over the London Bridge, they switched the siren pitch to a British EEE-AWW-EEE-AWW sound! When they got to the other side of the bridge, they switched back to the American siren sound. The ambulance just stuck with the plain old siren. Is this new? :confused:

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-16-2007, 08:12 PM
sounds to me like some repect for the bridge..

lalhc
07-16-2007, 08:13 PM
My guess is that they were tooting their horn to tell everyone to get the heck out of the way

OverKill
07-16-2007, 08:24 PM
It's been like that for years. Yes It's just for respect of where the bridge came from.

socalcrickett
07-16-2007, 08:25 PM
i can't speak for lake havasu fire department, but i am a paramedic here in california and our ambulances and fire trucks have 2 siren modes. one is a wail, which the sound is projected in front of the ambulence and the other is a yelp which the sound is projected to the sides, that is why at intersections the yelp is used to warn people to the side of us.

SandbarScot
07-16-2007, 08:32 PM
i can't speak for lake havasu fire department, but i am a paramedic here in california and our ambulances and fire trucks have 2 siren modes. one is a wail, which the sound is projected in front of the ambulence and the other is a yelp which the sound is projected to the sides, that is why at intersections the yelp is used to warn people to the side of us.
Yeah, I'm a cop myself. This wasn't a wail or yelp like we all have...it was a european sounding siren. I was laughing.

Kokopelli
07-17-2007, 03:07 AM
EEE-AWW-EEE-AWW sound!
How does that sound go Scot? LOL
Sounds like the HI/LO siren that we don't use in California.

SandbarScot
07-17-2007, 05:26 AM
Yeah, it was close to that hi/lo, but uniquely British or European....you know, kinda goofy sounding EEEEE AAWWW EEEEE AAWWW :D :D :D

Danhercules
07-17-2007, 05:47 AM
EEEEE AAWWW EEEEE AAWWW :D :D :D
Your sound like an ass.:D :)

SandbarScot
07-17-2007, 01:33 PM
Your sound like an ass.:D :)
Hey, your the one saying it, I'm just typing it :D :D :D

Havasu1986
07-17-2007, 01:40 PM
Talked with buddy who is a Brea firemen, but used to be a reserve in Havasu.He said that they didn't use a different siren when going over the bridge when he was there. But did say that most fire trucks are equipped with that type of siren.

Ziggy
07-17-2007, 02:07 PM
Doooooooo-Deeeeeeeeee, doooooooooo-deeeeeeeeeeee, doooooooo-deeeeeeeeee

SandbarScot
07-18-2007, 05:07 AM
Doooooooo-Deeeeeeeeee, doooooooooo-deeeeeeeeeeee, doooooooo-deeeeeeeeee
Thats it!! I was typing it all wrong:D