PDA

View Full Version : Tyin it Down

brwn234
07-22-2007, 06:43 PM
I'm trying to figure out the best way to tie my boat down to the trailer. I cant use the transom hooks because the trim tabs are right below them. What the previous owner did, and what I'm currently doing is running a strap over the sun pad. First I dont like a strap across the vinyl, and second it looks ghetto as F%$&. I've thought about having a strap made that'll let me go between the tabs and the drive down to the bunks on the trailer. Theres gotta be an easier way though. You got any ideas?

Outnumbered
07-22-2007, 09:39 PM
I'm trying to figure out the best way to tie my boat down to the trailer. I cant use the transom hooks because the trim tabs are right below them. What the previous owner did, and what I'm currently doing is running a strap over the sun pad. First I dont like a strap across the vinyl, and second it looks ghetto as F%$&. I've thought about having a strap made that'll let me go between the tabs and the drive down to the bunks on the trailer. Theres gotta be an easier way though. You got any ideas?
post a pic

HighRoller
07-23-2007, 06:02 PM
Relocate the hooks for your straps. It's obviously better to move the mounts on the trailer, but if that's not possible have some new eye hooks mounted in a different place on the transom. Any boat shop that does quality rigging work can dial you in.