PDA

View Full Version : LHCMA updates...

Todd969
07-17-2007, 07:58 AM
:)
The Marine Association is kicking into high gear. The membership is increasing but to be a stronger force we need MORE. The LHCMA needs to stand up for all boaters and express concerns to the council. They will listen, but they'll pay more attention if we state the 500+ members of the LHCMA would like to see this or that.
Individual annual fee's are $50.00 and business members are $250.00
The association is Non-Profit so the annual fee's are used to promote things like: Safety, Education, handouts, the spring boat show, events within the city and other community related functions.
With a membership you'll receive a "LHCMA Fun Card" this card has several different discounts available. ( current members will receive theirs soon )
EX:
10% off parts and service @ Absolute Speed, Savage Marine, The boat Brokers,Magic\Sleek.
10% off Parts @ Walts motorsports, Lakeland
Ron's Detail 15% off complete detail
Ron's Billet 15% off billet products
And many other offers.
Our website is almost complete. I'm working on the links page this week.
http://lhcma.com/Home_Page.html
Please feel free to call me if you have any questions about the direction and objectives of the LHCMA. 928-208-6044
Trivial facts: The water between Davis dam and Parker dam is the most recreationally used part of the Colorado river. ( according to the tri-state waterways board report dated 3/07)
When asked " What would you like to see more of on Main st" The largest response was BOATS. Desert Storm provided that little extra WOW factor.
At the request of Main st, the LHCMA is playing a big part in the upcoming events. This gives the non lake user an opportunity to see more and complain less.
Hard Facts:
1) The city has just approved a study that could close a substantial amount of the channel.
2) There's a very big potential for a walk over bridge from Rotary Beach to the island. This bridge will be constructed at a low level so no boats will be able to pass.
3) The max boat length in the channel could be less than 25'.
4) Noise isn't the only thing to worry about. There's larger groups that would like the speed limited from Davis to Parker dams.
These are just examples of what's going on. I'm sure at the July 24th council meeting something else will show up.
Boat safe:D
Todd

OutCole'd
07-17-2007, 08:20 AM
Great work Todd! Thanks for all your hard work.

riverracerx
07-17-2007, 08:27 AM
Hard Facts:
#5 Real Estate values will plummet and inventory will be at an all time high (if #1-4 pass)
Great work Todd. Glad there is one of us to help lead the fight for the boaters rights.

phebus
07-17-2007, 08:34 AM
5. It's not only informative to attend the meetings, but fun, as we go out drinking afterwards. :D

Kilrtoy
07-17-2007, 08:37 AM
Hard Facts:
#5 Real Estate values will plummet and inventory will be at an all time high (if #1-4 pass)
Great work Todd. Glad there is one of us to help lead the fight for the boaters rights.
NO SHIT....
Who dreams this crap up...
Is the government of this town trying to turn it in to a ghost town.....
WTF<------- Still shaking head

havaduner
07-17-2007, 08:38 AM
5. It's not only informative to attend the meetings, but fun, as we go out drinking afterwards. :D
As opposed to council members, who drink BEFORE?:D

havaduner
07-17-2007, 08:40 AM
Todd, thanks for all your hard work, my app and check are going out today.

That Guy
07-17-2007, 08:40 AM
Thanks for all your hard work Todd....everyone on HB needs to help support this organization if you care about what goes on in Havi....:) It is only $50 which is cheap to have our voice heard....thanks.

duner21
07-17-2007, 08:57 AM
Check is in the mail!

CityGuy
07-17-2007, 08:57 AM
Hello Todd -
I am curious about your "hard facts."
1) The city has just approved a study that could close a substantial amount of the channel.
The study that has been approved is financial feasibility study that is intended to see how much of the Channel needs to be commercial and still allow the open space design concepts that the public indicated they wanted to see. Having this information will help city planners determine whether a developer may be proposing to over exploit the Channel for commercial purposes at the expense of limiting public access. This study is a good thing and I would think the LHCMA would support it.
2) There's a very big potential for a walk over bridge from Rotary Beach to the island. This bridge will be constructed at a low level so no boats will be able to pass.
One design concept for the Channel that has been submitted includes a secondary channel cutaway from the main channel. The main channel would remain open for regular boat traffic and the secondary channel would allow design elements like a pedestrian bridge to the newly created island and 'riverwalk' environment for the proposed adjacent resort. These are all good things that would not adversely impact present boating access in the Channel.
This is news to me. I suppose it could be more than 25' too. It is currently 36' and I have not heard of any plans to change the limit.
4) Noise isn't the only thing to worry about. There's larger groups that would like the speed limited from Davis to Parker dams.
This may be true, but the issue has nothing to do with the Channel or what Lake Havasu City is trying to do to improve it.
Thanks for listening.
Charlie Cassens

Insurance God
07-17-2007, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the update Todd

Kilrtoy
07-17-2007, 09:11 AM
Hello Todd -
The study that has been approved is financial feasibility study that is intended to see how much of the Channel needs to be commercial and still allow the open space design concepts that the public indicated they wanted to see. Having this information will help city planners determine whether a developer may be proposing to over exploit the Channel for commercial purposes at the expense of limiting public access. This study is a good thing and I would think the LHCMA would support it.
How about leaving the chanel alone. Instead spend the monies to beautify the channel with additional benchs bigger park, more parking, skate/bicycle paths. No new buildings are needed
This may be true, but the issue has nothing to do with the Channel or what Lake Havasu City is trying to do to improve it.
This we already know, but thank you for clarifing this info.

Todd969
07-17-2007, 09:16 AM
Hello Todd -
One design concept for the Channel that has been submitted includes a secondary channel cutaway from the main channel. The main channel would remain open for regular boat traffic and the secondary channel would allow design elements like a pedestrian bridge to the newly created island and 'riverwalk' environment for the proposed adjacent resort. These are all good things that would not adversely impact present boating access in the Channel.
This is news to me. I suppose it could be more than 25' too. It is currently 36' and I have not heard of any plans to change the limit.
Thanks for listening.
Charlie Cassens
Just what I got out of the council meetings, as you know they can be very vague sometimes.
Thanks Charlie, I appreciate your support and know you can always cushion the blows:D

CityGuy
07-17-2007, 09:40 AM
[QUOTE=Kilrtoy;2677185]
How about leaving the chanel alone. Instead spend the monies to beautify the channel with additional benchs bigger park, more parking, skate/bicycle paths. No new buildings are needed
QUOTE]
That would be a very valuable park, to be sure!

ChumpChange
07-17-2007, 09:44 AM
Individual annual fee's are $50.00 and business members are $250.00
The association is Non-Profit so the annual fee's are used to promote things like: Safety, Education, handouts, the spring boat show, events within the city and other community related functions.
With a membership you'll receive a "LHCMA Fun Card" this card has several different discounts available. ( current members will receive theirs soon )
EX:
10% off parts and service @ Absolute Speed, Savage Marine, The boat Brokers,Magic\Sleek.
10% off of a $500 annual service and you already make up for the membership cost. If membership numbers help, then everybody should be taking advantage of this.

Marty Gras
07-17-2007, 09:51 PM
Hello Todd -
Thanks for listening.
Charlie Cassens Mr. Cassens, I have been coming here since 1969 and (having lived here for the last 8 years) I feel that your statement about "... what Lake Havasu City is trying to do to improve it" (the channel area), flys in the face of all reasonable facts. First of all, why more new laws, when existing laws are not enforced? If the cops and the DA, can't understand/ implement the existing laws, JUST MAKE MORE LAWS? The SEA WALL, safety? less patrol cops? more air space? I feel it's more city money wasted on the ideas of "high minded individuals, with no real sence of what is actually going on" in the channel. "I KNOW FOR A FACT!" that the boat related businesses (I have spoken with) in this town WANT the channel to be a "family friendly area"! So why change "all the rules" because the "small number of cops" can't get control of the "small number of TROUBLEMAKERS" in a (money making) large crowd? Most of us create no problems. Riverwalk? Resort? 10 stories high? I just can't forget that these same "council members" are the ones who are going to spend TENS of thousands of our dollars on "landscaping a wash"! Who is getting paid off on that scam? What is going to happen to all of that money and work when the next major rain storm comes thru and washes all of OUR MONEY to the lake???
You "city leaders" should be proud, you just keep screwing us tax payers and we do nothing. You guys are "trusting" our city to the "ideas" of a bunch of people who have NOT YET GRADUATED COLLEGE, would you let those same people RUN YOUR OWN BUSINESS? TODAY? I don't think so! Having lived here for a short time, I have been able to see, in the beginining projects completed on time and under budget. THEN! I've seen mayors help private investors get special land leases. I've seen, mayors get special land leases. I've seen the sewer system shoved down our necks. I've seen, private land owners profit from "free city clean up", and "building codes" turned inside out to please the realtors and developers. I have tried to watch the UNPROFESSIONALLY taped city council meetings on channel 45. You all drone on as if the "votes" were already decided prior to the meeting. I think in the next election we should get a few BLM burrows voted onto the "city council". Things would certainly LOOK differently, but probably SMELL THE SAME! PS, "design concept"= developer lubing council. "study or feasibility study" = "my neighbor's kid needs a job". I would say that the EMPTY SHOPS under the Havalina Cantina would be a FREE STUDY into the need for more retail space in the channel!!! Why spend more money on BS studies??? Because the money is there???

Marty Gras
07-17-2007, 10:06 PM
Todd, now that you've read my little rant, can I still join?

Kilrtoy
07-17-2007, 10:36 PM
Todd, now that you've read my little rant, can I still join?
No! But now you will have a bounty on your head, just like I do......
better watch your back now

shueman
07-18-2007, 04:41 AM
Any idea on WHEN..?? :confused:;)

Marty Gras
07-18-2007, 05:03 AM
I'm quickly looking over the News Herald this morning and I see another point I need to speak up about. On page 8A there is a little ad about "how (you stupid) Havasu City water users", need to SAVE WATER. They go on to "teach us how to SLOW THE FLOW". It seems to me the water people who put this info in the paper need to look at the water running down McCulloch Blvd every time the trees and plants are watered! What about the 1" deep by 15' wide runoff of water on Jamaica at Saratoga every work day of the week? I guess the "sewer project people" don't need to save water either. I drove thru that "massive waste of water" for over 45 days. At my advanced age, I have found it VERY DIFFICULT for me to follow 'leaders' who "lead by words" and not by "example". "Mr. Kilr' " I'm nobody around here, so I really don't think I'll even get a responce.

BoatPI
07-18-2007, 05:39 AM
The city has alot of money, let's face it, things are god for Havasu. So perhaps they should continue to learn from businesses are implement some constructing by improving the park on the island channel. The parking lot improvements are excellent, but with the sun always bearing down, shade is needed. Add in children with families are frequent visitors, perhaps the city should explore installing large sun shades for tvehicles in their parking sport.
1. Look to the new sun shades recently installed at the Bashs supermarket on the south side for example. This would be a great improvement over a 140 degrree car.
2. A number of years back sh*t was plaved in the channel bands as oppose to qualith soft sand/ It damages boats that park on the bank daily, much less not too nice to walk on. Maybe change the sand and add in a few shade cover here too?
Just a few thoughts from a 30 year visitor and property owner.

Marty Gras
07-18-2007, 08:15 PM
"The city has a lot of money..." Right now! But when retail sales drop, and many vacant homes are not paying taxes, then what? My attack on MR. Cassens is NOT PERSONAL, in fact I don't think we have met. I am (in my own simple words) trying to relay some of the thoughts and feelings my friends and I have about the above mentioned topics. For instance, the land level (grade angle) has been changed on the island side of the channel since the "sea wall" has been installed. The "park level" is approximately 4' + above the beach level. The "sea wall" creates a shear vertical boundry line between those two levels. Dividing the park and water activities along with dividing FAMILYS. "Jumping down" from the park level to the water level seems like a "bone breaking task" for most of us. Conversely, jumping up seems like a Marine Corps training camp test. Familys, anyone, would normally use STEPS or STAIRS, but NONE HAVE BEEN BUILT. Why? Lack of planning? COST over rides? Other (self serving) plans our city council may have for the channel? Why spend more money on more studies, when the council can't even get the UNWANTED "sea wall" done correctly! NOW! What about handicap access to the channel??? "The city has a lot of money..." but Mr Boat PI, you, and I along with your grandchildren will be paying heavily for the "much needed (well supervised) sewer system"!

98 Vector 21
07-18-2007, 09:05 PM
Mr. City Guy....
Whats going on with the shop's along the bridge? Why dosent the city develope these shops before any other projects are consider'd? It looks like the bario.......Is there some plan Im not aware off?
Thank you...:)

vmjtc3
07-18-2007, 09:30 PM
Mr. City Guy....
Whats going on with the shop's along the bridge? Why dosent the city develope these shops before any other projects are consider'd? It looks like the bario.......Is there some plan Im not aware off?
What's Borneo got to do with it?:D :idea:

CityGuy
07-19-2007, 07:18 AM
Mr. City Guy....
As far as I can tell, EVERYONE, including city leaders, residents and visitors alike would ALL like to see the English Village revitalized. Unfortunately, there is little the city can do to encourage its owner, who lives in Solana Beach, to submit development plans for his (private) property. The owner has been put on notice that he must keep the property cleaned up or the city will commence code enforcement measures. He hired a caretaker and it appears that he is at least keeping the mess cleaned up. He has not submitted any plans yet and the city cannot force him to do so. He has submitted a request for a general plan amendment for the property, which, if granted, would allow him to request approval for mixed use development, as opposed to strictly commercial. I am sure there will be much press coverage when a plan is submitted, so stay tuned.
BTW - The former city council took action a couple of years ago to condemn the property and acquire it, possibly through eminent domain proceedings. That decision was soundly overruled by the voters in a referendum election that followed. The message was that the public wants the Village to remain in private hands and on the tax roles and the city should not get into the land development business.
Charlie Cassens

2Driver
07-19-2007, 07:21 AM
Mr. City Guy....
2nd that....
I walked the entire bridge/village area for the first time in years. What a deplorable slum.
That used to be a hub of activity. Now it is vacant buildings with broken glass, sinking docks, long gone businesses, dead trees and a sad sad dilapidated atmosphere. It is just a bunch of eroding structures with only some $hit pot businesses eeking out a living. Oh yeah and 1' deep in pigeon $hit.

Marty Gras
07-19-2007, 09:49 PM
Thank you "Mr City Guy" for your reply to my posts. Everyone knows the Village is a mess and we cannot blame the current council for this problem. The original problem with that area started when the (then) city council didn't take legal action BEFORE THE LAND AUCTON! Improvement deadlines, safety and building code issues! By your inaction you have now let Mr Reed control the upper hand and he will not improve the land until he gets what he wants. The latest change in comercial "building heights" really lets him know that "this city is for sale" as far as developers are concerned. I just would like to know if you have legitimate answers to some of my questions? Landscaping the wash? Police patrols? Water conservation? New (unwanted laws)? Special treatment for council members? Money wasting "studies"? The grand SEA WALLS? My last question may be my most important one! How much more taxes, sewer costs, override measures, unforseen levy taxes, pi..ing money into the wind, do you BIG CITY COUNCIL SPENDERS think this town can take ??? Do you big shots even consider the RETIRED FIXED INCOME NOBODYS in your "studies"??? I think not.

CityGuy
07-20-2007, 07:53 AM
I have always been willing to share any information I have using this forum to help set the record straight, dispell unfounded rumors and educate people who want facts. I get the feeling you are not interested in the facts, Mr. Marty Gras, I think your mind is made up and you just want to engage me in a debate over issues over which I have no control. This activity may be entertaining for some, but it would only waste my time and not accomplish anything positive.
Unfortunately, I am just a humble public servant and my workload and my employer do not allow me to spend time and taxpayer money haggling over moot points and meaningless issues. I am sorry if that sounds harsh, but that is my reality.
As always, I am willing to provide "legitimate" answers as long as there is a "legitimate" question. My identity and contact information has always been available and I am happy to share any information I have with anyone interested in obtaining the facts on issues, projects or matters under the city's control. My direct line is 928-854-4212 and my e-mail address is cassensc@lhcaz.gov
But please do not contact me to gripe about how the stupid city has made your life so miserable that you just can't be happy here anymore. That doesn't give me much to work with...
Thanks for your consideration and I hope you have a wonderful day.
Charlie Cassens

Magic34
07-20-2007, 08:25 AM
I have always been willing to share any information I have using this forum to help set the record straight, dispell unfounded rumors and educate people who want facts. I get the feeling you are not interested in the facts, Mr. Marty Gras, I think your mind is made up and you just want to engage me in a debate over issues over which I have no control. This activity may be entertaining for some, but it would only waste my time and not accomplish anything positive.
Unfortunately, I am just a humble public servant and my workload and my employer do not allow me to spend time and taxpayer money haggling over moot points and meaningless issues. I am sorry if that sounds harsh, but that is my reality.
As always, I am willing to provide "legitimate" answers as long as there is a "legitimate" question. My identity and contact information has always been available and I am happy to share any information I have with anyone interested in obtaining the facts on issues, projects or matters under the city's control. My direct line is 928-854-4212 and my e-mail address is cassensc@lhcaz.gov
But please do not contact me to gripe about how the stupid city has made your life so miserable that you just can't be happy here anymore. That doesn't give me much to work with...
Charlie Cassens
I kind of like this guy. You know, the non gay way. :) He is a straight shooter from everything I have read. Everytime he is on here is like jumping in a fire and he still comes to offer his knowledge on subjects.
Charlie, help us with the marina please. :) That situation with the LH Marina on the island really is ridiculous.

LHC30Victory
07-20-2007, 08:48 AM
...Charlie, help us with the marina please. :) That situation with the LH Marina on the island really is ridiculous.
I will second that!

OutCole'd
07-20-2007, 08:52 AM
I kind of like this guy. You know, the non gay way. :) He is a straight shooter from everything I have read. Everytime he is on here is like jumping in a fire and he still comes to offer his knowledge on subjects.
Charlie, help us with the marina please. :) That situation with the LH Marina on the island really is ridiculous.
Ditto, could not agree more.

Kilrtoy
07-20-2007, 09:15 AM
Charlie Cassens
I can understand that ........
That is the funniest thing you have posted yet...:D

CityGuy
07-20-2007, 09:21 AM
As I am sure everyone knows by now, the city has no control over the Marina or its operations. The Marina is a privately-owned enterprise operating on leased state land. The Marina is located within the corporate boundaries of the city and has a valid business license, but the city cannot dictate how they run their business or what rules they put in place for their customers.
Perhaps the LHCMA would be a better avenue to pursue in matters related to the Marina. Or you could contact them directly and offer up some reasonable solutions to whatever the problem is. Just a suggestion.
Good luck.
CC

LakeRacer
07-20-2007, 04:03 PM
City Guy-Charlie,
This has been hotly talked about a year or so ago on the building of another public marina. There have been several attempts to build another marina towards the south end of the lake and it has been repeatedly shot down, biggest reason was lake havasu marina has supposedly got some kind of grandfathered rights to be the only marina.
I think most folks detest having to use l.h. marina and especially dealing with thier made up b.s. rules / laws, subject to change at any moment.
There are lots of investor / developers who would be happy to build a real first class marina if the city fathers would give the approval, but to date this is a no go !! The other reason is the l.h. marina knows they'd lose all kinds of business, and rightfully so.
Maybe you could shed some light on why the city fathers are so afraid to give someone else a shot a making some money, and building a first rate facility !!
Scott
p.s., I have been coming to Havasu since 1973, and my parents have had a home there for the last 13 years, so i'm not some newbie to havasu.
As was stated by CityGuy previously, the marina sits on State Land and they have no control over it. It's the State that gives the marina first right of refusal to build another marina. And with the lack of available land (most of it being State owned) the options are few.
It was more than two years ago (almost three) that everyone complained about the marina. It was a hot topic for a while and an effort was made to try and force the marina to hold true to their contract with the State. In true Hot Boat fashion, most everyone on here wouldn't put any money where their mouth was. Alot of talk and no action. We raised a paltry three thousand dollars for legal counsel. We knew that wasn't enough so all the money was distributed back to those who contributed.
Out of the hundreds if not thousands of people who visit this forum daily, approximately a dozen individuals contributed to our cause. We even had one donation that came from Illinois (if I remember correctly.) Some one who was pissed that the marina was pulling these kind of shenanigans even though they didn't live here.
I'd be willing to coordinate another effort to try and get the marina to change their tune. The marina's contract with the state is coming up for renewal soon...unless of course they were able to convince the State to renegotiate a new contract sooner. However, if all I hear is talk and the money doesn't come flowing in (every one knows that attorneys aren't cheap) it will be the last time I try to help this Hot Boat community.
Flame me if you want...I've only written the truth.

Marty Gras
07-21-2007, 08:29 PM
Charlie Cassens
Mr. Cassens, I want to know the facts! Why don't you enlighten me??? If you are "willing to share your information" why not start HERE? I have my "opinion" because this is what I have been forced to pay for and what I will be required to pay for in the future. If my questions about the "sea wall", "the landscaped wash", and other "dollar driven pork", are beyond "your knowledge of LEGITIMATE questions", why do you even come on here? It's two simple questions + , and (if you are willing to be honest) please answer. After reading back on your last post, I must admit, you seem to be TALKING DOWN to me when I am asking legitimate questions. "set the record straight" IN YOUR OPINION! I don't want a "debate" I want the "answers" that you "came here" to give. I've tried to listen to the channel 45 council reports and they are not fit to be transmitted over the airwaves. If I were a man of leisure, I would spend all of my time sitting and listening to the council meetings in person. I must work a 40HR week because this (and other) city councils seem to think that "city coffers are unlimited" in their depth of resources! You came on here to "give legitimate answers to legitimate questions" PLEASE DO SO NOW!

Todd969
07-22-2007, 07:53 AM
is this a 1 time fee?i don't go to the zoo as much any more but this sounds like a good thing,its to focking hard to get on and of the water unless you get off around 1-2 in the afternoon:( ,i do love the sandbar and going up river, never a wait @ powell:D
It's an annual due. The 1-2 year plan is to make this the "Colorado River Marine Association" covering Powell to Martinez.
Todd

Magic34
07-22-2007, 08:14 AM
As I am sure everyone knows by now, the city has no control over the Marina or its operations. The Marina is a privately-owned enterprise operating on leased state land. The Marina is located within the corporate boundaries of the city and has a valid business license, but the city cannot dictate how they run their business or what rules they put in place for their customers.
Perhaps the LHCMA would be a better avenue to pursue in matters related to the Marina. Or you could contact them directly and offer up some reasonable solutions to whatever the problem is. Just a suggestion.
Good luck.
CC
I personally know people who have tried to get another Marina built. Deep pockets were definitely there, but they were lacking supprot across the board. From the city which led to the state and never happened.
As I said, money was not an issue, and still isn't, but why is it so difficult for the growing city to get a second marina, which would be state-of-the-art and really put the other marina to shame?
CC, hopefully you know that I praise your comments on these boards. I am not bashing at all, why cant a second marina get done?
Thanks!

Magic34
07-22-2007, 08:16 AM
As was stated by CityGuy previously, the marina sits on State Land and they have no control over it. It's the State that gives the marina first right of refusal to build another marina. And with the lack of available land (most of it being State owned) the options are few.
It was more than two years ago (almost three) that everyone complained about the marina. It was a hot topic for a while and an effort was made to try and force the marina to hold true to their contract with the State. In true Hot Boat fashion, most everyone on here wouldn't put any money where their mouth was. Alot of talk and no action. We raised a paltry three thousand dollars for legal counsel. We knew that wasn't enough so all the money was distributed back to those who contributed.
Out of the hundreds if not thousands of people who visit this forum daily, approximately a dozen individuals contributed to our cause. We even had one donation that came from Illinois (if I remember correctly.) Some one who was pissed that the marina was pulling these kind of shenanigans even though they didn't live here.
I'd be willing to coordinate another effort to try and get the marina to change their tune. The marina's contract with the state is coming up for renewal soon...unless of course they were able to convince the State to renegotiate a new contract sooner. However, if all I hear is talk and the money doesn't come flowing in (every one knows that attorneys aren't cheap) it will be the last time I try to help this Hot Boat community.
Flame me if you want...I've only written the truth.
Art,
I think that a legal battle would just be a waste. We need a second marina. Durning the summer months, every public ramp like Windsor, cat tail, etc is filled to capacity. A full service marina with deep water launch is needed!
I would persoanlly jump in financially, or get a group together for a 2nd marina if it could be done.

Not So Fast
07-22-2007, 08:35 AM
BTW - The former city council took action a couple of years ago to condemn the property and acquire it, possibly through eminent domain proceedings. That decision was soundly overruled by the voters in a referendum election that followed. The message was that the public wants the Village to remain in private hands and on the tax roles and the city should not get into the land development business.
Charlie Cassens[/QUOTE]
I may be mistaken but I believe the reason for not aquiring the mentioned property was that the selling price was $14,000,000-$15,000,000 which is what the voting public objected to, Isnt this correct Charlie???? NSF

LakeRacer
07-22-2007, 10:08 AM
Art,
I think that a legal battle would just be a waste. We need a second marina. Durning the summer months, every public ramp like Windsor, cat tail, etc is filled to capacity. A full service marina with deep water launch is needed!
I would persoanlly jump in financially, or get a group together for a 2nd marina if it could be done.
Part of the problem is the lack of available land. Please correct me if I'm wrong. The other big part of the problem is getting all of the different agencies who have some kind of control of the waters and shores of Lake Havasu to agree on letting another marina be built. It's not just the city.
A second marina is a long term solution. The short term solution is to go after the State to enforce the lease with the marina. The lease clearly spells out that the marina is to operate for the benefit of the general boating public.

Marty Gras
07-24-2007, 09:08 PM
I just had a nice talk with "Dicumore", he invited me over on Friday, but I'm busy that day. I am happy that he PM'ed me and we could exchange ideas, without all of the outside pressures. Although we don't agree, I still have some respect for his opinions and hope to meet with him at a future time. I do think that the "non-responce" from the Havasu City spokesman, speaks well for my position on the subjects that I brought up. I still feel that "this council" as in this city's past are MONEY CONTRIBUTOR DRIVEN, and not CITIZEN WELFARE DRIVEN. But who am I to say??? I just need to pay my taxes and shut up.

vmjtc3
07-24-2007, 09:32 PM
I just had a nice talk with "Dicumore", he invited me over on Friday, but I'm busy that day. I am happy that he PM'ed me and we could exchange ideas, without all of the outside pressures. Although we don't agree, I still have some respect for his opinions and hope to meet with him at a future time. I do think that the "non-responce" from the Havasu City spokesman, speaks well for my position on the subjects that I brought up. I still feel that "this council" as in this city's past are MONEY CONTRIBUTOR DRIVEN, and not CITIZEN WELFARE DRIVEN. But who am I to say??? I just need to pay my taxes and shut up.
Can you enlighten me on what mr dicudmore, thats with a d in it, because I can spell. Has to do with Todds post on the lhma?:idea:

dicudmore
07-24-2007, 09:40 PM
George anytime you'd like to discuss taxes, big cats, V-drives, boating safety, whatever you like--you know where I live and you have my phone number :D
Dan <---- will continue to just pay his taxes

Marty Gras
07-24-2007, 10:41 PM
What happened to your post? The one that got us talking about fast boats and operator loss of control? I still don't know where you live and could care less. I don't have your phone number, what the F are you talking about? I've only read your posts on this site, and I was just responding to your post (that you have removed) from this thread. You now know my name, how? Did you contact one of your friends that THINKS he knows me. It does seem funny that we are BOTH referring to a post of your's that seems to be removed! As you may have already found out, I just use the "old pontoon" on weekends and stay far away from you "fast guys". I like the water on the week days! Less accidents.

Marty Gras
07-24-2007, 10:56 PM
I pushed the back button and ended up here instead of the boat crash thread. I'll meet you guys over there.

dicudmore
07-24-2007, 10:59 PM
What happened to your post? The one that got us talking about fast boats and operator loss of control? I still don't know where you live and could care less. I don't have your phone number, what the F are you talking about? I've only read your posts on this site, and I was just responding to your post (that you have removed) from this thread. You now know my name, how? Did you contact one of your friends that THINKS he knows me. It does seem funny that we are BOTH referring to a post of your's that seems to be removed! As you may have already found out, I just use the "old pontoon" on weekends and stay far away from you "fast guys". I like the water on the week days! Less accidents.
my other post is in the accident thread--and my phone number is in all of my posts :wink:
don't blame ya at all--pontoons are excellent weekend boats :D