PDA

View Full Version : Lake Pleasant

Riverdog1
07-22-2007, 09:17 PM
Ok, it was my first time there. I used the South ramp and I cruised the lake and found some better places to launch and hang out. I saw some cool boats, met some cool people but never made into to fingers. Where should I go? The water was screwed for my boat...I couldn't give any throttle. I found a couple places where I could put my foot in it for 3 or 4 seconds but then it got spooky. Planning on heading out there next weekend after doing some more tuning. Is there somewhere to roam away from the main body?
Thanks in advance,
Riverdog:D

Outnumbered
07-22-2007, 09:44 PM
Ok, it was my first time there. I used the South ramp and I cruised the lake and found some better places to launch and hang out. I saw some cool boats, met some cool people but never made into to fingers. Where should I go? The water was screwed for my boat...I couldn't give any throttle. I found a couple places where I could put my foot in it for 3 or 4 seconds but then it got spooky. Planning on heading out there next weekend after doing some more tuning. Is there somewhere to roam away from the main body?
Thanks in advance,
Go mid-week. Weekends there are made for big boats. I live close to the lake and rarely get over there but when I do it is usually mid-week or in the winter.

rocket98
07-22-2007, 10:05 PM
Try Canyon or Apache they are much better suited for potato chip boats. P.S. potato chips are great.

Some Kind Of Monster
07-22-2007, 10:23 PM
I get there early before everyone else, run straight to Humbug, and get off late after everyone else. Trying to cruice in between those times in a jet is just a waste of time on the weekend IMO.

CMac
07-23-2007, 06:53 AM
Is there somewhere to roam away from the main body?
Thanks in advance,
This map may help. The Aqua Fria may give you some throttle time.
http://www.maricopa.gov/parks/lake_pleasant/pdf/2006%20maps/plesant-11x17-3d.pdf