PDA

View Full Version : Need ideas on selling boat!!!

RiverFF
07-20-2007, 12:30 PM
Boat has been listed since middle of April. Its a nice boat and I feel relatively fair priced. I have had maybe 3-4 calls on it, but nothing has worked out. Its on Boat Trader (All Areas, including internet), and HB...I thought about the Boat Brokers or on Eliminators used boat lot...Any ideas would be helpful???

Mandelon
07-20-2007, 12:31 PM
maybe if it came with beer taps? :D

bahner454
07-20-2007, 12:35 PM
Try Craig's list, no charge to list.:)
www.criagslist.com

Pussywhippled
07-20-2007, 12:37 PM
Boat has been listed since middle of April. Its a nice boat and I feel relatively fair priced. I have had maybe 3-4 calls on it, but nothing has worked out. Its on Boat Trader (All Areas, including internet), and HB...I thought about the Boat Brokers or on Eliminators used boat lot...Any ideas would be helpful???
Take it back where you bought it and see if they'll just charge a restocking fee...
Why don't you try and list it on Offshoreonly.com or put it on Ebay.
There's always Andy01 but I hear he's like an attorney... He gets 70% and you get 30%.

andy01
07-20-2007, 01:16 PM
Take it back where you bought it and see if they'll just charge a restocking fee...
Why don't you try and list it on Offshoreonly.com or put it on Ebay.
There's always Andy01 but I hear he's like an attorney... He gets 70% and you get 30%.
Ha ha funny guy........ I wish. I would already be retired........ :D

andy01
07-20-2007, 01:17 PM
Shoot me a PM with your add and I will try and give you some insight.
Andy

Lightning
07-20-2007, 01:18 PM
You may want to try.......
lowering your price.
If you're not getting any calls on it, then it's priced too high, or your advertising is not good.

Mountainstone
07-20-2007, 01:18 PM
I just looked up your post in the SPAM section. You will not generate any interest in a boat without posting at least a few pictures. It does sound like a nice boat, and if everything is billet or powdercoated, braided hose and anodized fittings it should look great in a photo. Go ahead and give the GPS top speed, since you have the big motor...

warlock 27
07-20-2007, 01:50 PM
you can post it on my boat connections they are having a 30 day trial.
hope you can see that baby.

RiverToysJas
07-20-2007, 02:56 PM
Sure Thing*:
1) List on Craigslist for 5-8K more than you want to get for it.
2) Relist it each week for $500-1,000 less than week before (be sure to leave previsou ad listed with the original price, and add some text about needing money real bad).
By the time 4-6 weeks goes by someone will think they are getting deal for thousands less than you were originally selling for and you're still getting it for more than you originally wanted, or about what you wanted. ;)
*I have not personally tried this but being a Craigslist Classified watcher like I am...I'm sure it works. ;)
RTJas :D

pw_Tony
07-20-2007, 03:13 PM
LOWER YOUR PRICE
It's not worth that much;)

RiverToysJas
07-20-2007, 03:26 PM
BTW, My plan also works in the SPAM section here. ;)
RTJas :D