PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Homes

455Rocket
07-18-2007, 09:54 PM
Iツ知 looking for a VERY cheap mobile home. Essentially I'm already paying boat storage, and would like to kick up a monthly payment for a place to stay too. All the river communities are open, but I'd prefer Bullhead or Ft. Mohave. Iツ知 assuming Havasu is out of the question based on price.
I'm seeing listings for $55K, and this is where Iツ知 aiming.
Some questions:
Are traditional "home" loans available for these things?
Are they insurable?
What are property taxes etc... like in AZ?

Outnumbered
07-18-2007, 10:18 PM
Iツ知 looking for a VERY cheap mobile home. Essentially I'm already paying boat storage, and would like to kick up a monthly payment for a place to stay too. All the river communities are open, but I'd prefer Bullhead or Ft. Mohave. Iツ知 assuming Havasu is out of the question based on price.
Some questions:
Are they insurable?
Depends on if it is in a park or on fee land. You can finance a MH on a permanent foundation if its on fee land and is not too old...depends on lender. Fee land means you own the land, not lease it.
If it is in a park you will pay for the MH and also ground rent/lease which can run $300-500 per month. These are hard to finance and you are better off hitting the equity line or seeing if the seller will carry a note for the purchase price.
Foremost will insure most any older MH and should run under $500 per year. The big insurance companies will insure a newer coach.
Taxes will vary and will also depend upon if it is in a park or not. In most cases taxes should be well under $1,000 per year.

gqchris
07-18-2007, 10:37 PM
Some questions:
Are they insurable?
What Up Brian, you read my mind with this post! I have been looking myself at something in that price range. Ill let ya know what I find as well.
Chris

bigq
07-19-2007, 06:47 AM
I have owned a few lots and a manufatured home, all in Havasu. This was before the huge run up in prices. Something that was 40k - 65k was up to 150k. These were even the older homes. So I was looking at places like Willow valley, Topok, Mohave Valley which seemed to have better prices, but were still very high.
Things are changing and I now see fully graded lots ready for a new home for mid 30k up by topok and Mohave Valley and a decent deeded lot and manufactured home for 70k - 100k for the newer ones.
The prices on this type of home are dropping like a rock up there and depending on where you want to be you can get a good price right now. One of the problems is the older homes need a cash buyer unless they are willing to owner finance, which I did in the past. I have been watching one inparticular that started a couple of months ago at 140k in Havasu with a garage and is now listed for $99k.
Personally I am going to keep watching for a while to see what happens, but my guess (worthless at best) would be that type of property is going to fall quite a bit in the nest 2 years.

455Rocket
07-19-2007, 07:48 AM
I have owned a few lots and a manufatured home, all in Havasu. This was before the huge run up in prices. Something that was 40k - 65k was up to 150k. These were even the older homes. So I was looking at places like Willow valley, Topok, Mohave Valley which seemed to have better prices, but were still very high.
Things are changing and I now see fully graded lots ready for a new home for mid 30k up by topok and Mohave Valley and a decent deeded lot and manufactured home for 70k - 100k for the newer ones.
The prices on this type of home are dropping like a rock up there and depending on where you want to be you can get a good price right now. One of the problems is the older homes need a cash buyer unless they are willing to owner finance, which I did in the past. I have been watching one inparticular that started a couple of months ago at 140k in Havasu with a garage and is now listed for $99k.
Personally I am going to keep watching for a while to see what happens, but my guess (worthless at best) would be that type of property is going to fall quite a bit in the nest 2 years.
I figured prices would be dropping... and I don't expect to make a whole lot, or any, on value increase. This is one of the reasons I was looking for such low value property. In the future, when the market is decent, I'll move up.
I assume ON the river mobile homes are mostly found on leased land, while thoes away from the water a little (like Bullhead and Ft. Mohave) are on deeded land?
What kind of communities should I look at? The main purpose is to store my boat, so I don't want to worry about the local crack heads stealing my rig!

bigq
07-19-2007, 09:50 AM
Financially it is better to have deeded land for faster increase of value. The nice thing about just owning a mobile home in a park and paying for space rent is like you said, close to the water. Most will have there own launch ramp which is nice. The only place that i know of that is not a lot of cash might be Willow Valley. I assume there is more which i plan on investigating this winter.:D
havasu is a nice place for deeded land, but it is getting crowded there for sure. you can check a place called desert hills at the north end of Havasu and also the area called "North Havasu" has an area for manufactued homes, even a clubhouse and pool with very cheap dues. It is not a gated community just a place that has many manufactured homes.

455Rocket
07-19-2007, 11:37 AM
Financially it is better to have deeded land for faster increase of value. The nice thing about just owning a mobile home in a park and paying for space rent is like you said, close to the water. Most will have there own launch ramp which is nice. The only place that i know of that is not a lot of cash might be Willow Valley. I assume there is more which i plan on investigating this winter.:D
havasu is a nice place for deeded land, but it is getting crowded there for sure. you can check a place called desert hills at the north end of Havasu and also the area called "North Havasu" has an area for manufactued homes, even a clubhouse and pool with very cheap dues. It is not a gated community just a place that has many manufactured homes.
thanks for your help man...
Where's the best place to look for listings, esp. for sale by owner? What's showing up on the internet is very limited.

455Rocket
07-19-2007, 11:39 AM
What Up Brian, you read my mind with this post! I have been looking myself at something in that price range. Ill let ya know what I find as well.
Chris
Oh crap... we're gonna be neighbors?
Lets pool our cash and go for one of those pimped out houses in Needles!

bigq
07-19-2007, 11:50 AM
For Havasu I get a good report from this site http://www.brentandmichele.com/ They ahve a free report each week you can sign up for and it sends all the MLS listings. On the listing under the terms it will state if owner is willing to carry papers.
For the upper area you can use http://www.realtor.com and use the map search feature. Or a better site for a real estate agent with listing is http://www.graytiger.com/index.html Some good deals on a few lots right now.
The other thing I have looked into is getting the lot and putting a repo manufactured home on it. You can pick them up for a 1/3 of the price and they will deliver and setup for you. just do a search in Arizona for manufatured repo homes and you get plenty of links.

Glamasu
07-26-2007, 02:57 PM
I know a guy that is selling a place in willow valley and is entertaining the idea of carrying the note for the reason, no one is financing these...PM me for more info if interested

Glamasu
07-26-2007, 07:37 PM
Its in the spam section

uLtRADeNniS
07-27-2007, 02:01 PM
I know a guy that is selling a place in willow valley and is entertaining the idea of carrying the note for the reason, no one is financing these...PM me for more info if interested
It could be the condition of the Trailer?

NdaWind
07-27-2007, 02:16 PM
I have also been looking in that area for same reasons and found this site has a lot of what you are looking for
http://www.summittsriverrealty.com/

Outnumbered
07-27-2007, 10:46 PM
I have also been looking in that area for same reasons and found this site has a lot of what you are looking for
http://www.summittsriverrealty.com/
http://www.summittsriverrealty.com/newsulfp.jpg
:D :D :D

Glamasu
07-28-2007, 08:23 AM
It could be the condition of the Trailer?
Could be...I havn't been in it to see what its all about.... Just knew he was looking to sell one...I know you would have to do some tree removal to make it cleaner and more accesible.....Again no idea what the inside looks like.

havasumimi
08-07-2007, 05:11 PM
thanks for your help man...
Where's the best place to look for listings, esp. for sale by owner? What's showing up on the internet is very limited.
Hi! Check out this link.... it should take you to listings in Havasu, all on deeded land. They have come down quite a bit in price in the last in the last 2 years. I can post one for other areas too if you like, just let me know....
http://www.wardexre.com/war/maildoc/sd_AAAa003Dd20070807210615.html[/URL]

havasumimi
08-07-2007, 05:12 PM
Hi! Check out this link.... it should take you to listings in Havasu, all on deeded land. They have come down quite a bit in price in the last in the last 2 years. I can post one for other areas too if you like, just let me know....
http://www.wardexre.com/war/maildoc/sd_AAAa003Dd20070807210615.html[/URL]
Lets try that again...doesn't look like the link posted right
http://www.wardexre.com/war/maildoc/sd_AAAa003Dd20070807210615.html

droon
08-10-2007, 12:03 PM
I'm selling a single wide 40 feet from the water in parker for $16,000. email me for details daemeth@yahoo.com