PDA

View Full Version : enough is enough

a catered life
07-20-2007, 01:03 PM
i pulled in the driveway yesterday and went to the mailbox and before i could even read my first bill i was approached by a kid and his mom (i will assume its his mom) driving a pickup truck asking me if i wanted to buy some tamales?:eek: i was like wtf:sqeyes: ......the first thing that came to mind was under what conditions were those tamales made and who in that operation passed a health check....:mad: this crap pisses me off because i pay yearly for my licence's and insurance and these people always want to side step the system and take chances with your health.:jawdrop:

djunkie
07-20-2007, 01:05 PM
That sucks!!!!!!!!!
Send them my way, I love some home made tamales. :jawdrop: J/K :D :D

Tom Brown
07-20-2007, 01:07 PM
Perhaps those tamales are stolen.

MKEELINE
07-20-2007, 01:09 PM
How many did you buy?

MKEELINE
07-20-2007, 01:09 PM
I guess that would make them "Hot Tamales".

Mandelon
07-20-2007, 01:11 PM
We have a guy pulling a wheeled coleman cooler who comes by our complex selling tamales. Kinda scary to think what the conditions could be like, what kinda meat and such...
but, they sure are good... :D
Bye the way, I feel the same way about unlicensed contractors....

RitcheyRch
07-20-2007, 01:14 PM
I would never buy anything from those sidewalk vendors.
On a side note, wish someone would start a roach coach type business on the lake. Would make a killing pulling into some of the coves.

tamalewagon
07-20-2007, 01:17 PM
i pulled in the driveway yesterday and went to the mailbox and before i could even read my first bill i was approached by a kid and his mom (i will assume its his mom) driving a pickup truck asking me if i wanted to buy some tamales?:eek: i was like wtf:sqeyes: ......the first thing that came to mind was under what conditions were those tamales made and who in that operation passed a health check....:mad: this crap pisses me off because i pay yearly for my licence's and insurance and these people always want to side step the system and take chances with your health.:jawdrop:
She was working for me! :D :D :D

Jyruiz
07-20-2007, 01:18 PM
LMAO!

Cole
07-20-2007, 01:21 PM
That was some good stuff there....

socalmoney
07-20-2007, 01:24 PM
Kinda scary to think what the conditions could be like, what kinda meat and such...
Michael Vick sells tamales when he looses a dog fight.

Daytona100
07-20-2007, 01:29 PM
Usually some pretty good stuff. Sounds like some people just trying to get by. I respect them more than the shit bags standing next to a freeway offramp holding a sign!!!!!!

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-20-2007, 01:30 PM
So how many did you buy

Baja Big Dog
07-20-2007, 01:31 PM
Its a good thing they were not asking you to cash a welfare check, send um my way, those tamales are the best, watch out for the olive, they dont pit them....
Oh by the way, did they ask you in english?

MKEELINE
07-20-2007, 01:31 PM
Usually some pretty good stuff. Sounds like some people just trying to get by. I respect them more than the shit bags standing next to a freeway offramp holding a sign!!!!!!
What your beef with Caltrans workers?

Daytona100
07-20-2007, 01:33 PM
Not exactly who I was referring to but that,s some funny shiznet right there!!!!!!!!!!!:D Mike

MBlaster
07-20-2007, 02:09 PM
Leftovers from Christmas dinner.

TahitiTiger
07-20-2007, 02:19 PM
I street vendor uses a 5 gallon pesticed bucket. I am sure he found it some where.
Best tamales evah though! (and even pest free!)

79 HUSTLER
07-20-2007, 02:23 PM
We are off 25thE and S and we get this family that goes door to door all the time. Mom and dad head one way and about 4 kids, maybe 5-10 years old head the other way. "hey you want tamales",WTF. Do you get the POS blue lil truck that always tries to sell the fertalizer... Great F-n town... :mad:

Nord
07-20-2007, 02:47 PM
Tamales??? I only get the guys that say they have extra meat they couldn't deliver........... I would love Tamales, but only if they are made in a sweat shop.

Mandelon
07-20-2007, 03:39 PM
Those meat guys scare me. Door to door meat sales? WTF? Prime Meats or something like that.

Boatcop
07-20-2007, 03:45 PM
Did you get the oranges from the dude following them for dessert?

AFD
07-20-2007, 03:54 PM
Well said, give the poor lady a break.

pw_Tony
07-20-2007, 04:15 PM
When I used to live in Lakeside, lived off of Willow Rd. And the house I lived in had a yard on the corner of Willow and Fillbrook Dr. The whole side of the fence is lined with cactus about 300 feet long.
I would always go out to the road and find Mexicans picking the damn Prickly Pears or whatever right off the cactus with no Permission!:mad:
And I would have to speak Spanglish to them, I told them they could have the damn pears if they would just clean up the broken off sections of cactus, did they ever? Nope, just kept taking the damn Prickley pears with no clean up. I just don't understand....

Chipster27
07-20-2007, 04:30 PM
Chineese dumplings (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8133867179345202803&q=china+cardboard+dumplings&total=1&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0)

raff
07-20-2007, 04:49 PM
So what time is dinner:D :idea:

Biglue
07-20-2007, 04:55 PM
Free movie tickets with every two dozen tamales. :D :D

Riverbass
07-20-2007, 05:03 PM
Try the sweet tamales they rock. And yes i pay yearly for my licence's and insurance also but at least there not standing in the home depot parking lot, they are working.

GunninGopher
07-22-2007, 07:00 AM
That's pretty funny, but we have stands for our signs so we can sit in the truck.
(Just kidding, folks)

photo chick
07-22-2007, 07:12 AM
I would never buy anything from those sidewalk vendors.
On a side note, wish someone would start a roach coach type business on the lake. Would make a killing pulling into some of the coves.
That is a very good idea! I've been trying to think of a catchy new business. I could hire attractive women to sell the food, buy a cool boat and spend every day at the lake working!!! I'm serious!! :D

gramps
07-22-2007, 07:22 AM
That is a very good idea! I've been trying to think of a catchy new business. I could hire attractive women to sell the food, buy a cool boat and spend every day at the lake working!!! I'm serious!! :D
How about an ice and beer deilvery service around the lake?

photo chick
07-22-2007, 07:28 AM
How about an ice and beer deilvery service around the lake?
Now you're talking!! Liquor license might be tough but think of the money we could make!!! :D :D

Big Warlock
07-22-2007, 07:34 AM
Sounds like a future employee to me!!!:D

photo chick
07-22-2007, 07:36 AM
Sounds like a future employee to me!!!:D
Think we'd make some money on Pleasant?

sleekcraft80
07-22-2007, 07:59 AM
My brother sells these types of carts. I suppose they could be attached to say a pontoon boat. You could sell hot dogs, beverages etc...

photo chick
07-22-2007, 08:02 AM
My brother sells these types of carts. I suppose they could be attached to say a pontoon boat. You could sell hot dogs, beverages etc...
Exactly!! I could customize a pontoon to be a floating roach coach... now I need a name for it...:idea:

sleekcraft80
07-22-2007, 08:09 AM
now I need a name for it...:idea:
Titties & Beer Floating Diner

photo chick
07-22-2007, 08:26 AM
Titties & Beer Floating Diner
hmmmm I'm not sure about that one :D Sounds a little like a floating men's club

sleekcraft80
07-22-2007, 08:35 AM
hmmmm I'm not sure about that one :D Sounds a little like a floating men's club
How about this one
Food & Beer
Specializing in Hot Dogs & Tacos
:D :D :D

Kachina26
07-22-2007, 12:30 PM
Well said, give the poor lady a break.
Yeah, she's just here doing work that Americans won't do. After all, how many Americans do you know that are willing to cook food for people in exchange for money? :D

OverKill
07-22-2007, 03:39 PM
UUUUUUUMMMMMMMM excuse me but did anyone know that those ILLEAGLES wash there vegtables in the bath tub. YA right after mom gives the three anchore babies a S**ty bath, in go the onions and such. Sorry but you can keep your F**Kin TAMALEEE Bitch. Go sell that crap to your own kind, there all imune to the infestation.
OverKill

a catered life
07-25-2007, 09:32 PM
Tamales??? I only get the guys that say they have extra meat they couldn't deliver........... I would love Tamales, but only if they are made in a sweat shop.
i have been getting the meat guy for months.. my freaking neighbor told them i was a caterer and they never stop coming...i keep telling the guy i cant buy his shit because i need to be able to provide purchase information if anything goes wrong....the guy keeps telling me he can give me a reciept and all i can think about is " yes your honor i purchased the discounted meat from the back of a guys truck, but it was frozen":(

blown dough
07-25-2007, 09:34 PM
i have been getting the meat guy for months.. my freaking neighbor told them i was a caterer and they never stop coming...i keep telling the guy i cant buy his shit because i need to be able to provide purchase information if anything goes wrong....the guy keeps telling me he can give me a reciept and all i can think about is " yes your honor i purchased the discounted meat from the back of a guys truck, but it was frozen":(
Do you cater large parties, like business grand openings???????

a catered life
07-25-2007, 09:35 PM
Do you cater large parties, like business grand openings???????
yes check us out at
food4ucatering.com

blown dough
07-25-2007, 09:37 PM
yes check us out at
food4ucatering.com
Cool, we just moved our body shop to a brand new building we built on O and will be having a huge grand opening party probably in August!!!!

Tom Brown
07-25-2007, 09:37 PM
I respect your position and desire for quality, ACL.
I live in an agriculture based community and I work for the largest grain handler in the country. Needless to say, everyone here either farms, has family who farms, or is related to someone who farms. I've purchased sides of beef from a farmer friend at great discounts. It is not certified or inspected in any way. I feel quite safe but then I'm not selling it from the trunk of my car.
It's weird to think that someone would be sued over food poisoning. There have been several times friends and I have gone to a restaurant and we've all gotten sick later. The idea of suing never occurred to any of us. We just make a point of not going back. ........... until we're feeling much better. :D

YeLLowBoaT
07-25-2007, 09:39 PM
If you ever figure out how to get rid of them let me know... I can't get them to go away...

a catered life
07-25-2007, 09:39 PM
Cool, we just moved our body shop to a brand new building we built on O and will be having a huge grand opening party probably in August!!!!
let me know what your looking for and lets see if we can put something together:D

blown dough
07-25-2007, 09:40 PM
yes check us out at
food4ucatering.com
I am in the same city as you, maybe you have seen our new building?????

MR HARLEY
07-25-2007, 09:40 PM
Did I just hear there is gonna be a party? :)

blown dough
07-25-2007, 09:42 PM
Did I just hear there is gonna be a party? :)
You betcha very small only a few thousand pepole, you in for the drive if your home??????

MR HARLEY
07-25-2007, 09:45 PM
You betcha very small only a few thousand pepole, you in for the drive if your home??????
We sure are, would love to come down and celebrate your grand opening. :)

a catered life
07-25-2007, 09:45 PM
I respect your position and desire for quality, ACL.
I live in an agriculture based community and I work for the largest grain handler in the country. Needless to say, everyone here either farms, has family who farms, or is related to someone who farms. I've purchased sides of beef from a farmer friend at great discounts. It is not certified or inspected in any way. I feel quite safe but then I'm not selling it from the trunk of my car.
It's weird to think that someone would be sued over food poisoning. There have been several times friends and I have gone to a restaurant and we've all gotten sick later. The idea of suing never occurred to any of us. We just make a point of not going back. ........... until we're feeling much better. :D
yea the really weird thing about food poisoning is it happens more often that people reallt think....the best example is generally at grandma's house for thankgiving dinner or christmas and 25% of the people have the runs the next day..most people chalk that up to they ate to much but really it happens because something was in the danger zone (between 42 and 130 degrees) for two long because...no regular house has the capabilities to keep all the food hot or cold at the same time..and dont forget the cassarole your aunt transported on her back seat on her 1 hour drive to be with the family:sqeyes: that all the beginning stages of food posioning:eek:

a catered life
07-25-2007, 09:46 PM
I am in the same city as you, maybe you have seen our new building?????
where?

blown dough
07-25-2007, 09:48 PM
where?
Avenue O a little east of US Pole a collision center, a big brown building

a catered life
07-25-2007, 09:52 PM
Avenue O a little east of US Pole a collision center, a big brown building
really i didnt know....i will pay more attention when i go by.....there is alot of construction up there...do you live up here also?:confused:

blown dough
07-25-2007, 09:54 PM
really i didnt know....i will pay more attention when i go by.....there is alot of construction up there...do you live up here also?:confused:
Yep Yep!!

a catered life
07-25-2007, 09:59 PM
ok did you recently move here or what?...i have thrown a huge christmas party for the past 2 years and invited everyone from here and av..all the locals make it except JB:confused:
do you know the locals..the JBR's, the so cal's, the sprinters, and a few others?

blown dough
07-25-2007, 10:02 PM
ok did you recently move here or what?...i have thrown a huge christmas party for the past 2 years and invited everyone from here and av..all the locals make it except JB:confused:
do you know the locals..the JBR's, the so cal's, the sprinters, and a few others?
Been here all my life , your xmas party was on my daughters bday, that's why we were a no show!!!!!!!!

a catered life
07-25-2007, 10:05 PM
ok well good luch and god bless the new building and if there is anything i can do to assist your grand opening just give me a call :D

riverracerXXX
07-25-2007, 10:43 PM
Sounds like some people just trying to get by. I respect them more than the shit bags standing next to a freeway offramp holding a sign!!!!!!
Good point. Obviously the licensing issue hits a personal nerve with you and i can understand that. Im sure you work hard to get that and maintain that. But this is the kind of entreprenurial, can-do hustle attitude that this country was built on. For a couple hundred years now Italian immigrants, Irish immigrants, Dutch immigrants, Chinese immigrants have been doing the same thing; using what few skills they had(making good homemade food) and selling it to make ends meet. As was said before, they could be on a freeway exit holding a sign. Its all about how you look at it.

SoCal_fun
07-26-2007, 01:13 AM
Bought some of that frozen back of the truck meat one year. Made for a lotta good bbq's, although, not the best quality.... still, for the $$ not bad.
Hows your sun tan Willie?? :)