PDA

View Full Version : A Call To Duty Col., just a Call To Duty.

EXTRMBT
07-18-2007, 08:11 AM
Subject: A WAKE UP CALL FROM LUKE AFB
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 15:32:24 -0700
Luke AFB is west of Phoenix and is rapidly being surrounded by civilization that complains about the noise from the base and its planes, forgetting that it was there long before they were.
A certain lieutenant colonel at Luke AFB deserves a big pat on the back. Apparently, an individual who lives somewhere near Luke AFB wrote the local paper complaining about a group of F-16s that disturbed his/her day at the mall. When that individual read the response from a Luke AFB officer, I hope it stung quite a bit.
The complaint:
"Question of the day for Luke Air Force Base: Whom do we thank for the morning air show? Last Wednesday, at precisely 9:11 a.m., a tight formation of four F-16 jets made a low pass over Arrowhead Mall, continuing west over Bell Road at approximately 500 feet. Imagine our good fortune! Do the Tom Cruise-wannabes feel we need this wake-up call, or were they trying to impress the cashiers at Mervyns early bird special? Any response would be appreciated."
The response:
Regarding "A wake-up call from Luke's jets" (Letters, Thursday): On June 15, at precisely 9:12 a.m., a perfectly timed four-ship flyby of F-16s from the 63rd Fighter Squadron at Luke Air Force Base flew over the grave of Capt. Jeremy Fresques.
Capt. Fresques was an Air Force officer who was previously stationed at Luke Air Force Base and was killed in Iraq on May 30, Memorial Day. At 9 a.m. on June 15, his family and friends gathered at Sunland Memorial Park in Sun City to mourn the loss of a husband, son and friend.
Based on the letter writer's recount of the flyby, and because of the jet noise, I'm sure you didn't hear the 21-gun salute, the playing of taps, or my words to the widow and parents of Capt. Fresques as I gave them their son's flag on behalf of the President of the United States and all those veterans and servicemen and women who understand the sacrifices they have endured. A four-ship flyby is a display of respect the Air Force pays to those who give their lives in defense of freedom.
We are professional aviators and take our jobs seriously, and on June 15 what the letter writer witnessed was four officers lining up to pay their ultimate respects.
The letter writer asks, "Whom do we thank for the morning air show?" The 56th Fighter Wing will call for you, and forward your thanks to the widow and parents of Capt. Fresques, and thank them for you, for it was in their honor that my pilots flew the most honorable formation of their lives.
Lt. Col. Scott Pleus
CO 63rd Fighter Squadron
Luke AFB

Big Warlock
07-18-2007, 08:15 AM
Godspeed!!!!!!!!

yopengo
07-18-2007, 08:15 AM
Hell ya. :D

76ANTHONY
07-18-2007, 08:23 AM
that is fricken awesome.....:D

MADDOG355
07-18-2007, 08:34 AM
I saw that on snopes a while back I think. The guy that complained ended up getting so many phone calls he actually wrote a letter of apology that was printed in the paper.

Dude! Sweet!
07-18-2007, 08:42 AM
Great letter. Man, people are douche bags... As a follow up, they should have sent one of the base fire trucks over to fill the guy's house with flame retardant foam.

Sleek-Jet
07-18-2007, 08:48 AM
http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/wakeup.asp
So a guy puts his foot in his mouth and we all charge off in our internet chariots to crucify him...
At least he was man enough to own up to it and write a public appology...

78Eliminator
07-18-2007, 08:56 AM
http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/wakeup.asp
So a guy puts his foot in his mouth and we all charge off in our internet chariots to crucify him...
At least he was man enough to own up to it and write a public appology...
Wow, I would have bet that was a phony.

Baja Big Dog
07-18-2007, 09:28 AM
I'm guessing the guy would not have written the letter if he had ANY idea what the fly by was for.
Wonder why they didn't print his apology?

Dude! Sweet!
07-18-2007, 09:33 AM
So, because he apologized, he's not a douche? The guy wrote some a-hole letter to the air force complaing that the F-16 made too much noise while he was at the mall... That's a douche in my book! I'm sure he'd be totally cool with us running our boats on the hose too! Or at least if we explain that we have to flush the salt out so it doesn't ruin our motors (you know rather than just for fun, like the Air Force).

Baja Big Dog
07-18-2007, 09:45 AM
So, because he apologized, he's not a douche? The guy wrote some a-hole letter to the air force complaing that the F-16 made too much noise while he was at the mall... That's a douche in my book! I'm sure he'd be totally cool with us running our boats on the hose too! Or at least if we explain that we have to flush the salt out so it doesn't ruin our motors (you know rather than just for fun, like the Air Force).
Dude...NEVER said he wasnt a douche....

Wet Dream
07-18-2007, 09:54 AM
I saw that on snopes a while back I think. The guy that complained ended up getting so many phone calls he actually wrote a letter of apology that was printed in the paper.
It was a guy? Ewwwww. :mad: A faggy little douchebag was at the mall and didn't like the airplanes? **** him. Even if it was a normal morning routine...**** him. If you're a guy and you write a letter to the paper complaining about jet fighters...chances are you have what resembles a melted Hersheys Kiss on the tip of your dick at the end of your lunch hour. Go screw.

Dude! Sweet!
07-18-2007, 10:20 AM
Fair enough! :D