PDA

View Full Version : Nordic Venture 23'

Outnumbered
02-17-2006, 09:04 PM
Well the Ultra is gone (got full price in the trader BTW) and I am going back to my rule of paying cash for all my toys. I am going to look at a Nordic tomorrow and was wondering if anyone has any opinions (good or bad is OK) about the boats. Its a 1990 model and seems to be in pretty good shape for its age. Stock 454 B1 360 hours. Asking price is $19,000.
I already talked to PHX ATC and CatSkinner both who have had similar boats. Thanks to both of them for taking the time to give me a little advice and info.
Thanks in advance for your help.

RiverDave
02-17-2006, 09:52 PM
If your looking for a "mild" restoration project there's a I think a 23 or 25' Nordic in the spam section for cheap cheap cheap.

voodoomedman
02-17-2006, 10:04 PM
Well the Ultra is gone (got full price in the trader BTW) and I am going back to my rule of paying cash for all my toys. I am going to look at a Nordic tomorrow and was wondering if anyone has any opinions (good or bad is OK) about the boats. Its a 1990 model and seems to be in pretty good shape for its age. Stock 454 B1 360 hours. Asking price is $19,000.
I already talked to PHX ATC and CatSkinner both who have had similar boats. Thanks to both of them for taking the time to give me a little advice and info.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Good luck with the new boat and the house by Powell. With that said....
Your gonna freakin miss that Ultra.

Outnumbered
02-18-2006, 01:38 AM
Good luck with the new boat and the house by Powell. With that said....
Your gonna freakin miss that Ultra.
Ya, I know. It was damn nice. But at least I don't have to stress about paying a payment all winter for a boat that is just sitting in my garage. I think we had just as much fun in our 1987 Lavey 21 as we did in the Ultra. Sure, its not nearly as bling, but oh-well. I really wish I would have kept that old Lavey.

PHX ATC
02-18-2006, 08:19 AM
If you need a test pilot, I'm in!! :)

nextel4u
02-18-2006, 08:27 AM
My family had a 1989 Nordic Viking 26 Open Bow for about 14 years. It had the 454 and the Bravo 1. Was a great boat and we never had one single problem with it. You might see it on Havasu once and a while, the guy I sold it to takes the boat on that lake. Says "Never Satisfied" on the transom, it is white and blue with some gray and black striping. Nordic builds a solid boat!

N2Lake
02-18-2006, 10:41 AM
If you need a test pilot, I'm in!! :)
We could do it Tuesday. :D

PHX ATC
02-18-2006, 11:02 AM
We could do it Tuesday. :D
We'll be in his neighborhood!

jbtrailerjim
02-18-2006, 11:10 AM
How much did you end up getting for it? I don't remember how much your original price was.

2Driver
02-18-2006, 12:14 PM
I'm open for test rides or look overs as well. Can bring compression tester. 15 year old boat? Seems like there's lots out there in the $25K range but if it is super clean and garage kept. THere was a model in the 90's that did some serious chine walking but I forget which one.

Outnumbered
02-19-2006, 11:59 PM
Thanks for the offers. I ended up passing on that boat. Owner made it sound imac and used old pics and lots of BS to get me to come see it. When I got out to see it, it was banged up, the "$3000" stereo install was shit, and the trailer was rusted out (told me it was "perfect" on the phone). Looked like it had been in the ocean or Nordic trailers are total shit. My 1987 Competitive was in much better shape when I had it redone a few years back. Lets just say it all looked great from 20' away. I would have paid no more than $15k for that boat. He said he would take $17k but I really lost all trust in what the guy said after seeing the boat so I followed my instinct and left. Here is the ad if anyone is looking for a mild project:
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/7/0/82788670.htm