PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want a hot dog?

MagicMtnDan
02-18-2006, 02:19 AM
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/060217/060217_jacobellis_hmed_9a.standard.jpg
To many, it was blatant hot-dogging. In the moments after the race, Jacobellis insisted it was pretty much standard operating procedure and that she did it only to “create stability.”
A few hours later, in a conference call, she held to that point, but also conceded there might have been some showboating going on.
“I was having fun,” she said. “Snowboarding is fun. I was ahead. I wanted to share my enthusiasm with the crowd. I messed up. Oh well, it happens.”
Yeah, "oh well" shit happens when you're about to win the gold medal and you decide to show off and oops!

That Guy
02-18-2006, 07:48 AM
It was a bummer but I thought she handled the post mess-up interview with Bob Costas very well. I admire her sense of fun and if she had pulled it off it would have been uber-cool. Oh well, I did some stupid stuff as a kid but I do admire her sense of style... :) :)

wsuwrhr
02-18-2006, 08:39 AM
It was a bummer but I thought she handled the post mess-up interview with Bob Costas very well. I admire her sense of fun and if she had pulled it off it would have been uber-cool. Oh well, I did some stupid stuff as a kid but I do admire her sense of style... :) :)
Yep,
Shit happens.
She got too much air, if she hand'nt of grabbed, probably would have ate shit anyway.
Brian

XFactor
02-18-2006, 09:30 AM
Maybe she should have watched this before her event.
http://www.break.com/index/celebrateearly.html

Just Tool'n
02-18-2006, 10:10 AM
I was up at 3:30am trying to get the pain in my hip to go away, so I could go back to sleep.
Was watching the olympics & saw the ladies snow boarding. I felt really bad for her, but she did do it too herself.
I also saw the interview with Bob Costas, I can say she has a good outlook on it, she was still very happy with the silver, I am glad she did not bitch & moan about!
She must be commended for being a proud american, & not crying about it!

Ziggy
02-18-2006, 03:58 PM
I nearly cried myself watching her weep in her goggles at the end of the run. It was wrapped up, all she had to do is stay upright.
Showboat?, maybe. She used the wrong hand for the grab. Heartbreaking for sure.
In the Costas interview she said she couldn't see who was behind her and was glad to get silver not realizing 2 others had fallen. Must have been REAL hard for a 20 yr old to handle the harsh interviews...she was a trooper.
No matter what though, every one of the womens heats were full of action, much more entertaining than the mens races the night before. These girls were going for blood. Contact in each race....it was awesome :)

MagicMtnDan
02-18-2006, 05:20 PM
She flat out blew it and it's a shame. She showboated (totally unnecessary) on the jump and got too far sideways then it looked like she over-corrected and fell on the landing.
Unfortunately for her she'll never ever forget it. And that video tape will be shown for many years to come. It will be used by coaches everywhere in every sport as a lesson on how not to take a victory for granted ("it ain't over til it's over").

Ziggy
02-18-2006, 08:06 PM
I'll bet ya she'll never do it again.......she'll see that video plenty herself.....
Yup, real shame.......it hurt to watch it happen, she earned the position at the top and unearned it at the bottom. :(