PDA

View Full Version : Travelocity

07-23-2007, 08:25 AM
Anyone else ever have problems with these A Holes??
:burningm:

Baja Big Dog
07-23-2007, 08:40 AM
YES...don't use them....We are in Mexico with customers alot, and these jack holes are the scum. They claim they will "work" with the hotels to make things right, no guarantees, they will "work" with them. The problem is you pay for your rooms up front with these jerk wads.
We had 15 rooms reserved in Cabo for a tour. Three customers decided to stay at another hotel, we cancelled three days before. When we got to Cabo after riding for 7 days were were told we would not get our money because we had to cancel three days prior to cancellation!!! WE DID...The hotel told us there hands were tied, but since we go there alot the manager gave us credit for the three rooms (around a grand), after I told them I was gonna go on the street and find some homeless people to use the rooms since I was gonna pay for them.
Here's my secret, don't tell anyone!!!
Make the reservations at the hotel, normally a month or two ahead. Call the brokers (price-line, Travelocity etc.) and get the rates, which are always cheaper than your reserved price. Then call the hotel and tell them the price from the brokers, and ask them to match it, which they normally do because it saves them the fee to the brokers, and viola...cheap rooms.

Boatcop
07-23-2007, 11:38 AM
Sounds like you forgot your hat.
http://blog.christmasinorlando.com/wp-content/uploads/thumb-otu_gnome.jpg

SB
07-23-2007, 11:51 AM
I stopped using them after they gave me an Orlando to Pittsburg to Denver. Then an Orlando to Chicago to Okla flight.
I do give them credit for bringing down prices direct from the airlines a few years ago, but life is too short to fly in the wrong direction to save $25.

Goad
07-23-2007, 11:56 AM
lately for local places (ie vegas) i find that the rates through the hotels websites are damn near the same price as the brokers.
so why add the middle man?

adjones419
07-23-2007, 11:57 AM
I've gone through Priceline a few times, they seem to be ok.

RUCAV
07-23-2007, 12:12 PM
I used them for some reservations in Vegas and wanted to change the dates of my stay. Basically show up a day later, but stay an extra day. I had to call them 6 times and spoke with Steve (Mohamed) and Frank (Osama) and they swore to me everything had been taken care of. When I asked to speak to a supervisor they put me on hold for 74 minutes (put the phone on speaker and watched tv) before someone else called and I hung up.
When I went to check in the hotel in Vegas the woman said they would have to charge me a No Show fee since I didnt check in. Luckily I had an email from one of them stating the reservations dates had been changed, so the hotel didnt charge me. The woman said the hotel staff calls Travelocity, "Traveloshity" due to the number of complaints.
I filled out there customer service questionaire that assured me a rep would be getting back to me. That was in April

Old Texan
07-23-2007, 01:09 PM
Since they started the "outsourcing" they have gone from fair service to crap service.
Never trust anything from them without hard confirmation and consider last minute service nonexistant.
Book direct.

GunninGopher
07-23-2007, 01:35 PM
I am in the middle of Travelocity hell right now. I soooooo regret using them. If they had an office anywhere in the SouthWester US I would drive there just to be able to read the roit act to everyone from the janitor to the CEO. I have spent over 3 hours on hold, spoken with about a dozen foreigners who always say how they understand. I have had it and there is nothing I can do. They already cashed the check.
It all started a couple of months ago when the wife and I decided on Couples Sans Succi, Ochos Rios Jamaica. We booked the hotel and a direct flight out of LAX. We live in San Diego but figured it would be easier and cheaper to drive and park instead of going through Charlotte or Atlanta or something.
So Air Jamaica decides to cancel our outbound flight and tell us that they'll fly us LAX-Atlanta-Jamaica. I said that is BS because if I'm going to transfer, then I'd rather fly out of San Diego. They said they wouldn't do that and said that if I cancel it will cost $50 per ticket. Well, I finally got Air Jamaica to relent and I got my full refund. Travelocity was absolutely no help at all. Now I'm trying to change my dates so that we can still fly direct, and Travelocity says I have to call the hotel, and the hotel says that they can't do anything because I booked with Travelocity.
I could go on and on, but this thead has reminded me that i have to call them back and get on hold, since I have about an hour. I spent 2 hours on the drive here to the river last Thursday either on hold or repeating my story to another CSR.
DO NOT EVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, USE TRAVELOCITY EVER. IF ANYTHING HAPPENS YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN.

Ziggy
07-23-2007, 01:52 PM
Early on they seemed to be good, now not so good.
Wife does all the booking and she's got some good sites, sometimes direct works best.

Baja Big Dog
07-23-2007, 03:05 PM
Don't single out travelocity, they are all bad....if you choose not to listen to us here and use these brokers get everything you say in writing and take it with you. remember the hotels don't like these bottom feeders, so getting anything out of them when the brokers are involved is tough!!!

07-23-2007, 03:26 PM
. I had to call them 6 times and spoke with Steve (Mohamed) and Frank (Osama) and they swore to me everything had been taken care of. When I asked to speak to a supervisor they put me on hold for 74 minutes
The part about holding on the phone for an extended amount of time is what really pissed me off. These A-holes had almost a month to book my reservation. Four hours after arriving at the hotel and over 1 1/2 hours of cell min. used, I spoke to a supervisor who offered me $25 toward my next travel with them.
YEAH RIGHT!

Panic Button
07-23-2007, 03:53 PM
We've used them for 5 years without a problem. We travel 4-5 times a year to Mexico, Jamaica & the Islands and compare them with Orbitz, both will meet or beat each others price.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-23-2007, 04:47 PM
There have been many times when I have seen a price online, then called the hotel, told them the price I saw online, and they match it. I won't say they'll do it evertime, but over 50%.

BoatPI
07-23-2007, 06:04 PM
NEVER use these sites foor airline bookings as you give up most of your rughts as the company is the agent/traveler, not you. ALWAYS book with an airline direct.