PDA

View Full Version : The Palms/Roads End .... HAVASU

32sunrkt
07-23-2007, 06:39 AM
Is this place open yet ,,, is it going to open ?
Whats the story ???....:idea:

phebus
07-23-2007, 06:47 AM
What/where is it?

gramps
07-23-2007, 06:47 AM
Is this what you are talking about?
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157801

Kachina26
07-23-2007, 06:49 AM
What/where is it?
Surely you jest. It's the fuel place/restaurant across from steam boat, just a little north. Kinda hard to see from the channel though, maybe that's why you didn't know what it was :D It has been on again off again for some time. At one point the Chimi's took it as it's on Indian land. Not sure what the deal is now.

phebus
07-23-2007, 06:52 AM
The restaurant at Havasu Palms? That place has been open/closed on and off for a long time. Never eaten there.

phebus
07-23-2007, 06:55 AM
Surely you jest. It's the fuel place/restaurant across from steam boat, just a little north. Kinda hard to see from the channel though, maybe that's why you didn't know what it was :D
People have told me that there is a lake attached to the end of the channel, but I still believe the earth is flat, and that the edge of the world as we know it ends right past the dog park. :D
Can't fool me. :)

Kachina26
07-23-2007, 07:14 AM
The restaurant at Havasu Palms? That place has been open/closed on and off for a long time. Never eaten there.
I was there for the Tyson/McNeely fight, can't say that I saw the fight though. Bell rang, I took a bite out of my burger and when I looked up the ring was full of people, fight over:jawdrop:

yopengo
07-23-2007, 07:24 AM
People have told me that there is a lake attached to the end of the channel, but I still believe the earth is flat, and that the edge of the world as we know it ends right past the dog park. :D
Can't fool me. :)
That's where I saw you and Todd Sat. hanging in the "usual" spot. I cruised by and threw the shocker....as a member of the tri-toon nation. :D

Todd969
07-23-2007, 07:29 AM
That's where I saw you and Todd Sat. hanging in the "usual" spot. I cruised by and threw the shocker....as a member of the tri-toon nation. :D
Should have pulled up close and said hello. We had people coming and going all day.
:D

Lavey5150
07-23-2007, 08:49 AM
Havasu Palms is great, had a place there when I was a kid, Roads End bar, drinks at 16, good stuff.................

Kyote
07-23-2007, 08:58 AM
Is this place open yet ,,, is it going to open ?
Whats the story ???....:idea:
Here is some of the story. I used to go to Roads End when I was a kid back when there was no Lake Havasu City. Only Site 6 and a couple of quanset huts and a few cabins for rent. No bridge over the Bill Williams River! Sometimes it took hours to get to Site Six from old Route 66. I must be really old!!!
http://www.havasumagazine.com/havasupalmstakeover.htm